Private Tales S.A.P.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“I don’t know about the flower, and since you said that it had no meaning for you werewolves… hmm… maybe this is not about werewolves, maybe we are seeing this on the wrong side… something crossed my mind… it is just a theory though, but… you once told me that it was a witch who offered you those marks, so maybe… since you can see the flower with a power granted by a witch, could it be that this mysterious lady it’s a witch herself or whoever is leaving this flowers behind?”
"Your theory is not that crazy now that I think about it. Blue Lights are powers given to me by a witch. If I see this flower with Blue Lights, then it could be that the witch has something to do with this. Maybe if I can track her down, force her to answer some questions about what kind of power are these. Though... I can't remember enough of that witch, she had a mask on. I know it is a 'she' because of her voice. It was months after my bite. I can't remember that much. Maybe if I can try hard to remember what happened back there... urgh, the only thing I can think about is how can I get those memories back...." he thought hard, then something popped in his head. He sighed "The only way I can think of getting those memories back is if I look into my forgotten memories. And the only way to achieve that is... hypnotism. Speak of the fucking devil." Jaken placed his hands on his waist, walking around the roof, thinking on what he had said, it was already an awkward situation with the whole 'losing-trust-with-Kiara-with-hypnotism' thing. Bringing this up was probably the worst thing right now. But it was the only way he could think of.

“Anyway where are we going now? Back to the motel or you want to do something else?”
"Well, I won't like it, but we need the time. Time is gold, we need to see if this witch has something to do with these, thus, we need to retrieve those lost memories. Therefore..." he sighed "Hypnotism it is. Unfortunately, I know someone that knows about this." he carried Kiara in his arms "Here we go again."

With that, the werewolf ran to the left, jumping through the roofs and sprinting through the darkness of the city. He had to reach an old building he wished he never had to go back again, but this was the only way to get information as soon as possible. And information was a key thing to get right now, the more information he had, the easier it would be to get clues and put this thing to rest.

After some minutes of sprinting, the werewolf reached an old hut, outside of Elbion, but not entering the woods. It seemed to be in a rural/abandoned area. Jaken let Kiara on the ground. "His name is Gerald. Don't let his appearance fool you." he said as he walked towards the door "He is not that good interacting with new people, don't worry. He's inoffensive, you could easily take him down. He is a human. Wizard and hypnotist. Might be able to get this memories from me." he knocked the door. Then, a human opened it, he was medium-sized, with a grey beard, he looked strong, but he was as defensless as an ant fighting a boot coming to crush him.
"My goodness Jaken." the human yelped "I told you I don't like seeing you in your wolf form."
"I kinda don't have time to go back for my clothes. I'm here for a favor. You owe me, after all."
"Indeed. Who is your friend?"
"Not now. I need to go back to a place in my past."
"Hypnotism?"
The wolf sighed "Yes... hypnotism."
"Very well, please come in." Gerald walked in.
The wolf turned back to Kiara "Well then... let's hypnotize me." he walked in.

As Jaken mumbled to himself, while walking around the roof, Kiara just observed, following him with her eyes, hearing what he was saying, until the werewolf had an idea.
"Well, I won't like it, but we need the time. Time is gold, we need to see if this witch has something to do with these, thus, we need to retrieve those lost memories. Therefore..." he sighed "Hypnotism it is. Unfortunately, I know someone that knows about this."
The elf remained in silence, it was clear that the wolf didn't even liked his own idea, but it was not her place to decide to begin with, and she couldn't even help this time, since the spellsinger didn't even had any spells of that nature. Being picked up by Jaken, Kiara could just wonder <”Where are we going this time? And who is this person that he speaks about?”>

Few minutes later both were in front of an old hut, the werewolf put the elf on the ground, saying while walking at the door's direction.
"His name is Gerald. Don't let his appearance fool you." "He is not that good interacting with new people, don't worry. He's inoffensive, you could easily take him down. He is a human. Wizard and hypnotist. Might be able to get this memories from me."
Kiara was right behind him, a second later someone answered the door and greeted the wolf, the elf moved a bit to the side, trying to see the source of the voice, appearing from behind the huge werewolf. Then the elf saw, it was a human wizard, medium-sized , with a grey beard and … he looked strong. Kiara was impressed, usually mages trained more their intellect than their bodies, and as a result, mages usually had a frail body in comparison to fighters, but this man … <”Is he really a wizard?! And he is inoffensive to whom? How can I even take him down!?”> Seeing a new face the wizard ended up asking.
"Indeed. Who is your friend?"
“I’m sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Kiara, I'm Jaken’s friend” she simply said. Then the wolf addressed to her saying that it was time.
Kiara just looked at him, was he really ok with this? The elf only followed behind him, she was a bit nervous. She could not have any hypnotic spell but she perfectly knew the outcomes if such spell went wrong. People could end up losing part of their memories, or get lost on their own minds, or worst, untrusting mages could implant false memories, and it wasn't that hard to accomplish that, or even give subtle suggestions accordingly to their wishes. But for sure Jaken knew what he was doing, right? If the werewolf trusted the human, then she also would, besides, this could be a chance for her to learn and expand her knowledge on this matter.

Last edited:
As the trio walked through Gerald's hut, the wizard explained: "If you want to go back to this moment of your past, you need to tell me what should I tell you once you are in trance. A time, a location, all those references. Once your mind has gone there, you should be abe to tell me everything."
"I guess it makes sense, after all, I haven't told you a lot about myself. I need to go back to a forest, few months later after I got bit, age 16. Mention a witch and 'The Marks of Runes', that should give my subconscious a marker to where to go. Assk how does she look, and write everything down, I want the most precise information."
"Ok, but the writing down thing will cost you a bit more."
"Really?"
"My hypnotism services are only to get help people with some things, not writing their problems down. If you want someone to write this down, go see a therapist."
Jaken growled, then looked at Kiara "Write everything down, I want the most precise information, don't let any word slip away, got it?" the wolf ordered.

The three of them made it into a room Gerald had led to. It was a big room, dark, with candles lit, an open window giving a space where the smoke from the candles can escape

"This is where we will do it. Lay down over there." he pointed at a small, old and fragile bed nearby. After this, the human and the werewolf looked at each other with disbelief "Or maybe go sit over there." he pointed at the corner.
"Yeah, I think it's better." he answered immediately, the wolf took a seat, and relaxed.
"Ok, listen up. I will put you in a state of trance, you will not be able to control yourself. Your body and mind will be... 'off', shall we say. You won't react to any stimuli and you will be almost asleep, but not exactly. Remember that you will be completely vulnerable, like an open book. Are you sure you want to proceed with this?
The wolf thought for a bit, looking down, closing his eyes, then looked back at Gerald and nodded "Yes."
Gerald nodded back
"Ok. I will give you instructions that you must follow. First, look into this objecct I will put in front of you." he placed a ring with strings crossing it, making secants and chords all over the ring. The ring was dangling with a string on a square "This will only affect the one who is staring into it. That is, you." Gerald looked at Kiara "You might want to look away from this. Of you look into this, you might be affected by it." then back at the wolf "Ok. Let's begin. I need complete silence. Jaken, please look at the center of the circle and try to focus on my voice."
"Let's get this over with." he stared into the center of the wizard's ornament. Gerald took a deep breath.
"Now Jaken." he said in a soothing tone "I want you to relax. I want you to breathe deep and slow. I want you to put all thoughts away. Just focus on my voice. My voice, and my voice only. I want you to stare into the circle and listen to my voice. You should be able to feel relaxed soon." and he did, Jaken's body started to relax eventually, his muscles slowly began to relax, but his still conscious enough to be aware of it "Soon enough, your eyes will become heavy and your muscles relaxed. Let the circle carry you away into a trip of relaxation. Keep focusing on my voice." the relaxation spreaded all the way to Jaken's upper body, and his eyes struggled to remain opened. Yet, he was conscious "You should start feeling drowsy. Wanting to fall asleep. Don't let it happen, not yet. Stay with me, don't let yourself fall asleep. Now, I will count from 10 to 0, in each number you will feel more relaxed and sink into me, letting my voice carry you away, and when I snap my finger you will fall asleep... 10, your body becoming more relaxed, your muscles resting... 9, your respiration becoming slower, deeper... 8, your eyes becoming heavier, struggling to keep them open... 7, your consciousness fading away, preparing to go to sleep... 6, feeling so relaxed and so good... 5, all thoughts fading away, turning into nothingness... 4, my voice becoming more dominant in your mind... 3, everything around you fading away, sounds, smells and sensations disappearing and being replaced with relaxation... 2, falling deeper and deeper into your mind, slowly falling asleep... 1, you reach the peak of relaxation when you suddenly-" Gerald snapped his fingers "-fall asleep."

Jaken obeyed the wizard's orders, he immediately, closed his eyes and went to sleep, he experienced peace and pleasure "Jaken." Gerald started "In this moment, you cannot move your body nor react to anything. My voice being your world. Your body and mind belong to me now, and I can do whatever I want with it. I need a favor. I need you to go back to the forest, few months after getting bit. You are back at age 16. You are walking alone in the forest, with no one by your side. You are lost and scared, until you encounter someone. A witch that offered you 'The Marks of Runes' Can you see the witch?"
"Yyyyyyyeeeeeeesssssss...." Jaken grunted softly.
"Good. Get closer. Approach the figure. How does it look like?"
"Grrrrr.... rrreeeddd cape, colored dresssssss... a mask ooonnn...."
"What does the mask look like?"
"A tttthhhhheeeeeaaaatttteeerrrr mask. It hassssss a flower.... a golden flower....."
"Be more descriptive on her appearance."
"She hhhhhaaaaassssss a mark on her aaarrrmmm: a circle, a triangle ooooovvvvveeeerrrrr it, a square innnnnsssssiiiiiddddeeee the fffffiiiiirrrrrssssttttt circle, with aaaannnooooothhhher circle inside the square..... toooooouuuuccccchhhhhiiinnnngggggg the triangle's sssssssiiiiiiddddddeeeesssss...."
"Is she talking to you?"
"Yyyyyyeeeesssssss....."
"What is she saying?"
"I can make yyyyyoooouuuuu stronger.... seeeeeeeee thhiinnnngggsss no one elsssseeeee caaaaaaaaaannnn.... nitzxo kirlmaun ormajt wilao"
"What does it mean?"
"I ddddddoooonnnn'tttttt know."
"What is she doing now?"
"Ssssssshhhheeeee touches mmmmmyyyyy hhheeeeadddd, mmmmmyyyy bbbbaaaaacccckkkk hurts, and I passsss out...."
"What else can you remember?"
Waking uuuuuppppp.... iiinnnn ttttthhhheeeee forest. I ffeeeelllll ssstttrrrrooonnngggeeerrr.... my bbbaaacckkk is aching."
"I think that's all you need." he said to Kiara "I will wake him up now. Unless you want to ask him something. He is an open book now. He will speak the truth, no matter how dumb your question is. However, you would have to tell me your questions, as his mind will responf to my voice. If you want to ask him anything, then ask me all the questions you'd want to ask him."

While the wizard led the way speaking to the werewolf, Kiara just followed, looking around the hut, curiosity taking over her, until the wolf’s voice called her attention.
"Write everything down, I want the most precise information, don't let any word slip away, got it?" the wolf ordered.
Kiara sighed, nodding her head before speaking “Then give me the writing supplies please” she simply said, taking the materials from the wolf. Why was he giving orders? Since when they had gone back to stage zero, when he would only order her around? Couldn't he just ask as usual? <”Maybe he is nervous”> this was the only excuse that the elf could think of in order to explain the wolf's behavior, unless … he really had loss his trust on her, Kiara just shook her head, she needed to focus, and right now was not the greatest time to think things over, she could ask him about this matter later on.

Entering on a big dark room, only illuminated by candles, everyone took a seat. Kiara got everything ready, placing the supplies she would need to write, a blank page, the quill and the ink. In no time the wizard started to do his thing, warning her.
"You might want to look away from this. Of you look into this, you might be affected by it."
The elf nodded her head, moving her eyes away from the ring and placing them on the wizard, giving him her full attention, this would be a great chance to learn, since this would be the first time she was witnessing someone being hypnotized. Sure she had study and hear the theory of the process, but actually see it, this would be the first time. Kiara was so concentrated in the wizard, soaking in every single detail, the words, the tone used in his voice, Jaken’ reactions, it was amazing! This man really knew how to do it and soon the wolf was in trance.
Then she placed her attention in to the blank page, soaking the tip of the quill into the ink getting ready to write.
The only sounds that could be heard now were the wizard’s and wolf’s voices and the quill moving skillfully in the paper, writing down gracefully every single word, it was not difficult at all, Kiara was used to write fast, since during classes some teachers wouldn't even bother to slow down so the students could follow them, so if you were not fast enough you would just fall behind and get lost during the extended explanation. After a few question, seemed like it was done, but then the wizard turned to Kiara saying.
"I will wake him up now. Unless you want to ask him something. He is an open book now. He will speak the truth, no matter how dumb your question is. However, you would have to tell me your questions, as his mind will responf to my voice. If you want to ask him anything, then ask me all the questions you'd want to ask him."
Kiara’s eyes widen, she then stopped moving the quill, the spellsinger lifted her head, looking at the mage with a shocked expression. What was this man saying?! And why was he saying that to her?! It was true that this would be a unique opportunity and most likely she would never had it again, she had a lot of questions and doubts clouding her heart and mind. This could mean she would have a chance to know the werewolf better, know if he really trusted her, or even know if he felt the same way as her... Kiara had made her mind, her face now turning a bit serious and her voice showing a hint of disapproval while speaking to the wizard.
“I don’t know that is your deal but he trusted you! So how can you even say that? If you do this to all your clients then I advise you to stop … Besides, it may be true that I want to know more about him, or even get answers to my questions, but not like this! I would never take advantage of his current state, I would prefer to hear it directly from him, when he is conscious, even if I don’t get the answers that I’m hoping for, or don’t get it at all, even then, it would have much more meaning to me than this. So I have to respectfully refuse your offer …”
Kiara moved her head to look at the black werewolf, her face soften, a sweet smile appearing and her voice speaking on a gentle tone, giving the elf the most lovely look, maybe it was due to the dim light casted by the candles, or was just the combination of everything, the elf finally said “So please bring him back, I miss him already.”

Last edited:
"Suit yourself." Gerald said, then looked back at the werewolf "Now Jaken, I will wake you up now. I will bring you back counting from 10 to 0. In each number you will slowly regain consciousness. Every number I count will bring you back. When I snap my fingers you will wake up from this trance. 10, feeling your consciousness slowly rising... 9, my voice slowly becoming less dominant in your mind... 8, your consciousness lifting, like a soul being separated from the body... 7, the muscles slowly reacting... 6, starting to feel your surroundings... 5, your senses coming back... 4, all sensations becoming stronger... 3, your eyes becoming lighter... 2, my voice is nothing but a whisper in your ears... 1, you have finally reached your body and mind when you suddenly-" the wizard snapped his fingers "-wake up."

The werewolf obeyed the orders, he opened his blue eyes, now in control of his body and actions. He groaned, strecthcing his body and scratching his head. He looked at Kiara "Hey." he said "Hope you didn't made me do something stupid." he chuckled.
"That would be 200 gold coins." Gerald said.
"Yeah, yeah, I'll pay you later. What did you get?" he asked Kiara, taking gently the piece of paper and reading it: "Nitzxo kirlmaun ormajt wilao? The hell does that mean?" he shook the paper in disbelief "A mask with a flower... a GOLDEN flower? Is it the same from all those times?"
"What those times?"
"Doesn't matter. We got what we need and we will go. Here's your payment." he thre a sack of coins to the wizard "Bye Gerald." he said, stepping out of the hut and analyzing the notes. What could the strange language mean? What language was it? Or was it only gibberish from the witch to make him believe that there was something magical going on al those years ago? He did not know. The only way of knowing for sure is by seeing if this actually meant something. Something that might lead them to a new clue. Could it be a secret phrase? A secret spell lost in time? And how was the flower linked to all of it? Was it linked at all? Or was it just mere coincidence?

He looked back at Kiara "I think I'm out of ideas. I have nothing else in mind. It is pretty late. The way I see it, we have two options, one, head back to the motel and get some rest. Or two... we could enjoy the night. Go out for a run. I have energy. What is your choice?" he patted Kiara's head.

"Hey." he said "Hope you didn't made me do something stupid."
Seeing Jaken finally waking up and greeting her, made the elf happy “Hi” she said giving a smile “What do you think?” the elf said in a playful tone, joining the wolf’s joke, teasing him while giggling a little. The werewolf moved closer to her, reaching for the notes and reading it.
"Nitzxo kirlmaun ormajt wilao? The hell does that mean?" he shook the paper in disbelief "A mask with a flower... a GOLDEN flower? Is it the same from all those times?"
“I do not know, I don't understand this language, as for your next question, it could be, but there is no way to confirm it” The elf said with a troubled face, once again, whenever they found new clues, new questions would follow right after.

In the end, werewolf and elf made their way out of the hut, saying their goodbyes to the wizard. Once on the outside, Jaken looked at Kiara, making her stop.
"I think I'm out of ideas. I have nothing else in mind. It is pretty late. The way I see it, we have two options, one, head back to the motel and get some rest. Or two... we could enjoy the night. Go out for a run. I have energy. What is your choice?"
While Jaken patted Kiara’s head, an idea crossed the elf’s mind, a playful smile appeared on her face and her eyes sparkled in anticipation. Then the elf just asked “How fast can you run?” turning on her heels and dashing at full speed into the woods, but not before making a swift spin, right in front of the wolf just to tease him, while giggling like a child, running away once she saw him making for a run, a chase game. They deserved a night of fun after all they have been through.

Of course the elf knew that even with her elven dexterity and speed it would be difficult to outrun Jaken in his wolf form, so she used a little trick, wind magic, every step that Kiara took, the moment her feet touched the forest floor, a wind would spread from them, propelling her forward, increasing her speed and making her jumps farther, indeed a clever move. The spellsinger had her magic power full so it shouldn't be a problem to maintain the spell. This was the reason why she loved elemental magic, and why she had choose to devote herself to this art of magic, there were no limits of what you could do, the only limit was your own imagination.
While the elf ran and jumped through the forest floor, leaving a trail of floating dead leaves, lifted by the wind, she would occasionally look at her surroundings, seeing the huge black wolf following her, while he jumped and vaulted from tree to tree. Kiara kept running, trying to dodge Jaken, avoiding him, so he wouldn't catch her, the elf used trees and other nature elements as a cover or by simply making a tight turn, changing her direction.
Suddenly little petals surrounded the elf, lifted by the wind the elf had created, Kiara just stopped, realizing where she was now, in front of her there was a huge glade covered with little white flowers and a pond right on the middle, reflecting the moon and the stars on the water surface. She couldn't believe on her eyes, it was so beautiful, the spellsinger cancelled her spell, it would be a shame to just blow away all the flowers. Swiftly she entered the field, trying to not step on the little flowers while she made little jumps, turns and spins, seeming like she was dancing, happiness taking over her. This was way better than being locked up on a room. Then she looked back at the path from where she had came, calling the werewolf and seeing if he had followed her there.
"Jaken, look! How beautiful this is!" Kiara said turning with a gorgeous smile on her face, while her eyes scanned the area looking for the wolf.

Last edited:
“How fast can you run?” turning on her heels and dashing at full speed into the woods, but not before making a swift spin, right in front of the wolf just to tease him
"Oh, is that so? GO! I'll give you 10 seconds of advantage, I want this to be fun." as the elf made her way through the forest, the werewolf started to count slowly. The farther the elf had time to run, the more fun it would be to hunt her down "- 7, 8, 9, 10. READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!!" Jaken howled to the sky and started sprinting after her.

The wolf suddenly saw himself surrounded by trees and the smell of them. It was peaceful, especially by the little activity the duo were doing. A little chasing around the woods. It seemed that the elf liked the idea, because she was into it. The wolf noticed that the elf sprinted as fast as she could, using the momentum of landings to propell herself forward. Maybe all that running he did during the forest and city travel gave her an idea on how to use physics to her advantage, that's how Jaken thoght it was. He used his muscles at their maximum potency, propelling himself to gain more approach to Kiara. For the sake of making the chase more interesting, Jaken used the nature around him to his favor: using the logs of trees to jump off them and gain a major lenght from the jump, rolling on the ground when impacting the ground to gain more momentum at the time his body finished the roll. Some branches allowed him to swing himself and connect with several jumps in other branches. He knew he could easily trap the elf, but he let this game continue for some time. They deserved it after all the bullshit they had gone through. The werewolf would sometimes tease her with phrases such as: "Is this the best you got?" "I'm getting closer...." "Poor elf, running away from a powerful werewolf." "This is a warm-up for me. Give me a challenge!" "Try using your sleeping spell on me to gain distance because I almost GOT YOU!" Sometimes he would overtake Kiara without her ever noticing, instead of pinning her to the ground in that moment, he let him run past him.

Eventually, the elf stopped in a clear. It was beatifull. A green area covered with white flowers and a ppond in the middle of it. It was marvellous. A place for relaxation. A place that was the definition of 'calmness' and 'peace'. And he had the perfect view of the clear. He was on a tall branch, giving him a full view of it. Now that he had a place on mind, he knew where to bring Kiara when they seeked for a place to rest or enjoy the moment. He heard the elf calling him. She was not aware of her presence. Perfect.

"Jaken, look! How beautiful this is!" Kiara said turning with a gorgeous smile on her face, while her eyes scanned the area looking for the wolf.
"Yes. It si beatiful." he looked at the elf, launching himself to her, catching her and rolling her on the field, spreading flowers and lifting them on the air. He finally ended the rolling with him on top, pinning Kiara to the ground, forcing her hands to the soft grass. He panted due to the exercise they had just made "Especially when there is a lonely prey wandering on her own. At the mercy of a werewolf." he laughed.

He breathed slowly, getting some air back. He calmed down, still giggling. Then, he leaned on her slowly, closing his blue eyes, and finally connecting with her lips.

He went for another kiss. On this one, he did not feel uncomfortable afterwards. He liked it because now he felt more confident around Kiara.

He enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Kiara had just called for the werewolf, her eyes still scanning the area looking for him.
"Yes. It si beatiful."
The moment Jaken replied, the elf turned her head at the sound’s direction, her eyes widen in astonishment, she didn’t even had time to locate the place where he had been hiding, her view got completely blocked by the image of a huge, black werewolf, launching himself to her, catching the spellsinger by surprise. Both rolled on the field, spreading and lifting on the air little white petals. He ended up on top of her, trapping the elf between the flowers’ bed and his massive body, pinning her hands to the soft grass. Kiara looked at his blues eyes, the werewolf was panting due to the little chase game, having the night sky as his background, for a regular person this would be a horrific nightmare, a powerful beast pinning his prey to the ground, leaving them defenseless, but for Kiara it was the opposite, her chest moved slowly while she breathed calmly, everything on him was so alluring to her, even the starlit sky seemed to enhance even more the wolf features.

"Especially when there is a lonely prey wandering on her own. At the mercy of a werewolf."
Hearing the wolf’s comment, a smile appeared on Kiara’s face “Yes… looks like I lost this time” she replied in a sweet tone, giggling right after him. When both finally calmed down, everything went so quiet once again, the elf had her eyes locked with the wolf’s and on her own little world there was nothing more, only Jaken and him alone. The elf then saw him leaning slowly on her, she didn't fight back, simply closed her eyes, surrendering herself to the wolf, in the same way she had done on the prior night, back then, Jaken had stolen her first kiss, he didn't even knew that, and once again she was at the werewolf’s mercy.

As their lips connected, the elf’s cheeks gained a soft pink blush, her heart beating faster now, and all the emotions she had suppressed being released once again, she could feel her strength abandoning her body, she would never get enough of this sensation, the way he made her feel. Werewolf and elf enjoyed the moment, sharing the kiss.

Eventually, they broke the kiss, Jaken withdrawed a bit from her, sensing the wolf backing off Kiara opened her eyes looking once again to the bounty hunter. This proved to be a bad move… suddenly all her fears and insecurities broke free, running loose inside of her, clouding her mind and heart. Questions such as, should she confess her feelings for him? Or, did the kiss had any meaning at all to him? What if he didn’t felt the same towards her and end up rejecting her? She was huge mess. Kiara didn’t want to loose Jaken’s friendship, but… friends do not kiss each other, so what was their relation? She didn't dare to ask, fearing his answer, maybe the werewolf was only enjoying the moment and this didn't mean anything to him, but for Kiara this meant so much! All these doubts crossed her mind in just a fraction of second, and without even notice, the elf had intertwined her delicate fingers with the wolf’s claws, her serene face gained new contours, her eyes turning into pleading ones and with her voice almost in a begging tone, she managed to whisper.

“Please… don’t run away again.”

Last edited:
As the werewolf and the elf kissed, Jaken could feel that he was really falling for her. She was the first one that Jaken kissed and enjoyed it. He felt something igniting in his chest. As if his soul was born again. After many years of keeping a 'tough guy' attitude and being hostile towards others, he knew for sure that Kiara could bring him back. Maybe not entirely, but she could dig some parts of him from the grave he had been buried on the same night that his family died. He just had to let his feelings go into the kiss. His body had wasted energies on the chase game, but this kiss made his energy go back to his body, as if both exhausted bodies (Jaken's and Kiara's) shared the little energy they had left and managed to recharge their bodies, yet, Jaken felt his body relax. All the tension of his muscles dissolved into peace and calm, love. The kiss continued for a moment, Jaken enjoying it and caressing Kiara's soft hair, wrapping her with his fur, keeping her safe with his presence. And the environment could not have been better. A peacful place, with the purest of all petals they could have found. They deserved it, after all the things they've gone through: more than one assasination attempt, Kiara being cursed, Jaken almost dying to keep Kiara and Hellius safe. After everything they had to endure. They deserved this peaceful break.

Finally, Jaken separated himself from Kiara's lips, staring down at the pure eyes the elf possessed. They were mesmerizing. He could lost himself in those beatiful eyes. And for a moment, he DID fade away from reality annd sinked into the elf's eyes. Her pure sould could be seen through those eyes. Her soul trapped in this situation. It was a deadly situation, one that could end with a life in less than a snap. They have been lucky until now, better keep it that way. He would protect her, and teach her how to defend herself, although, she had proved that she is capable of doing such thing. Maybe he could teach her some tricks that might be useful when she gets cornered. If that ever happens, that is. They had to go over Jaken's defeated body to corner her. That would NEVER happen. Kiara's words brought him back to reality.
“Please… don’t run away again.”
The wolf could not help but to chuckle under his breath. "Nah." he said "No, I think I feel more comfortable now." he kissed her again "If I licked you, like all canines do to kiss, then I would have gotten uncomfortable." he laughed.

He swung his body to Kiara's right side, laying with her in the grass, inhaling the air and exhaling it slowly, enjoying the smell of the flowers and the elf. That smell gave away something that Jaken had never smelled before, but he knew what it was: safety. He smelled safety in the air. That made him smile. He looked at the sky, at the stars, at the moon. It was full. It was a full moon night. Jaken would see this night as a normal one, but with what just happened, it was a different, it was a pleasant one. A night he would never forget. It is said that the first kiss will always stick to you. Right now, Jaken believed that. The duo remained laying on the grass, Jaken looking into the infinite dark sky, with his arms crossed behind his head "You know what happens in a full moon?" he finally said "In us werewolves? Some werewolves succumb to their wolf instincts, those who do not have control of the beast, or haven't harmonized with it. They become mindless beasts for one or 2 nights a month. They hunt everything that moves and has a beating heart. Going from animals to humans. Werewolves who DO have control of the beast would become more powerful. Almost an unstoppable beast. But I am different, maybe because of that witch that gave me The Marks of Runes. My senses are enhanced. I can see, hear and smell better. And my mind becomes more serene. I don't feel angry or uninterested. I feel that everything will be ok. But do you know what the best part is?" he turned to Kiara "I have been in peace, way before this night. And it's all the same constant: you. You are the constant of my peacefullness. Thank you." he exhaled peacefully "The legend says that normal wolves would howl a song to it: to the moon. To let other wolves know that they are still there and alive, to those who are far away, to those who they love.... and those who are not here anymore. The song is a way of saying that they are near their home." he sat on the floor "That they must walk a bit more until reaching safety and comfort. A place where they could rest nearby those who they love the most."

