Open Chronicles Lawbring'n 101 - I - A Village in Turmoil

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr

The Butcher of Alliria
Character Biography
Link
1623717450942.png
Greenholm, a new upstart village right on the edge of the Falwood and the Aberrasai Savannah. It has developed to a point of having most of the basic requirements of a settlement: a cash crop, a competent carpenter, and a mayor. It has an approximate population of somewhere between forty and sixty people, that saturation of which is roughly split thirty-seventy between elfen and human settlers. This place has survived off trade with some of the denizens of the Falwood and have managed too bribe off most forms of trouble. Unfortunately, seems they were throwing goods and coin at their troubles a little too much...

It was a hazy early mourning, the dew hadn't yet evaporated from the grass and leaves. Cauldwin walked through the woods, a few half rotted heads of petty thieves hanging from his belt, and the brown and white fur cloak he had taken to wearing draped over his vissageless helm and rusted pauldrons. He wandered forth, until he came to a clearing, seeing in its center a small village. It was surprisingly quiet, typically when it comes to villages like this the people are already toiling. He decided to investigate.

Getting closer to the village, there was clear signs of large movements, wild flowers and the tall grasses had been trampled on mass towards and from the village like the spreading roots of weeds. Entering the outer parameter of the village, audible weeping and mournful cries could be heard. Finding his way to the center of the village he found a familiar grave sight.

Nailed and otherwise impaled to the outer boards of the townhall were the mangled and looted corpses of what around fifteen people, their blood and entrails leaking down the sides of the building. In front the bodies were some of the village men, pretty much unarmed and armored but clearly standing guard in front of the bodies. Undoubtable so the other residents who were in mourning could not remove their dead. His presence clearly unnerved the *guards* though he struggled to regard these peasant workers as such.

One of the woman in mourning, a she-elf, spotted Cauldwin. She had blonde disheveled hair, a weathered pale completion with green eyes bloodshot from her weeping, and she wore a sun-dyed light blue common dress with a dark gray apron. Her face went from an expression of despair and twisted into an enraged sneer. She stood up in fury and rushed him pounding her balled fists in vain on the rusted goliath's plates. She screamed at him furiously,
"GAAH! YOU BASTARDS!", she continued as she slammed her now bloodied hands against his plates, "COME TO SEE WE HAVEN'T TAKEN THEM DOWN?! RAA!", one of the men quickly ran up and pulled her off him, apologizing profusely, "I'm sorry, she didn't mean it. She's jus' not right in the head, no need to do anythin' drastic."

Cauldwin didn't speak, he only considered the situation he found himself in. Clearly a more militant organization had enacted some bloody rebuke. As to what and if it was justified, he couldn't say. He took a step forward, to better examine the dead who had been pinned up. In response the man who had pulled the she-elf back flinched and shielded the woman with his body, facing away from Cauldwin. "MERCY!", he cried. This inspired an unusual sensation in Cauldwin, for for of the time he thoroughly enjoyed inspiring terror in those around him, not so this time...

Syvis sighed. She didn't know why she was returning home just that she'd received a letter of "urgency" from her father's housecarl, though she herself deeply doubted there was any sort of problem. Yet here she was walking into Falwood. It was nice to be home at least she grimaced, her reflection and questioning was rudely interrupted by commotion from a village nearby; Greenholm. She reckoned it had to be that village as that's where she was headed, stock up there and trudge onward yet due to a plea of mercy she decided there likely wasn't much of a village to stop at.

Sighing she felt her hip, the weight of a familiar dagger still there. She knew her bow was still there as the string dug into her shoulder a tad, yet she deemed it best to re-adjust. She halted her pace and took off her cloak and bow before placing it back on cloak overtop of the bow this time. It was a very obvious bow beneath her cloak but at least it gave the impression she was not hostile. Maybe she could just walk through and keep on her path with no trouble.

She continued her silent trudge to Greenholm, adjusting her hair as a feeble attempt at hiding the hint of her Elven lineage, most of her "people" didn't much like half-elves anyways and the more rural you got the worse the hate got. She'd rather just been seen as filthy human despite the disgust it brought her. It was still likely the bone structure would give herself away but she prayed the pleas weren't justice from a hate crime, just a looting.

She'd finally reached the sparse woody outline surrounding the village, making an effort to conceal herself in whatever shadow she could as her eyes scanned the sight before her.

