Open Chronicles Lawbring'n 101 - I - A Village in Turmoil

A roleplay open for anyone to join
(OOC: at this point a lot of shit happened behind the scenes, this is a post to tie things together and keep things going, sorry for the wait...)

Warrencoe's panda form bounced off Cauldwin's back, infuriating the angry rusted warrior further as he managed to slip away from his strikes like a fast and slippery eel. Hearing Yasuhiro's threat he then tried to bite into his fox forms tail. The cunning thief probably realized their wasn't any point in staying around a village he had so thoroughly made himself hostile to. So in his form he grabbed a mouth full of apples from one the small buildings Cauldwin had just ruined in his bloodlust and retreated with impressive haste into the forest.

Cauldwin would try to pursue but could not match his panda forms' speed or waste too much time chasing him. Their was just much more important things that needed to be dealt with. Cauldwin's bones compressed again as the bloodlust faded, the miasma dissipated from him, however entering that state so fast had done a severe number on his body. His torn ligaments and ruptured muscles meant he was no longer in the fighting condition he had been before this little escapade.

Syvis

Yasuhiro

Xzaar Vixneel

The blonde elf stared at what remained of the great solider. He looked quite wasted. A ruined man.

She smirked before calling out to him across the village in a smug tone. „Have you enough yet?“ she hadn’t a care if her voice was heard by the whole village she wanted to know. Was the man still a threat?

Syvis‘ eyes scanned for another threat, hoping there wasn’t another. But she was prepared, she was always prepared. Her eyes landed on the man who declared silly things on the roof. What was his story?

(replies might be late and short sorry lovelies!!)

Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr
Xzaar Vixneel
Yasuhiro

(I'm so sorry. The busy bug bitten me so pain. Was also waitin' for Blitz but nvm.)

Several things happened in such a short amount of time. Events that Confused, angered and frightened. We'll
start with the first! Like many situations he'd find himself in, there is always an obstacle that is, quite frankly, a pain in the ass. Identifying said pain is typically unforeseeable until it speaks to you, and today, it spoke to him in various way. The first one, Syvis, literally spoke to him, informing him of a threat he's already aware about. He turned his attention from the people below, narrowing his eyes at the woman. Certain people inspire a petty side of him, and her improper use of manly pride had done just that. In this brief encounter, he mentally probed the words he spoke, and he could not detect anything that suggests the conceit she stated. His summary complete, he turned and opened his mouth for a scathing rebuttal, but she rushed down the building to go confront the thief, leaving him there irritated.

He did not chase after her or interfere with the events below, choosing to remain at his vantage point as this is the optimal place to shoot an arrow if he needed to. From here, he could also perceive emotions clearer than he could. Warren had killed someone? He was unclear on all of that, but the thing that interested him was that Well I'll be damned... she... shut me out? It was something he thought to be present among only empaths. Well, he assumes that she isn't an empath. Although, it would make sense for non-empaths to devise a mental defense to guard their emotions from malicious empaths.

It seems that the thief had made the wise decision to withdraw, and did the metal man just... shrink? It was so slight, but something had definitely happened. Since things have started to simmer down, he decided that now it's time to meet his presumed... allies, especially after Syvis eyed him. Oh, wait? is that a fox? Anyway, he climbed down from the town hall, taking a deep breath to prepare himself the headache he's certain to get, and walking over to the pair the pair. He pulled his hood down while approaching, and a keen eye would see that it was fashioned out of leaves. It's an excellent way to conceal himself without the use of mimicry. "I assume you don't like me?" he might as well just lay it all out there, "I'm not a threat to either of you. You allied yourself with the village, and that's all I have to know. I would like to bring those responsible for this towns initial carnage to justice, and you two have arrived before me so I presume that you have more insight on the situation than me?"

(OOC: Yeah... not sure if we lost Yasuhiro or not, but he can just interject with a post if he likes.)

Cauldwin lumbered out from the tree line, his movements were stiff, unsteady, and jerkish. A good indication of severe strain and injury. He heard from the distance,
"Have you enough yet?“

The northern-knife-ear, figures, only one in the whole village and its a smart ass. He didn't feel like validating her with a response, he only kept pace marching back to the village. Though probably not the only ones to hear his ear-piercing roar, he'd bet his coin they were the only two who saw his berserking. It was too early for the village to have an idea of what he is, the situation was too fragile, the people too terrified, and he hadn't even built a proper rapport with them yet... worse still if the brigands numbers were as sizeable as he feared, he wasn't judging them all by his lonesome.

