Private Tales Read between the lines

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Oh god that sounds good too," Zana bit her bottom lip and looked back down at the menu as she questioned her decision. She had already tried a smore so perhaps it was a good idea to try something else whilst she had the chance. Her eyes ran over the menu a little slower this time reading every little detail about the other desserts.

"Maybe I will try the chocolate and orange fire ball surprise," she wasn't really sure what it was but it sounded delicious and she was curious about a dessert that involved pouring hot chocolate on a shell to make it appear. When the waiter appeared he took their orders and menus with a smile then vanished back towards the kitchens. Zana watched him go then smiled and took his hands once more in hers.

"I love this," her fingers played with his. "Being able to just ... be with you in the open."

• Love
Reactions: Talus
Talus nodded his head. "It's...something else isn't it?"

There was a joy to it.

Here he could touch her how he pleased, show his affection, hold her hand, even kiss her if he truly wanted to. People might judge them for it, think them a pair of young fools in love, but no one would try to kill them. No one would spy on them or report back to their bosses that something illicit was going on.

They didn't have to worry here, not like they did back home.

"It's what I want." He mused with a smile, his eyes watching her with such love it would have been impossible to put into words. "Here, back home, everywhere."

Talus didn't like having to hide, sometimes it felt nearly impossible to do so.

Especially in those harder moments.

• Bless
Reactions: Zana
Zana could only nod her head in agreement; anything further she said would just cheapen the moment. Talus had said it all so perfectly anyway, what more was there to add? He would be able to feel that she felt the same through the bond and that was the end of the matter. One day it would be - they had staked their lives on it.

Instead she gently put his hand to her cheek and kissed the inside of his wrist again with a smile.

It wasn't long before the waiter returned with their desserts and Zana once again turned her full attention to her food. It was an odd dish that presently only looked like a solid ball of orange moulded into the shape of a flame. She was passed a searing hot cup of melted chocolate and told to pour it on when she was ready. When she did it melted the orange ball away to reveal a beautifully made cake inside now covered in orange and chocolate. Zana was spellbound.

"Wow."

• Wonder
Talus' reaction was a mirror of hers.

The small desert he'd gotten seemed to be nothing more than a cake. It was vaguely red in shade, though the powdered sugar on top of it cloaked some of the color. He shrugged, watching as Zana poured some of the sauce over her chocolate orb and clicked his teeth.

Almost with an absent mind he sunk his fork into the cake.

As soon as he did of course the "lava" part of the desert began to appear. Like a molten river of rock an oddly orange colored fudge began to slip from the inside of the cake. It quickly spilled out onto the plate and covered the surrounding cake, ensuring that each piece of the desert would be covered with the sauce. "You know."

He said quietly as he took his first bite, delighting in the taste.

"I never thought food could be this exciting before I met you." Just one of the things she'd shown him.

• Bless
Zana's spoon hung from her mouth as she watched his dessert explode. It was clear her mind was racing as she tried to work out how she could make her own cakes do the same. For a brief moment there was a desperation on her face to figure it out. To know. To make it herself. But it was gone pretty quickly as Talus spoke replaced instead with pure happiness.

"I'm glad I could show you," her free hand briefly touched his before she returned her attention to her own food. "I still don't know who sent me my mothers cook book, though I suspect it was Sloan," the woman had tried to do everything to give her a little something of her history back. "But it became the only way I could ... control something in my life. We also discovered it helps during some of the visions - doing something monotonous like kneading bread or whisking."

• Wonder
Talus listened carefully as she spoke, remembering seeing the book once or twice before. He nodded as he took another bite, delighting in the flavor as Zana explained about her visions.

That odd pang of worry still clung to him whenever he thought about just how much her magic had made her suffer. The box that they had put her in, the exhaustion from lack of sleep, the nose bleeds. All of it made him wish he had another way of helping her control it. "Well."

He said as he tried to drag his thoughts to happier things.

"It helped me fall in love with you." Talus could still remember the first bite he'd taken, that Bolognese that she'd made for him. It had been better than anything he'd ever had before or since. He still craved it at times when she was gone.

