Dreadlords More Coming

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
Alistair let his mana dissipate as he felt Salak's hand, but he kept his eyes trained on Edric. If there was even the slightest fluctuation in his aura then he was going to strike first.

He could feel Edric's own desire to fight, or at least his initial response to defend himself. He truly saw Alistair as a danger, and maybe he was right. However, Alistair truly believed he was the best one to solve this problem, but he could not do it barehanded. He needed something to offer the Vel Anir, anything...because if he did not come home with something to offer them, then they would send others. They would stop sending classmates, trackers, or spies. The next pursuers would be warriors and they would be stronger, and talking would not be an option.

Alistair was determined to solve this without killing, even if that meant some violence. He was preparing to attack, as he expected Edric to do in turn. Surprisingly, he saw the tension relax ever so slightly and then he spoke.

Al hesitated, wondering if there was some trick. Why had Edric stepped back? There was time to think of that later, he just nodded.

"You have my word, Ed, but we need something truly useful."

Edric Salak Chasmine

• Stressed
  • Bless
Reactions: Edric and Chasmine
Salak let out his held breath and smiled to himself. It could not have been easy for Alistair or Edric to agree to such terms. He knew his way of dealing with matters was unconventional.
*Hope yet*
"I swear by The Powers themselves Edric if you give us something that we can use to find Gilram or one of his ilk then you can walk free this instant."
Now he waited for Edric to tell it.
The moment was charged, so much rested on the next few words.

Alistair Krixus
Edric
Chasmine

• Stressed
  • Bless
Reactions: Edric and Chasmine
Edric ground his teeth together for a few moments, still fighting the urge to be obstinate. "Alright."

He said a little too quietly, almost as if he were telling himself more than Al and the mysterious other Dreadlord. Chasmine didn't want to fight, and if Al did whatever he had done again...this was the better choice. It had to be.

Right?

"I know one of the places they're going next." He told them. "He asked me before I left but..."

Edric clamped his teeth shut, that wasn't important. "They're going after something in Tychos. In one of the Temples."

That didn't exactly narrow it down, Tychos had as many temples as the three of them had fingers. Their pantheon of gods was a vast one, and each one was represented with a massive monument somewhere within the city.

It was, truthfully, the best that he had to offer.

Tychos...the free city. That was a lot of temples. The information wasn't perfect, there was still a realistic scenario where even knowing they were in the city that they could easily slip away, but...it was a start.

With a little research, they could probably narrow the temples down to a more manageable amount. Then it was just a matter of having some Dreadlords waiting to react...and getting the city officials to let it all happen.

Alistair glanced at Salak still hesitating to accept the knowledge as the end of things. The higher-ups would still want more answers, but this would at least keep them busy. It might even be long enough for Edric to effectively disappear. As long as he kept his head down, then he should be fine.

Al gave Salak a short nod. They could work with this.

"I wouldn't suppose to know when?" He already knew that was unlikely, they would just have to closely monitor the city.

Edric Salak Chasmine

• Bless
Reactions: Edric
Edric shook his head. "The timing is never exact."

Which was part of the plan, of course. Gilram worked hard to be as unpredictable as possible.

"Soon, if I had to guess." He didn't like giving the answers, but it was the only way to end this. So he did.

"It'll do."
Salak said, having accepted Alistair's position.
"Thank you Master Edric. I wish you well on whatever it is you are seeking, be it solitude or, something else."
He gave a curt nod grateful that he and Alistair could recoup something of Byron's loss and throw their masters a juicier bone to chase.
"I'd stay out of the Republic's range though. I can only keep their eye off you. If you invite their gaze afresh then we'll be right back where we started."
Turning to Alistair he stopped and turned back.
"And please give my regards to Miss Grey, when you see her."

Edric
Alistair Krixus
Chasmine

• Bless
Reactions: Chasmine and Edric
Edric stood in place, watching, and more importantly waiting.

Years upon years at the Academy had taught him that a Dreadlords word meant little to nothing, or at least a Proctor's. Alistair he knew better, and even trusted in some ways, but the pressures of those above were not easy. Edric knew that too.

Then the man said something unexpected. Edric blinked.

This guy knew Chasmine? "Uhh...I will."

He said, not commenting on anything else that Salak had offered. He was entirely intent on heading over the spine and as far away from Vel Anir as he could possibly be, but neither of them needed to know that. Even if they kept their word; The less they could report back, the better.

After a moment more, Edric slowly continued his steps backwards. Moving away from the others two Dreadlords until the dark of the night, and the rains took him out of view.

• Bless
Reactions: Chasmine
That meant they needed to hurry and get back to Vel Anir as quickly as possible. He turned to leave, but stopped when he heard Salak's last line. Miss Grey, Chas was here? She was dead?

Alistair quickly turned back to Edric and for a long time just looked at him. Ever so slowly, the wall that Alistair put up to protect him during all of his missions fell away. His eyes softened as a small smile of acceptance crept onto his face.

"Good luck, Ed. I hope you find what you are looking for."

By the time he had managed to get the words out, Edric was already disappearing into the darkness. A sigh escaped his lips as he turned to move back with Salak. They needed to get to a Portal stone.

Edric Salak Chasmine