Private Tales Tale From The Crypt

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Quoril

Alchemist, Copper Class Adventurer
Character Biography
Link
Quoril clambered over the crumbling stone wall of the abandoned cemetery. Once used by a necromancer as a supply of "volunteers", it was now vastly overgrown with moss and ivy. His quarry was Oblist Vond, a rare mushroom with a dark navy cap and a mud-brown stem that could be used in many types of potions. It only grows in dark dank places of death. Quoril looked around, trying to find such a place. His eyes finally rested on a half rotted door hanging from one hinge set into the side of a large hill. "That's as good of a place to start any any." he mused.

Making his way over, Quoril attempted to open the door only for it to crumble around the hinge and slide to the ground. The musty smell of stale air mixed with mold wafted from the entrance. Pushing his way through the vines that hung from the opening, Quoril stepped inside. A roughly hewn circular room lay before him, with two tunnels branching off - one to the left and one to the right. Taking a small bottle out of his backpack, Quoril pulled out the stopper and dropped in a small crystal he had gotten from another pocket. After gently shaking the bottle it began to emit a bright blue glow. Tying it around his neck with a bit of string, he took a moment to ponder which direction to go. He remembered once hearing that a wise adventurer always went right. He had nothing else to go on so he shrugged his shoulders and started down the right passageway.

The tunnel abruptly changed into a very steep set of stairs that disappeared down into the darkness. Carefully descending the seemingly endless stairs he eventually came to a place where the path widened into a long hallway with many doorways lining both sides. Quoril cautiously peered into one of the rooms. Shelves were carved into the walls, each one containing a body wrapped in cloth. Thoroughly unnerved, he quickly. exited the room.

The sound of dry cloth rustling froze Quoril in his tracks. Spinning around he saw the bodies slowly climb off the shelves and he watched in horror as they slowly ambled their way towards him. Quickly conjuring a fireball he threw it at the nearest creature. The creature went up in flames like dry tinder with a loud FWOOSH! Quoril threw fireball after fireball but there were too many of them. Some creatures emerged from a nearby room and Quoril knew that was it - he had to get out of there.

As he ran towards the stairs more of the foul creatures appeared cutting off his access to the stairs. "A mushroom isn't worth this!" he thought despaired.

“Burn it.”

A command would resound as a few of the mummies in front of him turned to face a new threat.

Fire engulfed them as two heavily armored knights strode into the cavern wielding strange equipment. The two knights carried what looked to be three staffs of arcane fire combined to belch a large flame.

The third seemed to be carrying a massive crossbow that seemed able to fire multiple bolts the size of small javelins at a rate that seemed quite rapid for what it shot. “Keep burning. We still have a few rooms to cleanse.” One said. “Yes ma’am. She said it would be deeper in anyway.” The other responded as they flamed another small wave that came in behind them.

“I still don’t see why we have to go to all this trouble. Acting like the steel legion has any of these weapons to spare for a mushroom hunt is short sighted.” The third said firing two large bolts into a few still flaming mummies. The force and size of the bolt seeming to be effective in breaking them apart more than the impalement of it it’s self.

“Well it’s a good thing you are not paid for your vision then.” Came the others retort. “Huh?!” One of the flaming knights came upon Quoril and almost toasted him on the spot. “Who goes there!” He said menacingly.

“It’s a civilian calm your fire!” The other said knocking his flame contraption aside. “What’s your business interfering with steel legion engagement civilian. Speak.” The woman said with no menace but a hard edge to her tone that showed she was serious.

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
“Abrielle come on! We haven’t gotten all day!” An excited and kind voice echoed along the walls. The elf suck her head into the cave. A beaming smile despite the gloom unlike her guard she wore no armor but the light model the legion offered its scouts, light infantry and healers.

Her large satchel swung at her side. Her beam faltering at the sight of the shoulders surrounding a fellow elf. “Oh! A civilian in these crypts!?” She rushed over and began to examine him. “Are you ok? Any contusions? Concussions? Trauma? Hemorrhaging?” She said taking his cheeks in her hands as healing magic flowed from her hands and spread from his cheeks to his entire body.

