Private Tales Songs of the Heart

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"No, it can't be good." Trahaearn agreed before listening to Ellis. "I mean, you can't use magick without some price. Exhaustion is the typical one." They traveled a little while longer before Ellis pulled them off to the side of the road and helped him down. They laid down and he explained the ley lines, something that Malice had already explained to him since she used them so often.

"That is a simple way of putting it yes, but..." Trahaearn informed him as he thought on his next words. "Ellis, by my pact with Mal, I am half fae. I don't have to think about it, I just, feel it when I touch the ground. You did a good job explaining though for as young as you are. How old are you by the way?" The comment about bees kept making him stutter on the task of trying to focus though. Selmi loved bees, strange that this ancestor would have also. Granted this whole area was known for its bee's and bee keeping ways, so maybe not that strange. The last bit of his words focusing on Ellis specifically, for he couldn't quite place his order in the lineup of brothers.

Mal and Joseph had done enough talking about them for him to recognize the names, but not the order they came in.

Ellis smiled softly. “I know you know, but the words are as much a ritual as anything else.” He told him. “I’ve always been able to feel ley lines, like my mother and her mother before her. Elda always thought Booker would inherit it, but I did. I’m thirty seven...bit old, I know. I’m the third oldest. Holden was first.” He stroked his hand over Trahaearn’s chest. He could feel it, the ley line just far away from them, thrumming, reaching its veins deep into the earth. He could close his eyes and reach out, and slowly touch them if he wanted to.

“It’s...my ancestor. She always had this connection to the fae. It was always with her. Her parents were there, but she was here. The story’s been lost in retelling, or so my mother tells me. She was sad, but...she had love, and children, and the bees.” Ellis said softly with a smile. “It’s from her we get our spirit. Just...lay here. Try and reach downward.”

"Fair enough." Trahaearn replied to the ritual comment. Means of focusing ones attention were always a good way to start, whether words, actions, or thoughts. All of them were important to a person when doing magic of any kind. Then explaining the order of the brothers, he gave a bit of a snort.

"You aren't old in my book, Ellis. You want to take a guess how old I am?" He halfheartedly joked before becoming quiet and focusing on the line that thrummed in the earth, his hand touching the land beneath the snow. The mention of his ancestor once more had him thinking. It wasn't out of the realm of possibilities for someone to have a connection to the fae out this far. He came from that small island after all on the other side of the world from the court.

He reached out in his mind to the line, and felt himself calm. "Your ancestor must have lived a full life."

Ellis smiled and rested his cheek against Trahaearn, closing his eyes. “A human growing up in the fae lands. Kind of like your girl, the faeries stole her. I’m not sure if she wanted to go or if she was taken. She returned out of the blue, away from her adoptive parents that she loved.” He said softly. “Must have been eight hundred years ago.”

He smiled softly and looked up at Trahaearn. “You’re still so handsome even if you are a little whiter. It makes you look distinguished.” He giggles a bit and played with Trahaearn’s beard.

The whole first half of his explanation sounded awfully familiar, and had his eyes drifting to Ellis's face with wary curiosity. So many similarities that could be drawn between the two, to many coincidences to not ask the question that suddenly came to mind.

"Do you happen to know your ancestor's name?" He asked carefully, not sure if he wanted the answer truthfully. If the Meier family was truly the descendants of Selmi, it would also explain the inexplicable pull the Mal had to Joseph. And also his to Ellis. It would have been hard to ignore the ones they had accidentally given life to, and granted magick to.

"The white must add to the devilish charm, and after four thousand, six hundred and seventy-six years, I would hope I look a little distinguished." Trahaearn tacked on his own age at the end, curious to see just how Ellis reacted to the reveal. He had dropped hints through their ride, but never truly said outright what his age was.

Ellis shook his head a bit. “I’ve asked my mother. She said it got complicated because our family was given fae names for so long.” He said. “So I don’t know what her name was. I just know she lived longer than a woman should, she loved the fae, and she had a connection with the bees. We get our gifts from her. She missed the fae lands but she forbid us from ever going there.” He smiled softly and giggled at Trahaearn’s age. He touched the man’s cheek and nuzzled noses with him playfully.

“You look very distinguished for your age. And very handsome.” Ellis chuckled.

He thought about the words, and would make a point to ask Elda about the families's predecessor, and try to find out more details. So far, everything seemed to point to an unshakable coincidence of Selmi being their ancestor. When Ellis touched his cheek and nuzzled him though, he broke away from the thoughts.

"Excellent. Though I am curious to see if I still have all my energy still." He said with a not so subtle nuzzle to Ellis's ear.

Ellis blushed a bit and smiled shyly. “I think you’re pretty energetic chasing after my brother and tangling with fae.” He joked. Having the man’s lips so close to his ear was making him shiver. He put an arm around Trahaearn’s neck. He wanted to be nearer to him. He kissed Trahaearn’s cheek softly. “I do like you....you’re a good man. Why haven’t you settled down in all those years?”

The words paired with the arm around his neck made him want. But the next question gave him pause. A physical stutter to all of his actions when the words came from Ellis as he tried to smile.

"Being part of the Unseelie court does not allow you to have a family. Tadhg was a good example of that." Trahaearn explained quietly, brushing a bit of hair out of Ellis's face. "Besides, I've had to lost two families in my life. I didn't want to risk anyone else's happiness on my selfishness."

Ellis nodded. “That must be why my ancestor left them. She always talked about her parents. Father was a warrior and her mother was a courtier.” He smiled softly at Trahaearn, cuddling up close. He leaned in and pressed his lips to Trahaearn’s, his eyes fluttering shut. It was a chaste kiss, inexperienced and light. “Sorry...” he blushed. “I’m not really sure how to go about this.”

He did want Trahaearn, it was more a question of inexperience. He’d kept it secret for a long time, and just settled on finding a man when he left the ranch...which had never happened. Something always pulled him back.

A small smile appeared on his face at the mention of Malice being a courtier. It wasn't a far stretch for either of them in description, but it was amusing to hear it so simplified. The cuddling was welcome, and while the kiss was quicker than he had liked, he understood the lacking.

"Ah, but you have a teacher before you to learn from now." Trahaearn teased him.

Ellis laughed and kissed him again, a smile lighting up his face. “Are you going to teach me? I’m ready for my first lesson.” He said bravely. He pressed himself against Trahaearn, looking at him with those big brown eyes. He wanted to learn. He hadn’t ever had the opportunity to ask questions. “Is it the same as with a woman?” He asked, playing with Trahaearn’s beard. He actually liked Trahaearn’s silvery hair. It looked very distinguished.