Private Tales The Ending of The Beginning.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“As you wish mistress.” Elise said glancing at the elf with a look of distrustful annoyance. Elise didn’t like new comers until they proved their loyalty they were a liability in her opinion. But the child was pure. And she was marked. Had the whispers not told her themselves.

“Come on love. Let’s be off then. Kitchens will be busy this time of night. At least they better be..” Elise said ending darkly as her own stomach growled. “O-ok.. Melaniphi said taking a solid step before stumbling someone and leaning on Elise.

“Sorry...j..just light headed.” She squeaked bracing for retaliation of some kind. Her wide eyes never leaving Elise’s teeth. “It’s fine.” Elise said neutrally deftly steadying the girl and helping her off down the hallway. “I will meet you in the throne room after the task is complete.” She said with another bow before she was gone. Just Eleanor in the garden of a friend..The light drizzle of rain had turned for the worse. It now pelted the mountain side. Droplets of water formed on the flowers pelts as they almost seemed to weep for their old caretaker.

Elise returned to the throne room shortly. “She got some soup and tea inside her. It did her well. I helped prepare a bath and instructed her to rest afterwards.” Elise said with a bow. Waiting to be asked to rise once more she would stand and produced a cloth wrapped bundle.

Unwrapping the bundle she would produce what appeared to be a steaming hot square of bread roll. Taking out her own she would toss one to Eleanor. “The put cooked dear meat and vegetables in these.” Elise said with a grim smirk.

“I didn’t think it would be a very “soup and sleep” kind of evening for either of us. They hand these out as rations..” She bit into her own.

“Maywynn had me prepare the pit. Dreadweaver selection. Follow your gut.“ She said simply. Taking a seat at the steps at the feet of Eleanor’s throne she chewed thoughtfully.

“And all the same you’ve made an enemy of her..I don’t like this...She’llwant to even the score quickly. I doubt you should be worried...but you should be mindful. She doesn’t think like a human. The void is patient.” Why was she doing this? What did she care for this woman? She should be playing it safe.

“Take care of the child..” echoed through her mind. Not the whispers..The voice of Luna...screw that old wolf for forcing her into this..

She was taking a risk aiding with a brand new void forger over the very bridge of her god. Though something about what Luna had asked of her...

She just felt compelled.

However given their history it seemed her brief and neutral tone showed she full expected to be rejected.

• Yay
Reactions: Eleanor Griffin
Eleanor stood alone in the garden letting the ice cold rain come down around her and run down her skin. Letting it wash away all the pain and carry it down to feed the earth.

Eleanor did not stay long. Opening her eyes she bowed one last time to Luna's tombstone and headed inside.

Heading back to the throne room she took off her wet coat, the cloths underneath damp in patches but not soaked. She sat down on the throne draping her coat over the arm of the chair. She took off her hat and placed it on top of the coat sitting down in the chair and folding her hands thoughtfully.

It had been only a few hours since she had arrived, and only several days since she had made that last fatal deal with her master. The deal to serve him with all her cunning and will. Yet so much had happened. Luna was at peace, a new High priestess was chosen, and she was the new leader of the cult. She had known that the role of Void Forger was important but she had not fully understood that it had meant she would be carrying her sisters into a new era of prosperity.

Elise returned and keeled, reporting on Melaniphi's status. Eleanor allowed Elise to rise and she continued, explaining that it would probably be a long night for the both of them. Eleanor took the food gratefully, eating as she listened. Elise explain that new dread weavers were to be selected. This made sense, while priestesses were important, in these uncertain times warriors were needed first before healers. Elise also warned Eleanor of Maywenn.

It was strange, there was a time when she feared and hated Elise, but now she could not help but see a sister in her. Perhaps it was the kinship she saw her and Luna had shared. Or perhaps it was her new role of leader. Either way, Eleanor knew now that Elise was not responsible for her brothers death. It was a tragedy she was willing to put behind them.

"I knew challenging Maywynn would be dangerous. Though you have been with the order far longer than I, since the beginning I have been the most intimate with the void and I am familiar with it's temperament. She saw my choice of Melaniphi as weakness, I needed to counter that perception quickly before she got any ideas. I don't intend to keep her on a leash very long. She revels in pain and misery and longs for domination over others. There is a place for that. Her shortsightedness meant that this order stagnated. She will soon learn that by deferring to my authority in some matters she gains so much more in others." Eleanor paused looking off down the hall.

"...though I have one question. If the last dread weaver had control over the void like I do, how did she manage to kill them?" Eleanor asked.

“While she was a dread weaver she was also void forger at her time of....death..” Elise said. The last word carried a bitter tone to it. “One of my greatest mistakes..and the mistake that tore me from my position as Head dread weaver.” Elise said grimly.

“Void forger is chosen from one party or the other in a set rotation by our master. It keeps power balanced between the two sects, and at different times it’s proven beneficial to the order. Dreadweavers in time of conflict. Priestesses time of need. The last void forger was a dreadweaver and I have no doubt had you not shown promise so early you would have been a priestess. That’s why he sent you to Luna and didn’t keep me with you. Luckily we found Syn..A finer head dreadweaver I can’t imagine..” She said finally.

A longing in her voice...

“But to answer your question..She struck while she was injured and weak. She used those loyal to her to draw me away..Took my form..slipped past the guards..” Elise had tears starting to brim in her eyes once more. Her pain and inner self being laid bare.

“She died screaming that I betrayed her. I was banished..The bodyguard. The trusted right hand forcing the void forger to eat her own heart...among...Other things..That was when I ran with my bandit gang..Got all these tattoos..after some time Maywynns ruse was revealed by Luna and she banished Maywynn to a prison of her own making for a set time that the order high council determined in private. I was welcomed back into the order...but my reputation was shatter in a way no time or proven innocence could repair..”

She wipes her mouth and eyes as she seemed to pause for a moment with a look of realization at how open she was being.

Like an open book being slammed shut she turned away. The usual Elise took her place. One that didn’t reflect her age and pain in her eyes. “But you didn’t want to hear all that..I’m not as direct as Luna..get to tangled in me own yarns..apologies mistress..Shall we be off or do you wish to savor your meal longer?” Elise asked respectfully as she saw Eleanor finish her food.

“The pit is not a place one enjoys going to.....not even me..” She said her tone fraught with disgust.