“Healers..” one of the armored guard said with a shake of his head. “Makes me glad we got out with the infantry. That whole group is too...Sweet..” The female said with a nod. They both looked at Abrielle as if realizing she was among them. “I mean I’m sure she’s great at least..” the man said. “Oh most assuredly. Melaniphi’s a good sort.” The woman said with a nod.

Last edited:
  • Cheer
"My first assignment with the Legion and it just had to be tagging along with a damn elf." Abrielle muttered to herself. Melani seemed like she was kind and caring, but Abrielle didn't trust those pointy-eared freaks no matter how they acted. She hadn't been with the Steel Legion long but she already knew better than to argue with an order from Maxine. Abrielle had been ordered to guard Melani as she searched for a rare fungus.

The small squad had traveled to an overgrown cemetery a day's journey out from Elbion. The other soldiers traveling with them had been directed down an old derelict crypt in front of them. Abrielle and Melani stayed well behind the group in case there was anything dangerous lurking in the crypt.

The sounds of a fight and shouting caused Melani to bolt off down the stairs. "Wait! How the hell am I supposed to protect you if you run off like that?" Abrielle shouted angrily before chasing after the elf. "What the hell?! MUMMIES?!" Abrielle gasped, shocked seeing the charred corpses bound in cloth littering the floor.

“Oh! A civilian in these crypts!?” She rushed over and began to examine him. “Are you ok? Any contusions? Concussions? Trauma? Hemorrhaging?”

Abrielle took a closer look at the strange man. Thin... messy hair... pointy ears... "Just f@&%ing great... Another elf."

Before Quoril could reply to the woman's question, a pretty, short haired elf ran over and grabbed him by the cheeks.

“Oh! A civilian in these crypts!?” She rushed over and began to examine him. “Are you ok? Any contusions? Concussions? Trauma? Hemorrhaging?” She said taking his cheeks in her hands as healing magic flowed from her hands and spread from his cheeks to his entire body.

Quoril shook his head dumbly in response as she checked him over, a deep blush covering his face the entire time. He was not at all used to having somebody obsess over his minor wounds, especially not a pretty female elf. "I-I'm fine. Really!" he finally managed to blurt out. "I just came down here in search of a rare mushroom. There must have been a magic trap that reanimated all these mummies."

"O-Oh... I'm Q-Quoril by the way..." he stammered. "T-Thank you all for saving me!"

“The Oblist correct? That’s what I’m looking for as well! What a joyful coincidence! You must come with us!” She said with a grin throwing an arm around his shoulder and pointing towards where she came in.

Her glasses slid down her nose as one of the heavily armored knights coughed.

“Further in is this way ma’am.” He said keeling a thumb over his shoulder further into the crypt. “R-right. I knew that..” Melani said releasing her new found friend and turning to face the proper direction. Pushing her glasses back up her nose.

“Abrielle!” She said beckoning the woman to come with her. “Come meet our new friend!” She said with a beaming grin. “Yeah Abri. Run along to your new best buddy.” The male knight said with a chuckle as the female socked him in the shoulder.

“Shut up. Maxines orders.” She said with a growl turning and swinging her tri staff forward, taking point.

“What? What’d I say?” He complained with w shrug following her lead as Melani waited patiently for her to approach practically bouncing with excitement...Like always... Places like this always excited her. So much history and magic..She could just sit and take notes for hours....

“Abrielle!” She said beckoning the woman to come with her. “Come meet our new friend!” She said with a beaming grin. “Yeah Abri. Run along to your new best buddy.” The male knight said with a chuckle as the female socked him in the shoulder.
Abrielle briefly considered telling the knight to go screw himself. She made sure to take her time in following the other two knights over to Melani and the other elf. "Why was Melani always so damn hyper?" Abrielle thought annoyed, watching Melani bounce up and down. As for the other elf, he looked like the sort of person who would revel in causing any chaos he could. She wouldn't be at all surprised if he he set off at least one explosion during their little adventure.

"Hi...I guess" Abrielle spat out with no attempt to be amiable. "Hey Melani, can we leave this lost dumbass and just get on with the mission? I really don't want to be bothered guarding him too."

“The Oblist correct? That’s what I’m looking for as well! What a joyful coincidence! You must come with us!” She said with a grin throwing an arm around his shoulder and pointing towards where she came in.​

Quoril's heart started thumping loudly as the elf threw her arm around his shoulders. "How did she know about the Oblist?" Quoril wondered to himself. She seemed more like a mage-y type person and not somebody who would be out in a graveyard searching for mushrooms.

