Private Tales Out of the Mists

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Felix Armon

Ranger of Armon
Character Biography
Link
Tired... So very tired...
Felix Armon finally stumbled through the portal from the realm of Pandemonium... His clothes were battered and torn and stained with blood, both his own and demon blood. His hands were soaked in demon blood, literally, as if he had thrust his fists into bools of the stuff.

When he stumbled through the portal he found himself standing in a field... It was the field he left before the mist took him to the Pandemonium dimension... There were a few people in the vicinity... But no one was of concern to him right now... He was tired, exhausted really... But glad to be alive.

He let himself go totally limp, he fell like a ragdoll not caring where he landed, just that his body find rest in the grass as swiftly as possible.

His plan had worked... And though his efforts helped clear a path for everyone else to escape it seemed an unneeded effort that only seemed to doom him. He detonated a huge spell in that hellish place which attracted the hoards of demons to him... And he had only to keep their attention while the humans could face a smaller resistance on their own ways to the portal stone... But from somewhere human reinforcements came and they made their way to the portal... And he found himself alone with millions of demons hunting for his head.

His silver sword was useless against these demons... So he was forced to fight with his hands... But after killing hundreds of demons he finally made it to the portal, and exhausted the way he was now, he stumbled through it.

And now he just lay there, enjoying the grass, enjoying the sun... Even though his own blood was on his clothes his body was unscratched and flawless.
He closed his eyes and just listened to the sounds of a normal world... He would get up... But not yet...

• Yay
Reactions: Rice
Rice came through the portal blinking and bleary-eyed. Die you miserable half breeds, I will bathe in the blood of our enemies. Eoliaf shouted in her head in a battle frenzied rage. Thank you, child... Now I think I will take a nap. The Mighty one of Many Ages muttered. Rice's memory of what had just happened was fuzzy, she remembered being in the spine in the mists, Eoliaf had said that she could find help there. She had run into a bunch of orcs and then all of them found themselves in another place entirely. Things started attacking them, then the Mighty one of Many Ages took control of her body and all Rice remembered after that was a lot of fighting and blood and demons. She looked down at herself and staggered, realizing how exhausted her body was. She carried a short sword in one hand, it was covered in the black blood of those monsters and her clothes were spattered with both the black blood and some of her own. Her eyes grew wide with shock as she realized she was bleeding. She suddenly felt sick and her knees weak but had the sense of mind to check her injuries. None of them seemed too deep and she hadn't lost too much of it but the sight of it made her light-headed.

She shook her head and looked away, and changed her attention to where she was. She was not where she had started and she didn't recognize any of the people here. Then the man in front of her collapsed on the ground. He was covered in even more blood than she was. She ran forwards dragging the tip of her sword along the ground but stopped short right before reaching him. What if she hurt him? What if Eoliaf decided she wanted his blood to heal their own injuries. Don't worry child, this one's too cute to kill on a first date. Eoliaf chuckled.

"Sir? Sir? are you ok?"
Rice asked still not coming any closer.

• Yay
Reactions: Felix Armon
Felix opened his eyes when he heard a young girl calling his name. He slowly turned his head to look and saw a girl just about as bloody and messed up as he was, dragging a sword. And with his recent ordeal he would recognize those claw marks anywhere. She was wounded and bleeding... Bleeding...

He blinked hard and shook his head as he rested in the grass again.
"I'm fine... Just need to rest... But what about yourself? you seem rather worse for wear."
Through all the blood staining both of their clothes he could distinctly detect the life flowing in her veins and leaked a little from the shallow claw wounds. His clothes sported many similar marks, but his skin remained untorn... Or rather, all marks had since been removed.

He patted the grass beside him, his eyes closed, "Plenty of room... You might want to sit down before you fall on your sword..."

