Private Tales S.A.P.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Adriwolf

Jaken had been sitting in th eplaza neraby Elbion's college of magic. He had been observing the place for quite a while. He was thinking on the mysteries the school could be hiding, after all, he got that idea from a previous adventure he had with ine of the students of the college. He had to find a way in and unravel their mysteries, but how? As far as the student had told him, the college was protected by rune magic, which was soomething Jaken did not understand. It was complicated for him to understand, or maybe he wasn't up for it. In any case, he had been observing and deducing what he could do to break in.

"<<I have nothing.>>" he thought "<<I don't know how to break in there and get out, nor where to look, damnit. Guess I won't break in yet.>>" Jaken stood up and walked away form the college. He looked at the bounty board, see if anything was of his liking and keep his mind off the college.
"Are you Jaken?" someone asked from his back. Jaken turned around to see a young woman (not Kiara) with a hoody over her head, hiding her identity, she looked young and shy.
"Yes." he said "Why?"
"Oh... well... I've been sent here to tell you something."
"What is it?" he became suspicious.
"Wel... I.... I was told to tell you that... you are causing us problem." from her pocket she took out a dagger and attacked Jaken.
The bounty hunter was slighty faster than her, receiving nothing more than a scracth from the blade. Jaken was able to push her away when an arrow almost took his out. It landed on the bounty board instead. Soon, many arrows flew besides him, starting a riot on the plaza. People screamed and ran. While some bolts landed on Jaken's body, it did hit any important parts. Just his legs or a part of his arm, nothing that would cause trouble later on. He saw that the attackers were way too many for him to take on, especially now that he's wounded. The werewolf jumped to an alleyway and started his escape. As he limped away, he took out some bolts from his body, spilling the floor with some of his blood. He could hear the hostiles approaching him. He had to move fast.

Kiara didnt leave very often the college grounds but since she had to buy some magic suplies she had to. Everything was quiet at the plaza as usually until she hear people screaming and running. Something happened and on the corner of her eyes she saw a bunch of suspecious persons running into the allye. She didnt think twice and just followed after them. The first thing she notice was a trail of blood, this just make her to hurry, someone could be in danger.

"He's over there! Get him!" Jaken heard as three pair of steps ran past him. He had to hide behind a dumpster and let the foolness of the hunters pass him. He would usually get up and fight them off, but his wounds were in the way and the healing process was slower in his human form. If he was in his werewolf for, the wounds would have already healed and he could probably rip them to shreds, if it were nightime, that is. Noon was something that could not allow him to transform, not yet.

Jaken breathed calmly, he had to. If he remained calmed then the healing process should be faster. If his mind was on something else, the process would not as fast as he would like to. After a few minutes, Jaken heard silence. He stood up and walked away from the scene. However, he could hear the voices of those who were following him. He started to run out of the alleyway to bump into a person. Making his wounds open again due to the impact.
"Sorry." he grunted, as he kept pressure on the wound "Look, this place isn't safe. You should go- <<What if?>>" Jaken sniffed around the person he bumped into. She did not smell bad, bad as in 'the smell of evil', in fact she smelled sweet. 'The smell of the innocents', that's how Jaken identified those with pure heart. Those who are most likely to get hurt "You must get out of here. It is dangerous. Urrrggghhhh...." he grunted, looking back at his blood covered shirt.

While Kiara was following the trail of blood she had bumped into someone "Im so sorry!" she said being caught out of guard.

"You must get out of here. It is dangerous. Urrrggghhhh...."

Then she realises that was the person she was looking for. "It may be, but you need assistance, so let me help you, i can heal you, im a mage at the College of Magic. I dont know what happened, but i just cant leave someone that need assitance alone!"
The stranger didnt had time to responde, they already could hear steps coming they way. "There he is!!! Get him !!!" <"This is bad, I need to act quickly"> Kiara thought. Then on a split of a second she summon her staff on her hands, and creat a ice wall bloking the path of the aggressores. She then caught the men arm "Come, follow me" dragging him behind her. " We need a safe spot for now"

Last edited:
Jaken let himself beiing dragged by the woman he had bumped into, she appeared to have some tricks up her sleeve, and she wasn't wearing the smell of evil. So maybe, she was his best option to get out.
" We need a safe spot for now"
"I know one." he took the lead "Follow me and stay low." he took her hand so that she wouldn't get lost easily. They had exit the alleyway, the area was dead. No one was anywhere to be seen, the only sound that the area gave was of silence and it was tense. The hostiles were still around. Jaken's wounds had already healed. "Go easy and slow." he commanded. Both stepped into the area, the bounty hunter took out his crossbow and kept sneaking around the place. "There is a shop nearby." he explained "It has this secret basement Iwe could find shelter, long enough for them to disperse."
"FOUND YA!!" screamed a man, aiming with his bow and firing.
"GET DOWN!!!" he roared, forcing the woman to the ground and shooting back. He did not know if the bolt had hit the man, but time was gold. They needed to get out of there before anyone else would see them. From his clothes, he took out a smoke bomb and activated it. He took Kiara's hand again "Don't let go and walk as fast as you can. Ready?" he threw the smoke bomb at his side, letting the white smoke invade the place where they were.
"SMOKE BOMB!!"
"DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY!!"
Then, a massive amount of flaming arrows started to go over their heads. THe smoke bomb did it job good at hiding their identity, since they were able to swirm around the hostiles and into another alleyway safetly. "This is it." he said, crouching to big and heavy box "C'mon, open up." he whispered to himslef.
He forced the box out of the way, giving sight of a trapdoor. Jaken opened it and signaled the lady to get inside. "Come on. Get in. Quick."