"Y-Yes! I w-want to experiment with making potions out of it!" Quoril spouted even though she hadn't asked what he intended to use it for. "I-I'll definitely go with you. I might find other interesting things to test too!" He inwardly sighed with relief when she took her arm off of his shoulders.
“Abrielle!” She said beckoning the woman to come with her. “Come meet our new friend!” She said with a beaming grin.​
Quoril watched a small female with bright red hair slowly - almost hesitantly- make her way over to him. "Hi... I guess" she said in a exceedingly unfriendly manner. Ah! A human! Female humans made him much less nervous than their elven counterparts. "Hello! I'm Quoril!" he said brightly extending his hand. The glare Abrielle gave him would have been enough to send the toughest warrior running back home to their mother in fear. The elf shrugged, and lowered his hand. He had never met such an unfriendly human before.

"W-Well, I-I guess I'll follow your lead. You seem to k-know where we're going." Quoril said turning to face Melani. In all honesty he wouldn't have minded searching on his own, but he thought he would be safer with a group incase another mass of mummies appeared.​

Last edited:
“Oh don’t worry friend!” She said with a smile giving Abrielle a genuine hug. Seemingly unaware of her grumpiness in general. It bounced of her her like rubber to steel. Abrielle was her sister in steel now after all and she felt attached to her already. As the highest ranking healer in the guild Maxine had shown a lot of trust in asking her to guard Melaniphi.

The grand master had called her from her daily training for a word. “She’s been pestering me for months about these mushrooms. Normally I would go with her, but the meeting of the grand masters is in two weeks and my back logs would make the toughest man in Elbion cry for a month.. So I would normally just delay it..But She says it will fortify our healing potions and reduce the use of them by 50% or more. It will really help stretch what we have...” Maxine gave another sigh. “Besides..She needs someone like you to keep her...Grounded.” She had said to Abri after taking a moment to find the nicest way to say what she meant.

“Her affection can be overwhelming at times but on our oath to the steel she will keep you healthy and protected all she needs is for you to do the same. Do this for me.” She had placed a steady hand on the woman’s shoulder. “Please.” She had said.

“Your not under contract to protect him anyway!” Melaniphi said brightly. “If he comes with us and happens to not die well that will just work out great!” She released Abrielle completely blind to any discomfort she might have brought the woman. “But if you do find yourself in need of aid just simply sign one of these.” She said to Quoril reaching into her pouch and producing a scroll. A contract for “momentary distress action contract.” 1 gold per 10 seconds of healing. And a lot of fine print that was likely not much better than the cold wording in bold.

“Not responsible for any loss of life, limb, mobility, soul, loved ones, reproductive ability or sanity. “ Melani grinned like she was holding a party invitation.

“So no worries there!” She said taking Abrielle by the hand and motioning Quoril to follow the group as she went after the heavily armored knights taking point. Wait. Hadnt there been three of them...She froze and her grip tightened around Abri’s hand. She pulled her close never releasing her hand twirling her like a dancer until she released her hand and was at her back. A synchronized motion Abri had practiced before with other healers, always helping each other be in the right position.

Staff sliding from her sheath and beginning to glow in her hand Melaniphi whistled three times causing the two heavy knights to stop moving and back up to reinforce force them. Quoril was completely forgotten for the moment and hopefully would join with Melani and Abrielle as Melani slammed her staff into the ground causing a bright ligh to erupt and illuminate the cavern. With a twirl and a second slam of her staff a barrier of light rose around them.

Melani’s eyes glowed with the same white light. Her healing and protection magic was beautiful and the feeling of power was incredible. For all her clumsy actions and naive positivity she was truly a powerful healer, and a strong protector. She looked around as her earlier casted light banished the shadows.

Abrielle took a step forward just outside the bubble and readied her spear. The sounds of large creatures echoed loudly around the room. She thought she could make out shapes dashing around in the darkness of the passage way at the end of the room. Suddenly the two guards in front of them were swarmed with giant rats covered in green oozing sores. The flame were holding them at bay for now, but Abrielle never let her guard down.