“Many dreadweavers have upset great leaders in exchange for one with more prowess with little regard for aged wisdom....It’s an evil place..but one that has produced many great warriors and kept our ranks cleansed of cowardice.” She admitted as she waited for Eleanor to rise and follow her. Taking a side door soon they were descending many steps down. After a short time they came to a cavernous expanse. They walked out onto a balcony that extended above the pit offering a perfect vantage point.

Inside was well lit with torches and revealed a ten foot deep pit. Encircled in walls of iron spiked fencing and encircled with a moat of wicked spikes. Skulls and further remains of warriors past littered it. One in the center lay dressed in a deep black and while ancient still look slightly newer that the others. It’s crushed skull laying separate from the rest of the body. “Those killed in the pit remain. No matter their status..” Elise said with another slight tone of disgust as Maywynn appeared. “Here we have our six candidates!” Maywynn said with obvious enjoyment as she revealed 6 girls of various ages.

Two looked identical.

Another was a tall blonde. Slightly older than the twins who looked about 16 to 18 this woman was clearly in her early twenties. She glanced about with a glare that said her time here had been quite unkind.

A dark elf with a messy mop of raven hair was looking at the group at large with one wide, fearful eye peaking from her mane, a taller darker skinned woman was clearly the oldest looking to be in her late thirties, another elf of the not dark variety looked dead to the world. Her beauty marred with the obvious signs of abuse.

Though she looked almost regal with a youthful figure and silver mane of hair her eyes told the tail of a cold blooded killer.

She bore the mark of a sweet tempered person poisoned by the treachery of others.

“Single combat! To submission. I will oversee the fight on the ground to handle any “problem cases.” and The Void forger shall decide whether execution or mercy is to be handed down. If you kill before instructed....” Her mouth opened wider than is should have. A slimy black tongue the size of a snake Slithered over two rows of razor sharp teeth. “I shall devour you slowly. Bit. By bit.” She said before her mouth snapped shut and a normal if not creepy little girl stood before them once more.

“After such a contest the next dreadweavers shall be decided. The void forger shall decide the fighting pairs. That is all” Maywynn said with a flourish.

Tip toeing around the fighters as they were bound and examining them like cuts of meat or pieces of candy. A smile of pure spine chilling join on her face as her black eyes gave out nothing but cold hatred.

• Yay
When Maywynn was finished speaking Eleanor jumped down into the pit letting the void carry her to a secure landing. She was still getting used to this new form of controlling the void. She had become good at calling forth the void from the book at her side. Now that the void had shifted to her hands and skin she had to think more clearly of her intention before acting.

Eleanor walked past each of the girls who were chain up around the edge of the pit, looking them in the eyes and evaluating them. While Maywynn observed the girls with a malice and a hunger, Eleanor looked on impassively, only her eyes betraying the deep seated calculations that went through her thoughts at that time.

In the eyes of the twins, though they shared a face and the same red hair, she saw two different temperaments. She had sensed this in their auras. One looked away from her gaze as she passed, while the other glared and lurched at her a fire in her eyes.

The tall blond woman held a guarded mistrust and suspicion in her eyes.

The dark elf looked on in terror afraid to even take her eyes off of Eleanor and Maywynn, her gaze switching between the two, unsure who to devote her full attention.

The older woman looked back at Eleanor with a strange calm and serenity, seemingly out of place in a woman who was about to be forced to fight, very likely, to the death. Eleanor's brow furrowed for a second before her composure returned to her.

The last woman's eyes were cold and dead. Eleanor knew that this woman would kill without a second thought.

Eleanor wandered to the center of the floor pondering her options, after a moment she pointed at the twin with fire in her eyes, "the first match will be between her," She then pointed at the blond woman "And her."

Eleanor then jumped and the void carried her back up to the balcony.

---

The redhead glanced at her sister as she was unchained. The twins looked the same in almost every way except for the scar that marred fighters lower lip. the sister, still chained, looked back at her, eyes wide with concern.

The taller blond rolled her shoulders and walked into the center of the floor. The blond was the tallest of all of them, with an athletic build. She looked like she could probably break the redhead's arm if she really had a mind to.

The redhead gritted her teeth, and clenched her fists, bouncing on her heals.

"Begin!" the woman they called Void Forger cried out from the balcony above.

The redhead rushed at the blond. The blond braced her back foot and sent the red head reeling with a right hook to the jaw.

The red head staggered a hand on her cheek as she glared at the blond who put her fits up in a defensive stance. She rushed her again dodging the first punch but taking the second one. She staggered again her nose bleeding.

"I don't like beating up a kid," The blond said "Just give them a good show before letting me win and i'll go easy on you, and the'll probably call mercy."

The redhead wiped blood from her nose with the back of her hand and glanced back at her sister who stared back at her with wide eyed concern. She looked back at the blond "I can't do that," She spat, before coming in close again. Though this time she held her arms up blocking the blonds blows before ducking under her guard and grappling her leg. With a shift of her weight she pulled the blonds leg out from under her and threw her to the ground.

The blond gasped as the wind was knocked out of her. She locked her legs around the redhead and tried to roll over as the redhead started to wail on her.

Finally getting on top the blond got her in a head lock. The redhead kicked as she desperately tried to get free.

"Last chance kid," The blond hissed in her ear "agree to let me win and i'll give you the chance to give them a bit of a show before taking you out."

"I don't need your help," The redhead hissed. There was a flash of light and a searing hot pain on the blonds arm as the redhead's palms ignited. While nearby the remaining cloths of one of the skeletons smoldered and turned to ash.

The blond cried out letting go and the redhead got the blonds arm in a lock getting on top again and forcing her arm into a painful position as she got her legs locked around the blond's neck as she continued to apply pressure.

A few moments later and the blond desperately tried to tap out signaling her defeat. The redhead did not let go but lessened her hold so it was no longer choking her opponent, as she looked expectantly at Maywynn to see weather this was considered a win.

Elise watched the fight with disgust plain in her features however she sidelined her personal opinion of the pit to speak to her mistress.

“Pyros...both of them...” Elise commented kneeling at Eleanor’s right side. “Their entire family has history with it. Out of all the prisoners here they were the riskiest to take. I cautioned Maywynn but their power was too much for her to resist. A flaw. But as there have been little to no consequences to it I concede her risk may have paid off.”

There was a note of hatred in her tone as she used it but given her weakness and general dislike of fire it seemed she her hatred was more of the fire than the ones that controlled it. “The blonde was a ranger. Caught her in the caves. Not much of a story. Common rank, trained fighter pretty...blasé..” She said before continuing.

