Private Tales Night Fever

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
One would have thought that with Aranhil being such a skilled archer, he would’ve dogged the parsnip. Whether it was from his ego or because of other reasons, he didn’t and the parsnip bonked him right on the forehead before falling off and down into his plate. If Siobhan thought this would have angered him, she was wrong, his immaturity actually loved this. He grinned at her, tempted to throw something back at her, but then she did state the obvious: needing clothes. And despite being an asshole, Aranhil wasn’t cruel enough to make her walk around naked. That sounded humiliating and something his father would do.

I really like that shirt so I hope you can refrain from doing that.” He said, shoving his plate away from him. The parsnip ruined it all. Good thing he was done eating. “And where the heck are your clothes anyways? I thought you sent some over?” Aranhil sighed. “You can still wear that green dress right? I’ll bring you into the tailor tomorrow. We’ll buy you something for the meantime until we figure out where your clothes are exactly.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan shrugged as she pushed her plate away as well. "They were sent so I have no idea why they were not waiting at your home." She would've even taken Signe's clothes at this point. Something that was closer to her size. Anything.

She studied his face when he mentioned them going to the tailors. He was taking her out in public and she would have to act like a proper Night Court woman. Subservient to her fiancé. Only good for sex and babies. She was not looking forward to it and she felt her face somber a little.

"Where am I sleeping Aranhil? I feel like this day has dragged on forever." She leaned back in her seat and picked at her nails.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil couldn’t figure out how other things of hers had arrived but not the clothing. Something must have gone wrong on the Lusce family’s end. Maybe some airhead over there had sent the items to the wrong address?

“You should probably contact your family about the missing clothes,” he said slowly, wondering if she would be able to do that. Not because he would prevent her from doing so but rather because he wasn’t sure she could do so. He’d need to talk to her more about the whole situation between her and her sister. It seemed dinner was over. The two of them wouldn’t need to clean up, the brownies would be more than happy to oblige.

“You can sleep in my old room, where we were.” A slight pause. “I should probably get you some new sheets.” The brownies brought over a steaming plate of hot towels, and Aranhil wiped his hands clean with one before standing up. He started walking, sure Siobhan would follow him as he went to a linen closet and picked out some fresh sheets and a warm, down comforter. It was going to be chilly tonight.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan took a hot towel and wiped her hands like Aranhil had before she stood and followed him. She was a little disappointed that she would be sleeping alone if only because she wouldnt have the extra body heat.

Once the bed was made, she awkwardly said goodnight to her fiance with a nod and smile before removing the belt from the too large shirt and climbing into bed.

The redhead stared at the ceiling for a long time before she finally fell asleep. It was a fitful sleep with nightmares of the memories her power elicited. This was the other downside. She would have nightmares for at least 2 nights after the use. It was terrible and she hated it. She was sure she cried out more than once while she slept.

When morning finally came, Aranhil couldn’t really say he slept the way he had hoped. He was in a bed. That was fine. There was nothing wrong with the bed. He also wasn’t too hot or too cold. Also, sex put him to sleep, as did a good meal. Everything was ticked off for him to have the best sleep ever but instead he was restless. He was too tired to sleep. His mind wouldn’t let him succumb to rest until the early morning. When he woke up he felt like he hadn’t gotten more than three or four hours. He laid in bed, wishing to fall back asleep but upon realizing that none would come he got up and went to get dressed… except his clothes were in the room with Siobhan. Well hopefully she was awake. Was she a morning person? Somehow Aranhil felt like she wasn’t.

Making his way to the room, he knocked on the door lightly, hoping he wouldn’t have to knock louder and disturb her and have her yell at him for whatever reason. Or perhaps he should just quietly sneak in and grab his clothes and then head to the bathroom for a bath? Actually, that idea didn’t sound too bad. Now he hoped his knock hadn’t woken her up. He opened the door as slowly and quietly as he could and stepped inside the room, doing his best to minimize as much noise as he could, standing on his tip toes.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan had slept some but it was not peaceful. It was horrific and she felt more tired than she had the previous night. She had been awake for awhile when there was light knock on her door. She didn't say anything and the door slowly opened a moment later. "I am awake. Consequences of me using my power on you. Nightmares," the last word was quieter than the others.

