Fable - Ask Terse Words

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
Eleanor shot Edric a look that held laughter in it. "She might if we explain our reasoning but I know she is going to hate it. Imagining her face gives me a small bit of satisfaction. I really do not like her at all."

The redhead closed the book and rubbed her forehead. They had the answer they had come to seek and now they needed to make a plan. "I suppose we should go talk to her as soon as possible. They could have already sent more of those things to attack her. We also need to get her moved before night completely falls over us."

With that, Ella stood up and headed out of the library. They had a Governor to relocate and hopefully keep safe.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Edric
"Right." He said quietly in agreement.

Edric rubbed at his face for a moment, staying seated at the Table as Eleanor pushed herself up and headed towards the door.

He had never thought that any of this would be so complicated. That they would get stuck in the middle of this mess. A part of him knew that he should have expected it, even known it would happen, but that odd anger and indignation still lingered.

The Proctors had said it would be different. That things would change. Yet here they were, still carrying a weight they weren't really ready for.

Edric scowled, pushing himself up from the table. His chair went flying to the ground with a clatter of wood. He didn't bother to pick it up, instead quickly following Eleanor out the door and through the winding halls back towards the Governors Office.

Eleanor heard the chair hit the ground and she spun to throw a worried look at Edric. They were both irritable and stressed out. She just usually held it in until she could break some things alone in her room or punch someone in the ring. She stayed silent though and continued walking. She certainly wasn't going to give Edric a hug and tell him everything would be okay.

The only noise was their boots against the floor as they walked. She was starting to get used to the eerily quiet castle. When they reached the Governors office, Eleanor glared at the Guard on duty and he quickly opened it for the Dreadlord Initiates.

"Governor, we need to talk about your safety and you are probably not going to like it." This was the first time Eleanor had spoken to the woman and before she could say anything with attitude back, Eleanor held up her hand.

"Those creatures are going to come back for you. They are hoping if they take out the leader then the army will fall." Army was such a loose term for what was here. Eleanor was already exhausted and they had only been here a day. She dreaded what was coming for them next.

• Sip
The Governor seemed to stare hard at Eleanor for a moment, pausing.

Edric steeled himself, prepared to fight back, to argue and back up Eleanor's point. Yet as the minutes passed the woman proved herself to not be a complete fool.

"I know."​

There wasn't any arguing the facts, and it seemed that the Governor knew that. Perhaps it was because of the state of her city, or perhaps it was because of Vel Anir's tendency to choose competency over nepotism. Edric didn't know the reason, but he was glad she didn't try to argue.

Not that he thought she'd like their next suggestion any more. "We would like you to join the men."

Edric said slowly.

"Blend in with the regular Guard and give your orders from the Barracks." The Governor opened her mouth to speak. "It would serve dual purpose. Hide you from those creatures, and also give you protection."

Plus, it might even help with moral. "Plus..."

He glanced at Eleanor.

"It would help us hunt the creatures." Edric decided not to add 'by sleeping in your bed waiting for them'.

The Governor looked between the two teenagers and then let out a long sigh as she nodded.

"I do not like the idea. I do believe you are right though."

A long pause.

"I will have the Captain show you to my apartment and I will make myself scarce."
Eleanor let our a breath that she didn't realize she was holding and looked at Edric. She knew he was relieved even if he didn't show it. "Excellent. We will move into your apartments immediately."

The Governor nodded and left without another word. Eleanor slouched against the Governors desk and rubbed her forehead again. Stupid nervous habit. "Let's get our stuff out of our room and head to hers. I am, honestly, she agreed without argument."

• Smug
Ah yes, all of their stuff. A meager few knives and some torn up clothes. Maybe the blanket that they had been given too. "She probably doesn't want to die."

It was a cynical thing point, but probably one that wasn't wrong either.

Slowly the Initiate reached up and ran a hand through his hair. A long sigh escaped him, his head shaking as he considered their position. No matter what sort of argument they made, no matter the little success in convincing the Governor...they had still just thrown themselves into the line of fire.

Edric couldn't help but wonder why.

What did they care if the Governor died? If the city fell?

"Lets get our shit." Edric said as he pushed himself up and towards the door. "Maybe she has a shower, or a bath."

If they were lucky.

