Private Tales Seekers of Magic

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Varys

The Speaker
Character Biography
Link
A pair of feet dangled loosely from the edge of the wagon as it rolled across the old dirt path into their next destination, the young elf laying on top of the vehicle fighting the threat of sleep as the rhythmic thumping of the wheels against the rough ground played like a soft melody in his ears. The wagon wasn't his. It belonged to a Transmuter that he'd been taken on by as an apprentice, leaving his home of Fal'Addas and the street urchin life that came with it to travel from city to city and sell his employer's fireworks. It was a step up in life, for sure.

But the boy on the wagon, Varys, had his own reasons for travelling the world.

Varys wasn't like the other elves from Fal'Addas. He hadn't been born from a male and female Elf. He'd been brought to life somehow through other means. An elderly mage who'd lived in a small cabin far from the crowded town had created him. He'd brought in teachers to educate Varys, and kept him on a rigorous diet and exercise regimen to maintain peak physical condition. The only time he ever spoke to Varys was to give him his name. Even at a young age, Varys knew his father was planning something for him, something that he was preparing him for since his conception.

But before that could happen, the fires tore apart the forest around the cabin, and the cabin went along with it. The then-child Varys escaped to Fal'Addas, while the mage who'd made him did not.

He was alive now, free of the poverty stricken life he had endured until he was of age to leave. He should have been happy. So why was it that he still lied awake every night wondering why he'd been given life? What was the purpose behind making something like him? Varys, so bitter about a world that offered no explanations or answers to him, who'd never known the trust of another or the love of a relative, needed something to give him reason. He needed something to give him reason to be besides an apprenticeship.

The only clue he had was the 'Prism'.

The only thing that he was able to recover from the ruins of his childhood home was his father's notebook, scrawled in an odd language that he couldn't decipher. The only indication that it involved him was his name written in underlined letters on the second to last page, with a line connecting his name to to a strange looking crystal labelled 'The Prism'.

Whatever this Prism was, it was connected to him. It would give him answers. It had to.

Every city they passed through, Varys would take half of one day to explore the city, seeking out any leads that pointed to magical artifacts, or people who would have knowledge of such things. It was a minor delay in Jonathan, his employer's schedule, but he was willing to allow the delay if it made Varys more content travelling with him. Despite his lack of success so far, the word was beginning to spread that a young elf-man was hunting for artifacts from city to city.

Today was no different, and as Jonathan parked their wagon at a tavern just inside the cities walls, Varys slid from the roof of the wagon, boots hitting the ground with a soft thud. Jonathan had mentioned the name this place had, but Varys hadn't been paying enough attention. He walks around to the front of the wagon, rapping his fist against the side of the vehicle.

"I'm off to do my business, I'll be back by morning."

He wasn't sure why, but he had a suspicion that this would be the day he'd find something. His name was out there, people knew he was looking. With a little luck, and a sharp eye, he'd be returning in the morning with something more than tired legs and a hollow heart.

He just needed to run into the right people.

Farzad Oldsummer Namidre Dhendizad

• Cheer
Reactions: Farzad Oldsummer
Farzad wasn't sure how he got here. Quite frankly. Farzad was never sure how he made it to any destination. There was suspicions he was lucky. There were others the world warped to wherever it desired he be. And there was that one idea that something dark was playing with his reality and refused to allow him a moment's respite and clarity. And it was unfortunate, that he had pulled Namidre Dhendizad into his curse or gift he wasn't one to ever dare a guess. Guesswork was for mages and wizards. Answers were for explorers and adventures.

So he straddled along with Namidre,
"So. Nami..." He stuttered out. He wasn't quite use to a travelling companion just yet. He was use to inanimate objects and that one time he had a pet hermit crab. That died. Something about the wrong water and also Farzad not knowing it was in his rucksack. He was pompous in his strut his quarterstaff rolling in motion with metrenomed care.

Twirl. Roll wrist. Tap ground.

To others, it was obnoxious. To Farzad, it was nature nurtured nervously. On his forty-seventh tap he heard a hollow cobble, and he made an exaggerated step over it. Better safe than sorry. "Oops, careful Nami. That one, is loose." Whimsically he added as he continued to walk aimlessly without real direction on an empty rundown cobble path that lead into another one of the dotting cityscapes. It sprawled out wide, long walls made of elephant like stone and size, while snake like crags slithered through nick and noose of their weathered and wrinkled walls, all the while beneath the guise of ants. Long in the distance they sat, patrolled with bow and useless blade on another melancholy day. Ants that walked over elephant coloured walls that were being trawled through by incriminating snakes. This seemed fun.

"What are you looking to do today? Maybe galavante around the town which I think may be a city? Taste the local cuisine? I personally." He snapped his fingers turned into a point with a wide smile hidden beneath a layer of bandana and scarf, so only mystic eyes swirled with ancient incantations of energy showed through his visage. "Am planning on getting lost." He proceeded out from his egregious and almost beacon like bag pulled out a large sign that read,

Do you have money to spend? Maybe a few extra coins? Is it a last minute gift?

At least, on the front face, on the backface that didn't quite work since it was made for a man with no backpack and Farzad was woefully filled on that front, so as to have the backplate of his old tattered and wooden sign that was pilfered of stability with even the leather cord frayed into nothing more than a few weak and loose strands, said:

Than speak to me! I have all the perfect goods you won't find anywhere else! (Unless you follow me!)

It also had a small in finescript writing. It was worn and weathered to the point it mattered not. One part because the sign wasn't within a passerby's eyesight, but the other because he clearly needed to invest in a new sign.

"Oh. And trying to make some scrap and coin." He replied as he returned to his metrenomic motion as a wagon with an Elfboy passed by. he felt the tinge of magic brush through the air. His head knocked over to the side as he passed boy. He himself was passively oozing magic.

Both the arcane.
The ancient.
The deep.
The Primordial
T̴̡͈̱̻̈́̈͊h̶̨̙̮̹͙̼̳̝͖̗̼͔͕̐̋̓̈̓̅̐̄̓͑̒̔̅̕͜ͅè̴̡͔̠̘͕͕̩̮͎͚̺̙̲̇̅̕ ̴̜͖͒̊̂͌̈́͗̾̃̆̾̃͝Ȕ̵̻͌́̍̀̏͐́̌̉̆̚̕͝͝ṋ̴͙̱̜͖̩̜̲͎̟̲̱̟͚̎̌̿́̒̇̇̇͆͘͠͝ͅk̶̨̛͈͙͈̬̹̗͉͗̄̈́̆̏̔̆̐͆̈̒̂̕ṋ̴͙̱̜͖̩̜̲͎̟̲̱̟͚̎̌̿́̒̇̇̇͆͘͠͝ͅo̴̢͖̦̠̍̏̈̏̆͆̂̉͘͘ŵ̸̟̻͓͌̀͆̀̌̆͆̀̆͂͝a̴̱̥͉̦̗̺̺̔̑̃͐̽̓̓̈́̒͝͝b̵̬̭͈̦̟͔̱̈́͌̇͊̈ͅl̸͇͎̖̥͕̦̘̈̐͝ȩ̶͓͕̭̻̦̿̎̏͒̄͆̍̄̃͜ͅ

"Man. I have a good feeling about today. How about you Namdire? Excited?"

Last edited:
To say that her new travelling partner was odd was being nice. All of the strange, abnormal and downright wacky shinanigans he had dragged her into were mind boggling on so many levels. One thing was certain, he was limitlessly creative, and he some, if not frequently, surprised her by being even more creative or abstract in his thinking and approach than she had expected. At this point she had ceased to have expectations, since she knew that he'd blow them out of the water eventually.

She still hadn't been able to find someone to remove the collar those damn slavers had put on her. It was no big deal truth be told, it was just undignified to have a steel band locked around one's neck. But it gave no real hindrance, and had even saved her life much to her own frustration. To think that she owed her life to something that was intended to mark her as property, it was infuriating. But again, it was more of a personal deal than an actual problem, so she put it from her mind.