Her eyes did not deceive her as she spotted the mangled and maimed bodies of just over a dozen Elven men. Their blood painted the building they were strung upon in shades of crimson and maroon some old blood some new. So the bodies still oozed it seemed, it was from that hiding spot that she watched a large armoured man waltz into the town square, his waist decorated by rotting heads. Interesting fashion choice yet likely kept people from asking questions the man didn't wish to hear, or get them to ask the questions he did. Still she watched as a grieving woman wailed and beat on him in a fit of hysteria, and another Elven man pull her away. Her ears strained yet she only heard tidbits of the woman's screeches.

Had the armoured man done this? Syvis pondered, it was a possibility, it was also a possibility that the woman's frail mind was overthrown off it's reason by despair and anguish. She did pity her people yet such strong reactions weakened a person in their opponents eyes.

Syvis' eyes looked at what remained of few of the men's faces; what wasn't beaten beyond recognition at such a distance. She herself recognized two or three but it was no matter, death was just part of life.

Revealing herself from her hiding spot she walked towards the center of the town, she'd just cut through and be on her way. Easy as pie. Right?

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
  • Smug
Reactions: Mute and warrencoe
Warren was gloomy. Not because of anything and not because of nothing. He watched the towns folk come and go and felt a sense of dread creeping around him. Puck was napping and Warren just couldn't sleep. The fog had provided a prickly chill and Warren wrapped the cloak around himself. That village looks nice! I think I could get some nice stuff from there. Who is that? Warren spotted an elven girl walking. "Heh." Warren chuckled from the tree. "Nice bow."

• Nervous
Reactions: Syvis
Held his composure, and calmly but sternly addressed the man with his deep guttural voice, "Hold your composure elf. I'm not here to cut you down." The elf man returned to face him, the she-elf being pulled away and comforted by the other denizens. He had deep brown eyes and hair, was an average build for an elf, stout and thin. The elf also possessed fairly average clothes for a commoner: blue tights a white tan shirt with a light brown hide jerkin over it. The elf gazed up at Cauldwin, his wide eyed stare and slouched posture leaving it plain to see that he was intimidated.

The elf began to prattle, "Th- Thank you. She's just goin' through it rough ya-", the elf was cut off as Cauldwin took a step forward looming over him as he had about a foot on him, "Stop. Groveling." The elf went dead silent and looked down at the ground. Cauldwin took a second to raise his gaze and survey the surrounding area. He only noted that some of the more aware of the village were wandering away from town square as his presence seemed to herald trouble.

He then looked back down to the elf, "Now then, do you have a leader?" The elf's pupils widened, "Ye- yeah. Yeah! Fallow me, I'll take you to the mayor." Cauldwin followed the elf patiently, as he took him around the building and into its interior. It was important he gave these people the illusion of control. Less they refuse to co-operate. The front of the building was about what you would expect, a single door on a large wall of planks. He entered.

Inside was a large room and at the end was a large desk flanked by rows of seats, this was clearly where the people of this village did their gatherings. In that seat was an older, husky man in green clothing. He scribbled on multiple papers as he listened to the surrounding villagers complaints and threats. No doubt inspired by whatever desperation they now found themselves in. Cauldwin's heavy iron boots shook the building with every step, drawing all attention to him as he approached the mayor. The crowd that surrounded him backing away thinking this would likely be the mayor's death.

The mayor looked at him with bored, dead eyes,
"If your here for your boss's protection fee, I'm afraid we have nothing left to pay it." Cauldwin replied simply, "I'm not here for extortion, I'm here to reinstate order. Now, inform me of the militants that need culling..." The Mayor looked at him with a mix of relief and surprise, "If your a merc, I'm afraid I have no way to pay-", Cauldwin cut him off, "I have no need of money."

Syvis

warrencoe

• Sip
Warren plummeted out of the tree. Puck was nestled deep in his pocket. "Another elf huh? Looks like fun." Warren crept toward the outskirts of the gloomy village. The fog was rising now and he could see a bit more clearly. The village wouldn't be so hard to rob, any thief can do it, thought Warren. He spotted an opening.
Just another old town...

Syvis' ears had picked up the comments on her bow. Yet she pretended she didn't as she ventured further within the village, better to be prepared and seem oblivious.

The distraught woman and the man were interrupted by the man's boom, which made Syvis' skin crawl. As he walked away she walked towards her grieving people, she was always too much of a softie for her own good. She approached quietly deciding to talk to the seemingly calm man, she put a hand on his shoulder as she began to speak; "I do not wish to stir up any further public displays of emotion but I do wish to know what happened brother." She told him in a sweet tone, her motives were for her own personal gain however. She needed to be prepared.

• Orc
Reactions: warrencoe
Warren caught up with the suspicious elven girl after changing his mind. These type of travelers, he thought, always have bounties. This was a rare sight to behold because he usually struck from the shadows, if he struck at all. "So, what's happening? Got anyone I need to hunt? I have some bounty offers right in that village. So if you have anyone you'd like dead, I will be right in that mayor's building."

Last edited:
  • Yay
The mayor put down his quill and sat up, he looked at Cauldwin with a stern scowl before replying, "Well, aren't you just a regular miracle from the gods...", Cauldwin gave a slight high pitched chuckle beneath his helm at the statement, as he was the chosen vassal of the Stríðsfaðir (or Warfather in Wiir). He cleared his throat and regained his more sinister composure once again. "Does this mean your willing to co-operate?", the mayor raised an eyebrow at this before responding, "I'm old and in deep, but I'm not daft. Nothing comes for free. So what's your angle?"

The man had actually managed to surmise part of his reasons well, as the price of safety is fealty. More specifically, if he saved this village it would become subject to the Stríðsfaðir's influence. Of course, he couldn't tell the man this as it was more likely he would refuse his assistance. He decided to answer him curtly, "The price of denning my aid is one you can't afford. Fail to receive my help, and whatever powers you are at the mercy of will do as they please to your village."

The mayor let out a frustrated sigh, "Very well. What do you need from me? Since you seemed so inclined to handle this without pay." Cauldwin responded as prompted, "Information. I need to know who you have paid off. Locations. Faces. Behaviors. Victims. Anything and everything that can allow me to eradicate them as quickly and systematically as possible."

********************************************************************​
She approached quietly deciding to talk to the seemingly calm man, she put a hand on his shoulder as she began to speak; "I do not wish to stir up any further public displays of emotion but I do wish to know what happened brother." She told him in a sweet tone, her motives were for her own personal gain however. She needed to be prepared.

The elf tuned and looked at Syvis with a slight jolt as her hand landed on his shoulder, he was about five-nine, a light tan on his arms and back of his neck. He wore a straw hat (possibly to conceal that he was bald), well worn brown boots, faded green tights, and an undyed cotton tunic. If one was so entuned, the way the straw hat covered the top of his ears and the rather pronounced jaw would suggest he was of mixed decent of human and elf. Though evidently, more so elf.

The 'elf' looked over Syvis, she had addressed him as brother but as is often the case with such villages it is an extensively tight-knit community. In other words: everyone knows everyone, and outsiders are treated with suspicion. He hesitated in explaining the situation to the strange half-elf that had arrived, especailly given her northerly appearance but relented as there wasn't point in hiding what was evident.
"Uh... well... we established this little village of ours a few winters ago. Since, we had more than a few bad folks take notice. We pay 'em protection and they leave us alone, but last night one of 'em came and we had noth'n to pay 'em. So they decided they'd 'take some of the woman as collat-' er somethin. Not all them people here were willing to let 'em take our daughters and wives..." he points to the impaled and mutilated bodies on the plank walls. "That's what happened to *sniff* those good folk. One of those groups'll be back... and when they are... well, we're fucked."

"So, whats happening? Got anyone I need to hunt? I have some bounty offers right in that village. So if you have anyone you'd like dead, I will be right in that mayor's building."

At this some of the elfs and men of the village looked in Warrencoe's direction. Unlike the more imposing Cauldwin, who was seen as a tangible and immediate threat they could not combat. Or the seemingly concerned samaritan Syvis, who would likely be treated with strong caution rather than inhospitality, they took his quick offer as a sign that this is likely an opportunistic scoundrel or worse potentially a spy. He would likely find the residents treating him with distrust and outright disdain until his motives could be properly understood.

"...and that's the situation.", the mayor finished explaining to Cauldwin. He had ultimately learned little he hadn't deduced and it was doubtless there was plenty of information that had been withheld deliberately. However, he was an outsider and a rather disturbing one at that, so the result was unsurprising. It seemed it was time again to enact judgement on the local organized brigands.

