Private Tales Secrets Left Sealed

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Nairth San'Seya

The King of Spring -- Preservation Through Action
Character Biography
Link
The forests of The Falwood, the home of the Spring-- Such an everlasting fortress of nature; a final haven of untouched life that remained undaunted in the face of hastily growing civilization. In a world where new lands to explore and new air to breathe became less and less frequent with every passing cycle of the sun and the moon, that there remained a place where one could witness the earth as it was at birth was thanks only to the effort of the Fae who safeguarded this final bastion of purity from the corruption of the outside world. Those who traveled beyond the elven cities that dotted the tree-covered region could find the fruit of their effort, memories left locked away in the mist, pieces of history that remained only in song.

In its time, the great tower that sprung from the thick, misty treetops of the deepest forest's heart was considered a wonder of the world. Cherished by the Fae as a symbol of their prowess, worshipped by mortals as though the Gods themselves had planted it in the soil as an unbreakable connection between the realms of Heaven and Arethil.

The Tower in The Mist, or what was left of it, held a much greater significance to Nairth San'Seya, Ruler of The Spring; He'd been born in it's shadow, in the waning hours of the evening, in a bed of violet flowers that he preserved to this very day. This was where he'd met Illia, his lover. This had been where they joined one another for the first time of many, sparking a passion that would lead them to many children, and eventually, Nairth's own heartbreak.

Nairth was not dressed in the garb of a King as he approached one of the walls, reaching out to lean over it as he gazed at the crumbling and dilapidated Tower. His crown had been left at Grovehaven, and in the place of his gaudy robes of splendor were the modest cloth wraps of a simpler time, woven by his own hand long ago. San'Seya refused to return to this place as King. This sanctum, it was the only place he still felt as though he was himself, unburdened by the title of ruler.

The occasion for his return? An unusual one, to say the very least.

Again the Wild Hunt had come and gone, and once again it had introduced an interesting twist of fate, just as it had once before. A young Leannan Sidhe, a woman named Solenne had fought his eye. She was an interesting one, unlike many of the leannan he'd come to know in his time in the Spring. Solenne was mysterious, somewhat secretive when it came to herself, but what stood out about her was her thirst for knowledge of the unknown. No, not the unknown, but the known by few. The Leannan all fed off of specific things to thrive, and through his interactions with Solenne, it had become clear that her lifeblood was that of secrecy.

Nairth had danced with her, to the music inspired by this very place. It was pleasant, and the King, never one to turn his nose up at companionship, offered to show her the song's namesake. She could tuck this place into her collection of little-known secrets, and He could find some solace in her company, without the bothersome weight of rulership on his shoulders, even if only for a moment.

Before he left the Hunt, he'd given her the path, spoken to her the instructions. Now, he awaited the Sidhe, eyes staring solemnly up into the mist.

Solenne

• Smug
Reactions: Solenne
Her approach was quiet, slow, but until she was within view, her barefeet did not crunch against the grass, nor did her dress skirts drag behind her. She was dressed in all white, giving her inky black hair a stark contrast against olive skin. Her dark lips held a pleasant smile as she came to join the King of the Spring Court's side.

"Your instruction was easy and clear. Makes one wonder how they could not stumble upon this themselves." She turned to peer up at the taller male, lips stretching wider. "Hello, dearest Nairth." Those rust coloured eyes glistened with pleasantness before dipping her head in a bow.

"These are the famed mists that conceal your tower?" She inquired, turning those curious eyes upwards. Solenne had to crane her neck some to get a proper gaze towards the heavens.

Nairth San'Seya

Nairth continued to stare at the aging structure in front of him, his fingers running slowly through the valleys that dipped between every ancient brick that comprised it. Still, Solenne's voice did bring a small smile to his lips; even with his instruction, not everyone could find this place. He'd been right to believe in her.

"It is not a place that just any can approach. I have kept it under my protection for centuries, ensuring the outside world does not attempt to topple it before the hands of time do." He speaks wistfully, finally turning to look down upon Solenne with his golden gaze. It felt odd, to hear his proper name come from the lips of another in his own court.

Odd, but not unpleasant.

"I'm glad you came, Solenne. I've been looking forward to meeting you once more." Briefly, he looked over the pristine white clothing she wore, a fondness ringing in his voice as he so shamelessly added, "And you look divine, as I expected."