“However, no one has ever come as close to escaping her cell as that one. She’s smart as a whip. Cunning too and rather ruthless when you really see what she’s been able to do.” Elise paused as the fight concluded. The red head has won out in the end. Forcing the blonde to frantically tap out in what could turn to be a futile plea for mercy. Maywynn reformed India front of them. Her glee so barely contained as she almost seemed to want to eat the very essence of the pain and humiliation coming from the blonde girl.

“It is decided. Release her.” She commanded.

Once done the void formed around her and would pick up the blonde still panting on the ground by the back of her neck with a grip that made the girl cry out. Holding her up to Eleanor with the giddiness of a dog bringing back a dead animal to their master. “As she always will she will live or die at your word mistress.” She said as the blonde kicked her legs and kept thrashing in the grip of the void as she seemed to realize these may very well be her final moments.

“Do your worst you....You Creepy bitches the lot of you! If I had my sword I’d shove it right up your asses starting with this little-Ahhhhh!” The grip further tightned causing her scream of pain to turn to a helpless gurgle and her legs went limp. “Such insolence..” Maywynn commented like someone was drizzling chocolate syrup on her favorite dessert. She then looked to Eleanor.

“Your supposed to go down and examine them yourself.” Elise whispered.

“For what it’s worth I like them both.” Her playful tone bringing back the old Elise for a moment before this new more grim person pretending to be Elise returned in the flash of a moment. While the blonde hung in her grasp her eyes still glared hatred at those around her. Even the red head that bested her revived her own death glare.

The words of her teacher spoke to her soul.

“A wolf is much like a person. One alone can grow strong. But to harness that strength they must realize a pack will enhance it. In order for them to see this nature must often break them harshly.

A lone wolf will not lead a pack if it continues to do fine on its own. It is after this breaking that the wolf has the true decision to make. Survival with others or death.” Luna had said when asked why she didn’t move on after being sent to that cold cabin in a far away land.

This blonde was a lone wolf.

• Yay
Elenor watched the fight intently as Elise talked. The redhead seemed to be taking a beating, her tactics were reckless. Though the blond was not much better, she was more guarded but relied to much on her strength, and underestimated her opponent. Eleanor leaned in for a better look as the tables turned and the redhead got the blond in a headlock. The win was decided soon after that.

The redhead picked herself off the floor and the blond was grabed by Maywynn. At Elise instruction Eleanor nodded and then jumped down in to the pit.

The redhead stood bent over and panting as she held the back of her hand to her bloody nose.

Eleanor looked at Maywynn and with a wave of her hand to the ground to her right she spoke "Put her down there and hold her," she instructed.

The blond was set down and stood restrained by the void, still struggling.

Eleanor stood between the redhead and blond, drawing a dagger from her side she handed it to the redhead before slowly walking around to stand behind her.

The girl looked down at the dagger with uncertainty.

"Kill her," Eleanor said, with a certain cold finality that made even Elise shiver.

The blond was pushed forwards as she began to struggle in earnest a panic coming into her eyes.

The girl blinked shaking her head "No I-"

Eleanor placed a hand on her shoulder "Kill her or your sister will take her-"

Before Eleanor could even finish the redhead lurched forwards driving the dagger into the other woman's stomach.

"No! Yerin!" her sister shirked, to late.

Eleanor smiled, wide and unnerving. "Good," She crooned "That's better," she leaned in closer patting the girl on the shoulder.

Yerin spun around stepping back from Eleanor, hatred burning in her eyes, her nose wrinkled in a snarl as she pointed the dagger at Eleanor.

"Look here witch, I'll fight all of you if I have to." Yerin growled.

Eleanor's smiled didn't diminish. Instead she grabbed the dagger by the blade and stepped in close her face inches from the girls. "That can be arranged." She twisted the dagger out of her grip as the anger melted from the girls face, replaced by fear.

Eleanor stepped back, the void licking the blood from the blade before sheathing it. Her smile disappeared almost as quickly as it had come. "The next match will be between the victors sister and the dark elf," She said, the void caring her back up to the balcony.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Elise Darkwater
Elise began her sprint to her mistress when the dagger was involved but was quickly back to her post by her side as Eleanor returned.

“She may be trouble, but I see the same positives I think you do..by the way...I’m trying to sleep tonight..leave acting like that to Maywynn...That was scary..” She said after a moment as the dark elf was released along with the victors twin.

Both looked pale and wide eyed in wake of what they had just witnessed.

The possible fate of one or the other.

“So two bunnies. This will be fun...” Elise said only half paying attention. Her obvious disgust still prevalent in her tone.

Maywynn laughed as she tore into the corpse like a starving animal. Blood covered her mouth as she relished the flesh. She ate before she absorbed what was left into her body.

“Ahhh..” She said smacking her lips with a satisfied sigh. “Now...Begin!” She said as she watched the two girls unable to meet each others eyes.

“She may be trouble, but I see the same positives I think you do..by the way...I’m trying to sleep tonight..leave acting like that to Maywynn...That was scary..”

Eleanor glanced at Elise "To best serve our master I must be able to fill many rolls," Eleanor stated, sounding all the world like Luna.

“So two bunnies. This will be fun...” Elise said only half paying attention. Her obvious disgust still prevalent in her tone.

"Luana used to call me a bunny. They might surprise you."

------

The second twin was released and she watched as her sister was restrained again, presumably to make sure she did not interfere. "You got this Sarin" Yerin mouthed, but there was a desperation in her eyes. She had to win, because no other outcome was conceivable.

The dark elf was still staring wide eyed at where the blond's remains had been moments ago. Her eyes snapped up to lock on Sarin, wild and panicked.

Sarin took a step back but the elf was already running at her. Sarin was knocked over, dancing lights flashing across her vision as her head hit the stone. She brought up her arms as nails clawed at her face. She struggled trying to get the elf off her while protecting her face. She managed to grab the elf by the wrists for a split second and brought her head up in a headbutt to the elf's face.

The elf cried out her hands going to her face. Sarin bucked, throwing the elf off of her and rolling over to get away. Sarin felt a pain in her scalp as the elf grabbed her by the hair. And she fell back to the ground. She kicked the elf in the stomach as the elf tried to get on top of her again. the elf doubled over and Sarin pinned the elfs hair to the ground with her knee pushing her face into the ground and climbing on top of her. She smashed her face into the ground again this time with more force, blood smearing on the stone.

