Fable - Ask Laws of the Pack

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"You'd make a risk like that? He tried to kill you last time you saw him.. I won't stop you from visiting your father but if you're going I'm at least sending someone with you if I can't go myself. And I don't care if what he has to offer will give us an advantage, if we can build it ourselves with a little bit more work then I'm not comfortable with you risking your life over a little convenience."

She smiled at his conviction, not wanting her to get hurt. She nuzzled him a bit pondering her response.

"I would not want to risk anyone else... I was 4 years younger, as was he. The increase in my age helps me, for him it is likely a hindrance that would be a benefit for me. Plus I have lived for 4 years on my own, fighting Ogres and mangey angry canines…. “

She emphasized the last few words with a grin, playfully pulling her lips back from her ivory teeth in a mock snarl at him.

“He had some livestock last time I was there, weapons from all over the world and money. He was a glutton then, I doubt he has given up any of his gluttonous traits so who knows what he has now. If I went there, he would likely have a heart attack just seeing me… he thinks I am dead.”

She smirked slightly as she eyed Baraek.

“I think all things aside… it would be worth the risk.”
Uhfred

"I would not want to risk anyone else... I was 4 years younger, as was he. The increase in my age helps me, for him it is likely a hindrance that would be a benefit for me. Plus I have lived for 4 years on my own, fighting Ogres and mangey angry canines…. “

She emphasized the last few words with a grin, playfully pulling her lips back from her ivory teeth in a mock snarl at him.

“He had some livestock last time I was there, weapons from all over the world and money. He was a glutton then, I doubt he has given up any of his gluttonous traits so who knows what he has now. If I went there, he would likely have a heart attack just seeing me… he thinks I am dead.”

She smirked slightly as she eyed Baraek.

“I think all things aside… it would be worth the risk.”

He looked unsure. "Okay, if you want to go you can. But I won't let you go alone. Take someone with you, I'll let you pick. I'd go with you myself if you want me to. And please, promise me you'll be careful."

He clearly wasn't sold on the idea, but he wasn't about to keep her from going if that's what she wanted to do. He was however insisting that she be accompanied by someone, anyone, from their pack. One of their hunters or warriors would be best, or if she didn't want to travel with another male, she'd at least need another female to accompany her, safety in numbers and such.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Sephrenia
"Okay, if you want to go you can. But I won't let you go alone. Take someone with you, I'll let you pick. I'd go with you myself if you want me to. And please, promise me you'll be careful."

She shook her head. "I could not risk another, plus me sneaking in becomes more difficult the more that are with me." She thought for a moment, though. She would need help bringing things back, she could handle a few animals but not all of them alone. Last she'd seen her father had at least 3 cattle and half a dozen horses, by now he may have more in his ever growing desire to appear better off than he was. She frowned faintly, he wasn't sold on the idea of her going, she wasn't sold on the idea of others being in danger too. She licked his cheek gently as she shrugged.

"I will.. think on it."
She said softly. Her eyes wandered over the other females, she was unsure about that idea, and she was unsure about going with the males as well. She still felt like an outsider and she wasn't sure she felt safe yet, but if she went and had to go, a warrior made the most sense. Loosing two breeding females would do more harm than good for this pack. That was for sure.

Uhfred

She shook her head. "I could not risk another, plus me sneaking in becomes more difficult the more that are with me."

He looked off to the side in thought, "Perhaps so."

"I will.. think on it." She said softly. Her eyes wandered over the other females, she was unsure about that idea, and she was unsure about going with the males as well. She still felt like an outsider and she wasn't sure she felt safe yet, but if she went and had to go, a warrior made the most sense. Loosing two breeding females would do more harm than good for this pack. That was for sure.

He nodded, best they waited for a better time to decide on something like that. He pulled her in closer. "It's probably best to leave it alone for now anyway. So you want to sleep under the sky with me tonight. We can do that."

• Bless
"Perhaps so. It's probably best to leave it alone for now anyway. So you want to sleep under the sky with me tonight. We can do that."

She agreed, leaving it be for the moment was the better of the ideas. Though... too long would be a waste of effort for everyone, especially if she did have access to animals. She smiled, nodding softly as she wiggled her hips slightly, as if to get closer in her seat to him.