• Yay
Rice started at the mention of the sword, "Oh, right," She muttered and moved to return it to its sheath but she stopped mid-action flinching as if she expected an invisible hand to strike her. You idiot, what have I told you! do you want it to rust? Clean the damn thing before you put it away. You useless child. Eoliaf yelled. Rice wiped the blade off on a clean portion of her cloak before sheathing it and sitting down next to the man. She started to chew on her thumbnail as she glanced around nervously. Now be a good girl and ask the pretty boy his name. Eoliaf said sweetly. Rice hesitated and then flinched as Eoliaf coughed impatiently. "I, um... What's your name?" She said quickly, glancing side on at him as she continued to chew on her fingernail.

• Yay
She sat down beside him in the grass and asked him his name.
"Felix." He replied without opening his eyes. "You?"

At the moment he couldn't look at her. He had centuries of experience resisting the call of living blood, but it had been a while since he was this weak and tired. He was hungry, but he could hold it off. He had no intention of drinking the girls blood or harming her in any way. He would get his sustenance later.

• Yay
"Rice," She muttered still staring sidelong at him. Eoliaf had promised not to kill him but that didn't change the fact that she was still bleeding. She needed to find a way to make it stop. He had been nice to her so far, he hadn't chased her away yet, she didn't really want to stab him. But she doubted he would let her stab someone else. There were a lot of people around to though they didn't seem to be paying much attention to the two of them. If she went off and cut someone else people would be sure to notice... but this man... he was already on the ground... and he didn't look like he was in much of a condition to fight back.

Her hand began to wander to the hilt of the dagger at her side, her heart rate increasing, but she yanked it back before touching it clasping her hands in front of her mouth. She could feel the pain in her arm and side where the cuts were the deepest. She stared at the man lying in the dead grass. Her eyes wide and conflicted. His eyes were closed... it would be so easy.

• Yay
Felix smiled a bit, "Rice. That's a nice name."
A name that he doubted any parent would give to their child unless they really... REALLY liked rice. As for himself, he never had rice before... The true curse of his kind... The inability to consume anything besides blood and maybe a bit of wine. Anything but blood is absolutely revolting to their taste buds and stomach.

"So... How did a young lady such as yourself manage to fight off those demons? You weren't unscathed, are your wounds very bad?"
His coat was in tatters. He would gladly offer it to her to use as bandages if she were badly hurt. But right now he still couldn't bring himself to open his eyes or move... Not just yet.

• Yay
Rice froze. He said her name was nice. It wasn't exactly the name her parents had given her. It was just what Eoliaf had called her ever since she could remember. It was what had stuck. She had called her an insignificant piece of rice. But this man said the name sounded nice.

Ooh, young lady, haven't heard that one in a while. Eoliaf sang. Rice clenched her fists trying to ignore her. Then he asked her a question. How did she fight off the demons? In reality, she didn't remember... but she couldn't tell him what actually happened. "I..." She opened her mouth to answer but then closed it. Why was he being so nice? If he knew what she was, what was inside her, he wouldn't be so nice. And she was still bleeding. he couldn't stop her bleeding, she needed to stop it. She glanced down at her arm again and felt dizzy before quickly looking away. She could feel her heartbeat pulsing through her veins and her hand moved to her dagger again.

Don't you dare lay a finger on my prize before I tell you too. I am going to enjoy this damn it. You can bleed for a little while longer. Eoliaf warned. Rice's eyes went wide at the thought of Eoliaf forcing her to bleed more and before she could think she had grabbed her dagger and stabbed Felix in the leg.

As she drew the dagger out of the wound she held out her other hand "Iggia" She said speaking a word in an ancient black language. The blood from his fresh wound flowed into the air and towards her own injuries. It was less blood than she was expecting, it hovered in mid-air for a moment before disintegrating to dust. And instead of healing her wounds she felt a sudden burning sensation and an acrid taste in her mouth. She started coughing as the spell backfired.

What did I tell you! Eoliaf yelled. You ungrateful- Then Rice stopped coughing and the both of them noticed that the wound on his leg was completely healed. In fact, all of the places she assumed were injured looked completely unharmed, a lot of blood but no wound. Her eyes went wide. Great... now he's going to try and kill you. Eoliaf sighed.