Eleanor felt that sentiment. She didn't want to die either and that was why she was even helping this gods forsaken place. If she could negotiate freedom for herself and Edric, she would turn over the entire city in a heartbeat. That was not going to happen though. That would be too easy and nothing in her life had ever been easy.

"I will take either and be happy at this point. I don't even need the water to be hot. I just want to feel clean."

The two of them made the short walk to the room they had been given previously and collected their things. They didn't have much so it didn't take very long. Once they were ready, the Captain brought them to the Governors apartment.

It had a large sitting room with two couches, a couple chairs, and a low table. It had a nice large fireplace too. Eleanor went and checked the closed doors. There was a washroom off to one side and a bedroom off to the other. It was a small and efficient apartment.

"Do you think she would get mad if I borrowed some of her clothes?"

• Popcorn
For some reason Edric had expected something more...lavish, but she supposed that for a border city this sort of setup made sense. Oddly enough, that fact alone made him feel somewhat...good about this place, though he wasn't sure why.

"Won't get mad if she doesn't know." Edric said with a shrug. "Though I doubt she has that impressive of a wardrobe."

The Governor hadn't seemed like the type.

As Eleanor explored the rest of the apartment Edric walked around the front room, grabbing some of the logs that still remained in the small steel closet and throwing them into the fireplace.

If they were going to be staying here, they obviously had to make it look like that Governor was still in. Obviously.

That was the only reason he lit the fireplace.

Eleanor let her fingers glide over the soft fabrics in the wardrobe. They clothes weren't fancy but they were soft. At least softer than what Eleanor was used to at the Academy. She walked back into the living room and looked at the fire. A smirk crossed her lips.

"Convenient how we have to make it look like she is in here," Eleanor winked at Edric. She was all for a fireplace and a nice warm fire. "It would be nice if she had some stock of food in here but she doesn't seem like that type either. I am not a fan but she seems to give a fuck about her people."

She stretched and rubbed her leg. Shit hurt and fighting those creatures earlier did not help any. She was hoping they could at least get a good nights sleep tonight.

• Smug
Edric frowned for a moment, taking in a long breath as he sat himself down in front of the fire. "Suppose that's something to say about her."

He said, glancing up towards Eleanor and shaking his head.

The Governor seemed to genuinely care about her people. Something that many of her peers likely wouldn't have lived up to. Slowly the young Initiate shook his head, pushing himself up from the ground and stepping over towards the sofa.

Edric threw himself down, glancing at Eleanor as she rubbed her leg. "I can see to that.

He offered.

"Just a touch." At the expense of what little of his own reserve he had left.

Eleanor turned a glare on Edric before she flopped down on the couch next to him. This couch was more comfortable than the one in their old room and she was a fan of it. Who knew couches could have different comfort levels...she didn't.

"Absolutely not," if he wasn't going to let her help him then she wasn't going to let him help her. "I will survive. At least I closed the wound. It just hurts but it isn't the worst pain I have felt." Neither of them needed to expend any more energy than absolutely needed.

She was really starting to worry that they were going to die here. Eleanor knew that finding the kitchens and looking for any kind of food was on her list of to-dos for tomorrow. She only had a little jerky left.

Edric frowned for a moment, thinking about debating her, and then finally shook his head.

If she didn't want it, then he wouldn't force any healing on her.

The wound in his chest had dulled to a just a throbbing ache. Anyone else might have found it all but debilitating, but after what the Proctors had put him through the wound was just another in a long line of pains he'd endured. "Alright."

He relented finally with a shake of his head.

"We'll be okay." Edric said suddenly. "One way or another."

It was hard to tell if he was trying to reassure her, or himself.

"Your optimism is absolutely reassuring, Edric." Eleanor smirked at him sarcastically.

Neither of them were particularly positive about their prospects here and she wondered if they were going to eventually break. No, they wouldn't beak. They had both been through much worse in their lives. This last year had been weird and she hated the changes, but at least she had less broken bones to heal lately.

Ella brought herself back to the present and stopped thinking about the heavy stones that had been thrown at her as the Proctors had tried to get her to control her power. It had worked, of course. All the fucked up methods had worked.

"Do you wanna get cleaned up first? I think we both need an actual bath," she chuckled as she thought about the dirt and grime that had built up on her.

• Smug
Edric closed his eyes for a few moments.

Optimism was all well and good, but both of them knew how dismal the situation was they were looking at. It was likely that the Guards armies wouldn't arrive for another week and a half, that they would find the city burned and pillaged.