Still the abnormal occurrences would need to be addressed, and he knew the Stríðsfaðir would forgive a small deception if it brought lasting order. The ranger and the north-elf descended from atop the town hall. It seemed there was tension between the two, it looks like the elf tends to insult more than just outlanders. Well, that was assuming she was not one herself. Cauldwin stood upright at attention, even on his damaged body, as the ranger addressed he and the north-elf,
"I'm not a threat to either of you. You allied yourself with the village, and that's all I have to know. I would like to bring those responsible for this towns initial carnage to justice, and you two have arrived before me so I presume that you have more insight on the situation than me?"

Cauldwin responded promptly, though internally he was a little surprised he hadn't inquired to the show they were he and the she-elf were both witness to, "Aye, then we have common cause, Xzaar. I can't say much more than can be surmised by the state of the village, but I have a pretty good idea of how to track the brigands... though first, we should see to calming the locals. They're all probably terrified, and we can not have them abandoning this settlement."

Syvis

Yasuhiro

Xzaar Vixneel

The giant man who'd just caused quite the rukus made no move to answer her. Figures, he was likely the silent brooding warrior women tried to bring home from the bar. As most warriors attempted to be, although she found few completed the role to the extent that this man did. She let a smirk play across her face, few ignored Syvis Quimaer.

The other elf found his way down to the rest of the group and addressed the lumbering warrior asking if their was dislike amongst them. A straightforward man as most of her people were, at least she could get behind that. She did not dignify a response to the comment about her possibility of disliking the other elf, if she did have disdain for the man he'd need not ask.

Syvis snickered as the large soldier finished speaking, "I've figured it out, you're afraid to speak to women!" she declared, "My apologies for intimidating you." she finished with a wink. Maybe Syvis was being overly cocky but she hadn't a care. These men were neither friend nor foe, they were nobodies.

The large man made a point about calming down the village. He was right it was a task they should take on. She kicked up a small cloud of dust with her boots before she made way to speak again. "Aye, but after-" she gestured to him in waving motions "-all that, they will not trust you. They've likely all shit their pants." Syvis looked at the other elf, "You'd likely have the best of luck, even in traumatic times rural communities still hate half breeds." They'd be more likely to listen to one of their own, despite his giant Elven ego that seemed to rival her own.

Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr
Xzaar Vixneel

(Sorry for late replies was hospitalized; all is well though. :) )

He does not know much about the half-elf beyond first impressions, but he already gathered everything he needs to know about her. Ignoring him had only solidified his conviction that she indeed held disdain for him, although he is unable to determine why. He felt something from her earlier, right before he was shut out, and he wasn't able to place his finger on it until now. Empathy may take you miles, but old fashioned observation is excellent to have when you need to go a few extra yards without magic. She was arrogant, and judging by how she's able to speak in this manner to a mysterious armored brute without batting an eye, she was unabashed by it. From the animated gestures to winking, it was clear that she's a master provoking the rage in people. Cauldwin was smart to ignore that taunt, for the best way to deal with infantile children hellbent on annoyance is to ignore them until they grow bored.

Annoyance aside, Syvis was right. Copulation between and Elf and Human isn't completely rare, but it's still frowned upon-- especially the falwood-- by both societies. It's no secret that humans have done more than enough-- screw Vel Anir-- to earn themselves on bad terms with the elves. While elves aren't inherently xenophobic, there could still be an entrenched distrust of humans that stem from Vel Anir. Xzaar is no exception, and he can admit that Syvis' human features are off setting to him.

"I suppose that I'll make an attempt, and barriers won't be involved this time." He couldn't help but poke fun at his earlier screw up. His fault for not catching a nap. There is siphoning, and then there is external influence. He doesn't have to steal your emotions to persuade you, as he demonstrated by using Charity. A sometimes difficult emotion to come by, and an even harder one to siphon; he despises the idea of stealing charity from someone, so he has skimmed it away from people in the past as slightly as he could manage. Not only would it heal, but it can generate a soothing influence to others. He'll kick himself for using a precious emotion that he could possibly need later, but he fears that the locals would be too frightened to heed mundane persuasion.