Kiara's mind was racing at full speed trying to keep up with what was happening around her. She was just running on instinct, not knowing where to go exactly.
"I know one." he took the lead "Follow me and stay low."
She just obey to his order, letting him to lead the way and keeping up with his pace without much efford.
Seeing the alleyway exit and entering the now dead area, Kiara was nervous, all the silence and heavy air, it was almost a bad omen.
"Go easy and slow."
"There is a shop nearby." he explained "It has this secret basement Iwe could find shelter, long enough for them to disperse."
She only nodded, not daring to break the dead silence, walking stealtly and slow, she glanced to the the man, he was alert looking for any signs of danger already with is crossbow ready. This made Kiara a bit relieved <"He knows what he is doing... "> she thought.
Then everything just froze, first a scream, bolts being fired and Kiara hited the floor, everything was so slow emotion, maybe the adrenaline was kicking in, or could be fear, she really didnt know. The only think she knew was that she was being pulled again, but a rain of arrows was over them, she just had enought time to chant a little wind spell to block the arrows that was pointing at both.
As she run she looked behind to see if they were still being followed but nothing, the men's diversion did the trick. Finally they stopped and the men signed to Kiara enter, she rushed inside not wanting to waste the precious seconds that the smoke bomb had give them.

Last edited:
Jaken looked around to see if anyone was following them, or saw them entering the safe area. There were none. He proceeded to enter thetrapdoor, cosing and locking it behind them. They could catch a breath. Jaken panted due to the wounds closing slowly, now that he was off danger, he could focus on healing. He looked around, scouting the area for the woman he helped. He saw her also catching her breath. "We should be safe here." he commented "The entrance should cover up again. It's magical, so, I'm sure it'll be taken care of by itself. For now, let's recover air." at Kiara's eyes "Who are you?" he asked "Why didn't you run like everybody else?"
"Who'ssss down here?" a voice said from upstairs "I will find you!!"
"Merkl calm down!!" he called "It's me, Jaken."
"Now what have you done thisssss time Jaken?" a reptilian came down the stairs. His scales were grey and his eyes were yellow, he had a crowbar on his hand and his sharp claws on the other. His tail was wiggling around ready to attack. He had a grey boxer on.
"You know. Same story, just... running away from hunters. And for God sake, put on some clothes"
Merkl hissed. He looked at Kiara "Who is she?" he approached her, looking at her with his yellow eyes "Don't tell me you have found your mate." he laughed.
"Hardy har har. Very funny. No, she was dragged into this. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Issss that what all the noise was about?"
"Yeah. Had to use your emergency exit. We'll stay here until they leave."
"You probably won't beee sssaafe."
"We'll have to wait and see. Have anything usefull for me?"
"Have anything valuable for me?" Jaken did not responded "Very well." the reptilian turned around, back upstairs "I will leave you two love birdsss alone..."
Jaken gave him the finger as the reptilian went back upstairs.

"We should be safe here." he commented "The entrance should cover up again. It's magical, so, I'm sure it'll be taken care of by itself. For now, let's recover air."
Kiara was inded gasping for air, all the running and fighting had exhausted her, since both of them were in a safe place now she allowed herself to fall on her kness <"so this is what it feels like"> she though
"Who are you?" he asked "Why didn't you run like everybody else?"
Kiara tilted her head trying to sink in the men's question looked direct into his eyes.
"Im Kiara, as i said im a mage of the College of Magic here in Elbion. As for your second question i just dont know what kind of answer you'r waiting for, i just did what i though it was the right thing".
"Who'ssss down here?" a voice said from upstairs "I will find you!!"
Kiara jolted at these words, the men said it should be a safe place, so was they already found? it was a ally or foe??
"Merkl calm down!!" he called "It's me, Jaken."
"Now what have you done thisssss time Jaken?" a reptilian came down the stairs. His scales were grey and his eyes were yellow, he had a crowbar on his hand and his sharp claws on the other. His tail was wiggling around ready to attack. He had a grey boxer on.
"You know. Same story, just... running away from hunters. And for God sake, put on some clothes"
Merkl hissed. He looked at Kiara "Who is she?" he approached her, looking at her with his yellow eyes "Don't tell me you have found your mate." he laughed.
Kiara was confused, so they knew each other, and it seemed like the mysterious man name was Jaken and the reptilian was Merkl . When Merkl aproched Kiara she felt kind of shy, being size up from top to bottom, then she hear the word mate, she blinked twince trying to understand what the reptelian was saying and when she got it she blushed, lowering her head attempeing to hide it.
She was still paying attention on the conversation and when the Merkl turned his back, she saw Jaken showing the finger, this made her gigle a bit and it sounded like a bird song.
When Merkl finally left she turned to Jaken.
"So your name is Jaken, nice to meet you" She gave him a bright smile.
"It's just Jaken or do you have a second name? Besides, why were you atacked, do you know that people?"
While Kiara was asking him this question she moved closer to him. "Let me see your wounds so i can heal you, and one more thing, i was not on the wrong place at the wrong time, its quite the contrary, i think i was on the place i needed to be". Reaching slowing to the bloody Jaken shirt.

