Open Chronicles The Aspiring Apprentice

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Varys nodded to Urchin, seemingly satisfied at that answer. There was hope for the boy after all, his small size would probably make him quite naturally adept at remaining hidden from the eyes of his prey. It wasn't a stretch to imagine that he might make some decent coin out of the whole ordeal. He'd thank Varys and the armored man in the end.

Still, that was seemingly sorted out for now. Which meant that Varys could go back about his business with the young lady, Amelia. He returns his attention to her, and is about to speak further until the other man saw fit to inquire on the exact nature of his request. He'd thought nothing of it until Urchin doubled over in laughter, What was so funny? Certainly, he didn't think Varys was...

"Ah... yes, I assure you I'm not asking Miss Amelia for anything lecherous." He raises an eyebrow, shaking his head. "Honestly, get your heads out of the gutter. I'm not that desperate for a woman." Poor Amelia seemed none the wiser as to what the wisecrack had been about. How naive were these people?

"Miss Amelia, I am in need of a sword. Not just an ordinary blade, mind you, but one with salt fused into the material. I'm about to be fighting a particularly nasty type of creature, and salt is one of the few things that can stem its magical prowess."

He didn't want to go into detail, not in front of everybody. The exact specifics would be something to discuss later.

Amelia Rowe Urchin Tinus Damos

The boy responded with laughter and a snippy little comment. Seemed normal from him so far. The girl clearly had no idea what he was asking, thank her ancestors for that, and had mentioned she was a blacksmith apprentice. Good. A respectable way of life that was full of purpose and honest labor. Truly the difference between these two was night and day.

But Tinus didn't react to their comments. His focus was on the elf. What mattered here was what he had to say. And the answer given was acceptable. The comment following directed to the girl got his attention for several reasons and was the key one for why his answer was acceptable. He was looking for a custom made weapon.

But why ask an apprentice for that kind of job? It was like asking a smooth faced recruit to lead troops. Possible but likely to be so overwhelming it ended in disaster.

His hand went away from his hilt, but not the gripe on the boy's shoulder just yet. The boy had said something that needed to be responded to before this misunderstanding came up.

"No bows for you. Too expensive and long to learn. Can teach you some basic traps if you want, but I'm teaching you how to use a sling."

Tinus had turned his attention to the boy as he spoke. After he turned his attention back towards the girl.

"How much have you been taught? Might have work for you as well."

And now his attention to the elf.

"Salt corrodes most metals. That job might be too much for her right now. Better to help her get hired by someone who can make it for you if you want to help her out."

Urchin Amelia Rowe Varys San'Seya

• Cheer
Reactions: Urchin
Felix heard some people talking, and slid his shiny metalic sword out of it’s sheath, just in case. “Who’s there?” He asked, then saw them. He tried to remember if he recognized any of them, he didn’t.

He slowly put away his sword, the metal gleaming in the sun as it slid back into it’s black, expensive looking, leather sheath. “Sorry, I’m a bit on edge today. Do any of you happen to know how to get to the market?” He asked them.

OOC: sry, write’s block

• Nervous
Reactions: Urchin