• Yay
Her reaction was unexpected. He heard the blade of her knife sing from its sheath and felt it stab into his thigh. He opened his eyes and lifted his head to look and see what was happening. She was trying to use his blood for a spell. He knew blood magic very well, and also knew that his own blood was very weak and unsuitable for a spell the way he was now. Thus her magic turned his floating liquid blood to dust.

And that's when he saw them... not with his eyes, but with his... other eye... His minds eye. He saw a bright woman and a dark giant standing over the girl, looming over her, inside her, bound to her. Then he understood.
Normally he would pretend such a wound hurt... In the interest of maintaining a mortal cover. But he was far too tired to pretend now, and his wounds had already healed, even though it cost him that little bit of blood she took. So his cover was already blown.

He could see the girl was in shock from what just happened. He decided to take things in stride.
He closed his eyes again and laid back down in the grass. That little loss didn't help his energy levels. His voice was calm, but still bespoke his exhaustion.
"My blood is a little too weak at the moment, Miss Rice. A direct application may do your body more good at this point."
A little known fact was the effects K'i'ik'el blood had on the living. When applied in a small portion, unconsumed but applied like a salve, it could heal the wounds of the living, granting a weak version of K'i'ik'el regeneration that restores the wound to the time before it was cut.

He pulled off what remained of his sleeve to expose his pale wrist to her. Or at least... It would be pale if it didn't look like he went elbows deep into demon guts.
He changed subject then, "So... Are your passengers able to speak for themselves? Or do they simply puppet you around?"

• Yay
Rice was ready to bolt but he didn't try to hurt her or start yelling, he just tiredly glanced down at his leg where she had stabbed him. Then he offered her his wrist and explained why her spell went wrong. She stared at his wrist blinking before cautiously move closer and taking his wrist in one hand so she could run her blade across it. Then taking some of the blood she applied it to her own wounds. in a moment both of their wounds had heald back over.

Oooh, so he's offering himself to us, even though he's so badly weakened, how noble, I wonder what he tastes like.
Eoliaf mused. Rice wasn't sure if by taste she meant eating or kissing but the thought of both made her gag. "Ew don't," She muttered back to Eoliaf then realized she had said it out loud.

"So... Are your passengers able to speak for themselves? Or do they simply puppet you around?" Felix asked.

Rice stared at him in shock. He knew about Eoliaf and Tmooma. "I... um..." She had never talked about her guests to anyone who didn't then try to kill her. She wasn't sure exactly what to say. She began chewing on her fingernail again "They can take over the body some times... If I give them permission or some times when I am really tired," She explained.

Now that he know's why don't you let me out so I can have some fun? Eoliaf said sweetly. Rice shook her head. Tmooma kept me from my victory in Pandemonium. This is the least you can do to make up for that pompous fools overstep.

Rice shut her eyes tight and clenched her fists "No, you'll do something weird," She protested.

• Yay
He allowed her to take his blood, which weakened him further, but he could keep going. He sat up and looked at the girl. "Do they bother you? hurt you? make you do things you don't want to?"
He could still see them standing over her. He could sense their power, and while impressive it didn't seem to worry him too much.
"Do they have names?"

He was curious about these entities. They were probably the reason she survive Pandemonium. But from his own experience he knew that demons make themselves look good and help certain people that get their attention, maybe even save their lives or help improve their lives, but their goals for their charges is ultimately the destruction of the soul.

Some people wonder why evil people do so well with their lives, have wealth and everything they could ask for while being the worst person imaginable while a good person who is faithful and righteous and treats everyone well is cleaning gutters with hardly a copper to his name.
While there are exceptions, Felix believes that demons are a leading cause to the prosperity of evil people.

A young girl such as Rice... Alone in this world with no one to rely on or help her... Would be an easy mark for promises of power or whatever offer they gave to Rice for her to allow them to reign in her life.

• Yay
"Do they bother you? hurt you? make you do things you don't want to?"

Rice stared at him her breath caught in her throat. How did he know exactly how she felt.

Oh, sweetheart, you know I protect you, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you while I'm around. And if you're a good girl and do as your told you won't have to bleed. Eoliaf said, her tone gentle like a mother, yet with a thick undertone of condescendence. You wouldn't go around telling nice men lies, would you? We both know that your smart enough to know better.