Last edited:
As for your second question i just dont know what kind of answer you'r waiting for, i just did what i though it was the right thing
"Well, that was stupid." he responded "Now, you've been dragged into my business, and believe me. My business is a thin line difference between life and death. They have seen your face, they know what you look like. And if I have gather some knowledge out of my experience, I'm pretty sure they won't leave you alone until you are dead. So... that's why it was sutpid to help me." Jaken had had previous experience when it came to carry someone through his adventures. Especially a student of Elbion's magic college. Though that student returned differently at the end of the adventure. He had returned silent and cold.

"My full name is Jaken Larsten. Professional. Bounty. Hunter." he clicked his tongue "Also a werewolf, which is why those people probably attacked me. I don't know them, I just saw a woman, a young one. I did not had enough time to memorize her facial characteristics nor catch a scent out of her. Her identiity is unknown. Also the voices I could hear were unknown to me. So I have no idea who to hunt down." he growled. Jaken noticed Kiara getting closer. He stared at her with cold eyes, giving a light growl. "Don't worry about it." he said "It'll heal on its own." However, he did not stop the woman reaching for his shirt. The werewolf did a favor for her, reaching for the clothes and raising it. It was nothing serious, just a cut that would heal by itself. Nontheless, there was a bit of arrow bolt in there, it probably stayed in there when Jaken ripped it apart. "Ok, buddy." he said to himself "Let's do this." with his hands, he reached for the bolt and took it out immediately. He grunted when he took off the arrow making the wound bleed again. "God damnit." he walked to a crate nearby and opened it. There was water and bandages on it, among other things. He used some water to clean the wound and bandaged it. After that, he drank some of it. "Take this." he said to Kiara, giving her a bottle of water "You must stay hydrated when we go back."
He sat down on a corner.

"Well Jaken Larsten, maybe it was stupid of my part as u said, but i wouldn't change a thing, i dont regreat what i have done" she says with a firm and yet a warm tone. "Besides im not a student anymore, i... i just live on the college now..." she lowered her voice on the last part <"besides being locked away all this years feels like being dead on the inside, im tired of just surviving"> she thought.
"You may be a werewolf, but still you need someone to look at those wounds" Kiara remained calm despise the growl and cold stare she just had recieved.
The werewolf did a favor for her, reaching for the clothes and raising it. It was nothing serious, just a cut that would heal by itself. Nontheless, there was a bit of arrow bolt in there, it probably stayed in there when Jaken ripped it apart. "Ok, buddy." he said to himself "Let's do this." with his hands, he reached for the bolt and took it out immediately. He grunted when he took off the arrow making the wound bleed again. "God damnit." he walked to a crate nearby and opened it. There was water and bandages on it, among other things. He used some water to clean the wound and bandaged it.
Kiara just watched Jaken taking care of his' wounds, she didnt want to up set him more, he already looked mad for some reason, so she was just observing him with caution, examine each of his wounds <"it look bad, besides it must hurt...">. Somehow Kiara feel useless, she wanted to help, but he wouldnt let her, why, why he wouldn't accept her help?
"Take this." he said to Kiara, giving her a bottle of water "You must stay hydrated when we go back."
He sat down on a corner.
On his words she returned to reality, she sigh taking the bottle of water from him "Thank you..." following him with her eyes until he sit down on a corner. She wanted to know why he was this way, cold and bitter, a million of questions were on her mind but she couldn't bring herself to ask, besides she was still worried about Jaken <"i just cant"> she had made her mind. She got up and moved close to Jaken, closing her eyes she just started to chant a healing spell, her voice filled and echoed through the small place, a wispered soft song could be hear, then a gentel warm light appered, still chanting she could feel Jaken's wounds closing one by one. When she was done, she stoped and moved back to her previous place just saying "You need to learn how to accept help, besides, you need to be full recovered or else you will be on desavanteage during a fight" she said with a small smile.

Last edited:
"How's that? How do you live in a college? As far as I know, once you graduate, they kick you out, no questions asked. I don't know, never finished high school anyway so I don't know about THAT life."

