Discussion Niddie's chronicles art gallery

Nidraak

Character Biography
Link
Yo, It's me, Nidster.
Ima post me art here, first I just gotta compile all my work tho. Enjoy. Might update every so often with new art.

So... let's start with the roots.

My first character here is... Mabess.
Mabess originated as a member of a species that one of my good friends created. It was a feline that lived around volcanoes. Mabess was at the time called Mab.
I decided I'd RP these straight and feral, no speech no anthropomorphic nonsense. And frankly, the species creator ended up enjoying those RPs the most, they read like nature documentary and we both ended up collaborating together on species concept, he with ideas, me with making them feel real.
All in all, it was real good fun. Regardless, times changed and we moved on. Ahem.
I changed Mab into Mabess, a leader of an orcish tribe (20-30 or so members) so she could be part of my personal world and no other race could capture Mabess' raw brutality.
(The species was very solitary with females massively outweighing males, Mabess ended up having to defend her territory a lot of times)
Mabess used to have a ponytail I think, and the skin was brown, so when I ported her over the chronicles, I was very much 'by the rules'. And since the orcs here were described as green I was like whelp, time to change the skin tone.
and do a new artwork of her!
And this it was lol.

proxy.php

My next character was a dark elf. (One funny thing I noticed that Mabess was the 40th account on the site and Faelin was the 50th..lol)
So early on the site and getting a dark elf off the very vague and minimal lore on the sharathi was...interesting. Ya know, attempt to develop that further.
Ended up doing an entirely different type of elves, so made them their own thing, the nocturnal elves instead ewe.
And dark elves ended up blooming all over many times at different times, they're probably now the most diverse subrace chronicles got.
The idea to give Faelin a tartan cloak actually came from Lindybeige's video on cloaks lol.
And well, his straw hat... He hates the sun!

proxy.php

Bruh, my fishboy. Mersnek #74
Savei, when he was still a kid xD when he was still a smol.
When I was churning out characters to RP, and this one was to be my third, I ended up usually just roughly colouring in a character image just so I get the basic visuals across first. Later in you'll see more fleshed out images cause I had something to work with, and I was not in a hurry to complete a bio.
But hey, even in a hurry you should afford to do some flair.

proxy.php

#88 Sannoru (decided I might as well write down their numbers, cause I wonder if anybody else is such a nerd that they just change the ID number to hop to the right character instead of selecting them on the drop-down menu...OTL)

So I was currently unable to recover the whole page of San. So here are some, highlights. While I was drawing san I was also practising faces and expressions lol. With san I was so indecisive about gender that their face ended up melding from masculine to femenine like some pendulum.
Also here is a neat detail of how the eyes of nocturnal elves do in strong light vs almost no light.
Also look at that kyoot smile.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Anyway, that's all for now with the OG cast of characters.
I'll fetch other art later ewe. I think i'll try to go chronologically?

Yo. So I've done flags too.
When I originally started making them, they really weren't that important.
I gave them a description through text, some sounded nice.
Whenever making a flag I first try to put it in words and then draw it.
But I always imagined the yellow sandy sand place being colourful in some way or another.
So it was time to draw.

These were the first sketches for the flags.
The white swallow's Nadim's Zakariyya's and Nariman's
The deal with nariman and nadim is that I misremembered the flag colours.
The colours for nadim were inverted and Nariman's flag was actualyl a red horse, whoops.
But I like these better.

proxy.php

Then I started making flags for places.
The first was merely a sketch placeholder, but the next one is tasty.
Old As Nineban Flag vs New As Nineban Flag
proxy.php
proxy.php

Quite the differance huh.

I decided to revamp the flags to be better. THEN I decided to just tweak them a smidge.

Before tweak
proxy.php

After tweak
proxy.php

These are currently all the flags that are in use by some place or another.

proxy.php

Here are unused flags. The last flag has the colours Nadim's flag was originally supposed to have.

proxy.php

Here's some variants for the flag I did for Harrier 's Lazular and my Farid Ibn Baha lol.
proxy.php

I think this is the earliest flag anything I did. This was for ermengarde, it's just a sketch musing.
proxy.php

That's all for flags.