Fable - Ask Laws of the Pack

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"Now now. You know what to call me." he said with a slight hint of danger in his voice, his hand finding her flank and rubbing it slightly "I won't need to discipline now will I?"

She chuckled softly "I mean... Master I do tend to be a bit naughty at times..." She winked slightly at him as they walked.

Uhfred

• Popcorn
Reactions: Uhfred
She chuckled softly "I mean... Master I do tend to be a bit naughty at times..." She winked slightly at him as they walked.

He grinned wickedly. "Good girl. I'll make sure you're well taken care of."

What they had that night wasn't quite as rough as the previous time. But no less heated.

The following morning was the same as last time. They woke, exchanged good mornings and a few sweet sentences, before they returned to the village for their regular activities. Only this time, the pack seemed on edge.

Seph yawned as they woke up, again cuddled beneath the ribs of the ogre they'd killed. They spent a few fleeting moments together before heading back to the village. Her sapphire eyes scanned the area, the tension thick as they walked up, her ears perked forward listening.

Uhfred

• Bless
He went to one of the hunters. "What's going on? Why is the pack on edge?"

"Intruders." Came his answer, "a pack of them, maybe eighty in number."

He growled, it seems they weren't done with that pack. "Get all the men and strong women together, we have work to do."

The hunter and those nearby moved to obey. He turned to Seph, "Go with the rest of the women, gather what food you can but don't go far from the village, we need food enough to sustain us for a few weeks at least."

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Sephrenia
"Go with the rest of the women, gather what food you can but don't go far from the village, we need food enough to sustain us for a few weeks at least."

Seph nodded gathering her bow and arrows and moving to be with the other females. She took her place at the head of them, as was her job as the alpha female she suspected.

She smiled faintly to Baraek before leading the females out for the hunt. Perhaps they'd find an ogre, that'd be plenty of meat and the ribcage they still needed.

Uhfred

• Bless
Before they left he told all of them, "If you smell the intruders, come straight back with all haste, do not engage them unless there is no other option. If you see an opening to escape through, take it."

From there he let them go and turned to their newest project. He had all of the males take axes and begin to cut down trees. They would begin their work on the palisade. Two walls of wood filled in with earth for the walls. The way in would be a little more complex. A box of similarly constructed walls with two gates to trap attackers inside and kill them without risk to the defenders.

• Scared
"If you smell the intruders, come straight back with all haste, do not engage them unless there is no other option. If you see an opening to escape through, take it."

Seph nodded in silence as she led the females quietly. She was highly unaware her entire life that the wolf population was so massive that there were so many constant battles for territory. She lifted her head to the sky as they walked, scenting for the other pack, though she sensed nothing. She eyed the other females periodically, still unsure who would be next to come after her for her rank, if any would even. She smelled something unfamiliar, though it was not a wolf, she knew that. A troll perhaps, her ears twisted around to see what she could hear, though she picked up no sound. If there was a troll around, it was not moving, perhaps it was sleeping.

she wondered what Baraek was working on, they had discussed a few things and she wondered which he decided on.

Uhfred

• Popcorn
Seph nodded in silence as she led the females quietly. She was highly unaware her entire life that the wolf population was so massive that there were so many constant battles for territory. She lifted her head to the sky as they walked, scenting for the other pack, though she sensed nothing. She eyed the other females periodically, still unsure who would be next to come after her for her rank, if any would even. She smelled something unfamiliar, though it was not a wolf, she knew that. A troll perhaps, her ears twisted around to see what she could hear, though she picked up no sound. If there was a troll around, it was not moving, perhaps it was sleeping.

A troll it was. A sleeping one in a small hill cave nearby. Upon approach they'd see it's leathery skin in the little burrow it had made. It's huge torso, long arms and stubby legs were what marked it, along with it's horned head. Asleep it was, perfect for slaughtering without resistance.

The palisade work was done quickly, the enhanced strength of the wolves making it far easier for them to do far more. A moat was in the works, and the wall was halfway done within four hours.

• Bless
Seph saw the troll and nodded in it's direction. She was unfamiliar with the beasts, so wasn't really sure what to do, she turned her eyes to Anne quietly, if there were one female wolf she trusted more than the others it would be her.... at least she now had to have some respect for the alpha.