"I would love that." she said softly, her eyes falling on the same female wolf looking to them. The other female held her gaze for quiet a few moments, the threat of a challenge there. She swallowed dryly as she kept her eyes on the other female, locking eyes in a dangerous show of lack of willingness to back down.

Uhfred

• Devil
Reactions: Uhfred
She smiled, nodding softly as she wiggled her hips slightly, as if to get closer in her seat to him.

"I would love that."

The wiggle of her hips was cute, and he rewarded it by obliging with her unspoken request and pulled her even closer. She responded verbally, and he smiled. Nothing left to say, all that they had left to do was to stay there and wait for sleep to take them. He had a feeling that something would go wrong soon.

The other female broke the eye contact, turning away and heading into the den, Seph won the battle this time. She sighed softly as she moved to stand, turning around to straddle Baraek's hips, a knee on each side of his hips as she hugged him gently, water arms around his neck as she lay her head on his shoulder.

"Baraek... what happens if a female challenges me?"

She had to ask him, she didn't know if, like the alpha males, she would be forced to fight to the death, or if they wouldn't fight at all.... she needed to know what their kind did, what their pack did so she did not be too soft, or, too hard with her reaction to the female.

Uhfred

"Baraek... what happens if a female challenges me?"

He thought. "A female challenging you? Normally it would be some kind of fight, as it frequently is in packs. Not to the death in this case, usually until one forces the other to yield. Normally these fights determine the alpha female amongst a den. Why?"

• Nervous
She shook her head slightly as she buried her muzzle against the smooth spot between his throat and shoulder. She closed her eyes as she held him close, resting her body against his happily.

She did not answer his question, not wanting to cause problems. She would handle the female, if it came to it. She didn't want him to feel he had to handle it.

Uhfred

He sighed, he had a feeling that he knew exactly why she was asking and why she didn't want to tell him. He would have to leave it to her though, it was her fight. He just pulled her in and let her head rest on his chest. "I love you Seph."

• Cthuulove
"I love you Seph."

She smiled softly at his words, lifting her head to look into his eyes. She rubbed her muzzle against his as she looked into his eyes.

"And I love you Baraek" she said with a smile before lowering her chin to his shoulder again tiredly.

Uhfred

And I love you Baraek" she said with a smile before lowering her chin to his shoulder again tiredly.

It was time to sleep. With the nose-on-nose boop done he leaned back and closed his eyes for sleep. They'd wake up right there the following morning. He'd look down at her and smile, if she were awake he'd say, "Morning pet." followed by a kiss to the forehead.

She took a deep breath through her ebony nose as she felt him stirring against her, first his breathing changed, then he moved just slightly and she knew he was waking. She had been awake on and off for an hour so when he spoke, she smiled.

"Morning Master " she whispered softly as she booped his nose with her own before moving to stand, stretching with a yawn. Her eyes scanned the area cautiously but the female was not in view at the moment so Seph left it be.

Uhfred

• Popcorn
"Morning Master " she whispered softly as she booped his nose with her own before moving to stand, stretching with a yawn. Her eyes scanned the area cautiously but the female was not in view at the moment so Seph left it be.

He smiled softly, pleased at the nickname she'd chosen for him. "Sleep well?"

He stood up after she did, and after watching her stretch, maybe a little too closely, he looked about, they were some of the first to wake. He looked towards the still warm coals in the firepit they'd used to cook.

• Devil
She nodded softly in response to his inquiry.. "how did you sleep? " she asked in return. She moved to the firepit and threw a few logs on it as her eyes scanned for the female. She was trying to not make her concern obvious, but it was somewhat difficult for her, she had no idea what was to come. She hoped the female would just back off, but something told her that would not happen..

She looked back to Baraek with a soft smile as she stood once more.

Uhfred

She nodded softly in response to his inquiry.. "how did you sleep? " she asked in return. She moved to the firepit and threw a few logs on it as her eyes scanned for the female. She was trying to not make her concern obvious, but it was somewhat difficult for her, she had no idea what was to come. She hoped the female would just back off, but something told her that would not happen..

She looked back to Baraek with a soft smile as she stood once more.

Uhfred

"I slept well enough." He said with a morning yawn.

Her looking around nervously told him everything he needed to know. He had a feeling that she and one of her fellow females would have a bit of conflict. Which one though?