He turned away from the pair and stepped over to the villagers-- certainly some must have stayed to watch the chaos while others fled to their homes-- and those nearby should sense that he felt amiable. Selflessness, that he genuinely wanted to help and hopefully assuage their minds. Course, he never uses these simply tricks without a verbal push. "Me again! First, I want to apologize for the barrier and to all those I might have injured with it's conjuring. I did it to protect, and the result was unwanted. The events had been--" Cauldwin... really did a number on those houses. "taken care of, and the three of us will begin restoring order shortly, but we cannot do that as long as everyone's"--the Charity he radiated had abruptly stopped and his aura returned to normal--"panicking. I beseech you, work with us and we will deliver retribution."

He's trying, and he spoke with as much confidence as he could gather. Hopefully they don't ask what the hell Cauldwin just did 'cause he hasn't a clue either. Hell, hopefully there aren't any questions in general. Not somethin' you wanna deal with.

Cauldwin tilted his head a bit at the half-elf's response, he couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic arse or if she was just *special*. Still she had a point, perhaps they'd listen to one of their own over well him. Hopefully he wasn't about to mention his... destructive behavior. The villigers that were guarding the outside had more or less retreated to the entrance of the town hall that the bulk of the villagers remained inside.

They had been signaled of the relative safety, and shaken they began to leave the town hall and likely begin preparations to abandon the village. However they seemed oddly compelled to stop and listen to Xzaar's speech. Cauldwin had followed behind and stood behind with his arms crossed. He wasn't convinced the speech would be successful, when promising order it rather hinders the argument to have pauses and essentially end with begging their support. Miraculously however the speech, seemed to work.

The mayor pushed to the front of the crowd to respond, "It'll take a damned day to get the supplies together to head to a safer settlement. You have a day to take care of whatever the hell is hitting us." Cauldwin uncrossed his arms and stepped in front of Xzaar to speak, "It will be done." The mayor scoffed before he began addressing the people and making preparations.

Syvis

Yasuhiro

Xzaar Vixneel

Syvis' jaw fell a little. "A day?? ARE YOU FUCKING MAD?!?!" the elf ended up screeching at him. "I can barely finish getting my hair braided in a day let alone find whatever in the Gods' name is doing that!" Her arm flew into a point at the flayed bodies.

She sat down in the dirt before standing up again. "A fucking day..." the blonde mumbled before wandering off to see if she couldn't collect more arrows or blades in preparation. The other two could take care of people and plans for all she cared. Syvis wasn't even supposed to be here, and she couldn't fathom what she'd gotten herself into now.

(Give me some time to not be exhausted just by standing and they will get longer thank you for your patience.)

Xzaar Vixneel
Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr

• Popcorn
Reactions: Xzaar Vixneel
(Dw about length. Take as much time as you need, and sorry I'm l a t e)

Yet again, the half-elf demonstrated that she enjoys infuriating whoever she chooses. Even in a situation such as this, she couldn't refuse the opportunity... or perhaps she expressed genuine discontent and being annoying is so ingrained into her being that she doesn't understand the harm in contradicting that It Will Be Done. Her outburst startled him a bit, and he slid a hand down his face in disappointment as she could be planting doubt into their minds. A dysfunctional team may tend to sink the confidence boat him and Cauldwin were trying to sail on.

He's gotten a few things done in a day. Although, once again, she was right to an extent. How hard is hair to manage? They don't know exactly what they're dealing with. He knows they're ruthless and have no issue in making a statement for all to witness. The group also has to track and defeat them. Then, she walked off. He doesn't know where and he's not going to ask. "I don't believe I've met an elf act in such a way... must be the human side," he has met annoying humans-- wait, what is Cauldwin? "and if you're human under... all that, I apologize. Anyway, I doubt she's coming back, so we should probably get moving. Also, I never caught your name."

Or he can just make one up, but who wants to be named Tinman?

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Syvis
Cauldwin didn't even look at the northern half elf, such an outburst from a lass was unworthy of acknowledgement. Then again even a half elf could look so young and be three times his age. Looking at Xzaar's visible response, he could tell they were one in the same mind on this.

"I don't believe I've met an elf act in such a way... must be the human side, and if you're human under... all that, I apologize. Anyway, I doubt she's coming back, so we should probably get moving. Also, I never caught your name."

Cauldwin gave a short nod and replied, "Theoretically, half. And none taken, a human's passion is why we get so much done in our short times. As for a name... I haven't a name worth speaking, but some of the traditional elves in the land have taken to calling me Dy'vus Luno (literally agony watcher, but can be likened to agonized guardian [watcher] depending on the elvish dialect). You may adress me as watchman if that is not to your liking." He then looked over to the young half elf, "What was your name lass?"

Syvis

Xzaar Vixneel

Last edited: