Private Tales Secret Serenity

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
There was no will within her to resist the gently nudging of his hand to tilt her face towards him. She didn't think it was possible she would ever be able to refuse something of him again. Her eyelashes came down against her high cheekbones casting sharp shadows across the lower half of her face as his lips brushed across hers in a tease at first. His words, a promise, were sealed with the searing heat of his second kiss. His hand on her neck and the way his thumb just grazed her jawline had a soft sigh escaping into their embrace.

Her free hand came up, her knuckles gently grazing his jaw before she tangled her fingers in the hair at the nape of his neck. Even if he hadn't said anything, Caliane was certain of his emotions and intentions in that moment and she hoped he could feel the same from her. A small noise escaped her throat.

There was much he could say in this moment. Many words flooded through his mind, but in the midst of the two of them nothing could be made coherent. Only his desire. His tightening grasp, gentle but firm. His pressing into her. The low growl in his throat, responding instinctually to her whimper, negating any thought - for a brief, beautiful moment.

Then he remembered, and realized where they were. Perhaps it was those traces of his telepathy, listlessly reaching out to ensnare wayward thoughts or intentions... he felt eyes on them, and his duty managed to override his... want.

And then, carefully and softly he pulled his kiss away, but stayed ever so near. Again his lips brushed against hers with almost unheard words falling along the tune of his contentment, "there are perhaps... too many of eyes here," he said, not yet opening his own.

• Love
Reactions: Caliane Ruinë
When he pulled back she gave a soft huff of a protest though her breathing suggested she had been in desperate need for air. Her pulse was a roaring in her ears that she barely heard his words over the top of. But heard them, she did, and so with reluctance she loosened the grip she had on his hair and ran her hands slowly down the back of his neck and across the sweep of his shoulders. She luxuriated in it. The feeling of him so close, the softer kiss a balm to the fire he had stoked within her soul. Finally she managed to nod to show she had heard and understood what he meant.

"Is there anything else you want to see here?" her voice was a whisper thick with emotion. Caliane did, however, manage to open her eyes after another few moments to collect her thoughts and they drifted over his face to capture every line she could and squirrel it away in her memories. Whilst she selfishly wanted him to herself she understood what a rare opportunity this was for one who was not of their kind. If he wanted to experience it to the full she wouldn't begrudge him it. "There's games, dancing, crafts...."

"There's games, dancing, crafts...."

"...mmm yes."

He opened his eyes, and they did not waver from her. His hand came around, brushing again just along her jaw before his palm pressed down against her chest. There was a compulsion to shake his head, a denial of the pull that tore at his center toward her.

"There is nothing else I would rather see..."

He could not tear from her from his gaze, his thoughts unable to be parted from her...

He stood, taking her hand in his and pulling her to her feet. His arm tucked behind her back, sliding his palm smoothly around her, brushing his thumb along the underside of her wings. And he pulled her close.

"There is nothing else I need."

His eyes flicked to one side, his half smile returning.

• Love
Caliane tilted her head slightly into his hand as it ran along her jaw, pressed a kiss to the inside of his wrist before he lowered it to her chest. She thought he must be able to feel the way her heart hammered against her rib cage for it felt akin to a drum to her. For a moment they sat there, staring at each other. It seemed that both of them were under no illusions as to what they really wanted to do right now which was to have a moment truly alone again. It was nice to spend time with him enjoying the atmosphere of the town but she craved that feeling they had had in the meadow. Of not having to worry about prying eyes.

He stood and she flowed up with him, a soft laugh escaping her as his arm snaked about her waist and pulled her flush against him so he would feel the shudder than ran down her spine at his touch against the underside of her wings.

Gods that look.

"One more surprise then,"
she murmured before reluctantly stepping from his arms and taking his hand instead. Her pace was different this time as they walked a little way along the mountain side, the town to their left further down the slope. It wasn't until they were almost beyond the town border she began to lead them down a pathway. Sheep shuffled out of their way as they passed. They followed the curve of the mountains side and then a lodge appeared. Half of it was built into the rock face of the mountain itself and then the rest with wood. There was a porch and ontop a rail-less balcony where Avariel clearly landed to enter on the second floor of the lodge.

"My family own it, but my mother plans on going back to Thyasari tonight to be with my father. I was going to stay but I guess there's room for another," she slid him a sly smile before opening the door and ushering him inside. Inside wooden panelled walls gave way to smooth rock. The ground floor was one large room with a hearth at the centre of it, rugs and skins covered the floor to keep the warmth in. A set of stairs chiselled into the wall led up to the second floor landing. She let go of his hand to make her way over to the huge fireplace and after throwing on a few logs, rubbed her hands together then blew on them, sending flames crackling up the wood. She straightened once it was truly roaring away.

"One more surprise then,"

His eyes scrunched just some at her, and his arm moved allowing her the freedom to back away from him. His hand pulled against her as he ran it across her side before letting it drop to be taken in her grasp. And again, he followed her. And with each step it was like his chest beat louder. The excitement in his stomach churning harder with every breath. And too... this distance from the others. It quieted him, but so too did it stirr within him a riled fervor - an acute awareness, focused solely on her.

A glance to the structure and back, the sight of it causing a sudden but fleeting pause in him. It was an almost picturesque scene, and from the second story he imagined himself standing, looking out at...

"My family own it, but my mother plans on going back to Thyasari tonight to be with my father. I was going to stay but I guess there's room for another,"
He caught her smile, and followed after it with a playful but almost... predatory stare. Her smile provoked something in him he found difficult to subdue, and as she stepped in through the door he resisted his urge to follow quickly after her. But he did reach out to graze the back of his hand against her wing as she passed before he followed in, stifling his step.

He watched, taking a brief look around at the surround before bringing himself again near to her. His face became warm, taking in the sight of her leaned forward, blowing a firey kiss into the hearth to ignite a prosperous blaze.

He gave her little more than the chance to straighten up, and his hands again found her. One behind her back, the other pulling her waist to turn her to him. His face dove down into the crook of her neck. He placed one light kiss, before he ran his nose up so that he could whisper into her ear, "I've thought of nothing but you...you..."

He ground his teeth, turning his head placing another kiss there on her cheek, "...If I could only tell you..."

• Love
Every touch against her wings was a delight. Caliane had only ever been with another Avariel and so she had been uncertain as to how he might react to her wings. Some held them in reverence, others with confusion. He had simply taken the information in his stride and explored the nuances of it. After the past few weeks and the trouble they had caused her, even driving her to the point she had wished them gone, this acceptance was a soothing balm against any concerns she might have had.

A soft laugh escaped her as she felt his hand against the small of her back and the insistent tug against her hip to spin her from the flames and to face him. It petered out into a soft hum when his lips brushed against the crook of her neck and she pressed her body closer to his. One hand came up to cup his cheek and hold him there, her head tilting ever so slightly in the opposite direction to give him freedom to explore.

"Erën..." his words had her turning her face towards him to catch his gaze. Now it was her turn to pour her emotions into that look, to let him know that he was not alone in that and he too had been a constant in her mind. "You can tell me anything, is that really still a doubt?" the hand that cupped his cheek slid down to his jaw to tilt his face more towards her so she could rest her forehead against his. Her eyes closed. Of course, sometimes words were hard to form in moments such as this. "I have a small confession of my own," she admitted, hesitant, shy. Slowly she bit down on her bottom lip as she toyed with the words in her mind. The only sounds were their shared breaths and the crackle of the fire. She looked up and caught the sight of her feathers once again in his hair. Her hand lifted from his cheek to run her thumb down its soft edge. There was something right about him having it, wearing it, that stirred feelings in the pit of her stomach. Finally she found the courage to seek out his gaze and hold it.

"Erën, I'm afraid I've fallen hopelessly in love with you."

Last edited:
With her turning her head away, he planted sweet kisses across the skin she offered, deeply breathing in her scent all the while. She turned to him, and with his eyes closed her voice came to him like a soft breeze in his ear, hushing away his thoughts. Then he met her look, and the depth he saw in her eyes brought a feeling into his throat, nearly stifling his breath. It was almost intimidating: the fire he could see in her. It almost challenged him - threatening to loose in him something he was... unfamiliar with. But it seemed so right.

Guided by her touch his head leaned in to hers, and in the wake of those first words he too kept his silence, closing his eyes with her. And he held her, quieting his breath to hear hers. His fingers ebbed to pull at her, teasing to her the depth of his desire.

He felt her searching, and his eyes crept open to see her.

"Erën, I'm afraid I've fallen hopelessly in love with you."
His eyes softened, and one of his hands slid up her side, again coming up to hold her neck as he had before, "there is nothing for you to fear, Caliane..." he whispered, edging closer, "...it is far from a hopeless love..." He held her eyes a moment before pulling her lips against his, pressing softly against the small of her back.

Last edited:
  • Love
Left alone with her thoughts and the echoes of that vision for the past few weeks had afforded Caliane ample time to toil through the problems this relationship might give them. There was the issue of their lines of work, of the differences between their people, the fact she had seen him die in their next big struggle against some monstrous evil. And yet...

"...it is far from a hopeless love..."

As he looked at her, his hand on the side of her neck in a possessive yet gentle hold, and his words... she could think of none of them. None of them mattered anymore. She gave a small nod of understanding to what he said. A nod of agreement. For once, Caliane wanted to be selfish and put her own emotions and wants and desires first. He didn't need to add too much pressure to the small of her back to urge her closer to him. She pressed the front of her body flush against his torso so that soon there was no space for even light between them. He was just tall enough for her to need to tilt her face upwards for their kiss and as their lips met she gave a soft blissful sigh. Her hands slid around the back of his neck, her arms resting across his shoulders as she rocked on to the balls of her feet as if the extra height would afford her the ability to press impossibly closer to him. Now she had spoken what had been on her mind and he hadn't dismissed them and reduced this connection between them to something purely physical the last thread of hesitation she had had was gone.