Aranhil had tried so hard to not wake her and she appreciated it even though it was all for naught. She sat up in bed and smiled weakly at her fiancé. "I hope you slept better than I did," she said with sincerity. Sio had hung up her dress before she had gone to bed, but it was still wrinkled and looked terrible. She did not want to be seen in public looking like a mess.

"Is there nothing else in this house that might fit me? I do not think the dress really survived too well. I will look like a mess and that will embarrass both of our fathers." She removed the comforter and slid out of bed. Her feet hit the cold floor and she rubbed her forehead. She was still wearing the shirt he had lent her the previous night.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil must’ve looked ridiculous, his hulking form tiptoeing into his summer home bedroom, trying not to wake Siobhan up although he had just knocked moments before. The only thing that would have been the cherry on top was if the door had obnoxiously creaked to further warn of the duanann’ s presence. When Siobhan spoke, he swung his head to look at her with a surprised look, almost guilty, like a child who got their hand caught in the cookie jar.

I didn’t get much sleep, either.” He admitted, standing up straight and scratching the back of his neck as he brought his hazel gaze over to the wall to stare at absolutely nothing. And then he looked over to her green dress. “We really don’t leave clothes here,” Aranhil informed, walking over and picking up the crumbled dress. He inspected over it, seeing if there was any sort of obnoxious beading to it or lace. Luckily, it was made out of good material and expertly sown so it didn’t need a lot of embellishments. Good.

Well, time to show you why I’m my mother’s favorite,” he said easily, finding a hangar in the closet to hang the dress on. With some focus, combing his elemental affinities together, his hands created little orbs of steam, and he gently and slowly ran his hands over the green fabric, easing out wrinkles rather quickly.

Are you a breakfast person?” Aranhil asked nonchalant.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan watched in fascination as Aranhil used his elemental affinities to steam the wrinkles out of her dress. She smiled at him before walking over to retrieve her dress. She unbuttoned the oversized shirt and let it fall to the floor. Normally she may have been shy about getting undressed in front of a man, but he had already seen her with nothing. He had actually helped her out of the very dress the night before. It was only a minute or so before she was in her dark green gown.

"I enjoy breakfast, but, honestly, I would like to just get going if that is okay with you." She brushed her fingers through her thick red hair and smiled sheepishly at her fiancé. "I need to get a brush too...please." She also needed a bunch of other stuff, but she did not want to be too needy on day number two. He already could barely stand her and she didn't want to push it. She was too tired from his memories haunting her sleep.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil was quite pleased with his handiwork, and in truth, this is probably why he did become his mother’s favorite. His father often scoffed, would point out that there was a thing called irons and an ironing board and a maid who would do this, but when Aranhil was much younger, there had been a few times his mother had taken him away in secret to keep her dress flawless and pristine. So there was actually two things Aranhil was quite good at: archery and steaming clothes. Who would’ve known?

“Do you think a comb would work?” Aranhil asked, the moment Siobhan grabbed her dress he went over to his bag and began to rummage through it, choosing his own attire for the day and finding that comb he had previously mentioned and held it up to her. He looked up at her and noticed her hair. “We’ll get you a hairbrush for your mane too. And whatever else you need. But, you really need to ask your family about your stuff.” He added, standing up with his clothes neatly folded in his hand. “I’ll call for that carriage, get dressed, and then we’ll be off.”

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan combed through her thick hair the best she could. A brush would be better and she would get one today, but for now she would accept his kindness of lending her his comb. "Thank you," she said as she finished and set the brush in his bag.

She was ready to go in a few more minutes so she paced the hallway waiting for her fiancé. She had never been out in public with a man who wasn't her brother. "Aranhil, are you sure you want to be seen with me?" She didn't know why she was nervous about this. Probably because she was not Signe and if someone recognized her and it got back to either father.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil, despite whatever usually went on his head, felt the need to change out of the room Siobhan was in. Did it matter if she saw him naked? Not really, but there was that part of him that never liked changing in front of people due to the series of scars on his back. He wasn’t quite sure if Siobhan had glimpsed then, which she could have as there was that mirror right by the bed, but in case she hadn’t seen them, well, then he didn’t want her to look upon them. He did call for the carriage first before changing, and when he came out to the hallway to see Siobhan waiting for him, it became quite apparent that he didn’t rest as much as he needed to.

Why wouldn’t I want to be seen with you?” He asked as he lead the way for them to the carriage. He sounded exasperated, but he didn’t even think about that fact that he was supposed to marry Signe and instead had Siobhan at his side. He also figured that despite having the wrong Lusce sister, no one would even be able to tell them apart. Her own father couldn’t, right? He helped her enter the carriage before he slid right in as well, sitting across from her.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan sat across from Aranhil in the carriage and looked out the window with a solemn look on her face. She and Signe did not look alike aside from their eyes and hair. It was a genuine concern since most people weren't assholes like their father. She let the subject drop. She was not sure why the asshole was already in a bad mood but she didn't feel like dealing with it.

She didn't speak for the entirety of the ride. Her thoughts were still plagued with what would happen to her in the future. Would they ever love each other? They seemed to have had a good dinner the night before. Siobhan stared out the window as she thought and when they finally arrived at the tailor, she wanted for Aranhil to exit the carriage before she did.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil stared at Siobhan obviously, waiting for her to answer him. He fully expected her to speak, but, strangely enough, she seemed rather quiet. Had he done something wrong? Well, of course not, all he did was ask her to clarify, right? He did nothing wrong. So then… why the silence? Aranhil, for whatever reason refused to talk first, thinking that she would surely say something soon enough.

She didn’t. And before he knew it, they had arrived to their destination.

The carriage driver opened the door and Aranhil got out first, holding out his hand to assist Siobhan down. He then headed into the tailor, holding open the door for her as well. Even in the Night Court, a good tailor shop was sought after. Being in style wasn’t frowned upon the way traditional art was. And this tailor shop especially held many things— many things, Aranhil realized, Siobhan would need.

Well, uh,” he had came here often, usually for suit fittings, but he had no idea what Siobhan would need— but now looking around at the half of the store that was dominantly female, it seemed women needed many things when it came to dresses. What a drag. “I mean, you do your thing. Pick out just enough so you won’t have to walk around naked until your stuff arrives.” Aranhil offered, walking over to a counter that held all sorts of ribbons, different widths, materials, colors, even different sorts of lace to decorate the sides.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan looked around the tailor and frowned. She wanted her clothes, not these overly fancy pieces that the tailor sold. She did appreciate him caring enough to bring her here but she suspected it was so he wouldn’t have to see her naked more than he wanted.

She walked through the racks of premade clothing and picked out a few different things. A couple pairs of pants, three shirts, a revealing nightgown, and two flowy dresses. She hoped he was okay with this. She didn’t think she had gone overboard.

Once her selections had been fitted to her and tailored, they wrapped her purchases for her. She had also added in a hairbrush and a pair of soft leather boots. Siobhan was easy. Besides speaking with the workers, she had been quiet until it was time to let her fiancé know that she was ready to go.

“I am finished, Aranhil,” she said softly as she carried her three bags. “Did you want to go anywhere else? If you do then can I put these in the carriage?”

Siobhan looked over at him and gave a small smile. “Thank you,” she said simply.

Aranhil Voronwe

While Siobhan was busy doing her thing, Aranhil stayed next to the large assortment of ribbons. While she was being helped in the fitting rooms, he had called over one of the female workers, holding up four different colors, each a completely different style.

Which one do you think would look good with her hair?” He asked her, a serious look on his face.

“Her hair is the color of rubies, don’t you think this emerald green—“

No.” He said loudly and firmly enough to cause the woman to tense up. “I want one of my families colors, she’s my fiancé, she’ll represent me and my family from now on.” Aranhil watched her relax slightly, but the fact that she had tried to dissuade him with her suggestion still hung heavy in the air.

“Navy is quite neutral,” she said softly, “but I understand for the Voronwe cobalt blue and powder blue are the two colors associated with your name. So these two. The lace detailing on the powder blue is a gentle feminine touch.” She added. Aranhil looked at the ribbon, the navy, the cobalt, the powder blue, and the royal blue. He actually couldn’t remember which was navy and with was royal blue, only the cobalt and powder blue were different enough to stand out from each other.

A foot each of these two,” he asked, and when they were cut, and placed neatly into his hand in a small box, Siobhan had approached him. “Should we go elsewhere?” He questioned, more so for her than for himself. And that was when his stomach growled. He slid the small box into his pant pocket, a part of him hoping Siobhan hadn’t seen what was inside at least.

Put them in the carriage. I’ll sign for them and then maybe we can head for a late breakfast.” Aranhil told Siobhan. He went to the counter where the clerk was, signing for the items and was out in no time. He offered his arm for her to loop hers through as they would walk to a cafe that Aranhil was quite fond of.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan went and put the bags in the carriage while Aranhil signed for her purchases. She didn't say anything else until he had returned.

Her fiancé held out his arm for her and she linked her own through it. She looked up at him and smiled again. This hadn't been so bad. Perhaps they could even have a good meal like dinner the previous night.

After they had been sat at the cafe and ordered their drinks, Siobhan looked at Aranhil. "I tried to pick out stuff that I thought you would like. I hope you do...like it all."

Her voice was genuine. She really did hope that he liked the stuff. Maybe he would like it enough to take it off. A blush rose in her cheeks.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil was quite excited to be at the cafe. He may not have shared it with Siobhan but this was a special place to him. His mother loved coming here on their summer breaks and Aranhil had always enjoyed tagging along. Plus, the coffee was quite nice, very full bodied. And they sold light meals as well that was perfect for what Aranhil needed right now— he wasn’t sure why but heavy foods weren’t very appealing to him at the moment.

Believe it or not,” Aranhil said, completely missing Siobhan’s point. “I’m not that into fashion. It’s nice being attractive, I could wear garbage and everyone would still flock to me. You’re lucky you know, I’m the most attractive out of all of my brothers.” He informed her. Their drinks arrived and Aranhil ordered two plates for them as well. The waiter had just left right and Aranhil was about to brag more about how gorgeous he was until a voice cut him off right as he opened his mouth.

“Ari~ is~ that~ yooooouuuuu~?” Aranhil immediately stiffened. He knew that voice. He paled, that bravado he had been showcasing draining. He slowly turned to see a tall blonde woman making her way towards him.

I hate my luck.” He muttered under his breath before straightening up in his seat. He wouldn’t stand for her. No she had lost that privilege when she broke his heart into a thousand pieces.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan just sighed as he went off about how beautiful he was. She had tried to flirt with him - impress him - and it had completely gone over his head. He was completely ridiculous but at least he wasn't wrong. He was gorgeous and she was lucky to have the hot one.

She heard his nickname and she saw him stiffen. He knew who the blonde that was approaching them was. Siobhan looked between him and her as she stepped up to the table.

"Ari, it is you!" Her voice was shrill and bored at the same time. Her words drawn out like she needed extra time to think of the next word. She touched his shoulder and Siobhan felt an anger start to rise in her.

"Oh, hi! I'm Judy!" She introduced herself to Siobhan with an evil smirk on her face. "Ari and I used to be lovers." She touched his again and smiled down at him.

Siobhan glared at the bitch. Lovers. She didn't like this Judy at all. "I am Siobhan, his fiancé." She pronounced every syllable with venom.

"Oh! Let me see the ring!" Judy grabbed for Siobhans hand before the woman could pull it away. "Oh...he hasn't gotten you a ring? Hmmm..."

Siobhan was going to kill her if Aranhil didn't say something. Right now.

Aranhil Voronwe

His first love that had lasted nearly a century. He wasn’t sure why he had become so enthralled with Judith. It was supposed to just be a one night stand. That turned into many more. And then she announced that they were dating and he went with it. For 92 years. There was talk of marriage of course, but nothing concrete had ever came up.

Why? Because Judy was the first to leave Aranhil the moment someone better came up. Which happened. And she had just left Aranhil a poorly written letter in handwriting that must have belonged to a child.

What was more surprising was the fact that Siobhan seemed upset by Judy’s presence and how she seemed to be laying claim to Aranhil. Which Aranhil couldn’t imagine why. Wasn’t she off living it up with Mr. Moneybags?

Our engagement was settled yesterday, Judith.” Judy was her nickname. It was the most polite way Aranhil could tell her not to call him Ari. Judy was too much of an airhead to notice.

“Ooh, arranged marriage. Such a shame.” Judy kept one hand on Aranhil’s shoulder even after he tried to shrug it off. “Poor Siobhan, has she met your father? That old grouch.”

My mother likes her.” Aranhil responded back.

“Of course, of course. Ari’s mother loved me.” The last sentence was directed towards Siobhan.

Where’s your husband? I should tell him hello and remind him that his wife is touching another man.”

“Oh, he doesn’t care. Not that he’s here. But if he was, I’m sure he’d just get… excited. He’s nothing like you Ari, not possessive at all. Gives me freedom. Doesn’t try to control me.”

I did none of that!” Aranhil growled, this time raising a hand to forcefully remove her hand off of his shoulder. “I’m not controlling or possessive.” Those words reminded him of his father. He hated the fact Judith knew exactly where to get him, despite being an idiot, she had a mind on how to hurt people while seeming like the victim.

“Well, I suppose you’re a changed man, you’re not even claiming your supposed fiancé.” With both her hands free, Judy did air quotes on the final word and rolled her eyes.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan was definitely being the more possessive one right now. She wanted break every finger in Judith's perfectly manicured hand. She seethed as they spoke and finally broke when the bitch put quotes around fiancé. Sure, this wasn't Siobhans ideal marriage right now but it was hers. He was hers and she was his.

Siobhan picked up her very large, very hot mug of coffee and brought it to her lips. She looked at Aranhil for a split second before she accidently let the coffee slip from her hand.

It was like it moved in slow motion as it hit Judith. The bitch screamed and jumped back. Too late. The brown stain went down the entire front of her white dress.

Siobhan looked up at her innocently, "I am soooooooo sorry, Judy! I am just so clumsy!" Her voice was all sarcasm and she just shrugged.

"I do hope my gorgeous fiancé takes me home and punishes me for my terrible manners." If it were possible, her eyes went wider and she bit her bottom lip.

This was the Siobhan who had gotten in all the trouble. Who had taught her little sister how to be a little shit. Who would fight any bitch who put a hand on her man. She was the only one who could hurt him.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil had no idea what to say, especially when it came with the passive aggressive nature of his ex girlfriend. It’s not that he didn’t want to shut her up, he just didn’t know how. She just kept twisting his words into something completely else. It was obnoxious.

But leave it to Siobhan. Aranhil wasn’t sure why Siobhan gave him that look but the moment her wrist seemed to spasm as if Siobhan had just be possessed caused Aranhil’s hazel eyes to widen. He watched in slow motion as the coffee splashed all over Judy’s center. That stain was going to stay in there.

YOU!” Judy shrieked shrill like some dying chicken. Aranhil couldn’t help but laugh. It was rude, yes, but it was hilarious at the same time. Judy glared at the two of them which caused Aranhil to try and regain his composure. “I’LL PUNISH YOU MYSELF! You’ll rue the day you tried to make a fool out of ME.” She seethed before storming off.

I think you deserve a reward, not a punishment.” Aranhil said as he watched Judy leave the building. He looked at Siobhan, his gaze mirthful. It was fun to see her terrorizing others instead of him.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan giggled maniacally as Judy shrieked loudly. She didn't pay attention to the threats that Judy was throwing out because she was enjoying seeing Aranhil laugh. He was gorgeous and the laugh just made him more so.