Farzad was about as goofy as usual, stepping over a loose cobble with an exaggerated step. She sighed and shook her head, amused.

"Not excited per se, but I'm definitely not glum. Besides, with you around I'm certain that something will come up. We'll be busy, I'm sure of it."

The optimism Varys had held thus far had been in vain. It was the same way as it always tended to be: This town either had nothing in the ways of arcane knowledge, or those that held such knowledge were far too tight lipped to indulge a young outsider with such a blessing. Attempting to charm something out of the patrons at the various taverns dotted strategically across every district had gotten him little more than dirty looks and very nearly a black eye. How somebody could confuse asking somebody for directions with complimenting the barmaid's assets was anybody's guess.

It was a local street peddler of all things that finally offered him some manner of progress.

He'd been returning to the inn where the wagon had parked early, scornful at the lack of progress he'd yet again been faced with. His hands tucked away dejectedly in the pockets of his jacket, the slight clinking of the necklace he wore against it's buttons doing a rather annoying job of keeping his concentration at bay. A small, stout human in a shack built on the side of the road called out to him.

"You that fellow asking around town about magic and all that?"

He stopped so quickly he nearly slipped on a loose stone. Without missing a beat, he spun on his heel and walked quickly towards the pudgy man. As thankful as he was for a possible break, his gaze turned steely.

"What if I am? Do you have something I might be looking for?"

He didn't know much about humans, but he was fairly certain they couldn't shrink. Even so, upon being approached so aggressively, he swore the man grew several inches shorter. He places his hands on the peddler's stall, calloused palms gripping the wood. "Don't play games with me, human." He spat out.

Shaking his head and regaining his composure a bit, the peddler gestured towards the inn Varys had been headed to.

"I don't know a thing about magic, but I would check the Twisted Reed Inn down the road. I just saw what must have been the oddest looking fellow I've seen in quite some time headed that way. Had a fancy staff too, definitely looked like the type to know about such things."

Varys had broken into a full sprint away from the peddler's booth before he'd even finished speaking, heavy footfalls echoing down the street, much less busy than it had been a few hours prior. It was a slim lead, and the peddler could have been lying, or simply decided to say something to get Varys away from him. Even so, he couldn't afford to take anything for granted, not when he had so little to go on already.

Turning the corner to the inn, he saw them walking down the street adjacent from the building. There was no mistaking it was this man who the peddler had seen; His hat was so gaudy and tall that you couldn't help wondering who the hell he was, coupled with the large pack he carried and the staff in his hand. Tilting his head as his stride slowed, he took a brief glance at the girl the odd looking man was accompanying. She was definitely less appalling to the eyes than he was, at least in terms of what she was wearing. It was the silver collar around her neck that caused a wary rumble in Varys' throat. He'd seen those before. He certainly hoped his only lead wasn't a slaver.

"Excuse me sir!"

He would wait for them to turn around, and then give the man the politest bow the angry young fellow could muster. He would also offer a nod to the woman. "Miss." She was an unknown, and slave or not, unknowns always made him nervous.

"My name is Varys. I know it's sudden, and a little brazen of me, but I was wondering if maybe I couldn't discuss something with you. You seem to be of a magical... inclination. Would I be wrong?"

Farzad Oldsummer Namidre Dhendizad

It was perplexing. Sudden. It was like being stopped by a bolt of lightning that hovered just a hair from him. Farzad's eyes blistered open, the swirl of magic a twisting tide as he looked back, blank faced if a little thrown off. He looked to Namidre, than back to the man. "Nami! Have you been cheating on me!" Farzad feigned shocked and appal, his free hand coming to cover his lips.

"Why did you never tell me you had a nickname!"
He stumbled back, a masterful, if clever ruse of his staff to hold himself up as he feigned a feint, "Woe is me to not be so close to know your nickname!" He continued to bemuse and whine dragging the joke just a little longer than it would've been socially acceptable. But it was clear he was having fun teasing Namidre, who he was thinking may have been his better when it came to social ineptitude. "And Varys! My dear Varys! How do you know her nickname!?" He cried before pulling himself back up, his hand straddled and dragged back up along his quarterstaff with guile and dexterity uncommon in most wizardly sorts. "And also hello~" Farzad chimed with a pitiful musical reply, his words more a tithe of tune than melody.

He took a stride forward as he observed the elf, closing the distance to the point he had to look up properly. At least a foot apart as he offered a hand, wrapped and coiled in bandages of ancient linen that lingered with both arcane marks and colour. "You know." He chimed, beneath the bandage wraps that were strung taught around his body that his mouth upturned. He was starting to remember the conversation. Magical... Inclination... "You've come to the best place." He drew a finger along his sign, as he looked down at it, "Oh shoot that's the wrong sign." He bemused emptily, dragging air through gritted teeth.

"Anyway what's up?"

He replied. Uniwzardly.

• Haha
Reactions: Namidre Dhendizad
It was perplexing. Sudden. It was like being stopped by a bolt of lightning that hovered just a hair from him. Farzad's eyes blistered open, the swirl of magic a twisting tide as he looked back, blank faced if a little thrown off. He looked to Namidre, than back to the man. "Nami! Have you been cheating on me!" Farzad feigned shocked and appal, his free hand coming to cover his lips.

"Why did you never tell me you had a nickname!"
He stumbled back, a masterful, if clever ruse of his staff to hold himself up as he feigned a feint, "Woe is me to not be so close to know your nickname!" He continued to bemuse and whine dragging the joke just a little longer than it would've been socially acceptable. But it was clear he was having fun teasing Namidre, who he was thinking may have been his better when it came to social ineptitude. "And Varys! My dear Varys! How do you know her nickname!?"

Namidre sighed and rolled her eyes at her companion's antics. She had come to expect things like this even in the short time she'd known him. She smiled, "oh stop. Miss is not a nickname and you know it. Now please, don't keep the poor fellow waiting."

That he didn't.

"And also hello~" Farzad chimed with a pitiful musical reply, his words more a tithe of tune than melody.

He took a stride forward as he observed the elf, closing the distance to the point he had to look up properly. At least a foot apart as he offered a hand, wrapped and coiled in bandages of ancient linen that lingered with both arcane marks and colour. "You know." He chimed, beneath the bandage wraps that were strung taught around his body that his mouth upturned. He was starting to remember the conversation. Magical... Inclination... "You've come to the best place." He drew a finger along his sign, as he looked down at it, "Oh shoot that's the wrong sign." He bemused emptily, dragging air through gritted teeth.

"Anyway what's up?"

He replied. Uniwzardly.

She giggled at this. "Don't pay him too much mind. Trying to understand him is a nightmare. This is Farzad Oldsummer, and I'm Namidre, it's a pleasure to meet you. We both are quite well versed in magic of various kinds. Are you looking for a teacher or advice? Maybe assistance? We'd be happy to help you out."

She didn't have the mannerisms of a slave. She was shy and somewhat quiet in her words, but not so quiet as to be inaudible. Nervous and shy but friendly, and Farzad's antics earlier weren't those of a common slave owner, nor did she expect him to strike her or anything for "speaking out of turn"

Despite his outstanding efforts to change the fact, Varys was inexperienced with people outside of his own home of Fal'Addas. Even as the eccentric man seemed to light up in response to his words, he found himself wondering how much he'd bargained for. He found enough difficulty communicating with normal folk, let alone ones that spoke like this. His face twisted in perplexion, the strange fellow's words, assuring him of being in the right place, were encouraging if not cryptic and difficult to focus on behind the rest of his mannerisms. . His eyes dart between the both of them, his forehead creasing with concern as his thin lips part. "I..." Words proved to fail him now, in the moment he needed them most. He felt his legs taking steps back on their own as he was approached. He wasn't sure where to even begin...

"Don't pay him too much mind."

So she wasn't a slave, she was a savior.