Jaken heard Kiara chant something, for a moment there he became suspicious. His paranoia told him that it was some malevolent spell, something to cause him harm, make his wounds hurt or tamper with his mind. But soon, enough, he recognized the enchantment. He had heard it before back in his little quest with one of the students: it was a healing enchantment. Jaken did not fight it, he just let the spell help his body. The wounds closed fast, faster than he would in his werewolf form. It also made him feel relaxed. He took a deep breath.
"You need to learn how to accept help, besides, you need to be full recovered or else you will be on desavanteage during a fight"
"I can take care of myself. I was just caught off guard. It happens, but I always end up living." he looked away from Kiara. He placed his eyes on the trapdoor. He tried to focus on the sounds outside. It was silent, no sound was to be heard. It made him suspicious and relieved at the same time. "Let's get some sleep. It should give us some time for them to disperse." he said, adjusting his body position to sleep "Let's wait until night falls, then we're out of here. After all, you don't necessarily have to go back to the college." he said, closing his eyes and breathing deeply.

"How's that? How do you live in a college? As far as I know, once you graduate, they kick you out, no questions asked. I don't know, never finished high school anyway so I don't know about THAT life."
"Yes you are right... i just was kind of adopted by the academy..." she said with a faint voice, she wasn't ready to share all of her story.
"I didnt said you couldn't take care of yourself, besides being a bounty hunter must be hard and dangerous, so, since you are still alive thats means for sure you know how to handle things and I just mean... that ... never mind..." Kiara tried to explain herself but she couldnt find the right words, her social skills werent be best, and sometimes she even couldn't put her own thoughts into words.

After Jaken statement he had fallen sleep, Kiara on the other hand couldn't sleep, not because she didnt trust him but because her mind wouldn't let her, too many questions, but seeing him sleep, somehow maked her fell relaxed, <"he is kind of cute, sleeping like this, but also it must be hard, i imagine that he dont have many opportunities to sleep this peacfully">. Kiara then realised she was paying too much attention towards this man, besides, she has just meet thim a couple of hours ago! She sighed, she need to get focus, unable to sleep she just summoned her tome and started to read it, taking this time to study.

"Getting adopted by the academy. Well that's weird. Maybe the weirdest thing I've heard of in the day." he commented.

Jaken had a normal time sleeping. He was unconscious, so he couldn't really think about anything at all. He just let himself drift off into the lands of sleep. The woman he had met that day proved her scent with her personality. Kind and pure, hence, the sweet smell he caught from her. It almost was a shame that she got dragged into this mess. Who were these people? And why attack so spontaneously, where people could see and stop them. Maybe they just took the advantage that Jaken could not turn into a werewolf now. He wouldn't be as strong as he would be in his wolf form. He had to wait and hunt down one member of this party. The area should be clean by now, or at least, most of it. There would probably be some members wandering the town to look for him. That could be his chance.

A thunder woke Jaken up. He felt his body rested and prepared to strike again. He looked around the basement, looking for Kiara. And there she was, she was reading something, he didn't cared what it was, but it was time to move. He could hear rain pouring down from outside. A storm perhaps. He sighed and got up, stretching his body. "Hope you got some sleep." he said "It's time to go. We must take this cahnce to get you to safety. Maybe back to your college. I've been told it is guarded by rune magic." he offered his hand to Kiara "Let's go."

Kiara saw that Jaken had woke up stretching his body, them coming towards her and offering a hand.
"Hope you got some sleep."
The moment Kiara closed the tome it just disappeared in thin air. "Not really, but dont worry, im used to it" she said taking Jaken's hand. "Seens like theres is a storm out there, we could use it to our advantage".
We must take this cahnce to get you to safety. Maybe back to your college. I've been told it is guarded by rune magic."
At his statement the elf tilted her head confused. "And what about you? I can enter the college but you cant..." If he was implying what she was thinking then she didnt liked the ideia at all. "Im not leaving you alone if that's your idea" she said calmly." We are in this togheter now" she locked her blue eyes in his hopping he would get her message.

"Yeah maybe. The heavy rain could give us a camouflage like advantage. They would only be able to see our silhouettes. Come." he said, guiding Kiara back to the trap door. He heard the thunder crash loudly "This should be fun." he opened the trap door with ease. His face got struck with a thousand water drops. It hit his face hard, a storm indeed.
Im not leaving you alone if that's your idea

We are in this togheter now
"You are right. If you go back to the college then I'm sure the hunters would hunt you down and interrogate you until leaving you for dead. Guess we are stuck with each other. Well, let's get moving." he took his jacket off and gave it to Kiara, putting the hoody on her head, leaving Jaken with his shirt "We must get going." they both stepped out into the rain. Jaken turned back and locked the trapdoor. They both walked slowly and cautiosly through the plaza. The college was on sight of both of them. "ALRIGHT!!" he screamed, making his voice become barely intelligible due to the rain "WE MIGHT GET YOU INTO A SAFE ZONE!! THE COLLEGE IS OUR BEST OPTION!!" a lightining struck loudly "COME ON!!! WE ARE CLOSE!!!!"