One of the diseased rats used a momentary distraction to spring over the heads of the guards and sailed towards Melani. Abrielle caught it on the end of her spear and threw it off to the side. She watched in horror as another bounded past her and into Melani's bubble. A wave of dread filled her body as she turned back and viciously kicked the rat away from the elf. Abrielle sighed with relief as she saw that Melani was unharmed. For as much as she hated elves, Melani was really beginning to grow on her - and she wasn't sure she liked it.

As she spun back to face the rats, one landed squarely on her chest, knocking her over and the spear away. Its sharp teeth easily bit though Abrielle's leather gloves as she began punching it with her free hand. After a moment it let go and ran off.

Abrielle stood up, picked up her spear and went back to fighting the rats, swearing under her breath. As she fought the world slowly began to spin. It spun faster and faster until she found herself laying on the floor staring at the ceiling.

Everything around her appeared dimmer and dimmer. "So much for Maxine putting her trust in me to protect Melani. Couldn't even defend her from a few f$!%ing rats!" she thought as she lost consciousness.

“Thanks!” Melaniphi said with a smirk. Only for it to turn to horror.

“No!” Melaniphi turned her white gaze in Abrielles direction.

Rage was there as she directed her hand at the girl and she rose wrapped in life giving light. It flowed into her through her eyes, nose, mouth, and even her ears before it abated and she forced the bubble outwards with a sweeping strikes of her staff cutting runes into the floor.

“Not losing you grumpy human.” She would say taking her hand and holding her hair back. The light purged the poison from her system causing her to vomit.

“The toxins still there. The healing ward only purged the lethal amount and woke you up. Take this.” The elf said pulling a vial from her bag. A slightly yellow glowing potion sloshed into the vial.

“It will be bitter but the effect is instant.” The elf continued as she sewed the gash shut after muttering a healing spell she laid her hand on the green glowing gash. Warm glowing light seemed to reach from her palm and entree the gash banishing the toxins.

“That should hold.” Melani said finishing in an incredibly short amount of time. She wrapped it tightly and wrote a rune on the bandage that glowed and the pain greatly lessened along with a pleasant warmth running up her arm.

“Get back in the fight sister.” She would say giving her a warm smile and a pat on her shoulder. She ran back to the center doing a quick leg sweep move sweeping the spear up off the ground and into the air aiming to land perfectly in Abrielles grip.

Again their training and flow of the way they lived together with unspoken moves and choices. Her barrier had shoved the rats back but they soon rallied as the heavy knights kept burning. “We need a plan here!” The female said. “Or maybe just something that will kill these things!” The man said.

“Make yourself useful will you please Mr. Quoril?” She said turning to the fellow elf. Tossing him a potion flask filled with an amber liquid. A powerful disinfectant that had very low standards in ways of ignition. The bottle was well padded and sealed. “You had mutt root extract in your bag!” She reminded him at least if her assumptions hadn’t been off.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Mutt root extract...? Why mutt root extract? And how did she know he had that in his bag? Quoril popped open the bottle and took a quick whiff. An almost overwhelming antiseptic smell burned its way into his nose. Yond wort tincture? A fairly common but highly flammable antiseptic. Mutt root extract would convert it into an explosive gas and it would ignite with the tiniest spark - Melani really seemed to know what she was talking about when it came to the interactions between potion ingredients.

While Yond wort and mutt root would make a decent size explosion, Quoril wasn't sure if it would be enough to destroy the rats. Besides if he was going to blow something up - with permission no less - it was either go big or go home. He poured the yellow liquid into a larger bottle from his backpack and dropped in a few chunks of a dull pink mineral. The liquid bubbled and fizzed violently for a moment before settling into a verdant green color. Quoril put in some drops of mutt root extract and quickly stoppered the bottle back up.

"Everybody! Get into the barrier!" he shouted. Quoril tossed the bottle with all his might into the center of the mass of rats and dove into Melani's protective bubble. Nothing happened for a moment. Then the bottle exploded into shards as the pressure from the gas became too much. Again nothing seemed to happen for a moment, but Quoril tensed and pulled his hood over his eyes. A second later a blinding flash erupted from the center of the group of rats. This was followed by the sound of a deafening BOOOM! and the air igniting around them. The concussive force of the explosion rocked the barrier and cracks started forming in several places. It shattered and sent Quoril rolling head over heels backwards into the soldiers behind him.