Seph raised her bow, pulling a set of arrows from her quiver, dragging one arrow tip over her wrist and dipping them in her blood before nocking them and pulling back on the string, readying herself to release them.

Uhfred

• Devil
Seph saw the troll and nodded in it's direction. She was unfamiliar with the beasts, so wasn't really sure what to do, she turned her eyes to Anne quietly, if there were one female wolf she trusted more than the others it would be her.... at least she now had to have some respect for the alpha.

Seph raised her bow, pulling a set of arrows from her quiver, dragging one arrow tip over her wrist and dipping them in her blood before nocking them and pulling back on the string, readying herself to release them.

Uhfred

Anne looked to her and nodded. She had earned superiority but she also knew how inexperienced Seph was. So she'd have to be her help here. She leaned over and whispered. "Same tactic with Ogres, we shoot it where it bleeds most and wait for it to be dead enough to approach safely. We should be aiming for the neck and stomach."

• Thoughtful
Seph nodded, stepping slowly to get a better shot. She pulled back on the bowstring and let loose both arrows. Both sinking into the beasts flesh, one in its throat, the other in the chest.

She felt her blood mix with that of the trolls, her body temperature automatically increasing rapidly. She reached back grabbing another 2 arrows, remembering what Baraek had said about aiming to disable. She aimed both for the trolls ankles, one missing but the other sinking into the trolls ankle deeply.

Uhfred

• Devil
Seph nodded, stepping slowly to get a better shot. She pulled back on the bowstring and let loose both arrows. Both sinking into the beasts flesh, one in its throat, the other in the chest.

She felt her blood mix with that of the trolls, her body temperature automatically increasing rapidly. She reached back grabbing another 2 arrows, remembering what Baraek had said about aiming to disable. She aimed both for the trolls ankles, one missing but the other sinking into the trolls ankle deeply.

Uhfred

the other females joined in the barrage, arrows sinking into the troll's flesh as it woke up, already fatally injured. The arrows sank into the key places, the neck, and the ankles. The troll was dead within a half hour.

Seph smiled to the females, moving to the Troll to start cutting it up to take chunks home, telling the others to do the same. Some took a few moments to listen, but Anne did as Seph ordered instantly, and they other females followed quit because of it. Once they all had more than they could carry they headed back to the Village to gather some males that could also help bring ribs and more of the troll home.

Seph moved to Baraek quietly and smiled, nuzzling him gently with a soft lick. "We got a troll, quickly, easily. We could use more males to come help us bring it home."
Uhfred

Once they all had more than they could carry they headed back to the Village to gather some males that could also help bring ribs and more of the troll home.

Seph moved to Baraek quietly and smiled, nuzzling him gently with a soft lick. "We got a troll, quickly, easily. We could use more males to come help us bring it home."

Upon returning to the village they'd see about one third of a wooden wall and trench in front of it built, and the rest of it was quickly coming up. With one back wall with dirt packed between it and the second outer wall of wood to make it thick enough that one couldn't simply chop through it even if they did get to it to begin with.

He turned when she showed up. She asked for a little bit of help and he called for two males who were digging the trench with him. He told them to help the women bring the troll back. "Sorry, I can't spare more than that. Good work out there, keep it up."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Seph nodded... "Every little bit helps, the faster the food is here, the sooner us females can get to helping you with all this work." she said softly before turning away to head off. Normally, she'd give him a little nuzzle, something... but he seemed far too busy to be bothered so she let him get back to work without further interruption.

She, the 2 males and the females made little work of the remainder of the troll, having it all back in 2 more trips. Her ebony pelt was soaked with blood by the time they were done and she wanted nothing more than to go for a swim. She was sore and tired but she jumped straight into helping with the building of wall and the digging of the trench. All of this would be so much easier with provisions she had access to. She made up her mind that she'd have to go see what awaited her at her fathers.

She was still not happy about taking anyone with her. Perhaps she'd slip off alone when no one was watching. She'd be in a lot of trouble when she came back and she knew that, but, at least no one else in the pack would get hurt.