The two Initiates along with it.

Edric couldn't help the pang of annoyance, anger, that flickered through his chest. A defiance floated through him. A cause.

He wouldn't die here. He refused, and if he did? He would at least make it a good end.

Eyes snapped open and Eleanor asked her question. His head lulled towards her, rolling. There was a determination in his gaze now, a smile on his lips. A confidence that seemed to have come out of utterly nowhere. "We could always go together."

Edric offered with a shrug.

Eleanor looked at him incredulously and then laughed an actual laugh. A genuine laugh not filled with any hint of sarcasm, fear, or worry. "Why not, I have trouble reaching my back sometimes," she winked at him with another laugh and stood gracefully. Well...as gracefully as her sore leg would allow.

"I am going to go raid her closet for some clean clothes and then I'll join you." That was weird to say. She shrugged and headed back to the Governors room.

She went through the drawers and wardrobe to find something comfortable. She ended up with a pair of soft workout pants and a simple shirt. She also found some men's clothing that may fit Edric. She pulled the larger sized clothing that matched her out.

Was the governor married? Used to be married? Had clothes brought up before they had arrived in her room? Who knew but Eleanor wasn't going to complain and she was sure Edric wouldn't either.

She padded back out into the living room and headed towards the washroom.

• Popcorn
Edric didn't seem to hesitate.

His mindset was easy, simple. If he was going to die, then he would make the best of the time he had left. If he wasn't going to die? Then at least there would be an upside to all the shit he had gone through for the last few days.

There was no pretending otherwise.

The life of a student at the Academy was abject misery. Even after the Revolution they were pushed hard. Constantly training, sitting in classes. Even with the new 'perks' they found themselves stressed out and on the edge.

Which wasn't even to mention the missions. As far as he could tell they were sent here to die, to lend false hope to a people who stood on the ragged edge.

So he would snatch life from the jaws of death. He would grab hold of what he could.

As Eleanor stepped towards the washroom she would find a trail of clothes. Some of it ragged and bloody, some simply thrown wherever Edric had walked.

Eleanor rolled her eyes at the trail of clothing. Men, she thought with mock irritation. She certainly wasn't going to be cleaning anything up and she didn't particularly care at the moment. There weren't any proctors here to punish them if their room wasn't neat so fuck it.

She stepped into the washroom and set the clothes on a chair in the corner. "I found you some clothes, Edric."

Eleanor started to peel off her own clothes and dropped them in a pile. She preferred to stand still while undressing to she didn't trip over her own feet. It had happened before.

She looked at the tub longingly as she dropped the last piece of clothing to the floor. The water called to her and she was stepping into it within a moment. She sunk down and sighed happily.

At least this was nice. A small moment of calm and relaxation in the midst of this craziness.

• Smug
"Oh?" The water felt surprisingly good on the wound that sat on his chest. The heat of it felt cleansing, calming.

Most Doctors would likely have recommended against taking a bath at this point, but most doctors didn't know Edric. An infection would only help him, and anything else? All he needed was one little spark of life. One little ebb.

He suspected that would be coming over the walls soon enough. "Thanks."

The Initiate let his gaze flicker over towards Eleanor.

His eyes were not lecherous, not really, but he watched as Eleanor stripped off her uniform. Edric's gaze lingering far longer than it needed to. Seconds later her feet gently pattering across the tiled floor of the washroom as she rushed towards the bath just a few seconds later.

Edric felt her skin draw over his as she slipped into the massive stone carved tub, her leg brushing over his as she settled into the water.

The warm water rushed over her as she sunk low enough to submerge herself completely for a second. Eleanor's red hair that was usually in its low bun fell around her face and down her back. She rarely let it loose save for sleep and bathing.

Her legs sat against Edrics as they sat opposite eachother in the tub. She didn't say a word as she just closed her eyes. The Initiate could have easily fallen asleep right here and right now. Edric wouldn't let her drown...she hoped.

"Can we just stay in here forever? Let the castle come down around us? At least I'd die happy," she half joked. Neither of them would be able to just sit back and let others die. They hadn't been trained to give a shit about others but they would need the little bit of support they had in order to survive this.

This was different than changing in front of her peers. She had only been this close and this naked to one other person and she still wanted to murder him slowly. Vance. She wondered if she would ever have that chance again. Probably not. This was it.