Rice started off at nothing fear welling up inside her tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. She wanted to tell this man the truth but Eoliaf was listening. Taking a shaky breath Rice nodded ever so slightly, it was so subtle that if he wasn't paying atention he would miss it.

"Do they have names?"

Rice nodded again "Eoliaf and Tmooma," She said biting her fingernail "Tmooma sleeps a lot."

• Yay
Felix caught her nod, but acted as though she hadn't answered that question. He wasn't listening, but he could see the demon woman whisper in her ear which told him much. The larger one was indeed sleeping, even though he loomed over her like a black giant. But the differences between the two beings inside her made him curious. The white female was obviously a demon. But the dark giant wasn't so far acting maliciously.

"Eoliaf and Tmooma… The pretty one must be Eoliaf. But what does Tmooma do?"
The way he segued into the question was actually base jumping off of her confession earlier that they were not a welcome presence. He could see that the female was manipulative, but he didn't know what role Tmooma played.

He watched the girl. She was clearly in distress and tears were brimming in her eyes, and she kept going back to bite her thumbnail. He worried that she would bite it to the point of bleeding.

• Yay
Her tension eased a bit, she felt more comfortable talking about Tmooma. "Um, well, his full name is The Mighty one of Many Ages, but that's too long so we just call him Tmooma... when he's not sleeping he mostly just yells at Eoliaf or goes on about the war... Some times he takes over when I'm in danger... That's how I got through that other place." She explained.

Good job, now be a good girl and let me speak to the man. I promise not to do anything weird or kill him. Eoliaf said. Rice hesitated. She didn't want to give up control. Come now sweetheart don't be foolish, I'll forgive you for your refusal earlier but now the adults need to have a proper conversation. Rice sucked in her breath and for a split second tears welled up in her eyes before her expression changed and a smug grin crept across her face.

From Felixes perspective he could see the spectral form of Eoliaf switching with Rice, a new spectral version of Rice standing were Eoliaf had been and Eoliaf standing superimposed over Rices body.

She took her thumb out from between her teeth and rose to stand at her full height looking down at Felix
"You are smart, You figured us out. Most of the heckless idiots on this plain are so stupid, they can't even see what is right in front of them, much less what is hidden in plain sight. But you... But the question still remains. What exactly are you? We answered your questions, it's only fair you answer one of ours. Now I have my guesses but what fun would that be?" She chuckled.

• Yay
The demon was whispering again. Then traded places with Rice. To his regular eyes her demeanor had completely changed. She was confident and just as condescending as he imagined her. The average demon, just as he thought.
He remained on the ground as he replied, "So you are Eoliaf. And I am just another monster who chose the light over the darkness."

He changed the subject again, "Who gives you the right to take control of Rice like this? What are your intentions for the girl?"

• Yay
She let out a piercing laugh. "Light, darkness. Arbitrary concepts. I am surprised a powerful being such as yourself still ascribes to such ideas. And Monster is just something mortals call things they don't understand. Monster is something poor Rice has been called many times by the very adults who were supposed to be looking out for her. If I hadn't stepped in they would have killed her. My intention is to protect her when no one else would. To keep her safe. If you don't get in the way of that goal then you have nothing to worry about from me," She said steepling her fingers. Even though there was a condescending note to her tone there was also a strange genuineness. Perhaps she did actually care for the girl or she was just really good at acting. "And as for who gives me the right, I don't do anything without Rices permission. She doesn't want me to leave. Go ahead, ask her."

• Yay
When she was done he chuckled for a long moment. He stood up himself, his own size towering over the child, but he was looking eye to eye with the demon woman.
"You must be young, for a demon. It's simply philosophy that darkness is merely the absence of light, and thus you can have the spectrum in between, but Light and dark are at the center... However... Darkness is weak, because it is limited to the boundaries of the one who stands in front of the light and casts a shadow."

