Fable - Ask Laws of the Pack

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"Would this not be a good idea?? Wouldn't there be more safety in numbers?"

"That's what I'm thinking. But there's no guarantee that it will be allowed to happen. So if they intend to attack us then there's very little chance that either side will walk away unhurt, which means in turn that they might be willing to negotiate with us. If we accept any invitation to join them, then we'd have greater safety yes, but at the same time who's to say this pack will be any better than slaves. It really depends on what they want. If they offer us a place in their pack, I'm willing to give some serious consideration to it, but also be prepared to fight them, you saw what happened the last time we met this pack."

He honestly had some trouble thinking through this, what to do in what situation. He'd probably accept a number of offers if it meant his pack would survive.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Sephrenia
"That's what I'm thinking. But there's no guarantee that it will be allowed to happen. So if they intend to attack us then there's very little chance that either side will walk away unhurt, which means in turn that they might be willing to negotiate with us. If we accept any invitation to join them, then we'd have greater safety yes, but at the same time who's to say this pack will be any better than slaves. It really depends on what they want. If they offer us a place in their pack, I'm willing to give some serious consideration to it, but also be prepared to fight them, you saw what happened the last time we met this pack."

She pondered his words in silence... pondering if she would end up dead if she just decided to go forth and try to talk to them. She probably would... She told herself. She knew little of the pack life. She was still learning it all. She looked to him quietly... "Well... Maybe I could go talk to them?" She asked softly. "I would be willing to give it a shot, if I went unarmed, they'd have no reason to kill me... so I would think I should be ok..."

She doubted he would allow it. She did not know the intelligence in the idea but it seemed sound to her.

Uhfred

• Devil
Reactions: Uhfred
She pondered his words in silence... pondering if she would end up dead if she just decided to go forth and try to talk to them. She probably would... She told herself. She knew little of the pack life. She was still learning it all. She looked to him quietly... "Well... Maybe I could go talk to them?" She asked softly. "I would be willing to give it a shot, if I went unarmed, they'd have no reason to kill me... so I would think I should be ok..."

"Potentially, but that is my task, I'll not send someone else, least of all my mate, out to negotiate for me. That is cowardly. I appreciate you volunteering and it is good that you wish to help, but this is a matter I need to handle."

"The pack needs it's alpha male more than any female. Females outnumber the males here...Plus.... they are less likely to attack an unarmed female where as a male they will attack if they find threat. You are the best alpha for our pack, your death or injury is far worse than even the loss of me. You can find another mate, there are plenty willing"

She said softly. She knew a few things... and her points were sound, she knew that, but whether he would admit it or not was another story.

Uhfred

• Cry
"The pack needs it's alpha male more than any female. Females outnumber the males here...Plus.... they are less likely to attack an unarmed female where as a male they will attack if they find threat. You are the best alpha for our pack, your death or injury is far worse than even the loss of me. You can find another mate, there are plenty willing"

She said softly. She knew a few things... and her points were sound, she knew that, but whether he would admit it or not was another story.

Uhfred

"Yes but to send you out would be no better than to hide behind you, and there is no room for cowardice among packs, nor dishonor, they will not attack me if we are negotiating and if they do many of their own wolves will find it difficult to remain loyal to dishonest alphas. I must go, for the sake of the pack and the sake of honour." He countered. "Your sentiments are appreciated, and your logic is sound, but ultimately I must go, not you."

• Nervous
"Yes but to send you out would be no better than to hide behind you, and there is no room for cowardice among packs, nor dishonor, they will not attack me if we are negotiating and if they do many of their own wolves will find it difficult to remain loyal to dishonest alphas. I must go, for the sake of the pack and the sake of honour." He countered. "Your sentiments are appreciated, and your logic is sound, but ultimately I must go, not you."

She nodded softly, accepting his statement in silence though she did not like it. Perhaps he would let her go with at least.

"May I go with? If I promise to keep my mouth shut? "

If they did attack him, it didn't matter to her that their pack would have issue with their alpha... he would be hurt if not dead, that was her concern not their tension amongst their ranks. She did not care about their problems.

Uhfred

• Cry
She nodded softly, accepting his statement in silence though she did not like it. Perhaps he would let her go with at least.

"May I go with? If I promise to keep my mouth shut? "

He sighed and relented, "yes, you may come with me, just please stay behind me."

He could tell she didn't like his decision. He sat next to her and draped an arm over her shoulders. "It'll be alright Seph. These wolves will have some semblance of honour, they won't attack under truce."

"But you will not even know if truce is to be had until you are in danger, therein lies my concern. They've attacked already, they did not seek truce then and sending you out to see if they want it now, alone, does not seem wise." She leaned against him smiling softly at the gesture.