Once Jaken had opened the trapdoor the rain started to fall on the basement.. Them she hear the last thing she expected.
You are right. If you go back to the college then I'm sure the hunters would hunt you down and interrogate you until leaving you for dead. Guess we are stuck with each other. Well, let's get moving."
Somehow she had made it, her message got through him, them she felt something covering her, it was Jaken's jacket, she just smile and got out into the rain.
The rain was pouring hard, although the streets were silent Kiara was alert looking for any sign of danger, the college was already on sight. She was walking by Jaken side when he spoke.
"WE MIGHT GET YOU INTO A SAFE ZONE!! THE COLLEGE IS OUR BEST OPTION!!" a lightining struck loudly "COME ON!!! WE ARE CLOSE!!!!"
She got confused... <"didnt he just say a few minutes ago that we would be in this together... so how can the college be the best option... does he know a way to get in that I not aware off"> she just could trust him now.
A lightining struck and Kiara could swear that for a split of a secound she had seen a shadow. She looked at Jaken to see his reation, maybe it was her mind playing tricks.

Both of them had been walking to the college, he knew a place where they could be safe. A secret room behind the back of the college. He had discover it, however, there was no way inside the college through that secret room. Before entering, he saw something: at the entrance. He also smelled something. "WAIT HERE!!" he commanded. Jaken took some steps away from Kiara to see better. It couldn't be. He went back to Kiara and into his jacket. He looked for his scoped-crossbow, taking it out (but leaving the jacket on Kiara) and aiming at the entrance. There was a dead body and a trail of blood running through the rainwater. "Oh no. Is this what the guard is supposed to do at the night shift?" he handed the crossbow to Kiara so she couls see.

The young elf could feel the tension on the werewolf voice, doing as he said she waited for him, few seconds after he had come back and grabed a crossbow from his jacked.
"What is happening?" she asked a bit nervous taking a stance combate, as a responde the wolf just said.
"Oh no. Is this what the guard is supposed to do at the night shift?" he handed the crossbow to Kiara so she couls see.
She looked through the scope, she could see that there was a guard on the floor and blood being washed by the heavy rain. Without thinking Kiara returned the crossbow to Jaken only saying "We need to help him, he can still be alive!!!" passing through him she ran towards the guard, siting by his side and checked his pulse but it was already too late, he was dead. Kiara then looked up to Jaken given a sad look and shooked her head signing that they were too late.

Last edited:
Jaken had caught up with Kiara soon enough to realize what was happening through her face. The guard was dead and the blood was washing away. Jaken could see something on the man's corpse. It was something on his chest, hidden behind his shirt. Jaken ripped it apart and saw scratches on the man's body. But not any type of scratches, they were deep and also formes letters: S A P. What could that mean? The name of someone? The mark of the assasin? "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE MEAN??!!" he asked "HAVE YOU SEEN IT BEFORE??!!" a lightning struck.

He saw the entrance gate open, no, broken. Someone had broke into the campus. So whoever is the killer, it was not satisfied with one kill. "Oh no." he tried to cross the gate, but a force threw him back few meters away. He knew that it was the rune magic. "<<Can't get in. The rune magic would not allow me. Rune magic... RUNES!!>>" Jaken thought. He had worn a tiny rune that allowed him to enter the college with no problem. Being a supernatural creature would call for safety measures, but there would always be an exception. He ran back to the guard and looted his clothes in search of the small rune he would wear to enter the college, but there was nothing. The runes were missing. "WE MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM..." he looked in front "THE KILLER MAY BE INSIDE THE CAMPUS. I CAN'T DO NOTHING. i CAN'T GET IN. AND I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD GO ALONE. YOU MIGHT NOT SURVIVE."

Not long enought Jaken was right by Kiara's side, and he had spoted something that the elf missed. Jaken ripped the guard's shirt revealing some kind of cuts forming 3 letters: S A P.
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE MEAN??!!" he asked "HAVE YOU SEEN IT BEFORE??!!"
"No! I dont know what these mean, and for sure i had never seen it before!" Said the young sorceress. Them Jaken just had the stranger look on his face, not knowing what to expect the elf just followed his gaze too meet the same view, the gates had been broken! Kiara felt her heart sink, all her colours drained from her, this was too much, too was happening at once, first they were being hunted down and now the college, the place that look her in and gived her something in this life was in great danger.
Kiara snaped out of it when Jaken tried to force his way into the gates and as result got projected away. Soon he returned and started to loot into the guard's clothes, stopping with a dead serious face.
"WE MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM..." he looked in front "THE KILLER MAY BE INSIDE THE CAMPUS. I CAN'T DO NOTHING. i CAN'T GET IN. AND I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD GO ALONE. YOU MIGHT NOT SURVIVE."
Kiara was now on the edge of dispair, <"how could things escalate this quickly, this isn't right!! i ... i.. need to do something! i need to warn them!! I just cant turn my back now,"> her thoughts was a mess, trying to think a quick strategy. Them in a swift move she got on her feet and faced Jaken, she was nervous but her words were calm.
"Jaken...! I have a plan... I need a favor, please, please, go to the city guard post and tell them what happenned here, what we saw and what we found out, tell them to come and give assitance to the college. Mean while, im going to warn the college, i just need to active the bell sound alarm, its one of the college safety protocols, so... if the bell rings all college staff and students will know what to do!"
Her face was showing a lot of emotions right now, anxiety, dispair and fear not because of what might happen to her but mostly because of what could happen to those who were inside the college. She was dead serious about this but still deep in her eyes there was hope. Hope that Jaken would answser to her request.
"I know you are worried about me, but right now we need to save these people, besides, i have the upper hand, i know this place even with my eyes closed, all the secret passagens, rooms, etc, i grew up here, so please have some faith on me!" she said with teary eyes but still that didnt stop her to try to convince Jaken.
"Can you do this for me? Can you trust me, please? I promise i will get out of this alive..." she said in the most sweet and calm way she could manage right now always keeping eyes contact with the werewolf.