His shoulders, and the tension that had spread throughout the rest of his body, dissipated a bit as she more or less translated his words. He offers her a subtle look of gratitude, and brings a hand to his mouth as he clears his throat.

"Namidre. Farzad. It's a pleasure to meet both of you as well. Forgive me for the suddenness of coming up to you like this, I've been trying to find some help for quite a while. I guess I'm a bit excited at the idea of finally getting a lead

He tilts his head at Farzad, his eyes running over him quizzically. He'd hardly believed what he'd heard from both of them. They offered to help so readily, as though aiding a stranger without a second thought meant nothing to them. How was it that after being turned down by entire towns worth of people, these two were displaying such an apparent show of kindness? He bows his head apologetically once more. It was untoward of him to ask this of them, even if they were willing to help.

"And for my awkward reaction to your own response. Immature of me."

His hand reaches over his coat pocket, grasping something through it. Now that he was so readily being presented an opportunity to plead his case, he wasn't even sure where he could begin. There was so much that he could say, and only some of it was likely even relevant...

"I'm looking for a certain artifact. I believe it's tied to my birth." He was about to say more, however he thought better of it. These two didn't ask for his life story, they barely knew him. He shakes his head, chastising himself for being far too open before pulling out a notebook bound in navy blue leather. Gently opening the book as if handling something extremely delicate, he turns to the second to last page and holds it out to Farzad. Circled is a picture of a smooth, 6 sided gem with a line connecting to Varys' name. The word 'Prism' is scrawled beneath the picture.

Farzad turned to Nami and shook his head. "You gotta stop making sense of everything I say. It ruins the mystery of being all wizard-esque." His arms were wavy as if to exemplify a point that he most often did not seem to have. "See? And now he wants help? Now we'll never know how far he would have been willing to go." Farzad grabbed Nami by the shoulders and shaked her with comedic effort. "He might've offered us canddddyyyyyy" He was rather sincere on that point, his sweet tooth a boil and a crutch like liquor was to dwarfs and pacts to demons.

But as Farzad turned to his new client he cocked his head,
"Eh. You need to stop worrying. As someone as mature as myself," He clearly jabbed or at the very least proved his own ineptitude of self-reflection, "Gotta have time to be immature a little." And as he offered his jewel and gemstone Farzad extended a hand and put it back.

"Stop."

His words resonated.

They were sounded three fold.

In voice.

In mind.

In soul.

Arcane light glimmered and shuddered on his person. Only letting the duo hear his voice as his eyes vibrated with colour's unseen and unnatural to this world. There was that brief moment where his words were stung with serious tone, so rarely enacted upon by Farzad as he moved closer, "Eyes pry in light places. Ears to hear whispers upon walls and doors. The arcane carry scents to even the most mundane of noses." His tone for only a glancing few more seconds passed with dogged resolve before he relaxed. "Let's go find a bar. Somewhere slightly more secluded. Maybe a private booth?" He smiled as he looked to Nami, turning on a heel and pointing to the sky, "Nami! Quick! Lead on!"

• Haha
Farzad turned to Nami and shook his head. "You gotta stop making sense of everything I say. It ruins the mystery of being all wizard-esque." His arms were wavy as if to exemplify a point that he most often did not seem to have. "See? And now he wants help? Now we'll never know how far he would have been willing to go." Farzad grabbed Nami by the shoulders and shaked her with comedic effort. "He might've offered us canddddyyyyyy" He was rather sincere on that point, his sweet tooth a boil and a crutch like liquor was to dwarfs and pacts to demons.

She couldn't keep herself from giggling at his antics. He really was a weird one. She pulled away from his shaking her as she laughed, "stop it you. Besides, you ruin your own mystery by being so goofy, that is your own fault."

"Namidre. Farzad. It's a pleasure to meet both of you as well. Forgive me for the suddenness of coming up to you like this, I've been trying to find some help for quite a while. I guess I'm a bit excited at the idea of finally getting a lead

"It's no issue at all good sir." She said with a shy smile. "I know more than most about the excitement that comes with opportunity."