Quoril sat up and admired his handiwork. The few rats that weren't blown to bits were running around crazily, fur on fire. A large goofy grin formed on his face. He loved explosions.

A scene played out in Quoril's head of him striking a heroic pose and Melani and the others rushing over to thank him for saving them from the horrible rats. He knew that it was unlikely to happen but he secretly hoped Melani was a little impressed. Shaking his head, he looked around to make sure everyone else was okay. "So... uh... A-Are you guys ok? That was a bigger boom than I thought it would be."

Abrielle awoke to Melani's concerned face looking down at her. Before she could process what had happened, she vomited all over the floor. Melani gave her a bitter yellow liquid to drink and Abrielle fought the urge to vomit a second time. A few quick stitches and a healing spell and Abrielle was already beginning to feel better.

"Thanks...Sister" Abrielle said smiling and catching the spear. A slight blush covered her face as she quickly returned to fighting the rats. There was definitely something wrong with her. Calling an elf "sister" and meaning it? What was she becoming?

Those thoughts were quickly pushed out of her mind as the male elf shouted for everyone to get in the barrier. Abrielle didn't know what he was up to but she needed to keep Melani safe. She stood in front of Melani and braced herself. A blinding flash of light followed by a loud explosion shook the group. Abrielle turned, lowering herself and Melani to a kneeling position and hugged the elf to her chest to save her from the force of the explosion as the dome shattered.

After the dust settled, Abrielle raised her head and checked that Melani was okay. Her face turned bright red and she hastily stood up as she realized what she had done. "I didn't do that because I wanted to keep you safe, you know. I just don't want Maxine kicking my ass if I have to return without you!" Abrielle said grumpily.

"So... uh... A-Are you guys ok? That was a bigger boom than I thought it would be."
"WHAT. THE. HELL?!?" Abrielle shouted. "You could've killed us all you stupid elf!" She shoved him roughly before returning to Melani. "How much farther in is this damn mushroom of yours?" she huffed.

Last edited:
Melaniphi was ready and strengthened the bubble as Abrielle braced in front of her. The world exploded in front of her and suddenly she was pressed close to her protector. She hugged her back.

Tightening as the explosion shattered the bubble she had erected. The dust settled and Melaniphi released her grip as the girl quickly stood.

“I..I know..” She said slightly crestfallen as abrielle was sharp with her.

“I’m sorry...Thank you sister..” She said unable to meet the girls eye. Humans were so strange. How could she be so kind and so..angry about it. She pulled the girl back as she stood and shoved the male elf. Granted Melaniphi herself had given him something to make a fire bomb. Less explosive and more hazardous.

He must have added an extra ingredient to and power to the compound. Impressive considering Melaniphi hadn’t even thought to suggest NOT doing something because she assumed there was no way to make it more powerful. She held on to her as she kept yelling pulling her out of swinging distance for the males sake. Abrielle was incredibly good at tearing people to pieces and while Melaniphi might share her views she knew this was neither the time or place. “Leave him sister!” She said her voice in her ear.

“Please. I’m fine!” She said releasing her as soon as she quit struggling. “Thank you sister.” She said now turning to the elf “Mr.Quoril thank you for your assistance.” She said with a smile and nod to the fellow elf.

“The human is very kind. But she is confused and very protective. As am I with all my brothers and sister in steel.” She said to him in elvish placing her hand on his shoulder and giving him her best and warmest smile. “it’s not much farther.” she asnswered Abri in common. “Maybe in the center tomb which will be a little further down this hall and to the right.” She said producing a map from her large medical satchel.

• Yay
Reactions: Abrielle Huxley
Quoril stood in shock as the small woman shouted angrily at him. He was glad when Melani pulled her away. "Maybe that was a bit too much" Quoril mused to himself feeling guilty for putting the others in unnecessary danger.

“The human is very kind. But she is confused and very protective. As am I with all my brothers and sister in steel.” She said to him in elvish placing her hand on his shoulder and giving him her best and warmest smile.
Quoril tensed as Melani put her hand on his shoulder and smiled. He smiled back shyly and nodded. Abrielle meant well deep down and was just worried about the safety of those around her, he realized.