It was the first meal their shared and would always be special.

• Love
Zana began to laugh.

"Well, they do say that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach," her lips pressed together as she tried to keep herself from laughing further. She put another spoonful of her dessert in her mouth and with her spare hand reached over to him and took his hand in hers. Her fingers twined around his and she finished her meal enjoying such an intimate and pure moment with the love of her life.

When they were done and finished with their wine, Zana left enough money to have the waiters whispering excitedly about their tip before setting off back towards their rooms for the night. Her head rested on his shoulder and every now and then she yawned, worn out from their day of travelling and her previous night of troubled sleep.

"Today has been a really great day," she smiled.

• Bless
The cobbles beneath their feet felt easy to walk on, somehow more comfortable that those in the streets of Vel Anir.

He knew that notion itself was absolutely ludicrous. Rock was rock, didn't exactly matter where they were or whom had placed them. Yet it was somehow still true. Perhaps because he could show his affections here, perhaps because he could hold her close even now.

"It has." Talus agreed with her quietly. "Tomorrow will be the same."

He was confident in that. "And the next..."

Slowly the Dreadlord leaned over and kissed the top of her head. "And even the next."

• Sip
The day that was 'and even the next' she would have to go home, but Zana didn't point that out. She was enjoying this holiday and she didn't want another argument on the matter to ruin that.

"Every day with you is a good day," she twirled out form under his arm to stand in front of him, both of his hands now in hers. Every step backwards was foot sure though there was a slight flicker in her gaze as though she were using her foresight to judge every single movement. "Thank you for bringing me here, for sharing it with me," her very own adventure. That was all Zana had ever really wanted in her life. And now she had something even better than her wildest dream; someone to share it with.

"I am really looking forward to sleeping on that bed though," it had been so comfortable her brief stay on it and now her limbs were nice and loose from her time in the springs she was more than happy to sink into it and sleep.

• Bless
Talus let out a small chuckle. "Maybe we can get one just like it at home."

The Dreadlord thought that might have been possible. He was pretty sure that their stay at the hotel probably already cost more than such a bed would at home. Vel Anir had some pretty decent mattress makers, at least that was what Fen had told him.

They walked for some time still, moving through the streets with some small smattering of others until they once again reached the massive Manor they were staying in.

"Maybe for once you won't try to steal the entire bed." His fingers ran over her for a brief second as they ascended the stairs.

• Bless
"I promise, nothing," Zana purred the last word. Once they got to the door of the apartment she once more stepped in front of him, her hands running up his chest before winding about the nape of his neck and pulling him down into a deep and passionate kiss. At the same moment the lock to the door behind clicked open with a small burst of magic and she stepped backwards into the room, pulling him after her.

Grey had been making himself at home on the sofas in the small parlour area but he looked up when he heard the two enter and gave a short sharp bark of excitement. He scrambled off the couch and then bundled between the two, sniffing at Zana's bag where she had stashed away a box of leftovers for him from the restaurant.

"Mm.." Zana pulled away slowly from the kiss and gave Talus a coy half smile before handing him the bag. "Why don't you feed him, I'm going to go slip into something more comfortable."

• Bless
Talus let his fingers drag over her for a few seconds, and then he nodded his head and stepped over towards Grey.

He scruffled the Wolf's ears and then leaned down to plant kisses on his muzzle for a few seconds. Grey wagged his tail, though whether it was because of the attention he was getting or because Zana had mentioned food Talus couldn't tell.

A few more scruffles, and Talus did as his love had bid him.

Some of the rations that she had brought with her were quickly dragged from her saddlebags and within a few seconds Talus had arranged a bit of a meal for the Wolf. As soon as the food was set down the hound immediately pounced, gorging himself like Talus did at any meal.

The Dreadlord smiled, taking a few steps back and throwing himself onto the giant bed.

• Popcorn
"You know, he really loves you."

