Completed Stained Hands

This time, she matched his small smile. Heart swelled in her chest. She loved him. And she knew he did her. And their baby. They hadn't planned for this and she imagined neither of them were thrilled this was happening...now.

But it's what they both had to deal with. And she was glad she wouldn't have to do it alone.

"I know," she whispered. "I've been chosen as well. A Dreadlord who forges magical weapons. I'm not sure how he'll react once he finds out...," eyes drifted down to her still-flat stomach. She was still too early to show. Taking a breath, eyes lifted. "But I'll find out."

Aubrun brows bunched together.

"Who chose you?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Harry
A Dreadlord that creates weapons? A fourth rank, no doubt. The thought of it relieved Hal. Under her mentor, she would be far from danger. It was the complete opposite of Hal, who would be under a first rank. A rather well known first rank as well.

"Selene Avar," He flatly responded. Hal didn't need to explain further. She would know. A Dreadlord prized by one of the Great Houses of Vel Anir, House Virak. She was recently promoted to the rank of first as her exploits gained more and more attention.

Her reputation was also quite a nasty one, as rumors circulated regarding her merciless and seemingly evil nature. Hal knew of the rumors, but his impressions of her were different. She was, at least apparently, honest with him to a point.

Despite all of that, the combination was an ironic one. A Dreadlord that used earth and fire mentoring an apprentice that used ice.

• Yay
Reactions: Sierra
"Wow," she breathed out lowly. "You've got your work cut out for you." Sierra knew the rumors about Selene. She hoped she never met the woman.

"I think we're in apprenticeship for several months. Want to make a promise to meet back here whenever we're on leave together?" They would be under less scrutiny now. Still not as much freedom after the apprenticeship. After they became Dreadlords in their own right and ranked. But still. She wasn't as worried about being caught together. They weren't students anymore.

It seemed as if they just had to continue in secret for a few more months.

• Cheer
Hal weakly chuckled under his breath.

"Yes. Wow."

After a long pause, he raised both of his hands to her face with a smile, "I would like that."

Hal felt skeptical about making the promise. It was one that he was not guaranteed to keep. Little did he know that Selene would send him on several consecutive missions, giving him virtually no time to rest, let alone travel to their arranged spot. His fears would become a reality; he would not see Sierra for several months.

Though, at the moment, all he felt was a strange sense of safety and happiness with her face between his hands.

"I'm truly sorry that I doubted you."

• Yay
The wound of doubt was still open. Raw around the edges. It would take awhile for it to heal. Awhile until she could forgive Hal completely. She knew she would. How could she not with those eyes of his? His cool touch on her cheeks. His love for their baby. His heart that already had her own.

Fingers lifted to wrap lightly around his wrists.

“I know,” she responded quietly. It’s all she could say in the moment. And then.

“I love you.”

These moments were precious. Sierra knee they weren’t promised to meet again. They had dangerous careers. She hoped they both survived awhile longer.

• Love
He had much more to say, though now wasn't the time for it. An opportunity would certainly come. Hal felt delicate fingers against his own skin. He smiled at her response. Only he could see such a gentle, caring side of her. From the very beginning, he'd seen it. It drew him in.

Then came those three words. They echoed many times in his mind.

Hal closed what little distance remained between them and carefully pressed his lips to hers. Chapped and dry, yet also warm and homely. As always, the feeling of her lips made the boy feel as if he was dangerously close to completely melting away.

He pulled away, but just barely. He could feel her breath against his lips.

"And I you."

Last edited:
  • Love