Abrielle resisted with all her might when Melani tried to pull her away. She continued to shout at Quoril until a gentle voice spoke in her ear. “Leave him sister! Please. I’m fine! Thank you sister.” She turned and searched Melani's face, checking to see if she was really alright. She sighed as Melani turned to speak to the male elf in a strange language.
“it’s not much farther.” she asnswered Abri in common. “Maybe in the center tomb which will be a little further down this hall and to the right.” She said producing a map from her large medical satchel.​

"I... I'm sorry sister. I was out of line." Abrielle said in a quiet voice when Melani turned back around. "I'm just so scared that something bad will happen to you. You're so sweet and always busy doing everything you can to help other people, that I worry you forget to look after yourself too. Y-You're my sister and I want to protect you from harm. I... I don't know what I would do if you weren't around anymore."

Abrielle looked away from Melani. It was very difficult for her to open herself up like this and she hated doing it.

She faced Quoril, and the sharp edge returned to her voice, though slightly less sharp than before. "Look, I'm sorry for shoving you okay? I know you were just trying to help, but that was stupidly dangerous. Maybe next time, take a moment to consider those around you before you do something crazy."

"Lets just take our time okay Mel? This is way more dangerous than we thought it would be. Better to take our time than rush and get stuck down here."​

The heavy knights looked uncomfortable at Abrielles outburst. Melani looked to them both and nodded.

“Stop.” Melaniphi said pulling her into a tight hug. “This is not the place for talk like that not in front of an outsider” she said nodding to Quoril “But thank you sister. Your dedication and fire for our brothers and sisters warms my heart. Truly.” She said releasing her with a slight blush. “After this we can have some tea and discuss it.” She held her cheek in her hand. A tear of pride ran down her left cheek even through her smile.

This was why she had joined the legion. People like Abrielle. Those that had true fire and passion for the betterment of others. Nothing made her strive to keep them safe more than that truth.

“I understand. But you needn’t worry. I’m careful.” Melaniphi said with a wink as her glasses slid down her nose for her to push back up. “Further in let’s go friends!” She said grabbing Abrielle by the hand and charging ahead!

“Do you think it is time to interfere?” The voice asked as it watched them from a distance. “Not yet.” The second answered slowly. “Wait a bit longer. A couple of surprises will leave them all the better experienced.”

• Yay
Reactions: Abrielle Huxley
Abrielle's face flushed red Melani pulled her into a tight hug. The blush deepened as she realized she had opened herself in front of all those people.

She leaned into the hug and buried her face in the elf's shoulder. "O-of course sister. You're right. Thank you. I'll be looking forward to the tea." Abrielle said quietly.

When Melani released her from the hug, she noticed the rest of the group looking at her. "What are you looking at?" she snapped as Melani grabbed her hand excitedly and said "Further in friends! Let's go!"

Abrielle stumbled a bit as she was yanked forward. "She's too excitable for her own good. One of these times she'll probably run headlong into something dangerous!" she thought grumpily to herself.

Quoril fidgited as Abrielle talked to Melani. He hadn't had much experience being around when somebody was opening themselves up and didn't really know what to do with himself.

"Look, I'm sorry for shoving you okay? I know you were just trying to help, but that was stupidly dangerous. Maybe next time, take a moment to consider those around you before you do something crazy."

He recoiled slightly and blinked a few times. It took a minute for his brain to process what had just happened. "Did that angry young woman really just apologize?" The elf could hardly believe it but nodded as he accepted her apology.

Quoril followed closely behind the group as they set off further into the crypt. He thought he heard a very faint sound of voices, but decided it was probably just the echo of the group.

"Hey, wait." Quoril called out to the group. His sensitive hearing had picked up the sounds of slight rumbling coming from the room they had entered a moment before. Too late. The floor underneath them split as cracks spread rapidly across the floor.

He fell into inky blackness, the only light dimly coming from the bottle around his neck. Quoril fell for like what felt like forever. As he landed on a solid surface he heard a sharp crack in his leg followed by a sharp pain on the side of his head. Then nothing.

Melaniphi heard the same as Quoril and reached for him before they both went tumbling. She had only enough time to release the red haired girls hand before shoving Abrielle backwards with a blast of light magic.