Syvis

warrencoe

• Cry
  • Nervous
Reactions: Syvis and warrencoe
Warren wasn't intimidated by their hard stares. He shuffled slowly toward the village and took a deep breathe. His eyes, on the other hand, were looking at the mutilated corpse that were littered on planks. Looks like I got a good group on my hands now. Whoever did this does not have any mercy. He thought. He shuffled a little closer to the town. Thoughts were racing through his head. He had never seen anything like it before. Sure he had saw the ordinary dead body with blood trickling down it but he never saw anything so savage... disgusting... or brutal...

Syvis made a grim face. "Brutes." she coughed out before masking her rage with a face of indifference. Her hand left his shoulder. "Thank you." She told him with a curt nod before facing the man that'd come from the shadows, the one she'd heard.

Her stare leveled to meet the one of those around her. "If you dare steal from these people; I will personally cut your hands off." She told him with a devilish grin that flashed her kanines. Took a thief to know a thief. Plus her body was itching for a fight, her eyes told the short blonde man such. She turned her back to him yet kept her ears strained.

Syvis' attention was directed back at the group and she gave a slight nod to the group of mourners before she followed the where the soldier had gone and found herself near a discussion. She knocked lightly.

Cauldwin turned to take his leave, the loud steps echoing across the room as he went to exit. He pushed open the door almost knocking down she-elf behind it who had knocked on the door herself. He ducked under the door frame to exit before looking down at the elf in front of him. He sniffed the air audibly. This wasn't a pure knife ear. It was one of the half bloods, she wore her hair in a northern fashion, being of various braids. She also possessed pale skin, golden-white blonde hair, and steely grey eyes. Strong but thin: a warrior who is light on her feet. and her clothing was more in line with a wanderer than a farmer or civilian.

Cauldwin would have found this woman quite enchanting had it not been for her pointed ears and skeletal structure denoting her as clearly elven. Which is not to say he disdained elves, just that he considered them non-human. He looked over her for a moment, noting the proper war bow she had on her back. He was considering if she would be useful in the endeavor of eradication. "Your not from this settlement are you?", he asked knowing full well the answer.

Syvis

warrencoe

The door slapped her but her natural instincts kicked in as she pounced back light on her feet, giving a little stumble before she was firmly rooted once again. The large man she'd seen in the square was the one who opened the door. Despite her being taller for a woman he towered over her as they both sized one and other up. It was likely she could take him should an altercation ensue but he was far too large and trained to make the job easy for her. It'd likely just be a fight for survival. Although the man only did have one arm, which could make the deed easier. She couldn't see much of his face, well not much, any, but he couldn't have been an old man to carry himself the way he did. His armour however had the insignia of the Allirian guard stamped into it on the left corner, to that she couldn't help but smirk. An Allirian puppet; seemed fitting.

"You're no fool." She told him forwardly, with no time to mess around. "Neither are you." Syvis noted towards the end as her head dipped in a nod of greeting as she made way to pass him. She felt the... disfavor of her people radiate off of him. She doubted he hated them, but he was not interested in them.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Xzaar Vixneel
Warren took a step forward and pulled out his knife. He quickened his pace and walked into the town. He was determined to find out what happened to the dead townsfolk, Just take it slowly... piece by piece... just like you always do, he told him self. Lets just go steal from a few houses first... Boy am I hungry.

Cauldwin held the door for the woman. He considered her a strange one. A little too nice to a stranger who just hit her with a door... if she was a problem down the line, it was a problem to deal with when he got to it. Right now he had other pressing issues to attend to. Such brazen bandits presence and actions that would not be tolerated.

He drew upon the information he had gleaned. They were confident, relatively competent, and possibly well armed. They were definitely at least armed. Otherwise they would not simply abduct a large amount of a villages women and leave its defenders impaled with spear and nail to back of its town hall. He would first need to track them down, which hopefully wouldn't be too difficult as large groups make large tracks. Beyond that he would likely need to engage them head on as his armor and the time of day were completely ill-suited to clandestine tactics. There was also the possibility they may used their hostages as leverage, something they would be unsuccessful at if tried as Cauldwin's heart and experience have long since been steeled for the situation. His primary directive was the eradication of the bandits and their boss(es), the hostages survival was more of a bonus.

After this he would have more of a rapport with the locals and could go about establishing a system of crime and punishment in the settlement, as well as ensuring the construction of the shrine and tribute is payed to the Stríðsfaðir. His plan of action set he went around the side of the building, a wrench was thrown into his plans as something caught his ear...