His face was etched with weariness, but also confidence.
"I am not a mortal... I am the creature mortals do not understand... And I call myself a monster, because I am the mockery of life, I am the abnormality, the one that is different." He points at Rice, but not her body, her spirit. "Humanity... mortals... That is the standard, the prize. The being we style ourselves after and imitate because she bears the image of the creator."

"I promised my soul to another being, once... I offered it to a being that had no true claim on it and couldn't pay its true worth... So yes, I am the monster... Isn't that how you demons operate? You make the mortal think their soul is worth nothing... So that you can buy it cheap from them."
His eyes bore into the spiritual image of Eoliaf. Calm but dangerously knowing... And for a moment she almost saw him reveal but a mere spark of his own spiritual presence, and that little spark was like the blinding flash from a camera in a pitch black room.

He looked down at Rice... The girl who stood apart from her body, worn by a woman who did not fit in it.
"Rice... If you could be free from these demons... If I told you I could provide you that opportunity... Would you take it?"
He waited for her answer, but was ready to spiritually intervene if he saw Eoliaf try to manipulate her decision.

• Yay
The spectral image of Rice looked up at him, hugging her arms to her chest, but didn't speak. She only glanced at Eoliaf.

Eoliaf waved her hand in the air dismissively "I find your mentality limited. It seems I overestimated your intelligence. I am not interested in her soul. And she can't answer you directly unless she is in the body," Eoliaf said before closing her eyes and switching back with Rice. Rice looked at the ground her posture shrinking as she hugged her arm. Eoliaf stood behind her and placed a protective hand on her shoulder. Now answer the nice man's question. She said without breaking eye contact with Felix.

"I... Eoliaf protects me." She muttered.

• Yay
Felix shook his head, "That's not what I asked, Rice. If you had the opportunity to be free... Would you take it?"
Her answer wasn't satisfactory. Fear or any number of things could have played into the response while Eoliaf looked smugly back at him with her hand on Rice's shoulder. He chose to believe Rice's admission to him before, when she nodded in his response when he asked if they were bothering her, harming her, or forcing her actions.
"She may protect you... But that's not all she does, is it?"

Suddenly his spirit came into being like a blinding flash of light and in an instant had grabbed Eoliaf by the throat, removing any threat or danger to Rice for a time.
"Don't worry, Rice... She wont hurt you, you can answer me."
He deeply hoped she didn't truly want this demon. Nothing made his blood boil more than seeing a human be manipulated by a demon. If she agreed he could banish the demons for a time with a simple word... a name... and she will be free for as long as she doesn't allow the demons back into her life.

No child should have to be possessed like this... No living creature should. But that is ultimately their choice. He could still banish Eoliaf, but Rice could merely allow her back in.

• Yay
At the flash of light, Rice gasped and fell backward raising her hands over her head as if shielding her face from a blow. "Please don't, you'll make it worse." She cried. She didn't really want Eoliaf to keep hurting her but this was all she had ever known. She had been told so many times that if she ever got rid of Eoliaf she would die alone. Then Eoliaf would always comfort her and tell her not to worry, she would always be there to protect her. And now this man was hurting Eoliaf, she would be angry, she would blame her later. It was never nice when Eoliaf got angry.

At the flash Tmooma also shifted and work up looking around he was at first confused and surprised to find another soul interacting with theirs. Then he took control. He didn't even seem to need to ask out loud, Rice's fear was enough to let him make the switch.

The spectral form of Rice stayed curled up in a ball hiding her face in her skirt while Tmooma stood up and looked at Felix with stern conviction. "I thank you, young man, for taking initiative and apprehending the Demon woman. However, I can't allow you to scare the young miss like this. Explain your intentions." He said, miraculously lucid for once, perhaps it was the close proximity to such a spirit of light.

• Yay
Felix began to think he made a mistake. This girl was so convinced of her own helplessness that she was afraid of later punishment from this demon. Tmooma finally stirred and inserted himself into the situation. Felix could see that this being wasn't a demon, but a celestial servant of some kind, which gave rise to more questions.
Rice was terrified and Tmooma demanded that he explain himself, even though Tmooma was evidently no friend to Eoliaf.

