Private Tales Sierra's Storytime

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“Looking down at her fingers, Daisy felt it was time to get out. They’d gotten all pruny. Walking to the steps, she pulled herself out and quickly wrapped the towel around herself. Drying off her clean, warm skin.”

“She had to wonder if she’d be alive to use this place again. And then pushed those thoughts away. It wouldn’t be helpful to worry about that now.”

“Drying off, she slipped on the new clothes. She could tell they were made from the finest thread. They were the softest and most comfortable things she’d ever worn. But she was still glad to see her discarded dress still on the floor.”

“Daisy sat on one of the lounge chairs and tugged on her boots. Standing, she quickly scooped up the dress her mother had made her and clutched it to her chest as she made her way out of the pool room.”

“Storm was waiting with his back leaned against one of the outer walls. His eyes closed. They cracked open at her approach. She knew he must be able to hear more with those ppl Ted ears of his.”

“Rosetta will be showing you the rest of the castle, Storm said as he pushed off the wall. That blonde haired female from before turned the corner as if she knew she was being summoned.”

“Daisy frowned but did t say anything. They were all her captors. She shouldn't feel a certain way about any of them. If any of her emotions peeled through, Storm didn’t let on about seeing them. But he did glance down at the dirty dress she hugged.”

“A single white brow lofted on his skin. That should be thrown away, he rumbled.”

“No, Daisy blurted. Clutching it tighter.”

“It was clear Storm didn’t understand.”

“My mother made it for me, Daisy explained. It’s the only thing I have left of home.”

“It should at least be washed, the blond managed to pluck it from Daisy’s grasp. A low sneer on her face as her nostrils flared.”

“Be nice, Rosetta, Storm growled in warning.”

“Who me? She batted eyelashes that were anything but innocent at Storm. I’m always nice, she said with a wicked wink and held the dress up in disgust with two pinched fingers.”

“Daisy had to keep herself from lunging after it.”

“Storm hesitated as if he was truly worried about leaving Daisy alone with Rosetta. But his features smoothed out like polished river stones. With one final nod to the blond he turned and stalked away. Not even giving Daisy a second glance.”

“Well now little treaty breaker. Let’s go show you around more. Come along. Rosetta said as she strode elegantly down the hall.”

“Daisy imagined it wise not to piss off this female so she did follow. She paused at a side door and tossed the dress inside calling out in a sing song voice. Needs to be washed.”

“Daisy stared in the little room. Small beings worked with piles of other clothing. They were…brownies. She’d never seen them before. They were dressed in rags and kept their gazes downward.”

“A frown tugged Daisy’s lips. Rosetta was already turning the corner down the hall. Daisy hurried to catch up having no doubt the blond would just leave her the first chance she got.”

“Do keep up, Rosetta crooned. Would t want to lose you to the snobgoblin who patrols the halls. It gets rather ravenous at times.”

“Daisy gulped even as she felt anger rising in her chest.”

“I’m to show you the training grounds. Fat chance you’ll last long though, little bird. Rosetta sneered without turning around.”

“Daisy followed her down another set of stairs and back to the keep. Then toward the barracks. Rows and rose of bunks like the place stacked three high in some. But most were empty. It was hard to tell how many were occupied if at all because all of them had crisply made beds. Nothing was untidy.”

“Through the barrel case they went and out another door that opened into a sortie Lou covered training space. A circle was painted along some padded ground in the center. Bleachers lined either sides. And there were weapons wrecks all around. Filled with some of the beautiful weapons she’d seen the night before.”

“When they’d found and taken her. Turning, she barely has time to catch a wooden staff thrown at her face.”

"Rosetta looked disappointed it hadn't cracked Daisy's nose. Harumph, she sighed, holding a staff of her own, her other hand casually on her hip. Chin tipped toward the center of the space, where the giant circle was painted on the ground. Where it was slightly padded."

"After you, Rosetta purred to Daisy. Daisy's fingers tightened around the staff. And she was thankful she wasn't wearing the dress anymore. She walked to the center of the circle and held the staff, shoulders tense as she waited for Rosetta to make a move."

"Rosetta just circled her slowly, like a predator sizing up its prey. And it was clear she was not impressed. A tut left her lips. Girl, you do not even hold your weight correctly. You would be knocked over by the wind if you don't do better than that, Rosetta said. Have you never trained before?"

"Daisy shook her head. She decided to not say anything about her family. Better to leave them out of this. She wasn't sure with breaking the treaty if it voided this group from exiting the wood."

"Rosetta's face turned serious. And Daisy could see the warrior beneath the female. The hard exterior. Determined line to her jaw. Rosetta said gravely, the first time she heard a real seriousness on her voice, then we have a lot of work to do with little time to do it."