One of the villagers who had been patrolling the village spotted a disturbing dark robed humanoid creature with blue gleaming light where its face should be trying to break into one of the dwellings. Disconcerting on its own, it was made far worse when the keen eyes of the man spotted through the glare what was clearly a karambit knife. He quickly began shouting to the village, "THERE'S DANGER AT CABOTS!", which put the whole village in a state of high alert.

The remaining women and children were being herded towards the town hall, and some of the men posted themselves outside, while the others began to make their way to the fields. The men on guard were armed with shears, shovels, scythes, wooden hoes, and other such improvised weaponry. They were of course utterly terrified, moving slowly as they could only assume they would (if they were lucky) be Martyrs for the village against another looting. Thus when they would spot the figure their pace would increase as they would recognize it as the same scoundrel from earlier who had offered bounties and hits while the whole village was in mourning, bringing them from terrified to enraged...

The streaming horde of men, women, and children heading through and around Cauldwin stopped him from quickly rushing to the front. Determined as he was to deal with any lawbreaker or serious threat to the village he wasn't going to trample and crush pretty much unarmed men, women, children to get to it. He had to slowly and carefully begin wading through the sea of panicking civilians that passed through. Fortunately, it seemed it would only take them around twenty seconds to pass him. Unfortunately, this meant whatever threat they perceived would have that time to escape.

Syvis

warrencoe

He doesn't know what he'd call this. Turmoil? Chaos? He'll go with both, but nothing could have prepared for the events he'd endure as he entered this hectic village.

The reach of his job extends to several things. If he want's to efficiently protect the Falwood, he has to tend to the forest, protect it's people, keep endangered species out of the grasp of hunters and try his best not to aid in water pollution. He believes in balance, and while he was pruning a tree, he was informed that said balance was being swiftly upended. He had built a small reputation so messengers had began to seek him out when trouble arises. A village is the highest concern on his list, since the mishaps of people can easily throw Nature out of harmony.

It didn't take him long to arrive. He wasn't that far away to begin with, and the journey on horseback made it faster. While he was informed of the events prior to his arrival, a new incident was unfolding just barely before he could get his feet onto the soil. The myriad of emotions and frightful screams of a few villagers had rang out in discordance through both his mind and the area. It felt stilling, as if he could barely breath. He felt submerged and overwhelmed. This town felt like it was going to erupt, and if it did, who could foretell the implications. Despite the chaos that deluged the town, Xzaar had stride forward to make attempts at calming the situation. He was informed that others had already arrived on the scene, and the one that was mentioned first was towering man of metal, as it was described, who desired to quell the situation, and a half-elf who he didn't learn much about. Lastly, he was told of a mercenary, who didn't seem to be an issue... until now. The emotions displayed was essentially an empaths playground, teeming with emotions that he could use in this event. He sensed traces of disgust, likely from the villagers that witnessed their loved one's corpses. Misery and fury were abundant, which he skimmed from each of those emotions as he swiftly passed through the crowd; they could certainly use a little less of it, and as a result of him, taking some of it, the townsfolk should feel their misery, fury and disgust ebb away as the empath drew from them, storing them within himself. His first attempt at restoring balance.

Wading his way past the swarms of people, he had saw the townhall that they were rushing into, and decided that it'll be the best place to restore order, although he did it in such a way to capture the attention of those below. His objective was to calm them down, and he did this by drawing from Tranquility which made scaling the townhall quick and easy. Within seconds, he was on the roof, where he could see the events play out. He is aware that these people have been through more than enough, and a new face that climbed the townhall could make matters worse in seconds, so he will make his intentions clear after he gains their attention. As he gazed down, he had sensed something highly out of place here. He felt Avarice, and that aspect should not be present in the slightest in these circumstances. It's greed, and in that context, he can deduce that it's an opportunistic foe attempting to take advantage of the carnage for personal gain. Despicable, but it isn't his first run in with people of that nature. The tenuous strand of Avarice he felt came from... "Right there." He saw the hooded thief not far from where he is, and the townsfolk looked as if they were going to murder him. Hopefully the fury he had skimmed off from them earlier had convinced them not to murder the boy. He looked like a child. They were armed, and whether it worked or not, Xzaar drew into the mind of warrencoe, and unless he had any means of defense against the empath invading his mind, he would feel the Avarice in he held vanish. The elf was leeching it from him, and warrencoe wouldn't feel the need to steal without it.

