Quest The First Coalition[Templar]

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar
S

Saul Talith

Aberrasai Savannah - East

Saul stood quietly atop a small hill, his cloak snapping in the gusted breeze, his lips thinning as he watched the Savannah in front of him.

To the north he could see the a small line of soldiers coming towards him, to the west he saw nothing but the plains, and behind him was arrayed a small camp of more than a hundred Templar. They were all well armed, well armored, and each of them wore an expression of grim determination.

Saul had brought them here, had brought all of them here and even called for more.

A month ago, just after his ascension to the rank of Lord Commander, Saul had been alerted of...something within the East of the Aberrasai Savannah. The letters had been scant in details, but had shown him enough to know whatever was out here carried a threat.

There was talk of creeping vines, men and women turned to dust, entire villages abandoned and overcome with a strange sort of blight.

Saul had no idea what it was, but he knew that the Broken Sword alone would not be able to handle it. So he had called to the others, those he'd met at the great Fortress of Herath. He hoped they would come, hoped they would bring what forces they had.

They could not face this alone, whatever it was.

Skuld had come to the call of the Lord Commander, at first because of a sense of duty. After hearing about the plight in the Savannah and talk of vines, it had concerned her a bit more. What sort of magic could turn people to mere dust? And something about a blight overtaking villages? They would find out soon enough what wicked things had crawled it's way through these lands.

She stood to the commanders back, her visor flipped up and watching as he was over the land. The hammer at her hip ringing slightly as it glanced off of her cuisses when she turned to look at the camp before addressing Saul.

"How do we plan to approach this, Lord Commander? Varying skills and tactics between the orders makes overall commands a bit harder." Skuld observed as she glanced between those camps that had joined the cause. She hoped the black roses would cooperate for the time being.

• Yay
Reactions: Saul Talith
Saul slowly nodded in agreement.

There would be dozens of them, all with different skills and abilities. Commanding all of that would be hard...not the least because he'd told them that he did not expect to be in charge. It was something that they would have to deal with, that much was more than obvious.

"Everyone will have to be put to their best." The Answer was...well he knew that it was little more than fluff, but at the moment he wasn't entirely sure what else to say.

Turning to Skuld Zajac he shifted his weight slightly.

"There is something out there." He told the Potion Knight. "Something bigger than what we've faced before."

Hand landed on the hilt of his sword, almost as if seeking comfort. "If we scatter, if we move on our own, it might very well overwhelm us."

• Yay
Reactions: Skuld Zajac
Many have come. All from different walks of life, many with, and without the gift or the curse of magical prowess. I knew from the get go, that this upcoming incursion would not be an easy walk. So many unknowns permeated the solution to this problem. People missing, entire villages gone without so much as a scuffle. Something in my bones told met that this was going to be something for the history books.

The horse trotted down the lane. My body bouncing up and down with the rhythm of the horse's movement. A sword at my belt, hammer held on my back with a simple strap, and a small round buckler like shield on my off hand. I required no summoning of my weapons today. I wanted to keep all of my energies for retrieving weapons rather than having to summon it in the first place.

Still, I had a job to perform. I had collected the listings of all those who had currently marked in as being present to this summit. This gathering was so large, that in my right hand, I had a literal scroll of names and titles related to those who came. Seeing that my Lord Commander was up on the hill with another person, I led my horse up the side and over to their position. Barely being able to hear the last part of whatever they were talking about.

"The Listing for you, Lord."

I took a moment to dismount from the horse and presented the scroll to the man. Once doing that, I responded.

"If we will be working in teams, or larger groups, then we may have to split some Orders up to get the best results."

"Thank you Arya." His voice was calm, even, gaze falling over the distant Knights one last time before he turned back towards the two other Templar.

Things were precarious now. He couldn't move the pieces as he would like. Some of the assembled Chapters were hesitant about all of this, not entirely sure about the Alliance or it's usefulness in the current day and age. Saul couldn't blame them, his own people were just as unsure.

"I believe playing to our strengths would be best." Saul said slowly, glancing over towards Skuld for just a brief second before he continued. "We ignore Chapter lines."

That would likely be unpopular, but necessary. "Every group will have the most capable that can be found, paired so they are effective in combat and...whatever else we may encounter out there."

The fact that they didn't know made him feel sick.

Skuld Zajac | Arya

Skuld simply nodded as the man spoke of ignoring the chapter lines, her own thoughts similar to his own as he explained the way they would group the myriad of skills.

"I would ask to be among the first group in. I have limited magic, and my potions take a bit for the effects to take hold, but I can report back to my chapter how best to fight what we find." Skuld requested as she looked over the camp.

"I believe one from all the chapters should do much the same. We might be allied in this goal, but until everyone has an idea, or at least a tactic in mind, they might resist working together." She finished as she thought of her own chapters hesitant agreement to all of this.

• Yay
Reactions: Saul Talith