• Scared
The morning progressed with no notice of the other female so Seph assumed she was laying low upon loosing the stare down. Seph went back to gathering salt rocks, wandering with her bag to gather what she could.

She approached the creek quietly dipping her hands and bringing them to her muzzle to take a drink, her ears heard the snap of a branch behind her and she was to her feet in seconds, fur raised. She was nearly face to face with a deep brown female, her amber eyes burning into Seph's ebony pelt.

It was her, Seph curled her lips dangerously as she looked to the female. She tried to pretend she did not consider the female a threat at all and she moved to walk back toward the village, passing the female without word

Uhfred

It was her, Seph curled her lips dangerously as she looked to the female. She tried to pretend she did not consider the female a threat at all and she moved to walk back toward the village, passing the female without word

The female, who's name was Anne, stepped between her and the village. "You were told to back off. Why didn't you?"

Anne clearly wasn't threatened by her, maybe she should have been but at the moment she was angry, not scared.

• Scared
The female stepped between Seph and the village, blocking her from walking away. Seoh growled lowly, her ears perked forward, her tail curling upwards in a dominant manor.

"I do not answer to you... " she snarled, once again threatening the female by setting her sapphire orbs on hers. Lean muscles twitched beneath her ebony pelt, she was ready for this fight, as ready as she would ever be at least. This was not a fight Seph wanted, she could not guarantee that she could control her blood magic if this fight got too out of hand and she would hate to cause extreme damage to a breeding female.

She stood her ground, her posture one of dominance as she waited for Anne to move.

Uhfred

• Devil
"I do not answer to you... "

"We'll see about that now won't we?" She said with her own growl before leaping at Seph to tackle her. This was likely only going to be a grappling match, trying to get one to submit to the other, not cause physical harm. This became evident as Anne tried to grab and force Seph into an armlock.

"We'll see about that now won't we?"

Seph spun to the side and ducked at the same time, Anne's arms missing their chance at wrapping around her. Seph took the opportunity though, digging her feet into the ground to attempt to wrap her own arms around Anne's and to pin them to her and stop her from further attacking.

Uhfred

• Devil
"We'll see about that now won't we?"

Seph spun to the side and ducked at the same time, Anne's arms missing their chance at wrapping around her. Seph took the opportunity though, digging her feet into the ground to attempt to wrap her own arms around Anne's and to pin them to her and stop her from further attacking.

Uhfred

Anne's tackle was swiftly shifted into a roll to carry her back to her feet and stop her momentum so that she could come at Seph again. This time grabbing one of her wrists, and twisting it over her head to force Seph to bend over, Seph's options were to break her grasp which could cut her wrist on the Anne's claws, flip over to avoid pain and shoulder damage which risked putting her off balance, or three bending over to relieve the pressure and attempt to kick Anne away.

Anne avoided Seph's grab, rolling away and easily getting back to her feet. She charged Seph again, catching her by the wrist and twisting it over her head. Seph could feel her claws against her as she yanked her wrist free, Anne's claws slicing deep through Seph's wrist. Pain seared into her senses as blood spewed from the wounds, but this fact did not distress Seph in the slightest.

Seph turned her head up towards Anne whom was close enough to have been holding her wrist above her head. She snapped sharp teeth closed around the females calf and twisted to yank her leg out from under her.

Uhfred

• Cthuloo
Anne yelped as Seph's fangs dug into her flesh, and she was thrown to the ground flat on her back, the wind being knocked out of her. But she wasn't slow on the recovery, quickly bringing one leg up to kick and both arms up to protect her head, with one leg bending off to the side but staying low to target the ankles, as inevitably Seph would soon bear down on her.

Seph growled slightly as she pulled away from the female as the female went down. She didn't straight out attack again, she circled slightly to avoid whatever Anne would attempt.

"You done yet?"

She growled as she watched Anne, bringing her wrist to her muzzle to lick her wound slowly, keeping her eyes on the wolf who was laying on her back. As far as Seph was concerned, it was over, the other female was on her back and Seph was still standing, that meant she won right? She waited for an answer, if Anne was done, she'd help her up... Seph hoped that was the case, she didn't really want to continue this. There was no reason for tension in the ranks. Baraek had chosen her as much as she had chosen him, the other females needed to get over it.

Uhfred

• Devil