The elf then bit Sarin's arm and would not let go. Tears welled up in her eyes. She punched at the elf and applied pressure to the elf's neck till she let go.

Sarin didn't let up, continuing to choke out the elf till the elf passed out or she was stopped by Maywynn.

“Enough....” Maywynn said after watching the thrashing body of the dark elf finally go still with a gurgle. The elf squeaked shaking with fear. Drawing her legs into her body Maywynn picked up the balled up girl by her neck.

“Childish and scared...The fear coming off of you is intoxicating...I hope she kills you...” Maywynn whispered. Elise looked at Eleanor. Almost ready to protest but shut her mouth. It was not her place to speak.

“Void forger hand down your sentence!” Maywynn said like her joy at the death and misery was uncontainable. “Please no..Please no..lem ka nema lek meh la chek mi.” She began to whisper to herself over and over.

• Yay
Eleanor again jumped down from the balcony into the ring. Both of the girls were bloodied, this fight had been more brutal than the previous one. Sarin stood trembling and breathing heavily, bloody scratches across her face. While tears streamed down the elf's bloodied face.

Eleanor waved for Maywynn to put the elf down. The elf collapsed to her knees. Eleanor gently lifted the elf's chin to look her in the face. The elf winced and did not meet Eleanor's gaze. Eleanor drew her dagger and held it up in front of the elf's gaze forcing her to look at it.

"You have no control, you are nothing and you will die as nothing. I will give you a choice." Eleanor let go of the elf's chin and held out the dagger. "Take this, you can either use it to end yourself or you can chose to live and swear your life to a purpose greater than yourself.

The elf knelt holding the dagger and trembling, eyes locked on the blade and the terrible choice.

Eleanor squatted down to be on a level with the elf "The choice is yours, but with us, your life won't be yours, but you will gain a power far greater than that of any mortal," She spoke softly. Leaning in she whispered "We can teach you the power to destroy fear itself."

The dark elf's trembling stilled, looking up at Eleanor she pressed the pommel of the dagger to her heart in a salute. "My life is yours."

Eleanor smiled then helped the elf stand. "Good, what is your name?"

"Dourga," the elf muttered glancing away gain.

"Then Welcome Dourga," Eleanor said taking the dagger and returning it to her belt.

Turning away she spoke to the the group, "They both pass." She announced.

• Yay
Reactions: Melaniphi Syllis
“What do you mean they both pass?” Maywynn said her jaw actually dropping as she glanced between the two seemingly useless candidates by her standards and yet was being denied a savory bit of fun...

Elise smirked from her balcony perch as she saw the exchange.

The perk of Eleanor being so new was she had no clue how things were normally done. “Mercy.” Was always a choice but in her entire time with the cult Elise had only ever seen it used once.

It had been quite the slap to Maywynn back then and it seemed she still considered it as such. Maywynn actually teleported in front of Eleanor puffing her self up to her full height. It was a comical display but the tension of the room seemed to crank up disproportionate to the scene being portrayed.

However Maywynn quickly backed down as she paled and clutched at her chest for a moment before disappearing in her usual swarm.

Reappearing to release the final two prisoners cold eyes and older warrior. Elise would be sitting next to the throne as she usually did and would remain silent for a moment allowing the fighters to square up before speaking.

“She won’t forget these proddings....But all the same you seem to be making strides in the right direction...Not that my word matters in such things..” Elise said with a bored shrug.

“Besides don’t spare too many. it’s myself and Syn that are going to have to train these kids. And they all look like headcases the lot of em so the less the better. I know given the times we work with what we have, but what I wouldn’t give for a regiment of the old guard. Already indoctrinated and raised in the cult. So they act more like soldiers and less like desperate psychopaths...But I’m not one to complain. Beggars and choosing and whatever that saying is..” She said dryly eyeing up her newly chosen prospects.

Eleanor had a feeling that Mercy was not usualy practice. She had not been chosen as the void forger to stick with a tradition that had driven them to the brink of extinction. she had been chosen because she was willing to brake the rules and reforge the order to be stronger than it ever was before. For those who had lived with the old ways of doing things for so long it might be jarring, or come across as naivety on her part but she hoped that they would see the wisdom of her choices with time.

Maywynn challenged her choice, blocking her way and puffing herself up. Eleanor looked down at her, her face impassive, "Don't worry, you will still get your fun. I have a feeling that you will enjoy what I have in mind more than simply watching those two kill each other."

Eleanor returned to the balcony. After a moment Elise spoke. "Please speak your mind. I value your counsel. You need not fear to speak your mind even if it is in contrary to my ruling. You have the orders best interest in mind, I would never punish you for that. I might be harsh with Maywynn but she requires a special touch."

Eleanor watched the fight down below as she continued to speak with Elise, "And I wouldn't worry to much about to many more new trainees. I personally have taken an interest in the twins and will be involved in training them. But you are right, we don't have enough people to train an army, nor do we have enough artifacts for all of them... we have two vacant books, the sword of Bastellen which I restored, and the grieves of Bastellen which you retrieved. One of the books is going to the new high priestess, each of the twins can get one of the grieves. That leaves us with the sword and a book. The book really should go to a priestess eventually, but-." Eleanor stopped, the fight below was already over.

------

The older human and the second elf were released. They both walked into the center of the the ring and when start was called, they both took a moment to size each other up, slowly circling.

The Elf moved first, kicking at the older woman's solar plexus. The older woman jumped back bringing up her arms to deflect the series of kicks that followed. The older woman final got a hold of the elf's leg throwing her to the ground and getting on top of her.

The elf kneed the older woman in the stomach repeatedly as the older woman rained down punches. The elf managed to grab the older woman by the arm and get her free hand under the older woman's chin pushing her face away.

There was a quick struggle before the older woman managed to gain control of the lock and flipped the elf onto her stomach. There was a pop and a scream as the elfs arm was dislocated.

The older woman got up and looked Maywynn dead in the eyes as she placed a foot on the back of the elf's neck.

------

Eleanor raised a brow at the outcome. She came down from the balcony and stood before the victorious woman. She glanced down at the elf on the ground, She was still breathing but she was still, her gaze dead as she accepted her fate.

The older woman looked down at Eleanor the same proud challenge in her gaze that she had given to Maywynn.

Eleanor drew her dagger and handed it to the woman. "Kill her," She said, meeting her proud gaze with one of her own.