The werewolf inhaled deeply and howled to the sky. From the werewolf's throat, out came a prolonged howl. A loud, deep howl that echoed throughout the forest, maybe getting to the city. As Jaken howled, he could feel the wind crashing softly with his black fur. The howl lasted long before eventually lowering in volume, becoming a whisper with the wind, and finally dying in Jaken's mouth.

"No, I think I feel more comfortable now."
Kiara was thinking on what the werewolf meant with, feeling more comfortable. What was that even supposed to mean? Maybe if Kiara was an outsider, just watching the situation she would get the whole picture, but… being inside and part of it, was another story. She was to naive or innocent, or it was simply too hard for her to understand and get it. She didn't want to rise false hopes, besides, the wolf had always told her that it would never happen, them being more than friends, that’s it. So as in a sort way of defense she wouldn't understand or see things clearly, unless he explains her with all the words and letters, only then she would get. Still the elf didn't had much time to process the information, since Jaken kissed her again, this time catching her off guard, Kiara blushed, blinking her eyes once he separated from her again.
"If I licked you, like all canines do to kiss, then I would have gotten uncomfortable." he laughed.
Hearing Jaken’s comment Kiara couldn't hold it back, she giggled, all her worries being washed away, only him to make her laugh on that moment, brushing away all that complicated feelings. This was it, Kiara could understand others feelings if she putted some energy into it, but her owns, she was always insecure about them, she would chose the safest path, avoiding unnecessary pain. This was what she was doing in some sort of way, although she loved Jaken, on her mind she already had convinced herself that her place was and will always be as a friend, refraining herself. This way the fall would be less painful, as they use to say, the higher the rise, the harder the fall. There was no need for that, it hurt so much has it was right now. Kiara would endure all her suffering, if it meant she could be close to Jaken. Right now, she would just enjoy this little moments, forgetting what would happen by the time Jaken decided to leave.

When both finally calmed down, the wolf laid on the grass besides the elf. Kiara slowly took a seat position, in a lady like manner, seating almost on her ankles, resting them on the left side of her body, making her body tilting a bit to her right, resting her right hand on the soft grass, giving this way some support. Meanwhile, the elf looked down at the werewolf, seeing him breathing slowly, she took a hair's lock that had fallen on her face, tugging it behind her ear, smiling a bit while looking at the relaxed wolf.
She would remember this night for the rest of her life, the kiss that both shared, her feelings, the wolf features, and this beautiful place now full of meaning. Kiara would burn this deep inside her mind, so she would never forget each and every single detail.
"You know what happens in a full moon?"
Hearing Jaken’s voice Kiara returned to her senses, after storing this precious memory inside her mind and in a very special place on her heart. She remained silent simply placing her attention on him, sensing he wanted to say something more, he then continued.
"In us werewolves? Some werewolves succumb to their wolf instincts, those who do not have control of the beast, or haven't harmonized with it. They become mindless beasts for one or 2 nights a month. They hunt everything that moves and has a beating heart. Going from animals to humans. Werewolves who DO have control of the beast would become more powerful. Almost an unstoppable beast. But I am different, maybe because of that witch that gave me The Marks of Runes. My senses are enhanced. I can see, hear and smell better. And my mind becomes more serene. I don't feel angry or uninterested. I feel that everything will be ok. But do you know what the best part is?"
Kiara was listening carefully to his explanation, taking in all the information and processing it, then she glanced at the moon, it was indeed a full moon, she didn’t have acknowledged it, not until he pointed that out.
So werewolves would exhibit different behaviors during full moon, it was an interesting fact, also a bit scary. Jaken was not the best example of a werewolf, since he was not aggressive or mindless, and imagining others stronger than him, it was hard, since he was already a powerful beast. Kiara would keep that on her mind, in case she would run into another of his kind, she really hoped not, maybe this was the reason that made him so unique. In the end Kiara just shook her head in denial, she didn't know what kind of answer he was looking for, the wolf turned to her.
"I have been in peace, way before this night. And it's all the same constant: you. You are the constant of my peacefullness. Thank you."
Kiara eyes widen a bit, her cheeks gaining a soft blush once again, she never expected to hear that. Deep down on her heart she was delighted, at least all her trials had some meaning, in some sort of way she was able to light Jaken’s burden, giving him some peace. This was enough for her, this was the reason she needed too endure all her bittersweet feelings until the end. Until he had no more need to keep her around, she would endure all of it, if that meant Jaken would be happy.

A gorgeous smile appeared on Kiara’s face, she couldn't hide how happy she was after hearing his confession, she then spoke in a sweet tone, shaking her head a bit.
“No, you don’t need to thank me, I did nothing that deserve a thanks, but I'm glad that somehow you feel that way near me” Kiara then saw the black wolf also taking a seat, speaking once again.
"The legend says that normal wolves would howl a song to it: to the moon. To let other wolves know that they are still there and alive, to those who are far away, to those who they love.... and those who are not here anymore. The song is a way of saying that they are near their home." he sat on the floor "That they must walk a bit more until reaching safety and comfort. A place where they could rest nearby those who they love the most."
It was the first time that the elf had hear the legend, it was beautiful but also carried a deep meaning behind of it, feelings. Kiara moved her eyes from the wolf and placed them on the moon <”A way to show that they are still alive…”> she thought. On this very moment Kiara heard Jaken howling, she closed her eyes, burning his howl on her memory, so she would always remember the sound of it, it was a prolonged and deep howl. Perhaps it was his way of showing his parents that he was still alive, that he had come this far, even though he was alone. This was what Kiara thought, the meaning of his howl, a way to show to the world that he had endured all his trials, that he was still there...

The loud howl echoed throughout the woods and caught someone's or something's attention, it quickly dashed to the origin of the sound, lurking and hiding on the dark shadows, behind the trees. A pair of red eyes, the same creature from the previous night, keeping a close eye on the interesting scene, then it just creeped its way out, blending into the darkness.

Last edited:
As Jaken's howl echoed through the woods, he felt on how good it came out of his throat. The air passing by his throat, his vocal chords doing the perfect movements to give out that deep howl Jaken was working on until finally decreasing into a whisper, then, into a memory of the forest. He closed his eyes, absorbing the action he had done. It felt good. The howl was pleasant. He loved howling at the moon, but this felt different. He looked at Kiara and smiled at her, caressing her hair, but then, something popped in his head "I don't want to go yet." he spitted "I want to stay here with you. In this place, right here, right now. But I guess we'd have to go back eventually. When I transform back into a human, I'm naked." he nervoulsy laughed "And I don't think you want to see that. Errr, I don't know what I'm saying anymore. Maybe it's the influence of the moon, making me more laid back. " he chuckled "I should probably shut up already." he laid back on the ground, crossing his arms behind his head again.

"To be honest." he started again "I don't know what to do. I want to stay here all night, and enjoy your company. Just lay down, enjoy the peaceful environment. You picked the perfect place to rest."

Both, werewolf and elf, didn’t even realized that they were being watched for a brief moment, they were too immersed on their own little world, in this perfect bubble, where there were no worries or dangers, just the two of them.

When Jaken’s howl finally faded into the night, Kiara opened her eyes, the night sky appearing in front of her. She then looked at the werewolf, he had his eyes closed, as if he was enjoying what he had just done, still the elf could feel the howl’s resonance her chest and hear the echoing throughout the forest, indeed a powerful howl. A moment later Jaken locked his eyes with her own, smiling at her, she couldn’t help it, a sweet smile appeared on her lips returning the gesture, she loved seeing him smile like that. As Jaken caressed Kiara's long platinum hair, the moonlight shined over her smooth hair, reflecting a soft silvery glow, making some of her hair locks seeming like delicate strings of the most pure silver, the bounty hunter then spoke up what he had in his mind.
"I don't want to go yet." he spitted "I want to stay here with you. In this place, right here, right now. But I guess we'd have to go back eventually. When I transform back into a human, I'm naked." he nervoulsy laughed "And I don't think you want to see that. Errr, I don't know what I'm saying anymore. Maybe it's the influence of the moon, making me more laid back. " he chuckled "I should probably shut up already." he laid back on the ground, crossing his arms behind his head again.
Kiara turned her face to the side in an attempt to hide how flushed she was, indeed it would be a very awkward and embarrassing situation for both of them. Luckily Jaken realized what he was saying and fell silent, relaxing once again on the floor. She couldn’t be more grateful to that, maybe if it was another person hearing the wolf’s words it would laugh at the situation, but the elf was too innocent and pure. Then he spoke, making the elf turn her attention to him again.
"To be honest." he started again "I don't know what to do. I want to stay here all night, and enjoy your company. Just lay down, enjoy the peaceful environment. You picked the perfect place to rest."
“No, I didn’t pick this place, it was just a fortunate coincidence, I didn’t even know that this place was here or even that it existed, but… I’m glad that we found it, maybe it was meant to be, I mean find this glade or we were just on the right place at the right time.”

Kiara lifted her head, looking at the starts once again while giving a little smile, remembering that she had said something similar on the very first day she had met the bounty hunter.
She didn´t believed on fate, for her, everyone had the power to change their own destinies if they really wished for it, but sometimes it looked like some stuff were bounded to happen at certain and determined occasions, as if fate was doing it little work, or maybe it was indeed just a pure coincidence, but who knows…

Jaken had laid back on the ground, with his arms crossed behind his head and with his eyes close, enjoying Kiara’s presence, meanwhile, the elf was still sitting by his side, humming a little song while picking up some flowers and intertwining them, making a little flower diadem, Jaken was not aware of this, since he was just relaxing and enjoying her soft song. Few minutes later she had finish, inspecting the diadem for any flaws, smiling a bit at her own work, placing gently the diadem over her head and standing on her feet. Hearing the elf moving the wolf opened his eyes, seating and placing his attention on her.
“How do I look?” Kiara asked with a bright smile while standing in front of him, taking a little turn showing off, giggling a bit. Then a gentle breeze blew, caressing her hair and messing a bit with her skirt, picking up and blowing away some white petals and carrying with the sweet perfume of the flowers. Kiara stopped, taking a deep breath appreciating the sweet scent. That inspired her, the spellsinger started to sing a soft and serene melody, her voice echoing in the glade, then she simply started to dance in to the rhythm of her own song, her movements were graceful, her clothes floating on each and single step she took, it was mesmerizing, Jaken couldn’t even take his eyes from her, seeing her feet moving swiftly while she moved on the huge glade, making little turns and impressive movements, twisting her body. Kiara kept dancing until her song ended, she made a final pose, a little bow, while she caught her breath, she lifted her head a bit, giving a sweet smile to the wolf.

Finally tireness was getting the best of her, the elf walked slowly in the wolf’s direction sitting once again by his side, she wanted to lean and rest her head on his shoulder but she refrained herself of doing so, in the end both just enjoyed each other's company, both in silence, there were no need for words, just the mere presence was enough for them, and so time went flying.
Kiara placed her eyes on the sky, the moon was alligned with the horizon, it was almost time to return to the motel, before the sun could rise and Jaken ended up in an awkward situation, Kiara turned to him, leaning and placing a light kiss on the werewolf's cheek. “Thank you for not leaving me locked on that room, I will never forget this night” she said in a sweet tone followed with a gentle smile, then she continued “Although I’m loving being here with you, I think it is time for us to return, soon the sun will rise” Kiara turned her head to the horizon, her facial expression changing, as if she was already missing the night that wasn’t even over yet. But as they say, nothing is eternal and all the good stuff eventually ends.

Last edited:
Jaken relaxed on the grass, enjoying the presence of the elf, the breeze caressing his warm fur and listening to his surroundings: silence, and peace. He could stay here for a very long time, but he would eventually have to go becuase of hunger, thirstiness, or boredom. But right it was the perfect moment for the wolf. Then, he heard Kiara humming a song. He knew it wasn't a "sleep-spell" but he could easily fall asleep if he wanted to. But right now, not the best time. He could fall asleep and wake up naked in front of the spellsinger, not the best thing to think about. The humming increased the peace feeling Jaken had right there. He was into it. Hardly ever separating himself from it. After that, he heard movement. Sweet, soft movements. He opened his eyes to inspect them and saw Kiara making a beatiful flower diadem. The white petals from the place were put to use by using them to make a diadem. Original.

“How do I look?”
"Fantastic." the werewolf commented "I love it. Nice thinking on using your creativity." he added. Then, Kiara started to wander off in her own thoughts and feelings with the help of the breeze. She started to sing and eventually, started dancing. She was elegant, swift, delicate, smooth. Jaken kept her eyes on her. Watching her move with grace through the field and the white petals. As if the wind wanted to complement this scene, it started to blow, lifting petals to dance with her. The clothes and the petals were in perfect syncronization with the song, rythm, and voice of the elf. It was the perfect movement. Until it stopped. The spellsinger ended in a perfect pose, smiling at him. Jaken returned the smile, his eyes filled with love and acceptance.

Both were resting on the ground now. Taking a deep breath, and time passed without Jaken ever noticing. He was in a trance. He loved this moments. Him being in his werewolf form, the full moon, the field, Kiara, Kiara's song, Kiara's dance. It was all so perfect. Then, a gentle kiss brought him back to reality.
“Thank you for not leaving me locked on that room, I will never forget this night”
"Me neither. It's a good thing I decided to bring you along. Or else, this night would not be the same. Isn't it funny? How a small decision can make such big impact in the future. Amazing." he whispered.
“Although I’m loving being here with you, I think it is time for us to return, soon the sun will rise”
"What? Really? Has time passed that fast? Damn it. Didn't want this to end. Oh well, guess we have to return to the motel, because... yeah, I don't want to be in that awkward situation." the werewolf stood up "Well, let's get going." he carried Kiara in his arms and sprinted back the way they came. Passing through the 'chase-game' woods, Gerlad's hut, the city of Elbion, the first woods they had to cross. All the way back to the motel.

After reaching the motel, both elf and werewolf stepped in through the back window and entered their room again. It was almost sunrise, few hours away. Jaken did not feel tired at all. He felt as if he slept and was ready for another day. Ironic; given that he sprinted through the woods for a long time. He had wasted energy, but something gave it back. He did not know what it was, but he was thankful for it. "I should transform back and get dressed by now." he said, grabing his backpack and stepping into the bathroom.

He returned as human and dresses. He then sat on the bed "So how was your trip? Did you like it?" he smiled "I already gave you the trip, now I just need to take you to the library for a WHOLE day." he winked at her, then laughed.

It was time to return, as the werewolf stood up, the elf also got on her feet, being picked up and carried on his arms. The trip was silent, as they made all the way back to the motel, somehow Kiara didn’t want the night to end, the elf wished she could enjoy his company and that enchanted place a bit longer, where there were no worries. But she was also anxious, knowing that once they returned to the room, she would be back to reality, meaning that the little dream had reached its conclusion, both would have to face the harsh reality where they were being hunted down while trying to solve all this mystery.

Once on the room Kiara was exhausted, her body giving her signs that she needed to rest, it was understandable, not even 24 hours had passed since the elf had survived to the curse and after a whole night through, she was definitely ready to get some sleep. As the spellsinger took off the flower diadem, placing it on the little desk near her bed, the wolf said.
"I should transform back and get dressed by now." he said, grabing his backpack and stepping into the bathroom.
While Jaken was on the bathroom, she took of her boots, climbing to her bed and getting under the blankets, taking a seat position. This was the first night she had pulled through that was not used to study, instead, she just enjoyed it, she could be herself, be free and do what she loved the most. Without the worry of keeping the discipline or rigor that was demanded and required on the college. Now that she thought, there was always one thing in common, Jaken, somehow he had this influence on her, near him she felt like she could loosen up, that no one would judge her for her behaviour, that HE wouldn’t judge her. After all, many of her first experiences had been with him, her first love and kiss, her very first adventure, singing and dance for someone that was not Hellius, all the good sides of her life, but more importantly, the bounty hunter had been by her side on the worst situations of her life, the time the assassins attacked her, when she got arrested and finally when she had been cursed, on all of that times he had been there for her, to help and protect her. It was also true that the elf had learned some stuff with him, a good example would be the little wind spell she had used to improve her movement speed during the chase game, a spell inspired after his ride.

Few minutes later, Kiara was struggling to stay awake, yawning a bit, then the bathroom’s door opened. Jaken was back on his human form, taking a seat on his bed before speaking and gain the elf’s attention.
"So how was your trip? Did you like it?" he smiled "I already gave you the trip, now I just need to take you to the library for a WHOLE day."
Kiara pulled the blankets a bit, covering herself a bit more, making herself more comfortable and warm, another yawn threatening to escape.
“I loved it, now I get why you enjoy running on your wolf form and as you said it’s incredible!” she smiled at him, giving a soft giggle afterwards “Yes, you still have to take me to the library when all this is over” Kiara then lowered her head a bit getting lost on her owns thoughts <”When all this is over… for how long will you stay here?”> she shook her head, it was way too soon for her to get worried and anxious about him leaving and she didn’t want to end up a perfect night with sad thoughts.
Lifting once again her head and placing her attention on him, she then confessed “You know, seeing your run… it inspired me on a little wind spell that I used while you were chasing after me.” Once again the elf lowered her head, this time snuggling on the bed and resting her head on the soft pillow, her eyes getting heavier on each second, still she placed them on the diadem before speaking “Tell me Jaken, do you fear my magic or do you feel uncomfortable when I use it?” she finally asked what was troubling her.

Soon after the elf had just drifted away into the dream world, still she could smell the sweet perfume of the flowers that were on the little table, carrying the elf back to that glade and revive that perfect night. Kiara had fallen asleep with such a serene and gentle expression on her face and lips.

Last edited:
Jaken coulnd't help but to smile at Kiara's opinion on the little ride he took her on. He was glad that she enjoyed it. That made him think on how trapped she was. As far Kiara had told him, she had always lived inside the college, never going out unless it was for some resources pick ups. She probably knew nothing about the outside world, at least not for beyond from the letters in a book. What Jaken had done this night to her probably was one of the first experiences she ever had. And there are so many things that Kiara could know through him. It was worth the shot. He planned on taking her to the limit when this is over. Every experience she could get, whether good or bad, he would make sure she would get through them. Because sometimes, living those experiences are far better than reding about them. If you are experienced, you would know EXACTLY what to do. Books sometimes may give you erronous information that could lead to chaotic consequences.

“Tell me Jaken, do you fear my magic or do you feel uncomfortable when I use it?”
Jaken widened his eyes at the elf's question. The werewolf knew that sometimes magic can be used for good intentions, and other times, for bad. Jaken, being the paranoid he was, would always think on the worst case scenario: magic being used for evil purposes. Sure, he could be afraid of it sometimes. Magic is a force Jaken did not understand as it can do almost anythingIn fact, he was subdued to some sort of magic few hours earlier: hypnotism. Jaken knew that common hypnosis would take more time to work. Gerald told him to stare into that circle, and he (Jaken) knew why. The circle would have some magic aura to hypnotize him. When he was in the hypnotic trance, he was an open book, vulnerable for any attack. And he did not liked that. However, he knew that Kiara would never do something to him. She would never do something bad to him, after all they have been though... she couldn't...
"Ummmm..... I don't feel uncomfortable." he started ""It's just that..... I always think that everyone is up to get everyone. And I need to always be cautious. I don't fear or get uncomfortable when YOU use it, because I know you would never do something bad to me, unless it was absolutely necssary. Well, I also don't feel fear or uncomfortable when others use it, I just take my precautions. I always am ready to attack if I need to."

After Kiara had fallen asleep, Jaken sighed. Tomorrow would be another day, but how? How would they even continue with the mystery, maybe the next thing to do is find out more about this with that gave him The Marks of Runes. That was their best shot. He could see the flowers thanks to an ability of The Marks of Runes. So there's gotta be a connection to the flowers, thus, the killers and The Marks of Runes, and that strange language: nitzxo kirlmaun ormajt wilao. Could the library help? Finding this strange message, or ask around of anybody knows about this, though, as Kiara said one time, asking around like that could attract attnetion towards you. They were on their own.

Jaken laid on his bed, covering himself with the sheets and finally drifting off into sleep. THe sun was about to rise, but all he needed where a few hours of sleep to be ready to continue with this.

Kiara felt much more relieved after hearing Jaken's answer. Magic was the only thing that she had to defend herself, since the elf didn't know how to use any kind of weapons or had any other combat skills, so the spellsinger couldn't had the luxury of not using her magic or have to worry if Jaken would turn against her during a fight, due to a misunderstanding. But now that she was aware of how the werewolf felt about her magic, she could use it more freely.

Few minutes later Kiara had drifted into the dream world. She was back at the glade, being surrounded by the sweet perfume of the little white flowers. She was sitting, the soft grass under her. The elf was staring at the serene water of the lake, seeing the night sky reflected on the mirrored surface.
Everything was peaceful, until she felt a chill on the back of her neck that compelled her to look back at the forest's direction. She was not alone.
Entering the glade and slowly moving at the elf's direction, were two figures. A humanoid white lamb, walking on her back paws, while carrying a silver long bow on her hands, her face covered by a black wolf mask. Flanking Lamb's side was a huge black wolf, moving on his four paws, this one had a white lamb mask over his face while displaying his fangs at the elf.
Kiara remained on the ground, frozen, being unable to move and neither get on her feet, a mixture of fear, anxiety, curiosity and calmness overpowering her. All her senses telling her that she should run from Wolf, but Lamb presence had a soothing effect on her. Deep down, Kiara felt that somehow she knew them, though she couldn't remember.

Lamb was now right in front her, while Wolf kept surrounding Kiara, moving in circles around the elf, sniffing at the air, before speaking.
“I hear a beating heart! And I smell fear!” said Wolf, his black eyes twinkling with delight while his body trembled with excitement. "May i have it?" his voice more growl than speech.
“Patience, dear Wolf, for this is not her time.” Lamb spoke in a soothing voice "Worry not, little one. We know you as you know us, Kiara"
Until now Kiara was following Wolf's movements nervously, until she head her own name, turning her attention to Lamb, widening her eyes. "How do you know my name?!" she asked, her voice giving a hint of confusion and nervous.
"We know your name."
"We have always known it."
"Have she forgotten us yet, little Lamb?" Wolf stopped moving and tilted his head to the side.
"She still knows us, though she seems not to remember. She will remember us... in time"
Kiara was so confused, if she was supposed to know them, then how could she not remember them? The only thing she could do was just standing there on the floor, blinking her eyes in clear confusion. Seeing Kiara's confusion Lamb just started.
"I wonder how she sees me..."
"Ashes on wool."
"Is this a dream?" the elf manage to ask, she was not entirely sure, but the answer she got was even more confusing.
"We will soon awaken from this pale slumber."
"We are not dreams, we are the waking."
<"Why are these two keep talking in riddles, i can't understand, is it supposed for me to get what they are saying?"> Kiara pushed all her thoughts aside, maybe she was not supposed to make questions, maybe they only expected her to listen. Lamb sensed that finally the elf understood what she was supposed to do, giving a small smile to the elf before speaking.
"Treasure your moments, tomorrow is a hope, never a promise."
"There are so many ways to die... the only true death is to never live."
"And how one dies, shows how one lives."
while finishing her speech Lamb caressed her bow a bit.
By now Wolf was getting impatient, turning his snout toward Kiara before speaking.
"Is it time?" his voice filled with blood lust, Kiara felt another chill on her spine.
"Fear not, little one. You have come to us tonight, we have not come for you.”
“But there is another prey nearby. Other target ready for the chasing and the biting. Hurry, Lamb. I am hungry.” said Wolf a hint of eager in his voice.
“Yes, dear Wolf. Begin your hunt.”
Without wasting another second the shadowy beast creeped passing over Kiara and disappeared into the woods. The elf sigh in relief, closing her eyes for a brief moment relaxing a bit, now that Wolf was gone.
“Until the day we meet again.”
The spellsinger opened her eyes in a flash. "Wait! Who are both of you?!" But Lamb was gone.
"We are the Eternal Hunters" "We are the Eternal Hunters" both Lamb's and Wolf's voices echoed inside her head.

Kiara then opened her eyes, awakening. She took a sitting position on her bed, trying to recall her dream, the best that she could. If it really was a dream at all, or maybe it was just a product of her own imagination, then something popped on her mind. She remembered!!!

Last edited:
While the duo were asleep on the motel, a lady walked through the forest to a special place. The woman had a hoody over her head, it has always been on her head. She could not remember one time where she took it off, she could say she was bornwith it over her head. It was the lady that attacked Jaken since the beggining of this adventure. After the last encounter with the bounty hunter, she would finally get some rest and continue with her little 'science project'.
"What have you done?" said someone close to her. She turned around and saw a teenager behind her.
"What now?" she asked.
"You have failed! That bitch is still alive."
"Impossible. I poisoned him with wolfsbane."
"He found his way out. One of my contacts informed me that he saw a werewolf in fron of Elbion's college few hours ago. He was interacting with a humanoid, probably an elf."
"Well, I'll have another time to kill him. Just waiting, darling, everyone dies eventually."
"Yeah, like our project over here. Y'know, our thing also has some sort of life that we need to preserve."
"FIne! I'll look for him tomorrow."
"Yeah, but this time kill him for good. I'm not paying for a cheap-underdog assasin?" the teenager was suddenly swung into a wall, with the lady's eyes glowing red, growling at him and threatening his life with a knife on his throat.
"WHO ARE YOU CALLING CHEAP BOY?"
"No one! No one! That was my mistake! I apologize! Just let me go!" the teenager cried. The woman finally released him. The boy coughed on the ground.
"I'll find. A way. To KILL him. Just wait.... I always kill my target" she said walking away to a small hut.

As Jaken woke up, with the sun entering through the window, he felt Kiara still asleep behind him. He looked at her. The sweet elf getting some rest after the fun night they've had together. They should go out and run more times, anything to have some fun. After all, Jaken enjoyed the night, he was night creatures, he would love running in his wolf form all night long, but even werewolves need some rest. Both physically and mentally. Maybe mentally was the rest he needed right now, the mystery they are solving have been a pain in the ass (tail?) for him. He needed to find something linked to that language, maybe he could go to the library or ask some of his contacts about it: Merkl or Tauris. Gerald was out of the equation, as he did not say anything about it. On one hand, Merkl knew a lot of things, on the other hand, Tauris only knew about death and how it manifests due to ebing a banshee. But did Merkl know about foreign languages or chants? Merkl barely knows about magic. He was special on getting things, not deducing them. If he had no one to contact with? Who would? Could Kiara know anyone that had any idea on what this was?

Soon enough, Jaken heard Kiara waking up, taking a seat on her bed. "Hey." he greeted "Slept well?"

Kiara was still sitting on her bed, lost on her own thoughts, finally recalling from where she knew Lamb and Wolf, a smile appeared on her lips. If she had the chance, she would look again, maybe there was something else for her to learn from it <"Maybe tonight, before i go to sleep, maybe i could also show it to Jaken and ask what he thinks about it..."> From the back of her mind she could hear Jaken's voice, that brought the elf back to reality. She shook her head a bit trying to focus and placed her eyes on him before speaking.
"Hey." he greeted "Slept well?"
"Good morning" she said on a sweet tone "Sorry, I spaced out for a bit, but yes I slept well, thanks for asking. How about you?" she asked tilting her head a bit.

In a slow movement, the elf turned to the edge of her bed, lifting the sheets, standing up and walked barefoot to the bathroom, where she washed her face and took care of her hair, basically getting ready for a new day. Once she was done, she called for the bounty hunter "Do you have any plans for today? Or any idea of where we should look for clues now?" Kiara moved to the window opening it, allowing the fresh breeze to enter the room, she also could see that there were already people on the street, busy with their own lives. Kiara took a deep breath before turning her head to Jaken "Let's get something to eat outside?" she asked with a bright smile on her face.

Meanwhile, in Elbion's college everything was quiet, some students were still starting to awake, while others were finishing to get ready for a new day of classes. Indeed a lazy morning. But not to everyone, no, at least for one person. A not so lucky guard, a half elf, he was now tasting his own medicine, or should say spell. Literally the spell had turned against the caster, with a little help from Hellius. For this particular guard the night had been an eternal hell, and now that the sun had risen, it only proved that things could get even worst.
Hellius was already hunting down his target. He knew the reason why the guard was panicking and screaming as if he had seen the devil himself. Still, Hellius wouldn't take him kindly, not after knowing the guard had cursed Kiara. Hellius would never show mercy to those who tried to hurt the spellsinger. Finally it was time to do some solo work and get crucial information, since Hellius could not share the true nature of this incident with the rest of the special unit. Sure, later he would share what he had found with the rest of the unit, only giving away what they really needed to know, while keeping to himself all the information that might involve Kiara. Maybe after all, Hellius has not changed that much, he still knew how to get his way around stuff, or maybe now that Kiara was not around him anymore, he had no reason to be so kind.

Last edited:
How about you?
Jaken only nodded with a smile on his face, saying 'yes, I did'. And he could not lie about it, last night was wnderful. A night were peace ruled supreme and all the worries were eliminated with the company of white petals, the sweet smell of the flowers and the gentle and fresh breeze of the wind caressing his fur and the beatiful hair of the elf. He had the most wonderful night and the the most comfortable sleep, even though he spent a lot of energy in his wolf form, he could do it again. Spend the night with her.

Do you have any plans for today? Or any idea of where we should look for clues now?
"Maybe. Maybe we need to look for the translation of that enhantment the witch placed on me to gain The Marks of Runes. If I can see the flowers, that are linked to the killings, that MAY be linked to the S.A.P. group, then I should be able to dig something up."

Let's get something to eat outside?
"Yeah, I'm hungry, in the meantime, I may buy something to help us keep our investigation in place. Mark the places and have all the information we have stacked in one ordered place. Make our litle motel room our little detective spot." he chuckled "C'mon, let's head out and grab something to eat."

The duo made a discreet way to Elbion's plaza, avoiding the guards that were still looking for them. At Elbion's plaza, Jaken ordered his breakfast: a sweet bread and some warm milk. Something simple, but that's the way he liked it. Simple enough to be delicious enough. "I can't help but to admit it." he said to Kiara, with a bright smile on his face "Last night was awesome! I loved how everything worked out in place, with the perfect timing for the next perfect timing. We should do that more oftenly. After all this shit's over." he then sighed in distress "After all this shit's over...." he stared at the ground, thinking. After the breakfast, Jaken bought a small map of Elbion, some quills and ink bottles, small papers and a yarn of red string "I'll just put this things on theirplace and then we will go to find information about this enhantment. Is there anything on the college that might help us? Or any other place? A book or scroll that says enhantments like that or something?"

Heading back to the motel, Jaken placed the small Elbion's map on the table and Jaken started "We probably know that the killings had this flower on the same spot. Around 5 deaths in 5 different places, plus, one probable murder site in the barn where I picked up that meat." he stacked 5 papers on top of each other, he soaked the quill in ink and started writing on the paper, making the ink sink into the other 4 papers, making one drawing into five. He separated the papers and placed them on the places were the five dead bodies were found: twwo on the forest were Jaken and Kiara found the first flower, one on the nearest desertic area of Elbion, one on the college and the other at Elbion's plaza. He drew another flower, less detailed as the others and placed it on the barn nearby the motel. "All of this are near Elbion, all of this murders." he connected the flowers with the yarn, except for the flower in the barn, as no murders have been done there, or as far as they knew "So maybe S.A.P. is 'trapped' in Elbion. All the murders happened here...... damn..... I'm going in circles...." he placed his hands on the back of his head.

In Elbion's plaza, both were sitting on an esplanade, eating their breakfast peacefully. Kiara had taken some fruits of the season. The street was full of life, people moving frantically getting busy with their own lives, there was no order or what so ever on the flow of peoples movements, though in all this chaos they all managed to avoid going into each other.
Kiara was amazed by all this, her eyes curiously following this chaotic life. It was a very different lifestyle from the one of the college, where the only movements in the corridors would occur during end of classes or at lunch time, out of that time, everything was quiet. Still, even during the lunch time there was this strange organization and order, all students moving in the same way and direction. Nothing like what the elf was seeing right now. Indeed, this was a completely different life from what Kiara had been used to until now.
"Last night was awesome! I loved how everything worked out in place, with the perfect timing for the next perfect timing. We should do that more oftenly. After all this shit's over."
Jaken's words brought the elf back, she placed her eyes on him, while focusing her attention. For some reason her cheeks had this little burning sensation, she was blushing, she could tell it. The reason, seeing that bright smile that Jaken had displayed for her. Kiara just turned her head to the side, trying to hide it. <"Why am I acting like this?! This is not the first time I have seen him smiling!!! Besides, why am I even hiding it!!!"> It was like the first days when they had met. The elf sighed, trying to gain control on her feelings before talking.
"Yes, it was an amazing night, I really enjoyed it..." She end up refraining herself, remembering that she should not get her hopes high. It was true that she loved that night, but she would not allow herself to assume things and jump into wrong conclusions.

Once they had eaten, Jaken bought the supplies he needed, Kiara just followed him, for a brief moment, recalling that she used to go to that exact shop to buy supplies that Hellius would request her. She smiled a bit, turning her head to the college, wondering if her mentor was ok. A few seconds later she heard the bounty hunter coming closer to her, all the supplies stored in a paper bag.
"I'll just put this things on their place and then we will go to find information about this enhantment. Is there anything on the college that might help us? Or any other place? A book or scroll that says enhantments like that or something?"
The elf nodded her head at his comment, before answering the question "Well, I can only think about the college's library, since there you can find all kinds of books, tomes, grimors and scrolls. It's the perfect place to study or find information about all types of magic art, spells and enchantments, everything that a student might need to learn their chosen art. But, why do you even ask? We cannot enter into college anymore."

Back at the motel room Kiara took a seat on her bed, watching the werewolf doing his thing, listening carefully to his explanation. Once he had finished the elf moved closer to him, glancing at the map, the flowers were on their right places, signaling where the deaths had occurred and the red string connecting all the information. The bounty hunter had made a map to keep track of every single clue they had discovered so far, now the elf understood what he meant when said, making the motel room into their little detective spot.
"So maybe S.A.P. is 'trapped' in Elbion. All the murders happened here...... damn..... I'm going in circles...." he placed his hands on the back of his head.
With a graceful movement Kiara placed the tip of her index finger on her cheek, while tilting her head a bit, thinking of something. "Hmm... more likely S.A.P have something here, something that they need or want. What other reason could they have to be bound to this place? The longer they stay here, the higher is the risk of them to be found."

Last edited:
Well, I can only think about the college's library, since there you can find all kinds of books, tomes, grimors and scrolls. It's the perfect place to study or find information about all types of magic art, spells and enchantments, everything that a student might need to learn their chosen art. But, why do you even ask? We cannot enter into college anymore.
"We can, but we need to do it stealthily. If we are going in, then we'd have to make sure that no one finds us, and probably no werewolf form in this one." he chuckled. Though, Jaken started to have second thoughts on entering the college. It was a dangerous task. Probably the security has decreased by now, but still, there could be guards on the look out. Maybe they shouldn't go. They could get more information anywhere, besides, books sometimes never got straight to the point (which is what Jaken wanted). Time was gold.

Hmm... more likely S.A.P have something here, something that they need or want. What other reason could they have to be bound to this place? The longer they stay here, the higher is the risk of them to be found.
"The Altershpere? The documents they stole? Maybe that's why they are still here." he wrote 'Altershpere' in one paper and placed it besides the map and made a copy of the notes he had made through this adventure.
S.A.P.: Found in guard's dead body alongside with 4 more bodies. Acronym? Mark? What does it stand for?
Bodies: 5 confirmed bodies with S.A.P., different races (minotaur, dragon, elf, ogre). All found near Elbion. All life records erased. Are they related with each other?
Golden flower: Found in dragon's death place. Only seen with Blue Lights What does it mean? Are there more flowers?
"Primitive" flower: Found at farm near motel. Not as detailed as previous flowers. Indication of future assasination? Copy-cat?
2 assasins:

1. Assasin one (clock tower) (DECEASED): Glowing red eyes, blew up. Decoy or murder attempt?
  2. Assasin two (documents): Stole from secret room (CONFIRMED). Why? How? (THROUGH FIRE PLACE) What documents? (RELATION PROBABLE: ALTERSPHERE)
  3. Possible assasin 3 (lady): Glowing red eyes, capacity to dissolve into dust. Shadowkin? Spirit?
Secret room: who told the assasins? Current headmaster? Previous headmasters? Teachers that know?
Inside job? (PROBABLE)

"We know that the Altersphere is something about parallel realities. But why here in Elbion? There's gotta be some kind of link between the Altersphere and Elbion, since the S.A.P. is 'trapped' in here. Some kind of force? An ancient ritual? Should we look into Elbion's history for any kind of magical link? Or maybe..... the ritual you told me that Hellius attempted years ago. You told me it went wrong, a magical explosion that made everyone get injured, die or just vanish into nonthingness. What if that magic never went away? What if that is why the S.A.P. are here?"