But as Farzad turned to his new client he cocked his head, "Eh. You need to stop worrying. As someone as mature as myself," He clearly jabbed or at the very least proved his own ineptitude of self-reflection, "Gotta have time to be immature a little." And as he offered his jewel and gemstone Farzad extended a hand and put it back.

Namidre rolled her eyes at him, he was mature so frequently that she couldn't help but laugh when he talked about it. Even so, this man needed help, so she and her usually immature friend would do so to the best of their ability.

"Stop."

His words resonated.

They were sounded three fold.

In voice.

In mind.

In soul.

Arcane light glimmered and shuddered on his person. Only letting the duo hear his voice as his eyes vibrated with colour's unseen and unnatural to this world. There was that brief moment where his words were stung with serious tone, so rarely enacted upon by Farzad as he moved closer, "Eyes pry in light places. Ears to hear whispers upon walls and doors. The arcane carry scents to even the most mundane of noses." His tone for only a glancing few more seconds passed with dogged resolve before he relaxed. "Let's go find a bar. Somewhere slightly more secluded. Maybe a private booth?" He smiled as he looked to Nami, turning on a heel and pointing to the sky, "Nami! Quick! Lead on!"

His tone turned serious and echoed as though coming from three mouths. It was unsettling when he did that. But his words rang true and she was commanded to find them an inn.

"Alright, come with me and I'll see to it that we get you what you need." She said as she walked ahead of them. They entered the inn not far from them and she got them a table, using some of the coin that they had gathered from butchered slavers and bandits, who were responsible for the collar that looped her neck.

He supposed he could admire the idea of keeping oneself young and playful at heart to avoid becoming jaded and serious. He knew a few people from his home who likely could benefit from the philosophy the odd man displayed. The idea of some of the haughty nobles in Fal'Addas meeting Farzad brought a small smile to his lips, and even as the man glimmered and shone, communicating with He and Namidre in a manner Varys had little experience in, he was calmed.

He'd seen a bit of magic from his own Master, and had been learning it himself. He nodded his head gratefully at Farzad's suggestion that they move elsewhere. It was rather reckless to speak of such things in the open. "Yes, you're absolutely right. If by chance you do know of the artifact I'm looking for, a more private setting would be ideal." He silently moves an arm to his side, gesturing for Namidre to take lead. "I will follow close."

As he moves in behind her, he tucks his silver hair behind his ears once again. He'd been too brash in his earlier efforts to acquire help. He saw that now. When people like these were so ready and able, not even requesting payment... Perhaps his anger had, as it was apt to do, gotten the better of him before.

Following them into the Inn, he recognized it as the one where his own companion were sleeping upstairs. Taking a deep breath, he was thankful nothing had happened while he was out. Last time he'd gone out on his own, bandits had attempted to accost him. Fruitlessly, but it was unsavory nonetheless.

"Really, Miss Namidre. Allow me to pay you back for the booth later. It's the least I can do for the two of you."

Farzad Oldsummer
Namidre Dhendizad

Oh good. He's paying Nami back.
Of course he's paying do you have any money?

I could always get a loan.
Would you pay it back.

I could always get a loan and skip town.
As is always the plan?

In fairness me. Sometimes the plan is just to skip the town to avoid the loan.
Fair point.

It was truthful in one of his infinite dialogues with the only man that came close to understanding him, himself. He had no money. He was in a horrible amount of debt and while he wasn't sure he'd been to this town before. He was fairly certain he had a debt here if only by way of statistics than anything else. Nami was rather quick though finding them an inn. Was that a good sign he had been here before? Maybe. But Farzad wasn't content with worrying about that. He had something ancient to observe.

So with a hop.

A skip.

A bounce even.
He made himself comfortable in their little booth. Hands clasped and interlocked as he put his oversized bag down to his side, pulling out some odds and ends. A few incense sticks, the room had after all the stench of cheap booze and cheaper men, and a few pieces of loose unbranded candy, one of which Farzad took little time to plop in his mouth and suckle like it was Ambrosia from Dark Gods. "So. What are we dealin' with? Arcane? Divine? Dark pacts?" He clarified both studiously and carefree, "Dwarf, Elven or other?" He continued, "Living, Dead or Undead?" He was starting to fire them off as fast as a Monster Hunter asked for coin. "Male or Female?" By the end it had become clear there was some taking the piss out of it all.