With out even looking at it the woman took the dagger she removed her foot from the elf's neck and took a step back. Then without breaking eye contact she drooped the dagger on the ground beside her.

Eleanor's gaze darkened. "You have one more chance kill her or take her place."

The older woman did not move, her expression unchanging.

Eleanor stepped over the elf on the ground. The symbol on her palm turning black the void formed a blade about her hand and up her arm taring her sleeve up to the elbow.

With one clean movement Eleanor stabbed her through the stomach. The woman looked her in the eyes and laughed blood coming into her mouth. Eleanor felt a sudden rush as the warm blood ran down her arm turning black and being absorbed into her body, becoming one with the void. Her pupils dilated and her breath caught as a euphoria filled her.

Eleanor quickly withdrew her arm and the woman collapsed to her knees. Eleanor was shaking slightly as the void retreated, leaving her bear arm exposed. "F-finish her off," Eleanor muttered with a distracted wave to Maywynn as she stepped back.

It had never felt like that before. Was this how Maywynn felt? And the hunger... she hadn't noticed it before but now that it had been satisfied.

Eleanor blinked, quickly pulling herself together. She returned to the balcony and sat down. She leaned towards Elise "What do you think about the elf? She has a natural killing instinct and reacts well to pain. In your opinion is she worth training?" She asked.

• Yay
Reactions: Maywynn Wrath
“I think so. A shame the other wouldn’t submit. She would have been a good figure for the young ones. I’m not quite as suitable..It...It was generally Luna that handled the young ones in general both dreadweaver and priestess..

I handled their training and she handled their..” Elise screwed up her face pausing and searching for the words. “Kid stuff? The comforting, the nose wiping, the shoulder for the tears...Stuff I’m no good at...With this bunch I’m more worried about Melani than I am these kids..”

she said matter of factly as Maywynn “cleaned up.” The older woman’s corpse. The dead eyes elf simply got back up cradling her injured arm after a quick rub of her sore neck. She went and stood by the dark haired dark elf who seemed to shrink back behind her.

She gave her a dead eyed once over but they seemed to know each other as the dark elf slowly and gently gripped dead eyes shoulder before popping it back into place firmly. Dead eyes let out a small squeak but a ghostly smirk wafted across her features for a few moments as the pain fired off sparks of pleasure in her brain.

• Yay
"I can deal with some of the... kids stuff, as you put it. At least till Melaniphi is ready," Eleanor said. She looked down at the surviving four candidates. She needed to turn them into loyal weapons. The bond that the twins shared made them a particularly interesting case. If pushed they would do anything for each other and Eleanor knew she could use that. The two elves were so damaged, you could see it in their eyes. The order could offer them stability, and the opportunity to put some of those broken pieces back together. Then there was Melaniphi, she was so fragile, yet so compassionate. It would be difficult to convince her that a form of healing that causes harm to another in order to heal is the right thing to do.

Eleanor watched the twins, Yerin was looking over Sarin's bleeding arm and face, despite being covered in blood of her own. Sarin whimpered and hugged her arm to her chest.

"You may take the two elves to get cleaned up, provide them with appropriate accommodations as per your discretion. But leave the twin's, I have something else in mind for them." She dismissed Elise. Elise probably would have preferred to not be around to watch this anyway.

Eleanor called Maywynn over to her. "Ready for that fun I promised you?" Elanor smirked.

Elise’s expression hardened but she nodded obediently. She would make her opposition to this move known later no doubt. She understood what was happening and would very much not like to see it.

But while she would no doubt make her opinion known Elise was also loyal. Meaning in the end it was always Eleanor’s will be done.

That was what made her such great council. “Common you lot..Let’s...get you out of these rags...and cleaned up...and..um..” Elise stuttered was the dark elf latched to her right arm. Her eyes never leaving Maywynn and Eleanor. Fear clear in her eyes.

“Um..” Elise tried to shake her free for a moment before giving up with a sigh. The dead eyed elf seemed to accept the dark elf a judgement. Giving Elise a once over before falling in step behind her as the dark elf seemed to refuse to take her eyes off of the twins and the others and would not loosen her grip on Elise’s arm until they had left the room.

“You can let go now. I wouldn’t have protected you if she had wanted you to hang back you know so I don’t know why your squeezing my arm so hard.” Elise said as the door shut behind them leaving the twins, Maywynn and Eleanor.

Maywynn had been sulking in a corner pouting about this sudden double mercy. However at her mistresses words she perked up instantly.

“I am to be fed and offered entertainment? This evening is truly blessed.” She said as she appeared kneeling before Eleanor as she was summoned. A grin of barely contained glee bursting from her child like features. This only seemed to enhance her more ghastly features however and seemed to pull back the thin veil of her humanity. She waited to be given permission to rise before turning to face the twins.

“Heheheheheheh.” She let out a bone chilling giggle that seemed to sink unto your chest and scoop out your courage. It was something that shouldn’t come out of a thing so small. She wiped some drool from her mouth as she glanced at Eleanor.

“Now please dear void forger tell me your will.” She said holding her breath as she waited for her will.

• Yay
"I have a bit of a game in mind," Eleanor spoke, her voice low enough that the twins in the ring below could not over hear when was said. "If you remember, the one called Yerin challenged us saying she would fight all of us. I think it would be a shame to let her challenge go unanswered. Let her see just what she has gotten herself into." Eleanor sat down on her throne as she continued "I want you to play with them, draw it out so that their complete helplessness and despair dawns on them with a delicious sickening certainty after the illusion of control has been completely drained away." Eleanor licked her lips and leaned forwards a slight smile crossing her features.

"Let them try to fight back only to be met with failure and more pain. And the icing on the cake, leave the frightened one, Sarin, untouched, as she tries to protect her sister and fails, while she herself is ignored, not even worth your time. You see, she would rather go through unimaginable pain, than be forced to watch her sister in agony." Eleanor sat back in her chair then added as an afterthought. "Just remember, they don't have the gifts of the void yet, she won't be able to heal once you brake them and I need to be able to put her back together again when your done."

"Oh, and give her this," Eleanor said handing her dagger to Maywynn.

Eleanor watched as the voidgirl returned to the ring. A small part of her was unsure if she was even really ready to see what was about to happen.

“With pleasure mistress..” Maywynn said disappearing in her usual swarm before reforming in front of Yerin. “So..You wished to take this mercy we’ve shown you and throw it back in our faces eh? You wish to fight us?” She said with a giggle as she shoved the dagger into the girls hand.

