Completed Templar: Why did it have to be vampire rats?

Anastasia laid panting under him, both their chests bare and exposed to the cold. She look up at him, half propped up on an elbow, and she couldn't help the way her gaze locked on his.

There was something vulnerable about being bare-skinned and under someone. Heat spread across her sternum, her cheeks tinging pink as she took in his form for all the splendor she felt it was. Her swollen lips remained parted, her chest rose and fell with her excited gasps. And as strange as it felt to be laid out bare before him, it felt that much more ... right.

The way he looked at her silenced her embarrassment and brought that vulnerability surfacing to her eyes.

She slowly brokered a smile at him, moving to cup his cheek and hover her mouth over his. The gaze was left unbroken for a moment longer, until her eyes drifted close and she pressed her lips to his in a smoldering kiss.

Her hands slid down to the ties for his pants.

The rest was old history.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Yay
Reactions: Saul Talith
proxy.php
A few hours passed, maybe days, Saul wasn't entirely sure.

What he did know was the sunlight in his face was about as obnoxious as something could get, burning into his eyes through an un-curtained window. He let out a muted curse, more than aware of Ana's bare form pressing against his side, radiating warmth. He glanced at her for a brief moment, noting the pillow she had tossed behind her.

Slowly the Templar Commander reached out, grasping the feathered head support and bringing it over his own face to block the stream of light shining on it.

A sigh escaped him a moment after. "That's better."

He murmured quietly.

Ana didn't need the pillow. Her head was tucked into the crook of his arm and her face was smushed into his side to avoid the light. He moved and she stirred, groaning as a dull throb rolled through her head.

"No," she murmured incoherently, stretching a little to push firmer against him. Her arm flopped over his chest. She stilled. She drooled a little, hung over and soon to regret that third drink. Her mouth remained too uncomfortably thick to fully drift back off. But hell-- No.

Not moving.

No sun.

• Yay
His eyes suddenly snapped open, a realization striking him.

"Shit." The swear left his lips before he even realized what he was doing. With one swift motion he tore the pillow from his face and tossed it across the room.

No small amount of panic struck him for a moment as he remembered what the day was going to bring, what he was supposed to be doing. Preparations had to be made, meetings had to be met, and a dozen other things had to be put in a row before they left the day after.

"We have to get up Ana." He jiggled her slightly, his eyes catching on the curve of her chest as he did so. "I need my armor."

His things...his sword...all of it.

• Yay
Reactions: Anastasia
She groaned in protest of being jostled, peeling off of him and retreating into herself as he did so. Her legs curled up, her hands went to protect her eyes from the second coming of the sun god himself. She groaned and flailed, frazzled by his sudden fuss.

"What?" she croaked, his reaction driving her to sit up to... beat up a vampire. Or something. She squinted in confusion at him, and then her facilities slowly trickled back in.

Understanding came. She cursed, spilling out of the bed and onto the floor as she tried to get herself moving with finese that was sorely lacking. She landed in a pile of clothes. Half unseeing, her eyes still hard to open in the light, she tried to hand it back to him.

"I-wha-Ican'tfindyour- your armor," she told him from her mess on the floor, letting her eyes close for just onnnnne blissful moment as she stretched out to grope along the edge of the bed.

• Yay
"Well...it isn't here." Saul almost broke out into a laugh.

It was obvious that Anna was still half asleep, either worn out from the nights activities, hung over, or for whatever reason not used to waking at dawn. He knew that the last was not at all true, though the first guess might have been a bit of an...overestimation of his own skills.

"It's at the Chapter House." Compound more like. "I need to get back there, get dressed, and then head to back here."

To the Inner-city and over the river.

He had a meeting with one of the Merchant Councilmen, it was meant to be little more than a quick chat, though the intention behind it was for more support of the Templar. It was one of those things Saul had to do if he was to secure his place after the Old Man passed.

• Yay
"Hm?"

"Oh." She brought her knees to her chest and rubbed her face, cursing herself for her uncharacteristic drinking, for she had tasks too.

"Right. Um. I still have cloak, so I will wear that. I'll just stay and, um, find that architect-- I." She groaned, highly disappointed in herself as she realized something.