Of course, she was a Leannan. It was not a difficult thing to appear so ravishing.

Turning back towards the Tower, he gestured up to where the mist enshrouded the structure, taking a step to stand closer beside Solenne. "Not my mists. These were left long before I ever drew breath. It has always been a dream of mine to see what lies beyond them, to dance upon apex like the Gods in the story..."

Solenne

• Sip
Sweetness pulled at her lips as he complimented her, and she felt that strangely dark and coy allure pull her a step closer to the Spring Court King, just as he came to be by her side. He towered above her, but her neck was already craned to peer up at the Tower he so fondly told her the tale of last they met.

"Then are we here to achieve that dream? You are quite talented with dance, if memory serves me well." She turned her rust coloured eyes to him, blinking those long, thick lashes before the smile strengthened again. Solenne never showed her teeth, but a smile was enough to ensnare someone's attentions, and eventually be gifted with a prized secret.

Her hand sought out his, knowing it was near to her own. "Shall we see more of this Tower? Perhaps tell me more of the story, once more? I may have forgotten." It had been some weeks, and there was no harm in hearing it again to refresh her memory.

Nairth San'Seya

The King was no slouch at flattery, but Solenne proved herself to be quite the smooth talker as well. The way she so effortlessly stole his hand, summoning memories of the dance they'd shared during the Wild Hunt festivities, reminded him a bit of his own wiles, especially before the crown stole so much of his time.

All in the pursuit of secrets, he was certain.

"If only such a feat were within my power." Nairth bemoaned, again gazing wistfully up into the mists overhead. Dancing atop the tower with her would be a wonderful experience indeed. A shame that it could not be so. "The tower has no entrance, seemingly no way of scaling it. For all of the power that I possess, flight is not one of them. I have never truly seen the top with mine own eyes, only the stories paint my visage of it."

In all of his time, he'd tried to ascend it in a multitude of ways. When he was only a juvenile he'd attempted to climb the wall himself, hoisting himself to the summit through brute strength alone. When that failed, he tried to employ the birds to help him, but even they could not find the top.

As Solenne slid her hand into his, he squeezed it gently, a fond, nostalgic smile crossing his face as he led her on a walk around the base of the tower, the grass soft and invitingly warm beneath their feet. "I've climbed to the treetops of this forest, and even from the tallest branch the top of this tower is enshrouded in fog."

His head turned back to his company, a fond warmth in his eyes as he briefly recounted what he'd told her earlier.

"The top is where two Gods were said to dance endlessly. One, a God of Peace and Love. The other, a God of Hatred and Violence. They competed endlessly, each aiming to outlast and outperform the other. The intensity of the dance shook the land beneath, shaping the mountains and oceans, forming the world as we know it today."

On one side of the tower, there was something carved into the stone. The letters were faded and worn, but seeing them made Nairth stop in his tracks for a moment, a somber recollection on his face as he regarded the markings.

"In the end, they both realized that they could not win. They were exhausted, physically and mentally. The dance had lasted for so long, and they had come to know each other so well, that they instead fell in love. They joined upon the tower's summit, bringing a balance of good and evil, of peace and war. Their union ensures that one never outweighs the other."

Solenne

• Aww
Curiosity and wonder fell back into her in waves, remembering the tale he recounted to her as they danced to the song played in honour to such a story. Solenne's free hand lifted to the faded letters, fingers tracing them. "A memory for you? Or is this a clue, that perhaps we may get to glimpse the top of this tower?"

The smaller fae turned to look up at the King, who stood well over a head taller than her. She could be sure the top of her head barely reached his shoulder, but peering up at him gave picture to a somber face.

Solenne squeezed his hand, dark brows furrowing slightly as full lips pressed into a line. Her eyes swam in molten hues as she watched him.

"I feel a connection to the story still, you see Nairth. '...ensures that one never outweighs the other.' I like to think of yourself and I to be like that. We have a dance of our own... you know what it is that delights me, but instead of trapping me into servitude, you have inspired me with a dance and a tale. Company, to get to know those in the Court I reside in..." She canted her head to the side, dropping her glowing eyes. "Perhaps... for such kindness, I can repay you with loyalty. I can become your confidant, and in turn, I can tell you the whispers said in the darkest, quietest corners of your court."

He would know her hopefully by now to believe she was not one with cruel intentions, and in fact, this deal was meant to give her purpose in her solitary life.