Uhfred

• Devil
Seph nodded... "Every little bit helps, the faster the food is here, the sooner us females can get to helping you with all this work." she said softly before turning away to head off. Normally, she'd give him a little nuzzle, something... but he seemed far too busy to be bothered so she let him get back to work without further interruption.

He nodded, "good, and thank you."

He returned to the work of digging the trench and building the wall while the women and two men went to get the rest of the troll. Three females were told to smoke the meat to preserve it as best it could be while the rest helped with the wall. It might have been easier with shovels and such, but the fact is dogs, and by association wolves, were great at digging holes. With the entire pack working on the trench and wall, it would be up with no problem.

By nightfall the only thing left was to finish up the last fifth of the wall and start work on the gatehouse, both of these things taking large tips from the castle they'd taken a long time ago. He didn't know of her plan to go and get things from her father, and she was right to think that she'd be in trouble, not so much that she went, but that she went without saying anything.

• Thoughtful
Night fell as the majority of the fence was up. She and the females cooked and preserved the meat. She settled herself against a tree with a chunk of meat quietly, eating as she pondered whether she should go or not. Her eyes wandered along all the others of the pack as they began settling in for the night, eating and chatting. She looked towards Baraek silently as he spoke with the other wolves. She took a bite of the chunk of meat she had handy.

Spring was coming and with that she knew pups would be born if any of the females of the pack were pregnant. She also knew, she herself would likely come into season to have pups, soon. If she was in fact going to go to her father and get what she was entitled… she’d need to do it sooner than later. As she watched the female wolves head off to their den she stayed put, moving to stretch out on her side under the stars. She assumed Baraek would join her eventually.

Uhfred

Night fell as the majority of the fence was up. She and the females cooked and preserved the meat. She settled herself against a tree with a chunk of meat quietly, eating as she pondered whether she should go or not. Her eyes wandered along all the others of the pack as they began settling in for the night, eating and chatting. She looked towards Baraek silently as he spoke with the other wolves. She took a bite of the chunk of meat she had handy.

Spring was coming and with that she knew pups would be born if any of the females of the pack were pregnant. She also knew, she herself would likely come into season to have pups, soon. If she was in fact going to go to her father and get what she was entitled… she’d need to do it sooner than later. As she watched the female wolves head off to their den she stayed put, moving to stretch out on her side under the stars. She assumed Baraek would join her eventually.

Uhfred

Baraek was speaking with a number of his fellow males, explaining why he had taken such drastic measures so suddenly. He was explaining what had happened to his previous pack, and that he recognized the scent that the intruders had left behind. It was the same pack, apparently they had decided to hunt the survivors down after a week or so of getting settled in their new home. Once the pack was informed of this history they understood far better what Baraek was having them do. Though using a wall was a little foreign to them.

He did indeed join her, laying down beside her and saying, "Long day. Though I hope not a bad one."

• Cthuulove
"Long day. Though I hope not a bad one." She smiled softly as he moved to lay besides her. She nuzzled under his chin gently, before licking his muzzle slowly with a smile.

"Very long day, but we made good steps in the direction of more security,"
She said softly as she moved to cuddle against him, letting her eyes close as she relaxed against him. She took a deep breath of his scent, as she pondered if she should for her father or not.

"Love?" She said lightly... "I think I should head to my birth home soon, before it becomes too late, before I give you pups. I still don't want to take any of the pack with me, I don't want to risk them but I will take a male with me if I must." Again she nuzzled him under the chin lightly, dragging her tongue over him slowly, comfortingly as she waited for a response

Uhfred

"Very long day, but we made good steps in the direction of more security," She said softly as she moved to cuddle against him, letting her eyes close as she relaxed against him. She took a deep breath of his scent, as she pondered if she should for her father or not.

"I'm glad you're happy." He said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Love?" She said lightly...

"Yes?" He asked, telling her to continue. He thought he might know exactly what was going on in her mind.

"I think I should head to my birth home soon, before it becomes too late, before I give you pups. I still don't want to take any of the pack with me, I don't want to risk them but I will take a male with me if I must." Again she nuzzled him under the chin lightly, dragging her tongue over him slowly, comfortingly as she waited for a response

He sighed, "You may go, and yes I insist that you take someone with you at least for the trip. There are things out there far bigger than a single wolf, that is why we hunt in packs. So go if you want to, but take one of the pack with you. I won't risk you going in there without someone to watch your back. I'll wait here for you, and have the pack readied for the coming fight."