It never even crossed her mind she might have used the time to save herself. Her leg slammed into the ground and she heard a crunch that left her sinking her teeth into her lip and through her tongue as the rest of her followed.

Thankfully not crushed by the rubble she threw up a light orb that rose above her before expanding casting the aftermath in an eerie golden light. “Q-Quoril? Are th-ou ohthay?” She called out looking around for the fellow elf. Trying to pull herself up only to fall back to the ground with a cry of pain. Blood poured from her mouth as her teeth had vetting through the front half part of her tongue.

“A-Abrielle?” She called out. “Anyone here? Hewhoa?” She began to crawl forward a bit. Tears streamed down her face and she wiped them away savagely. “Theek!” She called to her light as it shrank and dove back to the earth weaving along a few feet from her before hovering over a spot and turning blue. “Thewe you aw.” She said her hands and front already slick with her own blood. It was turning her stomach and making her feel sick but she pushed it down and continued to learns the light. “Pwease be ohtay..

You newe signed you wave-ur.” She said each minute slurring her speech as she began to go into shock in combination with her blood loss and general bumps and bruises from their tumble. She knew what was happening, but she could heal herself at anytime. She couldn’t save Quoril if he died while she was tending to herself, and she knew she still had time. That was when something moved. Something LARGE.

Where had the other knights gone? They had been ahead hadnt.. a low rumble and the scuttle of many legs. Small beast eyes flared back at her from the dark.

“Nonononono..” She whimpered quickening her pitifully slow pace trying to get to him faster. A hissing roar rose the hairs on her neck as she scooped up the wounded elf and dove into another pile of rubble as a massive black spider came forward. That was when she noticed the webs everywhere. She had almost gotten caught in one on her way down but a massive Boulder had punched a hole for her to fall through.

It must have been a weak point as well. Large hunks of rubble were held suspended above them implying it was strong enough to hold that weight. It had been a trap from the start. The floor held aloft by the web and catching the bits that fell through the cracks. She popped the cork on a potion and tried to get the elf to drink it. He was still unconscious.

“Shit. Wake up!” She said as the some of the potion spilt from his lips. Taking it into her mouth she pressed her lips to his and rubbed his throat forcing him to swallow it. Should it succeed he would wake up feeling incredible.

Artificially so.

It wouldn’t last but his pain and general negative emotions would be dulled. “Happy juice.” The legion used it often in tight spots to force many troops to be able to fight even when odds and injuries were against them.

It only lasted a few minutes and could be kept up by continued consumption but too much would be deadly. Earning it the under the breath nickname “reaper potion.” As many were given copious amounts when they were beyond help to ease their passing. “I was saving that kiss for someone else you stringy little bomb maker. Make it count.” She whispered.

“Now keep quiet.” She said Pressing her hand to his mouth to stow any response as the creature began to look for them. The light scitter of legs the only sign it was still active. The shadows not really doing it’s sheer size justice.

Quoril's eyes slowly fluttered open. The unpleasant taste of a liquid mixed with... blood? filled his mouth. It took a moment for his brain to register the fact that Melani's face was really close to his. After another moment, his face and all the way up to the tips of his ears flushed red as he realized her lips were pressed against his. He struggled briefly before deciding to just let it happen. Something in the back of his mind urged him to kiss her back and he valiantly tried to push the thought away.

“I was saving that kiss for someone else you stringy little bomb maker. Make it count.” She whispered.

“Now keep quiet.” She said Pressing her hand to his mouth.

The elf nodded as all the pain faded from his body. He felt incredible. Like he could do anything he wanted and there would be nobody that could stop him.

Quoril sat up and began fishing around in his backpack. Producing a small bottle of a slightly green liquid, he uncorked it and drank half of it. The sweet taste was almost overpowering as he swallowed the liquid. The potion provided a huge, but temporary, energy boost and greatly increased the speed in which the body could heal itself.

Quoril's body tingled as he handed the bottle to Melani. "Here. Drink this. It should help you recover quickly. A-And... thank you for helping me." He whispered as a bit of a blush returned to his face.

• Bless
Reactions: Melaniphi Syllis
The world slowed to a snail's pace for Abrielle as Melani pushed her away with a blast of magic. She was filled with horror as the she and the rest of the group fell into the darkness.