"A memory, indeed. One old and meaningful." Nairth reached out to gently brush his thumb across the engraving, a faint smile briefly crossing his lips as he gave a small shake of his head. Meaningful, yes, but it no longer held power. The bond this marking once signified was long dead, buried underneath the Castle of Grovehaven.

"I made this mark, when I was young." The King turned toward Solenne, The hand not holding hers crossing over his midsection. "This is where I professed my love to my late wife. We would come here almost every day, being abhorrently unproductive for hours on end..." San'Seya's eyes were cloudy with recollection as he turned them up into the clouds. Now, the ancient site was more of a grave to his gaze than a monument; a summoner of gloom and melancholy rather than wonder and amazement.

Yet somehow today did not seem so cloudy as the fog would suggest.

That tale had a sad ending, so he was more than happy to allow Solenne's musings to clear his head of such somber thoughts. It was true that Nairth could have easily subjugated Solenne, having discerned what made her tick. However, the gratitude she expressed for his restraint was really quite unnecessary. It was not the way of the Spring to stifle and shackle life. To trap the Sidhe would be an affront to his tenants.

"Loyalty is yours to give, not repayment. There is not a reality that exists in which I would take advantage of the desires of a Leannan. That quirk, that hunger for the unknown, is what makes you who you are." Nairth smiled, warm and comforting, lighting the murky day above. "Had I known that you lurked among these trees, aimless and alone, I'd have sought to help you blossom long ago. As ruler of your home, I seek to make it feel just like that-- Home."

Solenne

• Bless
The Leannan smiled too, as if his own were the sun upon her petals.

"Well then," she brought their connected hands into the warmth of her other, holding his larger hand between her own as she lifted them to her chest. "Will you still have me? Show me the realm you preside over so that I may know this home you wish I can call my own?"

Her home was amongst the trees, away from others, where she could be free and natural. Not hidden, not living in a tremor of paranoia that they would still take her wings. No longer part of the safety and support of her own kind, Solenne was left to fend for herself. She had even tattered her own wings to keep poachers from prying them off her own back and gain riches from it.

"I think I can be useful to your Crown, King of the Spring Court." Solenne's soft, lilting voice had a natural ensnarement. "You surely know that I do not require the same sating as the others of my kind, that a little information will be enough to enlighten me. I can swear it, if you'd like."

Nairth San'Seya

When Nairth had first met Solenne, he'd been drawn in by her beauty. Even during their first conversation, he had not been shy about his hedonistic lifestyle. The last year had been a tiresome and lonesome one, and the companionship of a Sidhe, especially a Leannan, was an enticing cure for his melancholy.

The King had taken the time to think and consider his actions between then and now, however. Solenne gently clasped her small hands around one of his and brought it to the warmth of her chest, and lust was not what came to San' Seya's mind. Not immediately, anyways.

"It was never in question, Solenne. You are of Spring. You belong here, and you will always have a place with me, be it under my care or in my service." Solenne was not like her kin, but that did not mean she would be treated differently by Nairth. She held a beauty all her own, unique from her other Leannan. So long as she wished to remain in his presence, he would allow no harm to befall her. "As for your use to the crown..."

The King's other hand raised to brush some of the long, raven locks from her face, his thumb trailing across her cheek as the golden amber of his eyes pulsed and glowed under the thin sunbeams that pierced the fog above them. He leaned in, bringing his face in close to hers, and turned her head so that his lips nearly grazed her ear.

And then, he told her a secret.

"There is a way to reach the top, and I have the key."

Solenne

• Ctuhlu senpai
It was as if the King of Spring knew how to tantalise a Leannan after secrets as he brushed away the hair covering her ear, whispering so softly so that only she may hear it: a secret he kept from her.

Her heart swelled at the idea, the very thought exciting her blood that she warmed. Her hands squeezed over his, still pressed against the pale flesh of her chest. "A key?" It was difficult for her not to sound intrigued, but the Duannan male had some such an excellent job of keeping her on her toes, and that was beside their height difference.

But he had bowed down enough that his face was beside her own, and perhaps this were the closest she had been to stare into those golden warmed ambers he was gifted with peering from. Her own pale rusted pinks swirled, entranced by their close proximity. "Well I must now insist on seeing the view."

Nairth San'Seya