“Then fight me.” She whispered in the girls ear. “Yerin!” Sarin squeaked forgetting her injured arm for a moment as a black butterfly landed on her nose. She froze as she suddenly found her ability to move taken from her. She sank to her knees and yet remained upright. Allowed to see everything taking place.

Maywynn never even turned in her direction. Her foucus completely on Yerin. “Well? Your move child? Or do you wish for me to start with your siste-“ The dagger plunged into her stomach. A look of genuine shock crossed her features. “See you at hades gates you demon child.” Yerin said clearly just as shocked it had worked as well. “I just can’t believe you did that..” Maywynn said as Yerin seemed to notice the lack of blood running over hand. The liquid was black and colder than ice. That was when she tried to pull the dagger out. Her hand wouldn’t move. Her arm wouldn’t move.

“We...are going to have..So. Much. Fun.” She giggled. She grabbed Yerin by the throat. He held her close for a moment. Like she wanted to breath in the hatred and fears very essence. She even smelled her hair. “Don’t be scared child..” Maywynn said as she slammed the girl to the ground by her throat before mounting her. “I’m not going to kill you...” Maywynn giggled once more. “I’m just going to hurt you...really...really...bad..” And with that the girls screams rent the air.

The games Maywynn played had left nothing to be desired. Eleanor’s stomach would have turned at more than a couple, but after two hours she still seemed she could keep goin another four. Yerin was kept in a constant state of pain that Maywynn would slowly crank up by the minute. Bruised arm, bruised leg, small cut, fractured arm, fractured leg, large cut. Etc. Yerin finally hit her knees. She was covered in blood.

Her arms were in differing states of brokenness along with each joint in her right hand. Maywynn has broken each one separately. So thourghly beaten was the girl it appeared to hurt to even breath.
“P..please..no more..” Sarin yelled but went ignored. “Yerin! Yield! Surrender! Just stop this!” She yelled but Maywynns eyes never left her target. They were right where Eleanor wanted them. The helplessness..

Maywynn had done well. But she wasn’t stopping. Like a storm unleashed she seemed to have a hard time holding back...If Eleanor didn’t step in she would kill Yerin.

There was no doubt.

Eleanor watched everything. She heard the screams, and a younger version of herself would have been horrified at the agony and cruelty being inflicted. But now, she was just numb to it. The screams barely registered, blood was inconsequential, broken bones uninteresting.

Eleanor finally came down from the balcony. "That's enough," Eleanor said her voice calm and level. She knelt down next to the Broken Yerin. Tears traced routs through the blood and dirt on Yerins face.

"Do you still want to fight us?" Eleanor asked softly.

"-no..." Yerin whispered between pained shallow breaths.

"That's good to hear," Eleanor sighed placing her hands on Yerin. Void flowed from her palms washing over the girl. Yerin screamed as bones were slowly snapped back into place and cut's were heeled.

"What are your doing please stop!" Sarin sobbed.

When she was finished Eleanor stood and watched them.

Yerin sat up slowly, trembling. She cradled her hand, which moments ago had been broken beyond repair, the echoes of the pain still lingering under the skin. Sarin rushed to her finally able to move again and threw her arms around her but Yerin flinched away at the touch. Sarin rose and stood putting herself between Eleanor and her sister her own eyes glistening with tears "Why are you doing this?" She begged.

"I'm sorry, but that was necessary to show you just how out matched you are." Eleanor said folding her hands behind her back. "You want to be able to protect each other but you are not strong enough." Eleanor turned and looked off at the spiked walls of the pit contemplatively as she continued "I want to help you, the void grant's it's servants great power. I could teach you this power... You never have to be helpless again." Eleanor let this statement hang in the air.

"Teach me." Sarin demanded braking the silence.

Yerin rose feebly, her knees still feeling weak, and placed a hand on her sisters shoulder to steady herself. The former fire in her eyes replaced with a wavering vacancy, a cautious fear. "Please," she whispered.

Eleanor turned to look at Yerin, she looked away. "You want to protect your sister, but you can't even protect yourself."

"Teach me too," She said, still looking at the floor as she held onto Sarin's arm as if she never wanted to let go.

Eleanor nodded "Good."

Elise returned to her duties long enough to see Maywynn as she took her leave. “Snake..” She said with a cheerful nod of acknowledgement though as usual under her cheery demeanor one could feel the venom in her words. “Creep.” Elise hissed. As they passed Maywynn bumped her with her shoulder roughly. “Just because that silly old wolfs in the ground don’t think my thirst for revenge is sated.

“I remember your own role in my...banishment..”

“And I remember your role in mine...Watch your back.” Elise said with old certainty of a promise.

“Oh good. You said it. Saves me the trouble..” Maywynn retorted cooly.

Elise let her take her leave before reentering the arena and landing by her mistress side silently.

“These two ready yet..I’m not in the mood for dealing with problems. I’m tired.” Elise said matter of factly.

• Yay
Eleanor nodded. She was tired as well and was ready to be done with this day. So much had happened it didn't feel possible that it had only been a day.

"Yes, take them to get fed and cleaned up, and show them to their room. Then meet me in the throne room," Eleanor ordered.

Sarin took Yerin by the arm and the two of them followed Elise out, Sarin looking back at Eleanor as they left.

Eleanor stood in the empty room, alone. She looked around at the blood stained ground, the gruesome spikes and bones that lingered in the pit. She looked at her hands, the brands of a priestess on the back of her hands, Life and death, and the symbols of the void forger on her palms in white. Her eyes followed the ruins up her bear arm showing through her torn sleeve.

She sighed before dragging her eyes away from the marks and walking out of the room. She passed through dimly lit halls. It must have been passed midnight.

She halted, catching her reflection in a mirror that stood in a small alcove. There was a table with a vase of dead flowers beneath the mirror. Dust coated the ornate wood.

She walked slowly up to the reflection, unable to look away. Her eyes were white. She leaned in close to the mirror her fingers touching her cheek, tracing beneath her tired eyes. She reached up and pulled the cord out of her ponytail, her white hair falling about her shoulders and face.

She stared at herself a moment longer before pulling away. She let out a deep sigh and turned away continuing down the hall.

She returned to the throne room but instead of sitting in the large ornate throne she sat down on the steps leading up the the dais. She loosened her collar removing her cravat and rolled her sleeves up to the elbows to hide the tare.