• Yay
Reactions: Varys
Really, Miss Namidre. Allow me to pay you back for the booth later. It's the least I can do for the two of you."

"No need my friend." She said cheerfully. She was happy to pay for the booth, and she even had some food ordered.

She sat down across from him and beside Farzad before she asked. "So what exactly do you need of us?"

The Farzad asked his own version of that same question and she was immediately under the impression that she hadn't asked enough.

When Farzad was done their food was set in front of then.

• Popcorn
Varys looked over Namidre with an eye that told her he'd likely be leaving some coins for her either way. He didn't like free help. Perhaps it was a bit of stubborn pride on his own part, but such was his nature. Still, he smiled at her and offered a nod of his head. Her kindness, to the point and direct, was an excellent contrast to the abstract bounciness of Farzad.

They made a nice team.

Now, his attention turned to Farzad, who seemed to be having an entire conversation to himself while sucking on a candy. He trusted Namidre's mental faculties, but he was beginning to wonder if Farzad could truly offer assistance.

His reservations aside, he had little choice but to put a small bit of faith in Farzad. He didn't have much in the way of leads. Once again, he opens the notebook to show him the drawing of the odd Crystal like artifact once more. His gloved hands treat the pages as one would a delicate creature, as if any errant movement would damage them.

"This. My Father called it The Prism. It's supposed to serve as a focusing point, to store or move something. What that something is, I'm not sure. All I know is it was involved in my creation. I wondered if you'd heard anything about it..."

He casually chose not to elaborate on the topic of his creation, and why he hadn't said 'birth'. The truth was that he hadn't been born, and that his Father had brought about his life in a way that he wasn't privy to.

He had to know why.

Farzad Oldsummer
Namidre Dhendizad

"Ahhh perfect. A picture." Farzad replied as he studied with particular care, his eyes were slow moving and dawdled, lounging over each and every scratch mark and inch of ink drawn with sophisticated motion. "Well. It was definitely drawn by Elvish fingers." Farzad resolved with steadfast determination before pulling out some form of lenses. It was a strange thing, not anything like the Lenses of Barr as much as he craved one for himself. No this was a simple glass machination that held different magnifications he used to admire the work.

"Tell me. Your mother, was she Elven or Human?" Farzad asked rather quickly as he looked it over with slightly greater detail as he flipped another lens down. The ink didn't look anything out of the ordinary, only from his own personal guesswork. The scent of magic lingered but far from indebted into the paper. "And your Father. Wizard? Artificer? Some strange combination?" He continued his words were slightly more despondent less inclined to the badgering of constant noise and talk he seemed so proficient in.

"I assume he wasn't a Scroll based user considering his font, ink or paper type." Farzad clarified before looking up, rolling over a few of the lenses as he looked to Nami, "Oh also write this all down please. Figure we should have some meeting notes. You know to look back on." Farzad stated rather quippingly. "I assume you don't have the Artefact in question on your person either no?" Farzad continued in ham-fisted questionnaire as he looked to Varys with his head cocked to the side.

• Thoughtful
"I assume he wasn't a Scroll based user considering his font, ink or paper type." Farzad clarified before looking up, rolling over a few of the lenses as he looked to Nami, "Oh also write this all down please. Figure we should have some meeting notes. You know to look back on." Farzad stated rather quippingly. "I assume you don't have the Artefact in question on your person either no?" Farzad continued in ham-fisted questionnaire as he looked to Varys with his head cocked to the side.

Swiftly she complied. She took out one of her sheets of parchment paper and began to write down Farzad's observations and Varys' answers to his queries. Other than that she didn't have much to offer unless it was prectical magic or smthe study of practical magics. Theory and deduction weren't her strong suit.

• Thoughtful