Staff Reminder: Wiki Articles Require IC References

Velaeri

Judgemental Catbird
Staff
Character Biography
Link
Hello Chroniclers!

This is a reminder that all Wiki Articles except for Character Bios require IC references before being posted to the Wiki.

Members are encouraged to work on their ideas in the Sandbox area of the Wiki while you create your IC references for the official article.

Some Frequently Asked Questions for New Members:

What is an IC Reference?
An IC Reference is a link to a live roleplay thread on Chronicles where your idea (race, lore, location, NPC, etc) is written out and developed through RP.

Can I use other Wiki Articles as References?
Yes, other Wiki articles may be used as references if they are directly relevant to the article in question. However, other wiki articles may not be the only references provided. IC Reference threads are still required for your article.

How many IC References do I need for my article?
For general articles, 1 or 2 threads should be fine. For articles detailing larger entities or powerful things, you'll want more IC References. The bigger/more powerful the subject of your article, the more it should be developed over time through RP. We recommend starting small and building up your subject over time through your threads!

Does my NPC need IC References?
Yes! NPCs (Non-Player Characters) require IC references.

My Wiki Article for edits, what should I do?
If your article has received a Moderation flag at the top you'll want to check the "Comments" area of your article for the Staffer's comments on why it has been flagged. Usually it's something simple such as missing IC References or just needing more information. The Staff is here to help you make your article better.

I'm not sure how to do X Y Z in the Wiki and need help!
No worries! The Staff is here to help. If you have any trouble creating your articles please feel free to reach out to a Staff member either on the forum or on the Discord Chat. You can find our list of Staff Members here.

For questions, comments, confusion, or anything else concerning the wiki, please let us know!

Happy Threading!

Last edited: