Private Tales Night Fever

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Siobhan Lusce

Lusce Family Troublemaker
Character Biography
Link
Siobhan smiled at his awkwardness. He was adorable when he got flustered. "Stormy skies seems very apropos for how this relationship has started," her voice was soft as she took her new coffee from the server. She watched him eat and just watched him for a moment before she, too, started to eat.

After a couple bites, she spoke again. "I do like blue, by the way. Both blue and green are my favorites and look good on me." She grimaced at how she sounded mildly conceited. The two of them really were meant for each other, weren't they.

"Um...was there any mention of when the powers that be want the wedding to be? Because that is going to be a fun time. Our fathers are not going to be happy that they were duped."

What if they tried to stop the wedding after the found out she wasn't Signe...

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil Voronwe

Rip Off Prince Zuko
Character Biography
Link
Aranhil nodded his head. He could agree that this relationship started very rocky. He wasn’t sure if it was going to be smooth sailing from here on out, but as long as they both tried to be kind, they could at least get along, couldn’t they? In truth, Aranhil had no thoughts of them falling in love. He couldn’t imagine, really, being in love again. Not after how sour things had went with Judy. The idea of being vulnerable with another person, never knowing their true feelings— it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Well, I’m glad you like the color. During big events, my father does expect us all to wear blue. But, any shade is fine,” he looked over her, down at the ring he tied to her finger. “I think the softer ones look nice on you too.” He said, a bit absentmindedly. He was happy when Siobhan changed the conversation. Although, the topic wasn’t a comforting one, rather it was far more concerning.

Oh. Shit.” Aranhil looked at Siobhan, a flicker of worry going through his eyes. “I don’t think my father would get too upset, as long as you’re really from the Lusce family. Perhaps your father won’t be too upset either? I mean, I am the last bachelor for the Voronwe family. Our union is also a good deal for your family, considering your father is a general and so is your brother.” Aranhil was thinking aloud, but he didn’t feel reassured. “Do… should we… tell them?” It was a rock and a hard place, after all, Aranhil was sure that whether they told their fathers or not, he was sure there would most definitely be an angry reaction.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan Lusce

Character Biography
Link
Siobhan fidgeted for a moment. She had an idea. It was an absolutely crazy idea and he probably wouldn't agree to it but if they did this then no one would be able to split them up once the truth came out. She was not doing this for her. She was doing this for Signe. She would grow to like Aranhil in time and perhaps there would be love someday. She had to protect her sister.

"I have an idea, Aranhil," she let out a deep breath before continuing. "What if we went ahead and got married in secret? Very soon before anyone can figure it out. Once we are married, they cannot make us divorce. It would look even worse than a broken engagement for our fathers."

She grinned slightly evilly now and took a sip of her coffee. It was excellent and she was happy to drink this one. She closed her eyes and then shook her head.

"Nevermind. That is a terrible idea. I do not want to tell our fathers though. No, thank you."

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil Voronwe

Rip Off Prince Zuko
Character Biography
Link
Aranhil blinked slowly at Siobhan as she said her idea. That was… strange. Well, it was strange that it came from her because she had tried killing him how many times now? Or at least she had been vocal about how she wished he was dead. However, Aranhil sat back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling as he mulled this idea over. In all honesty, he couldn’t guarantee that his father wouldn’t be mad. And if his father was mad, sure, maybe the majority would be directed at Siobhan until he somehow found out that Aranhil had known and had decided to continue to deceive him.

Those brownies back at the summer house bothered Aranhil for good reason: they could be unseen very easily. Who knew what they heard. What they were reporting back. What if they had already done so?

And considering Aranhil had taken Siobhan’s virginity, he was certain the head of the Lusce family would be upset. His daughter would always be seen as soiled even if it happened during an engagement.