"I promise I will stay behind you, silent unless you are attacked."
Uhfred

• Bless
"But you will not even know if truce is to be had until you are in danger, therein lies my concern. They've attacked already, they did not seek truce then and sending you out to see if they want it now, alone, does not seem wise." She leaned against him smiling softly at the gesture.

"I promise I will stay behind you, silent unless you are attacked."
Uhfred

"I come out after truce is called." He told her. "We are not idiots. They will call to talk if they have any desire to, in which case we will be able to do so without fear of ambush."

He rubbed her shoulder and sighed happily, "what did I do to deserve a woman like you?"

• Cthuulove
She smiled as he rubbed her shoulder soothingly. She lay her head against him lightly and shrugged.

"You were born super cute and fluffy."

She grinned innocently, stretching up to lick him with her sloppy wet tongue, playfully.

Uhfred

• Devil
She smiled as he rubbed her shoulder soothingly. She lay her head against him lightly and shrugged.

"You were born super cute and fluffy."

She grinned innocently, stretching up to lick him with her sloppy wet tongue, playfully.

Uhfred

He couldn't stop an amused chuckle from escaping him. "Such a charmer."

The lick was appreciated, but he also knew that she was trying to be naughty. Maybe after this mess was sorted out they could visit the lone den, and have a bit of fun there.

But for now, caressing her collared neck with a suggestive growl was the most he could do.

She grinned brightly as she cuddled him lightly. She felt his hand trail over the collar and she smirked slightly.

"So.... When are you going to call for a truce then?" She asked softly.... "And what kinds of things are truces and combining packs usually made of.. like... what does such a thing call for, and what are you willing to do..?"

Uhfred

She grinned brightly as she cuddled him lightly. She felt his hand trail over the collar and she smirked slightly.

"So.... When are you going to call for a truce then?" She asked softly.... "And what kinds of things are truces and combining packs usually made of.. like... what does such a thing call for, and what are you willing to do..?"

Uhfred

“At the first opportunity.” He answered. “As far as what it calls for, that usually depends on circumstances. What I’m willing to accept is that we join them, but only if we are accepted as full members of their pack. Most other things are to be considered at least.”

• Smug
“At the first opportunity. As far as what it calls for, that usually depends on circumstances. What I’m willing to accept is that we join them, but only if we are accepted as full members of their pack. Most other things are to be considered at least.”

She nodded softly as she nuzzled against him quietly. His status as Alpha meant nothing to her, nor did her status as alpha... so she was not worried about that. She settled in against him for the remainder of the evening, watching the wilds quietly.
Uhfred

• Bless
She nodded softly as she nuzzled against him quietly. His status as Alpha meant nothing to her, nor did her status as alpha... so she was not worried about that. She settled in against him for the remainder of the evening, watching the wilds quietly.

He held her close too. She was precious to him, and he knew that he'd put her above a number of things, mayhaps not the pack as a whole, but he wouldn't let anything happen to her so long as he could do anything to help her.

So they cuddled for a while, and they were relieved from watch a few hours later and they went back to sleep.

She was content with him, cuddled as they watched. When they were relieved from watch they went back to where they always slept and they cuddled more. As he fell asleep she lifted her head, resting it protectively on his, tilting her head to rest an ear against his shoulder, listening to his heartbeat as she continued watching the goings on. She rested her arm gently over him as she held her love close.

She drifted to sleep after a bit, her head resting lightly on his still as she slept. Ears perked listening to the sounds around her for anything that sent warning of danger.

Uhfred

• Bless
She was content with him, cuddled as they watched. When they were relieved from watch they went back to where they always slept and they cuddled more. As he fell asleep she lifted her head, resting it protectively on his, tilting her head to rest an ear against his shoulder, listening to his heartbeat as she continued watching the goings on. She rested her arm gently over him as she held her love close.

She drifted to sleep after a bit, her head resting lightly on his still as she slept. Ears perked listening to the sounds around her for anything that sent warning of danger.

Uhfred

He'd wake up with her there, protective in her way of cuddling. It was three things at once, touching, Adorable and sweet. He couldn't help but smile at her. Honestly he had no idea what he'd managed to do for the world to have gotten the privilege of having her as his own.

So he waited for her to wake before he got up. That day was going to be long and tense, as they waited for the other pack to act.

• Bless
She stirred, yawning widely and noticed him already awake, waiting for her patiently so he could move. She chuckled "Sorry" as she moved away a little to give him some room. She stretched slightly as she looked to him and hugged him gently before pushing herself to her feet and shaking the dust from her ebony pelt. She offered him and hand quietly as she looked the way of the other pack.

"Should we try to call for a truce now?" she asked softly.
Uhfred

• Thoughtful
She offered him and hand quietly as she looked the way of the other pack.

"Should we try to call for a truce now?" she asked softly.

"We should try." He said, accepting her hand.