He then wrote the enchantment the witch placed on him years ago for the Marks of Runes, plus with some notes Jaken added, and placed where the other notes were placed:

"Nitzxo kirlmaun ormajt wilao", enhantment of witch for Marks of Runes. Golden flowers are able to be seen with Blue Lights. Relation with Marks of Runes and Golden Flowers?
What does the enchantment mean?

"We can, but we need to do it stealthily. If we are going in, then we'd have to make sure that no one finds us, and probably no werewolf form in this one."
The elf could not believe in what she had just heard, her eyes widening a bit. It hadn´t been that long since Kiara had been arrested, and for sure, she still remembered the cold and dark cell where they had thrown her in. Still a bit stunned she managed to speak. " Stealthily, you said... I... I don't really think we should go there. What if we get caught? I don't want to end up locked in the dungeons again." She lowered her head, deep down she was afraid, the elf still remembered the despair she had gone through once she was arrested. Besides, her fear had fundaments, she only got free because of Jaken and Merkl, but if both, spellsinger and bounty hunter ended up arrested, then who would come to rescue them?

"There's gotta be some kind of link between the Altersphere and Elbion, since the S.A.P. is 'trapped' in here. Some kind of force? An ancient ritual? Should we look into Elbion's history for any kind of magical link? Or maybe..... the ritual you told me that Hellius attempted years ago. You told me it went wrong, a magical explosion that made everyone get injured, die or just vanish into nonthingness. What if that magic never went away? What if that is why the S.A.P. are here?"
"I never saw things on that side, but now that you mention... All those theories are plausible. Maybe we should look into Elbion's history records as you say. But regarding the ritual.... I don't know, Hellius didn't share any more information about it."
She sighed, looking one more time at the map and all the notes, again so many questions and so little information, this was proving to be a hard mystery to solve, so many variables, and shady events, it would not be easy for the duo to unravel the truth behind all of it. Now Kiara was getting stressed, maybe she would not be able to clear her name and be able to return to the college. Furthermore, she was starting to miss her guardian, Hellius, he would know what to do and give her some wise advice.

Last edited:
I never saw things on that side, but now that you mention... All those theories are plausible. Maybe we should look into Elion's history records as you say. But regarding the ritual.... I don't know, Hellius didn't share any more information about it.
"Then I guess that must be our second reason to go to the library. the enchantment and Elbion's magical history. <<And I hope I don't have to see that elf EVER AGAIN....>>" he silently growled "Anyway." he looked at his notes carefully, looking at the statements he wrote and the path he made with the strings. "We are not getting anywhere if we stay here." he picked up his equipment and geared up "Well, are you ready to visit the library once again?"

Back again at the library, Jaken and Kiara made their way through the shelves, observing each section that could be relatable to what they were looking for: "history" "spells" "foreign languages" "enhantments", and many others. Jaken had collected around 3, big, heavy books. He was not up for a reading day, but maybe this was the best option they had. Jaken had been reading the books he brought, and the same as the last time, he found barely enough information to make a conclusion, UNTIL.
"I think this is it." he said "I think I found it, look." he got close to Kiara and read "Scripture magic was able to survive precisely due to its ability to effectively store magical effects, as well as recite them whenever needed, not only by the author but also by anyone who knew how to activate the written spell.
It is not quite a type of magery but a means to magery, therefore it is advised to know other magical disciplines like necromancy, dark magic, pyromancy and especially divine magic. Sometimes it's spells are sacral, sometimes offensive, protective, plain obscure or there to set a trap or bind. Another notable usage of such spells is for binding contracts, where names, signatures and blood prove most useful." he quoted "This makes sense: store magical effects, all of the abilities that The Marks of Runes can give me in my wolf form. Recite whenever needed, wether the author -the witch- or anyone who knows how to use them -me-. Then uuuurrrrr...... here! The spells can be offensive -some effects that I haven't told you about- protective -also some effects that I haven't told you about-" he then stopped and reflected "Damn, I haven't told you a lot The Marks of Runes, will tell you in a moment, I have other abilities than 'Blue Lights'. Anyway. Then here. Notable usage can be seen through signatures -the green tattoos in my back in my wolf form-."

"So the witch that gave me The Marks of Runes gave me scripture magic. One step closer to her. But where is she?" he looked up, thinking on what to do "Hmmm...." he dived for other books and read "Witches sometimes remain unseen." he quoted "Hiding in the most obscure places, where no sane person will dare wander. They usually wear masks to hide in public. Or resort to places where it would be humanly impossible to survive. To give an example, the great witch Yyggdmon, rsorted to live in the coldest places of Belgrath. This witch has been told to wear a red cape, colored dress and a mask with the symbol of a flower." Jaken gasped "Could this be it? The scripture magic, the witch, the DESCRIPTION of the witch. It all makes sense." he closed the book with hope in his eyes "We are going shopping. Get the warmest and comfiest clothes you can get."

"We are going to Belgrath." he concluded.

"Well, are you ready to visit the library once again?"
The elf had this lost look on her face, looking blankly at the map, clearly her mind was elsewhere. Then she blinked, showing that something had caught her attention, pulling her back from wherever her mind was. She turned to gaze Jaken, her eyes sparkling with excitement now. Indeed, she was a very simple person and it was not too hard to please her.
“Yes of course!” She barely could contain how happy she was about going to the library.

Once again in the library, though this was not her first time being there, the elf could not avoid to feel amazed over the insane amount of books that were stored in there. Clearly she could lose herself in that place, reading book after book, but right now was not the best time, she needed to stay focused. They had a task on hands that need their attention, so Kiara resumed to look for any useful information. Time went by, and still she didn’t find anything useful. Until… Jaken called for her, moving closer to her while carrying a heavy book. The bounty hunter read some parts of it content, mainly about scripture magic, what it was, how it worked and its usages, then he continued with his line of thought.
"This makes sense: store magical effects, all of the abilities that The Marks of Runes can give me in my wolf form. Recite whenever needed, wether the author -the witch- or anyone who knows how to use them -me-. Then uuuurrrrr...... here! The spells can be offensive -some effects that I haven't told you about- protective -also some effects that I haven't told you about-"
Kiara was no longer hearing Jaken’s explanation, he had lost her attention after what he had just said, her mind was now drifting <”There are so many things that I still don’t know about him… Not only what kind of powers The Marks of Runes confers, but also small things like what does he like or dislike… The truth is, deep down, I still don’t know much about him… Well I never asked too, so it’s not his fault. Although….”> Kiara sighed, her line of thoughts was cut once Jaken started to speak. She listened carefully the rest of his findings, the elf didn’t even notice that he had also fallen silent for a few seconds back there.
"We are going shopping. Get the warmest and comfiest clothes you can get."
"We are going to Belgrath."
Kiara was taken by surprise, looking with disbelieve to Jaken. If the elf recalled it right, she had once read in one adventure book, that Belgrath was a city built into the mountains known as The Spine. Curiosity took over her, the elf reached for Arethil's world book, opening it and flipping through the pages, stopping on the world map, for a few moments she was shocked. Yes, she knew The Spine was a distant land, but she never expected it to be that far! On the other continent! Now, that would be a huge adventure, maybe more than she had asked for, but still, Kiara was excited, this would be a great opportunity to expand her horizons. In any case, this would not be too difficult to accomplish, nor did it require going so far, since the elf had never left the city of Elbion.

Last edited:
Jaken had given Kiara some of his money so that she could buy some clothes for the trip to come. He had chosen a big and furry outfit for his human form: a big coat, a scarf, winter pants, and the thickest boots he could find. It was hard though, Elbion usually had a decent temperature, people would travel in casual clothes, so finding something for the coldest place in Arethil would be something hard to achieve. Apart form the outfit he bought, the bounty hunter also bought the largest and biggest set of clothes he could find, big enough so that a werewolf could fit on it. Jaken wasn't sure on buying that set, but he had never gone to Belgrath. He wasn't sure about how cold it would be and how his wolf form would protect him against the cold, but better safe than sorry. He would be no use if he froze out there. But then, how would they travel all the way to Belgrath? It was pretty far away, they would have to travel days if they wanted to get there fast. And, as Jaken had reasoned a lot of times: time is gold. Once they bought their clothes, the kept shopping for winter supplies: lanterns, lighters, propane tanks (for the lanterns), hunting weapons (knives, bows) and trap resources to capture food or hostiles (ropes).

After that, Jaken returned to the motel and packed everything in a tight bag. He then told Kiara his plan to travel: "Belgrath is pretty god damn far away, and we need to get there fast. So...... my thoughts are these: there is a place where we could rent travel creatures. Those are not your average horses or donkeys, no, not that crap. I mean FAST-TRAVELLING CREATURES. They are not even legal. They are deep down in the Black Market. It may be dangerous..... for you, I guess. People there can be dicks sometimes, but if we manage to rent one of those creatures, we would be set to go. Now. The creature I'm thinking on... is a hippogriff. A creature that can travel through sky, has feathers that will protect him form the cold, we could carry our packs on our backs. I have some experience managing those..... experience makes the master... BELIEVE ME. BBBBUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT...... here's the catch. I have no idea for how long will we be out, and those motherfuckers charge you a lot for a SINGLE day. Especifically, 50 gold coins a day. And I'm not that willing on spending more money. Therefore, my plan is..... this night, sneak in the Black Market and steal a hippogriff. It may be dangerous, I doubt I should even consider to take you along with me. I could steal one, fly it all the way here and I could pick you up. Then, off to Belgrath. I'll go oout tonight. At midnight, the Black Market would be calmed down by then."