What if we end up hating each other?” Siobhan had a good plan, Aranhil couldn’t ignore that. And he was tempted to move towards it. However, there was one thing that nagged him. “You have a chance to be engaged to a different man. I don’t know what would happen when you got home, what sort of punishment awaits you and your sister… but maybe you could be happier with someone else. If we get married, you know divorce is out. This…” he hesitated once more. “This could be your last chance. At happiness or… something.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan Lusce

Character Biography
Link
He was right, of course. Marriage was permanent. She still had time to get out of this until the official wedding and she was willing to throw away that safety net out. She didn't have choice though.

"Listen, there is a chance we will hate each other. If that happens then we can just take lovers or something. Live in separate parts of the house...I don't know. I am just afraid that if I am found out and we are not married then I will be punished." She looked down at her coffee cup. The idea of living a different life than him made her stomach hurt and it confused her thoroughly.

She knew that Saang wouldn't let her father lay a hand on her but women disappeared in the Night Court all the time. Siobhan could end up being another missing girl and Signe would be pushed into the open engagement spot. Their fathers didn't care which Lusce was marrying into the Voronwe family.

"I have no idea if this is the right option, but I just feel like it is going to get out. You have a chance to find someone else still, Ari...Aranhil. You could blame it all on me and find a fiancé who hasn't tried to kill you..."

Her voice trailed off as she ate a bite of food before it got cold.

"So, Aranhil Voronwe...will you secretly marry me?" She smiled a conspiratorial smile at him.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil Voronwe

Rip Off Prince Zuko
Character Biography
Link
Quite often, marriages tended to be just for show. It wasn’t unheard of for a married couple to have secret lovers. Besides, many marriages, at least between duanann, tended to be for the politics within court. It was always a power grab, never for love. Aranhil debated this. Absently he pictured Siobhan taking a lover and the only thought that bothered him was her getting a secret lover before he did. Like he’d let that happen.

I don’t want you to be punished,” Aranhil said genuinely. He winced as she said his nickname. It felt strange, coming from her. Sure she was being sweet now but their personalities made Aranhil feel like they were the truest embodiment of oil and water. They would clash again, wouldn’t they? They still had so much to learn about the other.

No.” Aranhil said for her final question, a grin appearing on his face after a few seconds of him looking at her blankly. “I should be the one proposing. Not you. Your family would kill me.” He couldn’t blame them if they tried for that reason. Aranhil motioned for the server to bring them the bill. “Now, let’s do this the right way. We’re supposed to run off in the middle of the night, we can’t let anyone possibly know. You can ride a horse, can’t you?

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan Lusce

Character Biography
Link
Siobhan smiled at her very soon-to-be-husband, "of course I can ride a horse. I am the daughter of a General. He might be a terrible father but we did not want for anything."

The waiter brought their bill and Siobhan watched Aranhil settle the tab. She finished her cup of coffee while she waited. Should she buy another dress? Should she wear one of her new ones? Where were they going to go? Was she insane? All these questions were forming in her mind now and she was a little worried. This was the right thing to do...she hoped.

"Yes, we run off and we do not tell anyone. Well...don't we need someone to marry us and a witness?" Siobhan chewed on her bottom lip nervously. She didn't know how to go about getting secretly married. She let out a thoughtful hmmmm.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil Voronwe

Rip Off Prince Zuko
Character Biography
Link
They were going to do it. They were going to get married. They had only known each other for twenty-four hours, had fought more than they had gotten along, and now they both decided to get married. Perhaps it was to anger their fathers—who they both seemed to have lingering daddy issues with. Maybe it was because this was technically the safest choice for them, once again, because of their fathers. Aranhil paid the bill, his mind racing.

I’ve heard of a place that a lot of people go to, some love temple and whatever.” He ushered for Siobhan to follow him, opening the door of the cafe for her before leading her to the carriage. His walk was brisk and he held her hand so she could keep up with his much longer legs. “You can’t use the leys. Two days travel. We should leave today though. I need to go back, I want my bow.” He said in a hushed voice. Hopefully there wouldn’t be any danger but you never knew in Night Court.

Siobhan Lusce