Last edited:
Jaken thought of Kiara's plan as he looked inside the campus, while the heavy rain was washing him up. Go to the city guard, warn them, go back, end of plan. But it was Kiara he was worried about, she was that type of sweet person that couldn't give a fight, she would die in the first 5 steps. He had dealt with deaths caused by him before, but they were people with no face to him, Kiara had a face. He couldn't bare to have one death of a person with a face again. But, all those students inside, they would all die. Sure, they were no-faces, but they meant so much to Kiara. He could tell by her facial expression. He clicked his tongue.
"YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!" he yelled "JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RUN, RUN!!! DON'T LOOK BACK AND KEEP RUNNING!!" he gave her a knife from his pocket "I'M NOT SURE IF YOU LIKE KILLING, BUT TAKE THIS JUST IN CASE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!"

Jaken made eye contact with Kiara before turning around and running to the nearest guard station. He could get there way faster by transforming into a werewolf, but that would mean ripping his cclothes off and scaring the crap out of the guards, maybe they would take him as a threat and kill him on sight, so the werewolf was not an option. The rain was getting heavier and colder as he ran through the wet, dark, and empty hallways of town. He hoped that Kiara was ok. He arrived at the station soon enough. It was a tall building, with all the lights turned on. Jaken rammed through the doors and alerted the guard.
"I need help."
"What is the problem sir?"
"The college of ELbion. It might be under attack of a killer. The front guard was dead and the gate was broken.
"Are there any people in danger?"
"YES!!!" he roared at the guard's stupidity "IT'S THE COLLEGE!!! PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS INSIDE THE COLLEGE!!! JUST SEND SOME HELP!!!"
"Do you have any proofs of killings?"
"YES!!! THE FRONT GUARD IS DEAD!!!! HIS BLOOD WAS SPILLED OVER THE PLACE GETTING WASHED UP BY THE STORM!!!"
"Alright sir. We will send a squad with you right away."
"FAST!! A STUDENT MAY BE IN DANGER!!"
Minutes later, Jaken stepped out with a 5 member team of guards, armed with swords, bows and mazes and ran back to the college as fast as they could.
"<<You better be ok Kiara.>>" the werewolf thought.

"YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!" he yelled "JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RUN, RUN!!! DON'T LOOK BACK AND KEEP RUNNING!!" he gave her a knife from his pocket "I'M NOT SURE IF YOU LIKE KILLING, BUT TAKE THIS JUST IN CASE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!"
Kiara was quite surprised, she didnt expect him to give her a knife, besides she didnt knew how to use it, she never had a fight with any kind of weapon, nobody had taught her, but she wouldnt tell that to him right now, otherwise he could just stop her.
"Jaken" she called before he could turn around, she then took off his jacket and returned it to him, allowing the heavy rain to fall all over her "You might need this, thank you, and please take care of yourself".
Seeing him running into the night the elf gave one last smile <"he can be pretty harsh on words but he really knows how to show kindeness in his actions and littel gestures"> she then faced the dark college.

As she thought the college was quiet, too quiet for her like, she crossed the large enterance garden, only the rain falling and her steps could be head on the large corridors now, almost all the lights were off, she didnt wanted to waste any time, time was gold since the killer could already be doing his job.
She needed to get to the bell that was on top of the clock tower, the best way to get there was to cross over the north wing, so she took a shotcut, a secret passage she had discovered when she was still a child, moving quickly and stealty she manage to get there. This was beeing too easy, something was off, but she couldnt think to much, so if the path was clear she had to keep moving.
Finally she managed to the clock tower, she only needed to climb all the staircases until she reach the top. Again all her senses were telling her that something wasnt right, too easy way too easy, but she pushed that though a side.
Suddenly the alarm bell rang, all the college staff and students got on alert, following the safety protocol, all the classes must gather at the entrance garden and leave the school accompanied with they headclass teacher, its was a process that would only take 5 minutes top, so her job was done.
The second she was turning around to make her way out a throwing knife flew pass her, she barely got time to dodge, getting a littel cut on her cheek, apparently the bell also caught the killer's attention.
A shadowy figure with two dual daggers was blocking her way out, she was traped and worst he was aiming to kill her.
The tower didnt have much space for Kiara to move freely so she was on a huge disadvantage, not knowing close combat the sorceress just could dodge and defende with quick spells, her opponent woldnt give her time to invoque offencive ones, like all mages, close combat wasn't the best choice and she knew that <"this is not good, think Kiara, think!!I need to get out of here!!! I need space...">
The atkacks just keep coming witout mercy, sure she was an elf and dexterity was on her side, but this little space was killing her.
The assaults were coming too fast, she felt like a mouse trapped into a corner and being toyed around by a cat, she was full of cuts, not serious ones but still it hurted, it felt like little stings followed by a burning sensation every time her soft skin was cutted.
She was scared, and physically tired, this combate was taking too long, draining all her remaining strength, then a idea pop on her mind, it was a crazy one but if this batle prolonged any longer she would be doomed.
Finally it seemed the assassin has had enough of this little game and come straight to deliver her a mortal blow.
This was her only opportunity and she couldn't miss it, <"Please god, i have a promisse to keep">Jaken's image appeared on her mind given her the confidence she needed right now. Soon the kiler was running towards her, she throw the dagger that Jaken had gave her previously, sure its was not suppose to hit the target, but did the job, the killer froze and defende the atack with his both daggers.
"Is this a joke to you little girl, how pathetic" said the hooded man.
This was it, its was her chance, Kiara sprinted towards him and invoke a light spell, a bright light appeared right in front of the killer's eyes dazzling him for a few seconds, that was all the she needs, she dashed passing him running down the staircases at full speed.

Last edited:
Jaken kept running with the guards towards the college, the rain made the ground slippery and the lightnings made his heart beat faster. He needed to get there quickly. Soon, he heard a beel go off in the college. Apparently Kiara had made it to the bell. Minutes later, when he reached the entrance, he saw that alll the students were being evacuated from the campus. Some of them hadhoodies on, while others were doaked in rain water. Some teachers were around the guard's body, observing the letters that had been formed in his chest. Those teachers did not allowed the eyesight of the students come in contact with the corpse. Jaken sprinted with the guards towards the students, looking for Kiara.
"KIARA!!!" he roared "KIARA, WHERE ARE YOU!!!????" he mixed up with the students being evacuated, until grabbing a male student "WHERE IS KIARA!!?? HAVE YOU SEEN HER!!!???"
"NO, NO. i HAVEN'T!! LET GO!! YOU ARE HURTING ME!!!"
Jaken pushed him away and kept looking for Kiara.
"Sir, what are you doing?" asked a teacher.
"Kiara is still up there!!! She activated the alarm!! She still might be in danger!!! Where is the emergency bell!!??"
"The clock tower." he pointed at the building where Kiara should be "The guards will be sent, please come back to safety."
"I CAN'T!! I MUST GO UP THERE FAST!!!"
"Hey, take this!!" said a guard, throwing Jaken a small rune "Lead the way!!"
"You won't be able to catch up with me." he said as he undressed "I will be way too fast for you."
Once he was undressed, he focused and let it happen: fur started to grow in his skin as his muscles started to deform and grow in size. His nails and teeth expanded to reach the size of those of an intimidating and uncontrollable beast. His legs broke outwards and started growing, and growing. His feet deformed and reached the shape of a wolf's. The lower part of his spine stretched out to become a fluffy and big black tail. His mouth expanded to imitate the shape of the snout of a dog's. His eyes became blue slowly, replacing those pure brown eyes into the deep blue ones he possessed. And finally The Marks of Runes started to weakly glow on his back as the transformation was complete. He looked back to the people "Find anyone suspicious!!" he said as he crossed the gate unharmed "Look for anyone among the students that have these on!!! It may be the killer!!!" he ordered as he sprinted towards the clock tower.

The werewolf had an hard job climbing the clock tower from the outside due to the rain making the walls slipery. However, the monster was able to reach the clock tower, jumping to the platform. Looking around for Kiara "KIARA!!!" he roared "WHERE ARE YOU!!??"

"She can fight." said a hooded man, emerging from the shadows "But she could be better at it, I'm sure."
Jaken growled, showing his fangs. "WHERE IS SHE!!??"
"Oh she escaped. I'm afraid you are not." the man'as eyes started to glow red. Then, transforming into flaming red before his body was consumed by spontaneous flames. Even though Jaken did not know what could happen, he made a run for it, jumping out from the clock tower before it blew up due to the man's self-inflected spell. The force of the explosion made Jaken lose control of his fall mid-air, making him hit the building next to the clock tower, stunning him for a while. He kept free falling from the tall tower, receiving various impacts from buildings and trees. Some hit him in the legs, arms, torso, and evetually his head. He hit the ground almost dead. He tried to get up, but his body would not allow him too, it was way too damaged and exhausted to obey Jaken's command. He gave up on the ground. The last thing he saw were lanterns illuminating his body and the people circling around him to make sure if he either alive or dead.

Jaken breathed slowly and weakely.

The werewolf shut his eyes, unconscious...

She had made it, she escaped, now she just needed to reach the front gate, she didnt dared to look behind, being afraid that the man would be chasing after her.
She just ran, passing through all the corridors and almost exiting the north wing, then she just froze in place, a man was just leaving the principal office with a hand full of documents, hiding them under his coat.
<"This cant be, there is two of them how?!"> when Kiara thought she was out of danger she just has encountered a new one, she really had no luck, but this time she wasnt on a confined space, so this time things would turn out around.

"How sweet ..." said the new assassin looking at her. Kiara didn't let he finish his speech, she just invoked 4 ice spikes aiming them towards his limbs, she wanted to end things fast. She was phisically tired and hurted but she still had a lot of her magic. The man was caught of guard, he didnt expected a multiple attack.
"I will kill you!!!" said the man with a burst of anger, rushing towards her.
Kiara just dodged the men's attack, then summoned a gust of wind that blowed him away, she was a fierce spell caster when the times called for it, all her study and years of practice has made her this way.

She had a perfect combination invoking ice, water and lightning spells one after another, the man was strugling, getting multiple cuts from the ice, them being almost drowned by a powerfull water geyser, and her final attack, a lightning bolt, since water is a good conductor of electricity this factor just made the bolt even more powerful as a result the man falled hard on the floor after being stunned.
She knew how to fight especially with her favorite elements, she just needed to keep distance.
After all these attacks, the man could barely stand.
Them an explosion could be heard, Kiara just had averted her eyes for a second and the man took this opportunity to run, Throwing a smoke bomb into the hallway, clouding Kiara's sight, she wasted no time again summoning a gust of wind to clear the air, but it was too late, the men just disappeared.
Suddenly, something huge just falled from the roof hitting the hard cold floor, Kiara rushed to the balcony trying to see what was that, she then saw a huge black wolf, then she connected the dots, it was Jaken in is werewolf form, she just rush through the building until she got to the garden.
There was already people circling the huge wolf, Kiara just forced her way through them calling for Jaken's name, worried sick she manage to get to his side and checking on him, he was alive, but had fell unconsciousness.
Kiara had to remain calm, but all this people around just doing nothing, were not helping at all, she breathe trying to regain focus and concentration.
A calming song started to echo trough all the garden and soon a warm light appered healing Jaken's body, it was quite difficul for her to enchant in front of all this guards, all the stares and little comments... When she was done she just gave a hard look to all of them for gathering around but didn't do nothing to help.
"At least help me to carry him inside" she just said.

Jaken and Kiara were now resting the in hospital wing, while Jaken was resting in one room, Kiara was being treated in another. Her cuts had already been healed, leaving no trace of scars, but she was suffering from magic withdrawals and exhaustion.

Last edited:
The next morning...

Birds were chirping outside, and the sun was rising to illuminated the water on the streets, buildings and trees. Jaken was resting on a bed, in a room the college had assigned him. His wounds were still healing and his body was still regaining strenght. He was close to dying the night prior, but he would live. The big werewolf snored and his chest expanded slowly as he breathed and contracted when air was expelled from his furry body. Soon enough, Jaken opened his eyes slowly. He could see the weak sun illuminate the room. He could feel his body's pain, not knowing what happened, he tried to get up. The werewolf moaned and growled as the pain came back to his body.
"Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy." said a nurse, placing her hands on Jaken's chest and pushing him down gently, putting the werewolf's whole body back on bed "Your wounds may open again if you force your body. Just relax, everything is ok."
"What happened?" the wolf asked.
"You fell from the clock tower. There was an explosion and you were badly hurt. A resident of the college helped you heal with a spell."
"KIARA!!?? IS SHE OK- UUUURRRGGHHHH!!!"
"What did I tell you about taking it easy?" she remained silent until Jaken calmed down "Yes. Kiara is ok, she is being treated due to exhaustion and some cuts. Do you know each other?"
"Yes. Is she ok? Nothing bad happened to her?"
"No, she is fine, don't worry."
"I need to see her."
"You can't right now. You need to rest."
"I have to see her!!" the werewolf demanded "She might now who the killer is!!"
"The authorities are already questioning her. Just relax your body."
"NO!! I HAVE TO!!!" the werewolf managed to get up and push the nurse aside, not badly, but it knocked her to the ground.
The werewolf limped 4 steps before going to ground, bleeding again. His body was in pain again, this time, he knew why. He was transforming back into a human. His wounds made the transformation agony, he felt the cuts and bruises change alongside with his body. He tried to resist the pain and keep walking but he couldn't. For a few seconds, his body was experiencing hell. He grunted and screamed, but nothing made the pain go away. When he was back in his human form, he felt his body in so much pain and he started to bleed again. It didn't help that he felt a needle on his shoulder, and inyecting something. Jaken fought back by instinct turning around, and pushing a doctor with a syringe. When he saw that, he felt his muscles giving up on him. He fell on the ground paralyzed, but not asleep.

"I'm sorry I had to that Jaken Larsten." said the doctor "But you need to properly rest. I just inyected you with a muscle relaxer. You will still be conscious and able to talk, but you won't move. As you should. You must let your body rest." Jaken became completely paralyzed "Nurse, please help me get our patient back on bed... and bring some underwear, please."
"Yes doctor!"
Both helped Jaken''s deadweight body back to the bed, they covered him with the bed sheets and tied his hands to the bed. Afterwards, the nurse ran for some underwear for the naked Jaken.
"Please, you must understand that your body need to lay down and let itself heal. Do you wish to talk to Kiara?"
"Yes..." the doctor nodded.
"Please bring Kiara."