Now that she was alone it felt strange. The whispers were ever-present but at this point they felt more like white noise than a presence, she was so used to them. She sighed and closed her eyes taking a deep breath. Bastellen had been quiet all day.

She focused her mind. It was dark but there was a presence. She called out to it "Bastellen."

“It seems your keeping up your end of the bargain so far..” A voice would greet her ears. “I’m quite pleased with how things have turned out..”

When she opened her eyes she would still be in the throne room but she would be sitting on Maywynns side on a throne of her usual skulls and finery. However the figure she knew to be her deity sat where her throne was.

The place was a mirror of the throne room she had just left and yet it sat clothed in the decadence of a different time. Tapestry’s hung from the normally bare walls. Torches were lit and a light but if music flittered in from somewhere not far away.

On his other side sat another figure clothed in the white of a high priestess. Groups filtered through seeming to not notice the three of them. Young ones chased each other and played while a teenaged priestess was chasing after them wailing for them to “comeback” and to “please stop for the sake of the void you unsleeping demons!”

Groups of dreadweavers moved about looking around darkly or loudly boasting about some meaningless kill or exploit. Others walked in pairs with various priestesses always scanning the room and hover over them protectively.

“This was how things once were here.” He said slowly.

“A time when pain was abundant, and yet the will to endure for the good of our order. The good of one another...Was never higher either.” He paused. This conversation seemed different from the others.

Maybe after her promise...and then the backing up of said promise by showing how capable she was...

This new tone lacked trickery, or dramatic statements to terrify her. He was being straight with her it seemed..Maybe even a slight respect for her..

“This is how I wish them to be again. I care not for the happiness of my followers. Often victims of greed, pride and anger I simply give them an avenue for their toxicity to flow..But..Happy followers...Coneccted followers. They will endure for each other more readily and willingly than they would for fear of my wrath. Wrath does have its place...” He chuckled.

It was unpleasant.

“But that place is not within maintaining morale..”

“We will all talk further soon. A council shall be held and plans made. Our head dreadweaver is still being molded by me. So the time to prepare is now so we can be ready to act when she returns.“ He stopped speaking as if the conversation was over.

“Well?” He glanced at the robed figure. It’s face shrouded by the shadow of its hood. It simply shook its head slowly. “Fine..have it your way then..” He said with a snort of disapproval.

“Your thoughts child? He asked her. “Surely you have things to say....Speak.” He said with a slight sigh.

• Yay
Eleanor looked at the vision. These people, they shared such a bond. She felt a pang in her chest, a yearning for that kind of connection. She had only ever felt connected like that with Luna, not even her own family or Valkery had ever been so close.

She had made the promise to return the order to its former glory in order to protect her family and the people she cared about, but now she felt that she wanted this for herself too.

Bastellen prompted her to speak. She stood, continuing to watch the vision, The wavering images of the children and adults alike. "You were very quiet today... I suppose it was to test my resolve. I don't blame you. But you need not worry, I keep my promises." She let her words hang in the air for a moment before continuing, "Though I would like to ask you about Maywynn. She is full of anger and resentment. She caries an insatiable hunger for pain and blood. I fear that her need for immediate reward blinds her to the long term benefits of my leadership. I am rebuilding this order from scratch, I cannot afford to do things the old way, will she be able to adapt to delayed reward, or will she destroy everything I work towards?"

“Maywynn..” Bastellen said those words with a strange tone.. Something that refused to be identified and while not a negative tone it certainly wasn’t a positive one either. “She is more void than human now...Her brain doesn’t handle that ratio very well. You humans are so fragile...” He chuckled.

“And yet so powerful and useful...Truly a strange thing..” He pondered for a moment seemingly lost in his tangent before coming back to the task at hand. “At any rate Maywynn enjoys a strong hand and a tight leash though she may test the strength of both hand and leash. She will never allow her self to be controlled but when she truly is..in her heart she enjoys it.

While it seems counter productive harshness with small amounts of care and affection will win her to you. The harshness will maintain her respect and the affection will maintain her loyalty. She was once a young girl if that helps you being kind to...my bridge...I know she’s...unpleasant. But most dogs trained for war were not bred to be kind and friendly.” He finished finally.

It was not an answer so to speak so much as instructional. It was up to Eleanor to use the knowledge to try and keep Maywynn from destroying what she built and of used effectively could even win her to her side. But that was up to her. Both loyalty and destruction hung by Eleanor’s decisions.

“Luna!” A voice cut over the low hum of chatter. A small girl in priestess white cam sprinting into the throne room as Luna entered through the front entrance. Elise was walking with a limp behind her. She was slightly older than she had been in the tapestry buther emotions were still there. She was grinning. Her priestess robes covered in blood, looking slightly worse forwear and Elise looking even worse.

“Luna Luna!” The girl dove into Luna’s stomach bringing her to the ground with a pained groan and a sigh. Elise steppes back and leaned up against a wall. Acting like this was very much beneath her, but when no one was looking a smile passed through her features as well.

“What what what child! What is the meaning of such an ambush Lilian?” She said hugging the girl close before allowing her to pull away. “Tyra said you went to kill witches in the tundra with the bestest meanest dreadweaver ever!”She said clearly awed by what she had heard of their quest already. Elise got a suddenly very smug look on her face.

“Oh is that what you heard? Well actually they sent me with the grumpiest dreadweaver and all she did was complain about doing her job. So I did it for her.” Luna said with a knowing glance at Elise.

The child followed Luna’s eyes to Elise’s expression and paled at what had taken the place of her smug expression. “But I’m guessing your just wondering if I got you one.” Luna said with a wink. The girl nodded somewhat guiltily. “B-but I still wanted to be the first to see you anyway even if you didn’t get..”

“A tundra snow rose for your garden?” Luna said producing a small tin with holes in the lid. “LUNA!” She squealed seizing the tin and giving Luna such a massive hug she actually began tapping out on the girls back as her expression went from pleasant to in pain. The crinkle of bandages under her clothes revealed that even so young in life she often endured for the sake of the order. From how she was moving and by the sound of how many bandages she was currently wearing...For her to still be in high spirits giving hugs to children seemed like a rather large feat.

“I miss her already...” Bastellen said softly. Luna looked up in the vision to what was sure to be an empty throne in her eyes.

They met Eleanor’s for a moment but in a way someone looks at a ghost. Meeting by pure coincidence rather than knowledge of her position or presence and it passed over her quickly as it foucused back in on the middle throne. She bowed before it.