He didn't wait for anything, he just went to the top of the wall and walked to the gatehouse. He called out, they replied. It was time to meet them.

He left his swords on the wall, and told Seph to leave her bow, this would be diplomatic. "Are you sure you want to come with me?"

• Nervous
She watched him quietly as he moved to the top of the wall, walking to the gatehouse and calling out. He stripped of his weapons and she followed suit, settling her bow down quietly.

"Are you sure you want to come with me?"

"Absolutely" She said softly as she reached for his hand as they headed out. She kept her head lifted slightly as she walked beside her mate, her ebony pelt blowing slightly in the wind. As they stepped out from the village, past the wall she let go of his hand quietly and fell a step behind him. Her ears rested loosely as she followed him, her tail hanging loosely, showing neither aggression nor fear.

Uhfred

• Scared
They approached the lone alpha, who stood at the end of the single landbridge leading to the now fortified village. Baraek approached the wolf and offered his hand to shake, which was accepted..

"You called for negotiation," the alpha said. "What do you want?"

"We want to be left alone." He replied.

The alpha laughed. "Your wall is impressive, especially due to how quickly you put it up, but it can't keep us out."

"But any attempt would considerably thin your numbers. You'd be stupid to attack us."

• Smug
Seph approached a step behind Baraek, her sapphire eyes landing on the Alpha before them slowly. She listened to their words back and forth, she clenched her jaw slightly at the Alpha's words. He seemed to be a bit of a prick. She did not move a muscle as she watched and learned from the exchange. She breathed in slowly, taking this other male's scent in, storing it in her memory should she need it in the future.

She did not make any faces or hardly move as they spoke. The other alpha's eyes fell on her only for a fleeting moment as Baraek and him spoke. She kept her stance, not moving, just listening and watching quietly.

Uhfred

"Is that so?" the other alpha continued.

"Feel free to put the wall to the test if you're so eager." Baraek challenged.

"Enough." A third voice spoke from behind the alpha they now faced.

A slightly older wolf walked forward, covered in scars and a good bit bigger than Baraek and the other alpha. There was no mistake to be had, this was the Prime Alpha for the pack.

"You're resourceful, I'll give you that, but ultimately your pack is simply too small to win this fight." The Prime Alpha said.

"True, but the drawback to that is that even if you did win your pack would be left smaller than my current one. Neither of us can afford a fight here." Baraek stated clearly.

There was silence for a moment, two. Then Prime Alpha started laughing. "Resourceful, brave, defiant but not stupid either. I could use that. You're right, neither of us can afford a fight, so I am willing to offer you an alternative. You join my pack as a Secundus Alpha, you retain control over your pack, and answer to me. A bargain not to be walked away from I do not think."

He paused. "Any other terms you wish to put forth? My answer depends on yours."

"None other than you are required to come to the aid of your brother Alpha's when called upon, either as a pack or an individual."

He offered his hand to the alpha, "In that case I accept."

"Is that so?" The alpha from the other pack stated, Seph listened silently still, from her stance she could see Baraek’s features as he and the other alpha went backwards and forwards in their exchange.

"Feel free to put the wall to the test if you're so eager." Baraek challenged.

"Enough." A new voice chimed in. Her sapphire eyes moved to a new wolf who appeared. He was large and battleworn. Her ears perked forward as she looked to him curiously.

"You're resourceful, I'll give you that, but ultimately your pack is simply too small to win this fight." He said.

"True, but the drawback to that is that even if you did win your pack would be left smaller than my current one. Neither of us can afford a fight here." Baraek countered. The silence in the air could be cut with a knife as the 3 males stared at each other. She was tense as she looked between the three.

"Resourceful, brave, defiant but not stupid either. I could use that. You're right, neither of us can afford a fight, so I am willing to offer you an alternative. You join my pack as a Secundus Alpha, you retain control over your pack, and answer to me. A bargain not to be walked away from I do not think. Any other terms you wish to put forth? My answer depends on yours."

"None other than you are required to come to the aid of your brother Alpha's when called upon, either as a pack or an individual."

"In that case I accept." The other alpha shook Baraek’s hand. She stood in place watching quietly, waiting for Baraek to tell her what she should or shouldn’t do. Not wanting to ruin anything now after all this was completed.
Uhfred

• Bless
"Come on in, we will discuss further inside the walls, but until things are settled, you may bring no more than four of your pack with you." Baraek said to the Prime Alpha before turning around to lead him into the walls, and he gestured for Seph to follow him.

The Prime Alpha wasn't terribly happy about being given orders but it was a reasonable request and quite clearly they didn't entirely trust him. It wasn't something he could say no to right off the bat. So he called over four of his wolves and they came inside, each wolf being an Alpha.

Baraek's pack was skeptical of the newcomers, and ready to pounce at any moment.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: The Kimber