Fable - Ask Midnight Munchies Part Two

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
*Why did you fucking ask then Liv?*
Thraah's thoughts turned bitter as she hopped onto the counter and kicked her legs.
With Gladys in her arms she focused on her instead.
"You get it, don't you Gladys?"
She asked the hen who gently clucked. Interpreting the single cluck as agreement Thraah bent over and kissed Gladys on the back of the neck.
"Thanks girl!"
Well what did she expect?
Liv was self centred and Stormy was, also not that interested in others it seemed.
Zin... shit who fucking was Zin?
Thraah observed the newcomer.
Apologise? For wanting to be there with Zin? Fuck, ZEPH! She wanted to be with Zeph not Zin!
How fucking useless.
She considered the door, just getting up and leaving but she doubted she would feel any better if she did.
Determined to ignore Liv she let the others answer the clumsy question which was clearly only asked to get her to stop talking.

Thraah's temperature increased another few degrees.
Gladys fussed, then settled in contented.

Houri
Livia Quinnick
Zinnia

Last edited:
Thraah seemingly ignored Zinnia once again and the other two girls seemed eager to move on. So move on Zinnia did.

"I'm actually...g-graduating at the end of this y-year, so...s-some sort of work study for Proctor Salak, I think."

No more holidays. Not that she got them for long anyways. Before the Revolution they didn't really give time for breaks at the Academy. The brief time where they were around was nice, but Zinnia just buckled down and continued working out through them anyways. One needed friends in order to spend such time on fun.

Speaking of which, Zinnia had begun flipping through the cookbook once more and landed on something that made her mouth water.
"Ooohhh..." she gawped before turning the book around and holding up a golden-colored illustration. "C-custard tarts?"

Houri subtly pushed a flammable bag of grain further from Thraah's reach with the tip of her foot.

"My mother wants me to visit her in Vel Vara," she answered simply to keep the conversation moving away from the dangerous subjects that might set the kitchen aflame. "I would rather be working," she missed the more dangerous missions she had gone on when still in the Asylum. Even if she had been little more than a tool brought out when needed it was hard to shake the remembered feeling of the excitement and thrill those missions had brought about.

"Maybe I can volunteer for something so I don't have to spend the full month away," concentrated doses of her mother never led to peaceful rests. Her eyes flickered to the cookery book when it was opened. "We've not tried pastry before... should be simple enough though."

"Graduating!" Livia took the cookbook from Zinnia, skim reading the custard tarts recipe. "Goodness, I never quite know where I stand with Proctor Salak." She shrugged, looking around for something to mark the page for future reference. "You need a gift. A graduation gift. No need to protest, because I will not listen to any." Livia gave Zinnia a smile, using a spoon to bookmark the cookbook.

"Vel Vara sounds like it would be nice... I think I will go to Vel Odren, to our summer house. If there are no missions, then I need to start looking into the business I am inheriting upon my graduation day." Her brother left it to her, to give her something that would give her considerable income if she was not to be married off to a Great House and become their wife. A Quinnick always found something to do, and Livia knew a lot more about the pearl trade than her older brothers.

"If any of you wanted to, you can come with me." She shrugged. "You might meet my brothers, but really, they would only be there if our mother becomes insufferable at home. She loathes Vel Odren." And it became the sibling's personal escape house.

• Gasp
  • Frog Sweat
Reactions: Thraah and Zinnia
This was terrible, not as bad as she felt it was, even Thraah could not convinced herself of that being true but even so. A series of upsets had left her feeling like she was a rotten tooth in a smile.
The others all had big plans, yep.
Careers on the go for sure.
Perrine's words echoed in her head.
"Lean on your friends..."
Thraah was not used to asking for anything, even when she wanted it. Now, necessity was about to drive her into an action she could only hope she'd feel better about later.
Before speaking she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"What-if-we-like-all-took-big-trip-like-everywhere-did-every-City-so-that-way-we-could-get-everything-done-and-still-get-to-move-on-when-we-want-to-and-we-could-keep-baking-and-shit-and-I-don't-know-but-we-could-do-it-together-with-a-bit-of-planning!"
She felt like she lost Zeph when they went on Vel Castere... when Thraah tagged along, unwanted.
If she was to make good and mend things with Zephyrine she needed to make sure she wasn't going to loose Stormy and Liv. Zin... Zin was gonna have to wait for Thraah to calm down.

Livia Quinnick Houri Zinnia

"V-Vel Vara?" Zinnia parroted. It was not a place she'd ever heard of, but she smiled all the same. At the very least, at the notion of Houri's agreeing to bake the tarts.

Zinnia was immediately distracted by Liv's next words, quickly becoming flustered once more.
"Really, Livia, th-that isn't--"

It seemed her refusal to listen to protest was just as she said, however, as Livia had already moved on to other topics. Zinnia sighed. A gift was really too much...she'd already received so much in these past few months, the excess would surely begin to spoil her. It was all far more than she deserved.

Thraah's following, rapid outburst snapped Zinnia out of her daze, however. This was...far more than she was capable of dealing with. All she could manage was to look to Houri and Livia and hope they'd know how to handle Thraah.