Completed Mastering the Art of Dreadlord Cooking by Drast and Evie

"Uhh, yeah. Probably." He offered with a shrug. It was no secret his gift was seen as.. distasteful, by some Houses, even his own. It's hard to defend a magick that binds souls against their wills and forces them to do your bidding.

Necromancy was openly detested by the Dreadlords, but in reality, many wished to harness whatever soul could do it. That was why they brought him to the Academy when he was a boy. That was why they put up with his arrogance. The Dreadlords wanted to control all things, even undeath, and he had been waiting years for a House to come disappear him. He just had to hope he was ready for that.

But the Revolution? That might have changed everything for him. They used undead, so now those Noble Houses that detested it couldn't do so anymore without sounding hypocritical, at least for a few more years. The only House who could maintain such a stance, was his own. They had remained neutral during the conflict due to fighting on the border.

And I thought my magic was a bitch.

That would make him laugh. "Yeah, well, at least I got lucky. I can't poison someone while I bang their brains out. Or else my body count would be a.. body count." He added with a playful smirk and a nudge.

Everleigh Ebersol

Nice.” Everleigh said, smiling mostly to herself. Imagine that, Proctor Palahniuk, notorious for favoring all the male initiates over the female ones, becoming a revenant because he couldn’t finish playing his sudoku. She’d be lying to herself if she didn’t admit finding it funny and poetic justice at the same time. She was about to say something else, another dig at the proctor, but Drastus spoke again.

She resisted the urge to pout. Acid Snatch wasn’t a nickname she had particularly enjoyed, and while it was most definitely quite possible and would be a great viable option if she ever had to hook up with an enemy of the republic, it’s not like she enjoyed that idea very much. Not just because she was still a virgin, but moreso because it was a worry.

Everleigh wasn’t like Trix, she wasn’t poisonous unless she wanted to be. But control was needed, nearly eleven years ago had taught her that she always needed to be in control of her mind and body. And how could she be in control during the throes of passion, everyone always made it seem like their head went blank and they just relied on instincts, and if that were the case what if she were to accidentally harm Zael— oh, no, don’t think about that, not now.

You’re the one technically adding to your body count, not me.” She said lamely, looking at all their prep work. “I think we’re done here. I’ll go get the proctor.” Her cheeks were a bright red, she could feel the heat, so she kept looking down.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

As quickly as those words left his mouth, he had regretted it. He had meant to joke with her, not even realizing the thoughts he could invoke. A classic case of the Drastus foot-in-mouth.

Acid-Snatch. It was ironically how they first met. After all, being younger than most of the others meant he didn't actually have many classes with them. So, when he met Evie, it was only a few years ago. It had been the result of an Initiate in her group: Terry Teller. He called her Acid Snatch and Drast just happened to be in the area. So, he gave Teller a pair of matching necrosis scars on his face and Evie added an acid burn to tie it all together.

Boom. Friendship. Her voice pulled him from his reverie.

You’re the one technically adding to your body count, not me. I think we’re done here. I’ll go get the proctor.

"True.. but you don't have to out me like that. C'mon now, Everclear!" She then averted her gaze and she focused on their work. "Uhh yeah, okay." He could see the heat in her cheeks. "Oh, and Evie. Looking good." He shot her with a wink. What was a friend that didn't try to instigate?

Everleigh Ebersol

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Everleigh Ebersol
Day after the Festival of Freedom
Everleigh couldn’t believe that she was still on kitchen duty. Ugh. How lame.

Stepping into the large kitchen, she was surprised to see a familiar face. Drastus. He was here, too? Interesting, it seemed neither of them had some big and fancy mission to go on. Wonderful, now they could suffer in peeling potatoes together.

They give us a day off and it’s back to the grind, huh?” Everleigh said, going over to a large cabinet and pulling out a apron.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

Drast looked up at her with that trademark grin. "Of all the gin joints, in all the world. Glad to see you escaped from that.." he paused to do air quotes. "Princess." A laugh as he returned to his peeling. "What they get you for this time?"

He seemed cheekier then usual, even more carefree, as if a weight was lifted. He didn't even have his pack with him, the one that carried Rupert. He was just there, humming, peeling, and looking... happy?

Everleigh Ebersol

Everleigh raised a violet brow. Now, as much as she gloated in her far more impressive IQ fixed with her eidetic memory and hyperthymesia, there were times Drastus said something and she had no clue where he got it from. She wasn’t sure if it was because he had come much later into the academy or if it was because he came from a minor noble house.

I made raw chicken. Again.” Everleigh answered, skipping over the princess bit. Ew. She thought she had caught sight of him and Kristen in the crowd as her and Zael had made their escape. She blinked, looking over Drastus’ and noting his expression, the missing pack, and a carefree expression that seemed… well, far more natural and genuine than she had ever seen before.

You’re in a good mood.” Sure, it wasn’t arcane combustion science to figure out something had happened. But what could it— “So how was enjoying all the sights with Pirian?

Drastus Tal'deneshaar

"You made raw chicken again? Really?" He asked in disbelief. "You can make any poison in the world but what you're really gonna kill people with is salmonella." He laughed before clapping her on the back.

He rolled his shoulders, cracking the joints with several loud pops. "If you want to hang out with me, ya just gotta ask. Don't need to get in trouble." He resumed his peeling.

You’re in a good mood. So how was enjoying all the sights with Pirian?

He paused and his eyes focused on her a bit. "Probably as good as it was for you and Zael. What happened there? You two seemed... lively."

Everleigh Ebersol

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Everleigh Ebersol
You think if I ate raw chicken I could recreate salmonella?” Everleigh asked, grinning. Trick question— she could. It was actually a great way to bring attention away from the actual, much deadlier poison and to keep her hands clean. And then Drastus had to ruin it, bringing up Zael once again. Her dark eyes narrowed as she shot Drastus a look.

We played a game of truth or dare. If that’s lively to you then I guess you’ve been hanging around KP too much.” Sore subject, it was evident by her tone. Or rather, it wasn’t because things had gone wrong, but instead because it was a secret she wished to keep close to her heart. No one could know. Absolutely no one.

Drastus Tal'deneshaar