“Thank you for aiding us in safe passage master..” She whispered before she stood once more.

“Common wolf. Let’s go eat I’m fucking starving and I need a good smoke. Ever since Bailey stole my pipe I haven’t been able to have a nice long toke. So I recently stole it back. Soooo..” She said playfully.

The malice and pain absent from her tone made it almost pleasant. Her demeanor still protective even if outwardly she was “annoyed.”

“Fine fine Mrs “mean, cool” dreadweaver. Please don’t strike me down!” Luna said just as playfully standing up and allowing Elise to help her stand fully.

And they left.

Their voices growing distant until the door shut and the room faded back to black. She simply hovered in darkness along with her master.

“We will speak again soon. He said as suddenly the room returned and Eleanor was once again alone. When she came too Elise would be carrying her down a hallway. She held her close and gently. In an almost affectionate way, but something she would deffenetly not be doing if she thought Eleanor was conscious.

They then entered a massive room.

A large bathroom and walk in closet were attached as well as an alter, a large study desk, and three massive bookshelves, along with a leather couch and two large comfy chairs by a fireplace. A four poster bed was the main piece.

A king sized bed with soft silk sheet and pillows that cradled your head like a cloud. She would lay Eleanor on the bed and get to work getting out her traditional void forget clothes from her closet. She would return and lay it out neatly for her before finally sitting in one of the arm chairs with a groan.

It was often traditional that the dreadweaver sleep next to her protected charge. While for a very practical reason of always being at hand no matter what it also helped bond protector to protected, less like to women trying to snuggle and...other things..but more like a mother or older sister sleeping with a younger sibling.

However, because of their history Elise felt like the last person Eleanor would want to wake up to was her next to her. So she manned her post on the couch until morning.

• Yay
Eleanor listened to Bastellen's instructions. He seemed to imply they her own feelings towards Maywynn might get in the way of her ability to handle her properly. A small scowl crossed Eleanor face, her feelings were irreverent, she would do what she needed to do.

"Luna." The phantom of Luna's memory passed through the vision. Eleanor felt the pang in her chest grow to an ache almost unbearable. A longing to go to the vision, but she knew it was not real.

"I miss her already..." Bastellen spoke, though his tone was dispassionate.

A heat rose up in Eleanor, She clenched her teeth to keep from lashing out. How could he know? It was his rule that had driven Luan to a living ghost of her former self. His short sighted greed that had taken her far beyond her ability, yet she still refused rest.

Eleanor locked eyes with the phantom of Luna's past, fighting the tears that welled up in her eyes. She looked away and the vision soon passed.

When she came to her sense she was being laid down on a bed. She almost lashed out but stopped when she realized it was Elise. She sat up on the bed and looked around at the room... wait her face was wet. She wiped away the raiment's of a tear from her cheek before glancing at Elise who sat down in an armchair.

"Next time I would appreciate it if you waited for me to come out of my meditation," Eleanor said her expression dispassionate "I could have really hurt you if I hadn't realized it was you." There was a genuine concern for Elise's well being in her words but her tone did not betray it.

She continued to glance around the room, taking everything in.

It is late and you need rest, there is a lot of work to do in the morning. But you've worked hard today, you deserve to treat yourself. Eleanor was not sure if these were her own thoughts or the whispers. Regardless she knew she needed to take care of herself before she could do her job properly, and she was aloud to enjoy it. Tomorrow morning she was going to take a proper bath but for now she would have to settle for changing out of her torn and dusty travel cloths.

She kicked off her boots and let them fall to the floor. She then padded into the closet, running her fingers along the many garments, letting the whispers guide her till she found a black nightgown. She peeled off her old cloths and put on the nightgown, it was a simple wrap garment with a silk tie about the waist. She came out of the closet and entered the bathroom, a washbowl sat on a marble topped table standing below a gold framed mirror. Eleanor washed her hands and face before returning to the main room and practically falling into the bed. Darkness fell over the room as she used her aura to snuff out the black fire that burned in the sconces and the fireplace.

Despite her exhaustion it took her some time to actually fall asleep.

“Yes mistress. It will not happen again.” Elise said stiffly. “I underestimated your ability to recover. Forgive me for that as well.” She said with a small bow before standing from her arm chair and gathering the things Eleanor discarded and folded them to be washed. In her wardrobe she would notice mostly black and purple it appeared all but the high priestess had black in their color scheme but an additional color to distinguish them dreadweavers black and black or black and white if they were a body guard for a high ranking priestess.

Maywynn was black and blood red and it appeared Eleanor was black and purple. Soon only Elise was awake and she sighed kicking up her feet and lighting her pipe. Her facade of relaxation almost perfect but anyone who knew a fighter could see she was as loaded as a taunt bow string ready to fire.

in the morning she went and drew a bath for herself at dawn. Moving silently she would fill the master bath and take one very quickly Eleanor’sresting form never leaving her line of site. Even naked she remained armed and ready as she spared no time for pleasantries. Soon she was dressed once more armed and standing guard.

She handed off the laundry to the staff, and ensured breakfast was being prepared. She then returned to the bathroom and cleaned the tub with a silent swipe of void energy devouring every particle cleanly.

She would then fill the tub once more waiting for it to fill before leaving it running and opening the drain. This tub was fed by a hot spring not far from the mountain keep. It wasn’t running out of water anytime soon. After this she would simply wait for the heade void forger to rise taking a seat in her arm chair and silently standing vigil. It was handy to not NEED sleep so to speak

That night the dead eyed elf had woken when the twins had been brought to the barracks. It was by no means luxurious, but coming from a cold cell the place had a charm to it. There were only three sets of bunks.

All the others seemed to have been cleared away long ago into corners. It was dusty. Old goblets and plates sat untouched by time the food and drink long rotted to dust. Long tables sat abandoned their benches long empty.

This had been a very different place long ago..now it sat a rotting carcass of what it once was. She met eyes with the first twin. Yerin if she remembered right. They came in with the other woman. Elise she thought her name was.

Yikshi didn’t know..She paused when she saw that look. Their eyes met. She simply nodded. She knew that look. She yearned to ask what happened, and yet the idea of revealing her flaw..Her weakness..allowed her to chive the rising feeling down with cold apathy.

But her stare remained. A glimmer of her true feeling shining through slightly in her gaze. Adding a droplet of warm water to the cold pools of her eyes.

• Yay