"Before Daisy could even think about cringing back, she was there, poking her feet wider apart with her own staff. A tight hand gripping her waist and positioning her body just-so. There, stand more like that, you want your weight lower and more balanced, Rosetta insisted."

"Daisy did as she was told. Feeling her muscles strain to adjust to what they weren't used to doing. Rosetta gave a long-suffering sigh. With a flash there was a resounding crack against Daisy's knuckles."

"OW! She yelped."

"You have to watch and be ready, girl. Come up, babes taken frest from the teet can do better than, that. Rosetta rolled her eyes and circled again. Another lunge toward Daisy. This time Daisy managed to move some. The pole still made contact and she was pushed backward but not on her fingers this time."

"I said watch! Rosetta hissed and lunged again. Another hit to her knuckles. Then a sweep and she was on her back, staring up at the sun high above. Rosetta jabbed the end of her wooden staff sharply into her chest. Get up, girl."

"Daisy glared up at her. She tried pushing the edge of Rosetta's staff away but she couldn't. It kept her pinned. She pushed again only to get knocked down again."

"I said GET UP. Rosetta growled."

"I'm trying! Daisy growled right back. A twist of her hips and feet and another sweep of her staff. But she was knocked down. Again. And again."

"If this is you trying, girl, I will gladly leave your sorry butt here so I can go get a manicure, Rosetta said. Not even one bead of sweat was on her brow. No fatigue or weariness on her face. Meanwhile Daisy was red-faced and her muscles already felt tired. Sweat did drip down her brown."

"So much for the baths, she thought idly as she hit the ground again."

"I need a break, Daisy breathed. Knowing her body was full of bruises. Rosetta just sneered down at her but she did finally take a step back. The female's staff still at the ready."

"You'll get a break when you earn one, she snapped. Get up again, she commanded. An impatient flick of her fingers."

"Daisy grumbled but did as she was told, struggling to her feet. Everything was beginning to ache and hurt. She reset her feet like she'd been taught. Tired fingers gripped the staff. With one steadying breath, she watched the blond closely."

"Rosetta lunged forward in a blur. Like she always had. But this time, Daisy was ready. Her back foot slid back, then a pivot to the side. Her staff snapped forward going for Rosetta's shoulder. Just as it was about to make contact, the female parried. and struck at Daisy's side."

"But Daisy was prepared for that, too. She had the bottom end of her staff upward, blocking the blow. A slide of her foot and she hit again. Parried. Hit. Parried Hit."

"Just when she was about to collapse from exhaustion, Rosetta pulled back. The tiniest smile on her face that wasn't cruel. For the first time."

"I suppose it will have to do for now, girl. Rosetta said. A long way to go but at least you aren't nothing. You have the rest of the day to yourself. Don't get lost and watch out for the hobgoblins. She finished. And her smile turned cruel as she turned away, throwing the staff so it landed perfectly back on the rack from where she got it."

"Daisy stared after the female open mouthed, at her retreating back. It wasn't until she couldn't see her anymore that she dared to sigh. And sag in relief. She forced her tightened fingers to relax around the staff. In stiff, limping steps, she walked toward the weapons rack and replaced her own stuff and a soft-clink."

"Daisy began to run through a series of stretches her father had taught her. Knowing she would feel this even more in a few hours. Looking around the training area once more, she made her way back out through those barracks."

"They looked the same as they had a few hours ago. Her stomach rumbled and she realized she'd just missed lunch. Might as well go back inside the castle and to the dining hall. If lunch was as good as breakfast. Her mouth watered at the thought. But as she exited the barracks there was a small little voice that whispered..."

"Pssst. Pst. Pst. Over here, it called out to Daisy."

"Daisy frowned and looked around. Not seeing anyone."

"Pssst. Near the bridge, it came again."

"She didn't think it would look the best if she was wandering around the bridge. Still. Curiosity got the better of her. Daisy began getting closer and closer to the raised bridge. There were railings on each side where she'd be able to peer down into the moat that surrounded the entire castle."

"Where are you? Daisy whispered the question to the air."

"Here. Come closer, that little voice whispered."

"Definitely coming from the other side of the railing. From the water? Daisy frowned and got to one of the railings. The one to the right of the massive raised bridge. She supposed the bars of her cage. The true borders of where she was allowed."

"Stepping carefully atop the first bar, her hands grabbed the second and she peered over into the massive swath of glistening water. The raised bridge created a shadow along the water. One that hugged the curve of the castle foundation and due to the positioning of the sun above."

"Daisy didn't see anything in the sun-glistening water. Eyes swept toward the shadows. She heard the voice coming from below. Again."

"Here I am. See me? It whispered."

"She peered closer and THERE. Just tucked into the border of shadow and sun along the water were those two golden eyes. Ones that seemed familiar to that which she'd seen in the dark wood. Those golden eyes that had made her want to get foolishly close."