"What kind of reward are you going to give me, hmmm?" Her eyes glittered with mischief.

After a few moments, Siobhan reached across the table and gently took Aranhil's hand in hers. She was afraid he would pull away and she kind of didn't want him to. "I am your fiancé and I am the only one who is allowed to touch you. I will fight any bitch who thinks otherwise."

She was going to make this relationship work and that was that. He was hers. End of discussion.

Aranhil Voronwe

What reward indeed. Suddenly, Aranhil’s eyes widen ever so slightly as an idea came to him. He watched Siobhan though. Her evil giggle was cute. Once again, when it was not against him. And she even went and held his hand. And she called Judy a bitch. Yet there was still that hesitance as this could go well, or Siobhan was about to laugh at him. He took a deep breath.

Well, I’ll have to discuss a ring with my father.” It was a large purchase, and while Aranhil was a simple man, he wouldn’t just give his future wife a simple band. No, something fanciful was needed, if only to show the wealth of the Voronwe family. And to shut up someone like Judy. He took his hand out of hers, only to pull out the small box he had placed in his pocket. He opened it in front of Siobhan and pulled out the powder blue ribbon. This one specifically because it wasn’t wide, only being three centimeters even with the lace trim on the side.

The steak knife on the table was picked up as he measured what would be a good length and then he looked at Siobhan. Vulnerability shown in his eyes as he reached for her hand, tying the ribbon around her ring finger. His centuries of archery made this an easy task and he finished it off with a decent-looking bow to serve as the centerpiece.

Until then, this will have to do. Well,” Aranhil blinked, realizing how cheesy he was being. Siobhan was most surely going to laugh, or maybe spill coffee on him next. “I… I know this is for decorating your hair, and that’s why I originally bought it, but I just thought… it might be awhile maybe, until the ring arrives.” To save Aranhil from rambling on further, a server brought over their food.

Oh, can you get her another cup of coffee? We accidentally had a little spill.” Aranhil asked, looking at Siobhan and giving her a playful wink.

Siobhan Lusce

A ring. Siobhan had not even thought about a ring until now. She certainly did not think that Ari would want to get her one. She watched him pull out a small box and he pulled out a thin powder blue ribbon. She cocked her head to the side as he grabbed the steak knife and cut it.

Aranhil took her hand again and tied the piece of ribbon around her ring finger. She lifted her hand and looked at it like one would examine a real ring and then she looked across the table at her fiancé. Siobhan smiled at him with a genuine smile. "I love it, Aranhil. It is perfect."

The waiter set down their food and Ari ordered her another coffee. His wink made her feel something deep inside. Was she starting to like him? No, of course not. No, she was. The nice dinner the night before and now this. "Wait..." Her mind caught up with what he had said about the ribbon. "You bought me ribbons for my hair? In your family colors? Thank you..." He was full of surprises today.

Aranhil Voronwe

Perhaps it was food that made Aranhil nice. Or perhaps it was the fact that despite being in Night Court, he wasn’t totally a dick twenty-four-seven. He released a breath that he hadn’t realized he had been holding, he most definitely thought that perhaps, Siobhan would scoff at the gesture or roll her eyes and call him childish. But it seemed to have the opposite effect completely. She was happy with it.

Well, yeah, I mean,” he sighed. Why was he being all awkward now? Probably because yesterday he had been so cruel to her. He was so upset with his circumstances, with his father acting all high and mighty right before they picked her up, and then everything she had done yesterday— well it did irritate him but that didn’t mean she deserved his brutality. Sometimes he was just too much like his father. “You’re going to be a Voronwe. Our colors represent the stormy skies, so, gotta get you on with the rest of us. Plus, I think they’ll suit your hair color too. Maybe. I don’t know. I know you’re into green.” He shrugged and then started eating his food, needing to shut his rambling up with something before he sounded more like an idiot.

Siobhan Lusce