"I have to hire an architect. And there's a drink tab." As it stood, she did not have the funds for both. The drinks would be cheaper, of course. But she had counted out her coinage specifically. The journey to Herath was a long one, no self-respecting man would agree to it without half payment up front.

She looked up, true disappointment in herself forming in her brows. "I'm so sorry."

• Yay
Saul shook his head with a smile. It wasn't like Ana was really to blame for any of this, he had made the same decisions and done exactly as she had.

There was no fault for either of them. "It's alright."

The Commander said as he slowly sat up in bed and rubbed his hands over his face, pulling his black hair back for just a moment before he let it fall once more.

"I think I'll make it if I rush." He hoped anyway. "If you can take care of everything here."

She could of course, but he just wanted to make sure. "We can meet later if you like..."

The Templar trailed off slowly.

• Yay
Reactions: Kaska
He didn't quiet catch her insinuation, but for the moment, she let it passed. She wasn't eager to ask for money. She knew what it took for either of them to earn it, and it had been her own frivolousness last night that had stacked that drink bill. They were usually fine with just one.

She blinked at his question, looking up at him in slight shock, her eyes wide.

She knew today was too important to mess up with things like hang over and distractions, but after last night, and with the weight of the next two months on her mind, she found herself nodding mutely.

"Name the location, I will be there," she swore softly.

• Yay
He had not missed it, he was simply attempting to organize the day because it was important. Jeeze. Seems like someone's writer is getting a bit accusing.

"The Bannawaith Bridge." Saul said as he stood, crouching down besides Ana who was still perched atop a pile of both of their clothing.

"After mid-day." He nudged her gently, pulling his pants out from beneath her. "I'll be there along with Edwin. Though...he doesn't have to stay."

There was no real need to interpret his words, the choice of them spending more time alone was entirely on her.

Pulling on his pants the Templar reached for his sword belt, grabbing a small purse from it's side and placing it on the bed. "I don't have a lot of coin, but that should cover the drinks we had."

They wouldn't need much money on their trip to Herath, most of those supplies would be requisitioned directly from the Chapter and what food they needed would be hunted for.

• Yay
Reactions: Kaska
Well if he had acknowledged her statement instead of acting like he misunderstood, maybe the writer wouldn't have assumed he was a dim witt!

She watched him from her place on the floor, her express reserved.

"I'll be there," she repeated, for a moment, remaining unmoving. She looked away from him with a blush, dragging over her tunic and slipping it on.

"I'll take care of everything here," she promised, standing with a grimace.

Never again with the drinking. Foolish. She sat on the edge of the bed, her back to the horrific sun as she pulled on her pants and tied them up under the tunic.

"Bring food?"

• Yay
Before she could pull up the hem of her pants too far, his hand slipped onto her rear, fingers squeezing for just a brief seconds as though he were a child sneaking a cookie. "I can try."

It was about as committed as an answer as he could give.

Saul had no idea what the day would bring, nor where he would be at when they met. If the meeting went well he would secure himself and his followers at least one ship they could use at any time. If it didn't? One of the other two Commanders would learn about the fact that he was maneuvering around him.

That prospect was not a good one.

Either way, a ship was well worth the risk. Though he had no plans of abandoning Alliria completely, a vessel directly under his control could be used for any number of things.

Not the least of which was reaching other Chapters in half the time it currently took.

Slowly withdrawing his hand from ample cheeks Saul flashed Ana a grin.

• Yay
Ana blushed, her lips pressing together as she failed to stop a girlish smile. She yanked the strings into place straightening herself out and tilting her head at him. She picked up her pack, snapping on her Templar cloak, her gaze lingering on his chest.

"Good." She leaned forward, stealing a deep kiss as her fingers brushing his waste line. "Good luck." She chirped, pulling away and snatching up the money. She turned without a further word and left, her heavy boot falls falling her down the hall.

Downstairs, she paid the tab and turned to leave, only to find someone standing uncomfortably close behind her.

She took a step back to find a ranger, male and a hands-breath taller, standing there with his arms crossed. She recognized him from last night, and no doubt he did too. Her abrupt change in appearance seemed to be what set him on edge.

"We weren't made a aware a Templar was staying here."

She said nothing for a moment, neither intimated by his approach or angered by it. She simply looked strained. Sad. "Well. Now I'm not." She moved to brush past him. He grabbed her arm, speaking lowly.

"If you're here to cause trouble-"

She pressed her lips together, her voice edgy. "I came to see my lover," she lied, protecting Saul. No reason that wouldn't still hold up. She had his Templar tunic in her bag.
Oh wait. Opps.

"I'm not a monster. Even I need a night out." She forcibly shrugged off his hand, moving with sharp quick steps past him. She gave him, nor the others eating at a table, no chance to do anything more. She darted out with a speed known only to her.

The tasks were easy enough. By noon she had not only secured the architect, but she had him under cover and on his way to the compound for tomorrow's departure. Her last spare coin was spent on herbs. A serving of which she took, curbing any chance of consequences from her night with Saul.

She arrived to the bridge on time, her hangover well and gone and a satisfied smile about her.

• Yay
Saul's own meeting went better than he had expected.

It turned out that the Merchant's son idolized the Templar, having apparently read some history book some time about their exploits. The man had not only given him use of a ship, but had actually signed the entire title of the vessel to Saul himself. Apparently the armor had worked, and so had his pitch.

Edwin had been practically floored by the whole thing, though Saul had managed to keep his composure, something he was rather proud of. Politics had never been his game, but when the man had been so generous...well he'd hardly been able to keep a straight face.

So, when he showed up at the bridge, it was with a broad smile and Edwin in tow.

They were both dressed in their full armor, though both were noticeably missing their helmets. It was a sign that they hadn't expected a fight of course, and had instead been wearing the armor simply to impress the merchant. "You can head back to the Compound."

He assured Edwin.

"Ana and I are going to arrange some things for the trip." The words were met with a snicker, and then an elbow to the wrist.

• Yay
Ana blushed but took the prodding in stride. They did it to each other all the time. Hell, you should have seen the shit Valeria got for dating others.

She nodded goodbye to Edwin, dismounting as he mounted up and snuck her a crude, playful gesture. She laughed and rolled her eyes, watching him go for a moment before stepping forward. "I got him. He's heading to report now, did your thing go well?" She asked quickly, actually not entirely sure what he was doing today. No doubt, it was important and needed to have succeeded. His smile told her it did, but she wanted to hear it from him.

• Yay
"It did." He admitted with an almost beaming smile. "Better than I ever expected really."

As long as it didn't get back to the other two Commanders anyway.

He was pretty sure that it wouldn't. The Merchant had been exceedingly understanding about the need for secrecy, and Saul had told him that the ship would be for military use. It had not been a lie, not exactly, and thus he was almost entirely positive he would stay quiet. "Do you know how to sail?"

Saul said with a big smile, already knowing the answer.

They were from a merchant city, but sailing ships had never exactly been on the training course for any of them.

• Yay
She laughed, looking a bit taken aback. "What? No. Why would I-" She double took, understanding falling into place. "Did you acquire a ship?" She asked, flabbergasted.

• Yay
Saul nodded. "I did."

The Commander was more than pleased about that really. It was progress, the ability to move around, and even...a base of operations if things grew a bit too dire in Alliria.

"A galleon." Though hardly the largest class of ship that was built in Alliria, it was large enough to hold nearly a hundred men comfortably. Of course he would have to find the resources to maintain and crew the thing, but that was a problem for another day. "It's a good step."

He told her with a smile. "Though for now It will have to be kept secret."

• Yay
She shook her head, utterly impressed. "That-... changes everything for us. That could be the difference between life and death if-" She bit back her words, her expression faltering a little.

She let out a shaky breath and nodded, pushing past it. She reached out, giving his hand an encouraging squeeze. "This is really good, Saul. Really. Really. Good. A base, if all else fails. They couldn't come attack a ship in the middle of Arillia."

• Yay
He nodded, though the idea that it would ever come to something like that pained him more than he could put into words. He did not want to cause another schism, he did not want to fight his brothers, but he knew that there would be no other choice if things fell the wrong way.

In truth, it was near enough to make him stop all of this.