Abrielle fell for what seemed like an eternity before she landed in what felt like a sticky, stretchy net. The force of her landing caused it to sag and it eventually ripped sending her tumbling into another net. She was repulsed as she realized the net was really a thick spider web.

She rolled over desperately searching the darkness for Melani and the others. A bright ball of light appeared below her. It zipped around before coming to rest over a still figure. Abrielle breathed a small sigh of relief. Melani was still alive. She watched as Melani made her way over to the still figure.

Abrielle let out a short series of low quiet whistles. Another signal practiced with the healer to let her know where she was in case they ended up in a situation like this. Although the whistle was quiet, she knew Melani's sharp hearing would pick up the signal.

A loud hissing sound caused Abrielle to look off to the side below her. A huge black shape skittered to a stop below her, turning to fix its gaze on Melani. Abrielle grasped her spear and crawled to the edge of the web.

Suspended almost directly over the creature was a massive boulder resting in a web. Abrielle took her spear and started slowly trying to hack through the thick web. If she could drop the boulder on the spider it would surely kill it, but it was going to take a while to cut it down.

"Please be careful sister." Abrielle said quietly under her breath.

• Yay
Reactions: Melaniphi Syllis
“I said shut up!” She snipped at him with a bloody smirk. Smelling the bottle she nodded her approval. “I haven’t had Heknek in a long time. You double cured and double distilled it I see.” She said with a chuckle knocking back the incredibly sweet liquid.

Her tongue stopped bleeding and her leg felt better. Not a hundred percent but the lightening bolts of pain had stopped arching up her spine from her leg. Her ears pricked up at a whistle above her. The low whistling bird call of a barn owl.

Just like in training.. Abrielle! She was ok! Her heart fluttered at the thought. She quickly returned with a low hoot owl call on instinct, but knowing Abrielles ears were not as sensitive as her own the light blinked twice before extinguishing casting the room into absolute black.

“I can not heal you right now. The glow would attract that thing..” She cursed worrying over her fellow elf’s injuries in the darkness. That’s when a glint caught her eye. A crack in the ceiling above shot a beam of moonlight onto a single blade. A spear blade. Abrielle! What was she planning?

• Yay
A grin spread across Quoril's face. "Yeah! I did!" he whispered excitedly. "Maybe I was wrong about her," he thought to himself. "She doesn't seem like the uppity mage type I thought she was, and she seems to be knowledgeable when it comes to potions and their ingredients."

His thoughts were interrupted by the hooting of an owl. What was an owl doing all the way down here? Quoril realized that the sound must have been some sort of signal between the soldiers when Melani answered with a different owl call. Then the glowing ball of light blinked twice then went out.

“I can not heal you right now. The glow would attract that thing..” She cursed worrying over her fellow elf’s injuries in the darkness.

"Its okay, really!" Quoril whispered. He genuinely appreciated her concern, but she was right. There wasn't much they could do with that creature around.

His ears twitched as they picked up the faint sound of a knife cutting through thick rope coming from somewhere above them. Quoril really hoped it was one of the soldiers. He didn't dare set off an explosion when he couldn't see what was going on around him.

Abrielle was overjoyed as a Melani returned the signal. Mel was all right! She redoubled her efforts on cutting through the web. She was both excited to see Melani again, and worried that the male elf would get the idea in his head to blow something else up.

SNAP! The last few strands of web holding up the rubble broke on their own and sent the rubble careening downwards. A disgusting SPLAT echoed around the room as the creature was flattened.

Abrielle quickly leaned over the edge make sure it was really dead. She peered down into the darkness, only to lose her balance and slide forward off the edge with a shout. After falling for a short time, she bounced into another web only to break through it.

She hit the ground flat on her back with a THUD! Abrielle laid there for a minute before slowly using her spear to pull herself to stand.

"Mel...? Mel..? WHERE ARE YOU?!?" Abrielle shouted fearfully into the void. The small golden light flickered back to life. Abrielle ran over to its location and nearly knocked Melani over with the force of her bear hug.

Releasing the hug Abrielle was more than a little annoyed to see Quoril sitting right next to Melani. "Hey Mel, he didn't... try to do anything to you while I was gone did he?" she asked glaring at the male elf.