This is where they would die in a blaze of glory. Well...a blaze of something.

• Smug
Edric chuckled, fingers splayed against the side of his face. "Guess it wouldn't be the worst thing."

Over the years, all the tests the Proctors had done on him, Edric wondered if he could even die in the first place. They had tried so many times. Stabbing, burning, drowning, even choking the air from his lungs. Every single time he had pulled himself back from the abyss.

Every single time he'd dragged the life from something nearby and torn himself into consciousness once more.

Edric had faced death so many times, it hardly seemed real now, more of an illusion.

Perhaps that was where his confidence came from, perhaps that was why he was so sure even now that they would make it out alive. And if they didn't? Maybe it would finally be an end. Maybe he could finally stop fighting.

There was a different kind of peace in that. "If so."

Edric offered, his hand slipped beneath the water as he spoke.

"I have a suggestion." As he spoke Eleanor would feel the soft caress of his hand over her thigh.

• Nervous
Reactions: Eleanor
Eleanor tensed as his hand ran over her thigh. She wondered for a second if he was fucking with her and then she looked up into his eyes and saw that he was serious. She was in the position that countless women at the Academy wished to be in and some would probably even murder for the chance. He was gorgeous though and they were most likely about to die so why the fuck not.

She didn't say anything as she placed her hand on his and slid both of them further up her thigh. Eleanor was nervous and excited at the same time. They would indeed die happy. She smiled a crooked smile at the man across from her.

"I like your suggestion, Edric..."

• Smug
Edric smiled. He'd hardly ever been the most subtle of their peers. Even in the old days he had been direct, curt, and entirely open with his intentions. There was no doubting that fact then, no less than there was any doubting it now.

As his hands slid up Eleanor's thigh Edric only smiled.

It was a cocky, confident smirk. One that he had worn on the blooded sands of the training ground so many times before. His fingers tightened on her skin, wrapping around her thighs before he suddenly dragged her forward.

Water splashed to either side of the bath, cascading on the marbled tile as he pulled Eleanor on top of himself. Hands pinning her in place. "I've had a good idea or two."

The Initiate said, his face mere inches from hers.

"In my short time." He whispered.

"Just one or two," Eleanor said as she laid against his chest now. Her hazel eyes met his blue ones as she brought her lips to his in a kiss. She ran her hands up his muscular chest, careful to avoid the wound left by the creature.

She cast those thoughts aside. This was a time to forget what was happening outside of this room. Her heart hammered against her chest at the same time a thrill of desire shot through her entire body.

She could only hope this time wouldn't be as disappointing as her first time was.

• Smug
Just one or two.

He was sure that someone would tell him this was a good idea. Was sure that more than a few Proctors would be screaming at the top of their lungs if they knew what the two Initiates were doing. Relations, whether romantic or less, were purely forbidden at the Academy.

Always had been, and still were.

That hardly stopped them though, Edric was more than well aware of that fact. So was Eleanor for that matter.

His hands dragged up her thighs and to her hips. Thumbs softly pressed into her skin, and then slowly he leaned forward to press a fiercely passionate kiss upon her lips. It was the mark of a dead man. The call of one who'd already sealed his fate.

In this world there might be nothing left save for this, and every touch, every move, every little ounce of what Edric reflected that.

If he was going to die. He was going to live.
proxy.php
By the time things had cooled down Edric and Eleanor lay in a tub that was only a quarter full. Some of the water had been dyed crimson, their vigorous activity having opened up the wound on Edric's chest.

Pools of water lay on the tile floor all around them, having splashed out of the tub in waves.

Edric himself lay back against the stone carved tub, sunken against the still heated marble. His eyes were closed, and he could feel the beating of his heart thundering against his chest. Silence had fallen over the washroom, save for the slow breaths of the two Initiates. "A good time to die."

He repeated quietly, barely a whisper.

Eleanor laid against Edric's chest avoiding the wound again. She had thought about moving a few times, but she couldn't actually bring herself to do it. She was tired and now she understand what the big deal was. This time was not disappointing...not even a little bit. Her eyes were also closed as she relaxed and wished they hadn't depleted the majority of the water.

She made a mmmmmm sound in agreement. "I don't think the Governor would be too pleased to find out how we are using her rooms while we wait," Eleanor chuckled.

Fun tonight, death tomorrow. It was coming.

• Smug