Zana had shut herself in the bathroom whilst Talus was busy with Grey. His comments on her dressing up for him had not gone without notice and the last time she had been at the market she had picked out a few nicer bits of lingerie for their next trip. There was a mix of nerves and excitement as she tugged on the sheer chemise. Glancing in the mirror she fluffed up her hair to make sure it looked less like a birds nest before stepping out into the bedroom.

The chemise was navy blue in colour with delicate details in lace but that was mostly sheer.

Zana leaned up against the doorway as her eyes ran over him laid out on the bed, a smile tugging at her lips.

"I hope you're not too tired."

• Love
Talus was about to open his mouth to answer when he picked himself up to lean on his elbows. His mouth fell open agape, the words he was going to say lost on his tongue.

Lips pressed together for a brief second and he cleared his throat. "Never."

The word was only a bare rasp, Talus biting his lower lip as his eyes panned up and down Zana's body. Fingers tightened for a brief moment, and then suddenly he shifted. His entire body turned a translucent blue, and within half a heart-beat he snapped across the room.

Before she could think or object Zana would find herself pressed against the wall.

His lips seized hers, his hands pressing on her hips and lifting her up and off her feet so she had no chance to get away.

• Wonder
Zana fell asleep with their shared vision on her mind; a family, a life away from Vel'Anir and full of adventures. Her dreams should have been sweet and carefree but visions still wracked her body throughout the night. Eventually, she gave up. Grey joined her at some point and she simply enjoyed the rest of the early morning hours watching Talus sleep and thinking of their future whilst running her hands through the wolfs thick fur.

When the sun had finally climbed its way through their window she leaned over and lightly pressed a kiss to Talus' cheek, then neck and collarbone. Her fingers ran through his blonde hair and she twirled it about her fingers.

"Come on sleepy head, I thought you wanted to go on this history tour?"

• Wonder
A quiet noise escaped from his throat, a mix between a groan and a sigh of content. "Mrrg."

He replied.

In truth Talus would have been hard pressed to say what he meant with the sound, though Zana's lips eventually managed to coax him into some kind of resemblance of consciousness. A frown touched his lips for only the briefest moment, then he awoke.

"Good morning." He grumbled quietly. "I do."

The young Dreadlord confirmed quietly as he reached up and grabbed her, pulling Zana ontop of himself fully. "But it's vacation. It's supposed to be leisurely."

Clearly.

• Bless
Grey gave a yelp of annoyance as Talus stole his pillow but Zana's smile dimpled her cheeks as she pressed a quick, fleeting kiss to his lips.

"It is," she agreed slowly, then trailed her hands back up to his hair so she could play with the long blonde strands. Idly she wondered what he would look like with it longer in combination with a fuller beard but the thought was a passing fancy. Her smile grew as she looked back into his eyes that reminded her of the ocean on a summers day. She could easily drown in them. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she stole another kiss.

"But I'm hungry, so I'm going to call for some room service. Do you want anything in particular?" she kissed her way down his body then escaped out the end of the bed.

• Bless
"Mm." A new sort of noise escaped his throat as he thought about the food that he was about to eat. "Yes."

He had seen something on the menu the day before that had intrigued him. He had made them once for Zana, though they had been called something else then. Not that he knew that. His eyes opened as she pressed soft kisses to his body, slipping away from him a second later.

A smile touched his face as he looked at her. "Breakfast crepe."

He was sure that he mispronounced that.

"The one with Bacon." He liked bacon. "And tomatoes...please."

Talus liked those too.

• Bless
"Your wish is my command," Zana did a little bow as she drew on her silken nightgown. "And you, bacon and sausages for you too?" her green gaze turned to the wolf who had shuffled into the warm space Zana had vacated and now put his head on Talus' chest. He gave his mistress a pleading round eyed stare that could have melted the coldest of hearts. She sighed and turned, padding from the room with a shake of her head.

It wasn't long before there was a soft knock at the door and a maid wheeled in a tray of food. The two spoke for a little bit in low voices and there was an exchanging of coin from Zana's hand to hers before she left. Once they were alone again Zana carried the tray of food over to the bed, setting down Grey's first on the floor who leapt to eagerly devour it, before putting Talus' down in his lap.

"A-wa-la," she removed the silver dome that had been keeping it warm to reveal the steaming crepe. Then she grabbed her own plate of pancakes and fruit and scrambled back into bed with him.

• Bless
Talus had never had a crepe before, but as soon as he saw it he knew, knew to his very soul, that he would like it.

As Zana slipped back into bed with him he lifted his plate to ensure none of the food would spill onto the blankets, his free hand coming to gently pass over her side for a moment before he quickly leaned over and kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

She hadn't cooked, but that did not mean she didn't deserve a thank you.

Then, like only a man like Talus could, he began to eat.

Some might have thought that with a self contained food like a crepe it might have been difficult to eat like a neanderthal. Those people had never met Third Level Dreadlord Talus Morrid. The meal was consumed with all the voracity of a Dragon consuming a sheep.

In two bites the crepe, and all inside of it, was utterly gone. His fingers stained only bit a bit of the sauce that had been drizzled atop it.

• Haha
Zana hadn't even got the fork to her lips by the time Talus had finished his entire meal. She looked bemused then shook her head ever so slightly and glanced back to the trolley. There was the odd faint ripple of magic and another of the silver trays wafted its way over to them and set down on Talus' lap. Underneath the silver dome would reveal two more of the crepe delights.

Zana said nothing as she finally put her forkful of food in her mouth and chewed.

"So, I asked the maid and apparently there are guided tours of the city we could join, or we could just wander about ourselves and hope for the best."

Talus ate the second two as fast as the first, but this time between bites he spoke. "Ourfelfes."

He said with his mouth full.

A tour would be nice enough, but Talus knew that he was far too impatient to follow such a thing. He wanted to roam around, look at things, watch stuff, just figuring it all out on his own with his own time. Plus he was pretty sure it was more fun.

"Will be more our own speed." Talus said softly as he swallowed another bite. "Plus we can look at whatever we want that way."

More freedom.

• Popcorn
Zana was only a quarter of the way done with her food by the time Talus had finished everything on his extra large breakfast. She put another small forkful in her mouth and chewed slowly as she nodded in agreement with his idea. It probably took her as long to chew that mouthful as it took him to eat an entire crepe.

"Whatever you want my darling," she offered him a smile then took another bite of her food. "This is your day," she put her half finished stack of pancakes on his lap for him to finish off then patted the bed for Grey who jumped up eagerly for cuddles. He licked some syrup off her cheek and she laughed, scratching his ear.

"It also means I can find some clothes for you for this evening if you still want to go somewhere nice for dinner."

• Popcorn
"Of course." Talus said with a nod of his head. A smile touched his lips, and then as he finished off the last pancake he reached towards Zana. His hand slipped low, fingertips wiggling as he subtly sneaked his palm beneath the curve of her rear.

He looked at her innocently as he committed his crime.

"It's my day." Talus said confidenly. "But I still want to give you what you want."

She would feel a curling of his fingers.

The restaurant they'd gone too yesterday had been amazing, he wasn't sure that he could actually even imagine anything more extravagant than that. Though if it was...it might be the place for...Yes.

Well, at least after.

• Wonder
"Uh huh, and that's what I want is it?" Zana raised one slender brow at his hand groped her rear, though she couldn't help the slight quirk of her lips. She rolled over so that she was on top of him, silken nightgown rising up slightly to pool about her hips as she straddled him. Then, she laid down so her chest was pressed flush against his and kissed him slow and deep. Love filtered through their bond like the sweet call of a morning bird.

After a moment or two a wet nose snuffled between the pair as Grey tried to join in in the affections and Zana broke away laughing. The great hound licked them both in equal amounts, tail thumping against the bed in excitement. She was sure he didn't quite know what was going on but just that his humans were happy and that made him happy. Zana gave him a scratch behind the ear.

"Come on lazy bones," she kissed Talus once more then slid off him. "Let's see this city."

• Sip