"You are Tmooma, you are a celestial servant are you not? Why have you allowed this demon to abuse Miss Rice? She fears what Eoliaf will do to her, or make her do. Why has Eoliaf been allowed to convince this child that she is helpless against her?"

He was in agony. The light was burning his own specter as well as the demon. And in his weakened state he couldn't hold her for much longer without destroying himself. The curse of being a creature of darkness. He flies towards the sun on wax wings... And when he flies too close they melt. But he always seeks that light, because it also means his salvation.

He was fighting for the soul of this little girl. The demon Eoliaf claimed she didn't want the girls soul, and that may be true now that he sees the giant is a servant of the divine, which means there is a stalemate here. But the girl is caught in the middle, and it is she who suffers from their meddling, and she no longer has the strength to stand up to them... If she ever had the strength at all.

His own strength was fading, so he called out to Rice, whether in body or the spirit so she could hear him.
"Rice... I don't have the strength to free you, but you can free yourself. They can do nothing without your permission, Eoliaf cannot even hurt you without your say so, and if you so chose, you can cast them out of your body and be free of her manipulations... But hurry..."

• Yay
Rice heard Felixes desperate words but she didn't quite understand. She peeked her head over her knees casting a fearful glance over at Eoliaf before hiding her face back in her skirt.

"Don't exhaust yourself son. You can let go now. I will make sure she doesn't do anything. At least for now, while I can. I admit I have been a lacking protector. In all honesty, I am very old and my facilities are not always with me. I am dying and not always able to be there for her. When this girl was a baby Eoliaf bound herself to her. I was unable to remove her nor was I able to destroy her without destroying the child. I did the only thing I could think of, I also bound myself to the child to try and temper this woman's evil as best I could.

I see you want to help the child but you also have to understand the complexity of the situation. Once the demon woman leaves she will no longer be limited by a mortal body, the amount of destruction she would be capable of would be immense. I would be able to destroy her but not if I was worried about protecting innocent bystanders."
Tmooma explained.

• Yay
Felix nodded his understanding of the old celestials words. If he were stronger he could probably help, or maybe if his brother were here they could deal with this demon quickly and efficiently. His brother was older, stronger, and knew far more than he did about the spiritual realms. Their kind were called observers for a reason... But as it was, neither Felix or Tmooma could assure Rice's safety, and Felix couldn't teach Rice in such a short amount of time about the Creator and his son to assure her protection outside of their efforts.

So he turned his glowing eyes on Eoliaf, "I wont go away... If you punish her, or force her to do evil, we will find ourselves here once more... And next time I wont be so weak."
With that his glowing specter released Eoliaf and faded back into his body. He was exhausted before, but this put him at the brink of unconsciousness. He fell to his knees before Rice, his eyes heavy and his hands loose at his sides.

• Yay
As Felix released her Eoliaf coughed and staggered back holding her neck her eyes fixed on Felix in a vehement glare. But she didn't speak or take action. Tmooma dashed forwards catching Felix before he faceplanted in the dust. He moved draping, Felixes arm over his small shoulders so that he could lean on him. "Come, do you have a place to go?" He asked.

• Yay
Felix shook his head to clear his mind. He needed to feed soon or else he would become bloodless. Felix exercised incredible control, but being bloodless was never easy even for him.
"I have a place In Alliria... I'll be fine once I get there..."
He did his best not to put too much weight on the girls body. There were even fewer people about, and they didn't seem to care about them. Felix looked around for the horse he left near this field, but he didn't expect to see it. It was a fine horse, but it was loyal to its stable.

He slowly adjusted to his weakened state and could eventually stand on his own, but his mind was not as sharp, in a fog, and every sight of a living being made his fangs extend behind his lips. He had seen others of his kind who became bloodless, some maintained better control, and others became ravening animals until their thirst was sated. He unhooked his sheathed sword and used it as a cane to help him walk. Even though he was only reduced to the level of an athletic human, he felt crippled and slow compared to what he was previously.

He looked down at the girl, "I don't suppose you know of faster ways to travel... Seems my horse wasn't confident in my survivability."

• Yay