Honestly he was half relieved that she was leaving, what with the other pack bearing down on them, she'd be mostly out of harms way, especially with their pack preparing for a fight.

• Bless
"You may go, and yes I insist that you take someone with you at least for the trip. There are things out there far bigger than a single wolf, that is why we hunt in packs. So go if you want to, but take one of the pack with you. I won't risk you going in there without someone to watch your back. I'll wait here for you, and have the pack readied for the coming fight."

She chuckled softly as she bit his lower jaw playfully. "You forget I was a lone wolf when you found me, I survived quite a few years without any help. If I can shift I have 3 forms to get out of trouble with. The village needs every last wolf, especially the males, for the fight against the others. If I go alone and can get in and out faster...."

She again tried talking him out of making someone go with her. She could handle it on her own she was sure... and in the event she was wrong, the pack would loose 1 female, who hadn't even been part of it long. There were less males as it was already and the males had brute strength not to mention they brought genetic differences to their breeding line.

She snuggled against him gently, letting the subject drop. It was endearing, that he worried about her after they'd only known each other a short while, but she was thinking about the success of the pack as a whole.

Uhfred

• Cry
She chuckled softly as she bit his lower jaw playfully. "You forget I was a lone wolf when you found me, I survived quite a few years without any help. If I can shift I have 3 forms to get out of trouble with. The village needs every last wolf, especially the males, for the fight against the others. If I go alone and can get in and out faster...."

"I understand what you mean, and truth be told I've thought of that too. But still, it isn't in our nature to sacrifice our own. Someone is going with you, it doesn't have to be a male but someone is going with you." He insisted. He was adamant about this. She would go with someone, or she wouldn't go.

Her playful nipping didn't go unanswered, he nibbled one of her ears in retaliation, before scratching behind that same ear in the way he knew she liked. It would be a good night tonight.

"I understand what you mean, and truth be told I've thought of that too. But still, it isn't in our nature to sacrifice our own. Someone is going with you, it doesn't have to be a male but someone is going with you."

She sighed faintly... "Sending 2 females out makes even less sense then sending 1 alone. 1 female means multiple pups for future lineage..." She left it at that... there was no point in arguing with him... he was her alpha, she had to listen to him, and.... she quickly got distracted by his ear nibbles and scratches.

Her eyes fell closed and her tongue lolled out the side of her mouth slightly as he scratched her lightly. She lifted her head, pushing slightly against his claws, a smile creeping up her muzzle. She moved and reached her hand up to return the ear scratches, dragging her own claws lightly through his grey pelt the aligned his skull. She forced her eyes open to watch his reaction, smiling slightly as she scratched the back of his head and behind his ears as she rubbed her muzzle against his lightly.

Uhfred

• Devil
She sighed faintly... "Sending 2 females out makes even less sense then sending 1 alone. 1 female means multiple pups for future lineage..." She left it at that... there was no point in arguing with him... he was her alpha, she had to listen to him, and.... she quickly got distracted by his ear nibbles and scratches.

There was really no point in continuing, his point had been made, and he knew she'd respect his decision. He was glad that she was thinking along the lines of what was best for the pack. Truly it was a good thing, and he trusted her judgement more for it. But at the same time her willingness to accept his decision told him again exactly how loyal she was. He didn't think he could possibly ask for more.

Her eyes fell closed and her tongue lolled out the side of her mouth slightly as he scratched her lightly. She lifted her head, pushing slightly against his claws, a smile creeping up her muzzle. She moved and reached her hand up to return the ear scratches, dragging her own claws lightly through his grey pelt the aligned his skull. She forced her eyes open to watch his reaction, smiling slightly as she scratched the back of his head and behind his ears as she rubbed her muzzle against his lightly.

He grinned down at her, a pleased smile on his face. "Trying to turn the tables on me?" He teased. Her scratching his ears were welcome, and pleasant to feel. He just laid there, happy.