"I know." He said with a brief smile, trying at least to put on a brave face for just a few moments before he quickly spoke again. "The ship will be moored at the docks until we get back. I'll have Valerie check over it and make sure it's ready in case..."

He trailed off for a moment, not wanting to say it.

In case there was war, battle. In case they were not able to return to the chapter house here in Alliria after their trip. A small pit formed in his stomach, but he continued. "It's a step."

Another step.

She squeezed his hand and released it, proud of him for taking those 'steps' she had begged of him yesterday. "Did you bring food?" She asked, no small amount of eagerness in her tone.

She was famished and she knew what ache that lingered in her head just needed a meal to cure it. She had countless questions for him, and she wanted to hear about the details for the ship. But for the moment, the hunger was substantial. And in truth, it was growing hard to think around.

There was grass beyond the bridge. It would be a simple matter to picnic and enjoy a bit of time together. Just a little. Not too much. A small distraction, the last they be allowed for ... well. If they schismed and died...

Yes, this distraction would be allowed, another last she'd try to cherish before the inevitable change.

• Yay
"Ah...well..." In all of the excitement of the meeting Saul had forgotten all about actually going out and getting food, though luckily it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

They were in the greatest market city in the world after all.

Shops, stalls, and everything else could be found on each corner of Alliria. Finding something wouldnt be too difficult, and while Saul didn't have a lot of coin he most certainly had enough for a mid day picnic. At least he was pretty sure that he did anyway. "I thought we could...get something together."

Yes, he had not forgotten. He was simply making a romantic gesture.

"So we can better fit both our tastes." Maybe he was getting the hang of politics after all.

• Yay
She blinked at him, his gesture earning a tentative smile. It seemed she wasn't the only one breaking protocol here. She couldn't fathom in the past either of them choosing to engage in each other when there was important things in motion. It appeared the gravity of what what they were about to embark on was weighing heavily on them both.

In a way, she was grateful it was influencing him too. It made her feel less guilty when she wordlessly nodded a yes.

With no explanation, she moved forward and hugged him, her body sinking into his. After a moment, she pulled away, wiping a smudge off his armor and smiling encouragingly. "Let's go." She pressed his coin purse back into his hand. "I'm famished."

• Yay
He smiled for a brief second, though couldnt really help but wonder what other people around them were thinking.

Many people thought of Templar as emotionless robots that had no feelings or emotions. Seeing one being embraced by a woman was probably as odd as seeing a hawk being eaten by a mouse. It was just weird. At least that was what he thought from the faces all around them.

"What food do you want?" He asked.

Saul had never been particular about what food he ate. Part of his upbringing, all of their upbringing really, had been about survival, combat, and strategy.

Part of that was learning to eat whatever you had to to survive.

Some, like Ana had developed a taste for things but Saul wasn't really one of them.

• Yay
Ana made a face, her stomach audiably grumbling at the prompting. "Ah- everything?" She near cried, having any option at all, especially when famished, very overwhelming. She grabbed her horses reigns and opted for walking besides him, not realizing how out of place she looked next to him. Her civilian tunic showed through the front of her templar-emblemed cloak, making her look more like a cold girl wearing his outer layer than his fellow knight.

"Bread- noo, cake. Wait-- beef pie. With the leaves you can eat on top. What are those called- oh- lettuce." When Ana had been recruited as a child, she didn't speak at all for the first few months. But she showed a willingness to train and unwavering obedience, at the very least comprehending what was going on around her. That save her from any notions of being sent some place else.

It hadn't been until her forth month there that a tutor figured out she didn't actually know how to speak. With great prompting and earned trust, she'd try. And after a few basic sentences, would resort to a frustrated display of another language no one else knew.

It wasn't until the other kids hit eleven that she had overcome this and began engaging with others, and while she was obviously younger in them in years, she proved fierce on the training field, keeping her in their age bracket. That was when Saul and a few others of their group finally trickled in. They never got to see the degree in which she had struggled with words.

But sometimes, it showed in words that were rare enough to her. Like parsley.

She grabbed his arm, realizing how manic she must sound. "Oh Gods I think I need you to pick for me."

• Yay