Whether the boy defended against the intrusion or not, Xzaar still had to stop the advancing crowd on him, and he did this by tapping into his stored Avarice. He threw his hand up towards the villagers, and a neon green, transparent barrier of energy from the emotion had painted itself between them and the thief, separating them for the time being. It could be shattered, but for now it was protection. Directly after, he removed the hood he wore and addressed the armed men as best he could, shouting from atop the townhall.
"Excuse me. My name is Xzaar Vixneel, and some of you may or may not know who I am, but I am no threat. In fact, I am an ally of the forest and it's people, including all of you!" Hopefully an introduction could be of some use. He wanted to be as transparent as possible with them at the moment... he was debating telling them about his empathy magic. "Please, I understand that tensions are high, but we do not need anymore bloodshed on this day. I have been informed of the events here, and I only want to help." It was at that moment when the barrier dispersed, unable to main itself as he honestly doesn't have much Avarice left. "Order cannot be restored if you keep this up right now. I have heard of a giant attempting to seek retribution"--he gestured to Cauldwin, who had been encompassed by the crowds rush--"and you are unfortunately impeding said goal. It's for good reason, but I would suggest that you disperse so justice can take its course. As for the thief"--he glared at the boy below in disappointment, annoyance and slight anger--"He shall be dealt with." Nothing involving death though. He doesn't believe that something as petty as theft warrants the heavy price of death.

Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr

warrencoe

Last edited:
She was barely in the mayors office before panic ensued. „Damn.“ she started flinging off her cloak right there in the office and before long her bow was positioned in her hands; ready to shoot.

She crept through the people to make it outside and she‘d be damned, there was a man on the building. Syvis frowned. He was using magiks, and declaring his alliance with the people. Could he not see what they were all running from?

She threw her bow on her back and started scaling the building to make quickly to meet him on the roof and when she got there she pointed a slender finger at the figure, „your manly pride can wait.“ she snarled, there was bigger things to do. With that there was a flash of blonde as she scrambled down the building, putting her bow at the ready she started making her way towards the figure. She wouldn’t shoot until she knew what or who it was.

Warren smirked. Who does this guy think he is? He quickly slid into the shadows and drew a long breathe. A first one in a few minutes. Warren looked up at the brash, so called "manly" guy and then looked at the same Elven girl he had talked to just moments ago, pushing through the crowd. She seemed to be looking for something. This was his chance. He slinked down deeper in the shadows. By this time, Puck had woken up and poked his head out of Warren's pocket, blinking at the sudden brightness.

Warren ruffled Puck's fuzz and started to think. Should I surrender? Should I fight? I'm not known for fighting. But what else can I do? Damn! Why the fuck did I ever choose this village. Damn them all, I am fighting. This situation cant get worse. Could it?

Warren stepped out of the shadows and was immediately surrounded by 3 men with sharpened pitchforks . He easily blocked all the attacks and rammed into one of the pitchfork wielders chest. It was then that he realized that he was being lifted off the ground. He turned around and realized that one of the bigger pitchforkers, a new nickname he had given them, was lifting him up and holding him in a choke. Warren gasped and knocked his head back. The pitchforkers yelps and groans could be heard all throughout the town and the rest retreated.

"Listen! I don't want to harm anyone! Just leave me alone! If you want your filthy town to be safe, let me be. Otherwise, it's death and horror for you all. It's your decision, and I will only ask once."

Last edited:
mean while a kitsune the name of Yasuhiro was sleeping under a tree, when he woke up, he was felling anxious for no reason at all but he felt like something was wrong, no he knew something was wrong, he fallowd a sent with his nose finding a village usually he would not go in but is curiosity getting the better of Yasuhiro he went down the hill and started wondering around in the village "hello any one here" Yasuhiro said "if no one responds ill drink your booze" Yasuhiro said again.

As the horde of people rushed past him to the safety of the town hall at whatever perceived threat was in the village a sudden shout called his attention,

Excuse me. My name is Xzaar Vixneel, and some of you may or may not know who I am, but I am no threat. In fact, I am an ally of the forest and it's people, including all of you!" Hopefully an introduction could be of some use. He wanted to be as transparent as possible with them at the moment... he was debating telling them about his empathy magic. "Please, I understand that tensions are high, but we do not need anymore bloodshed on this day. I have been informed of the events here, and I only want to help." It was at that moment when the barrier dispersed, unable to main itself as he honestly doesn't have much Avarice left. "Order cannot be restored if you keep this up right now. I have heard of a giant attempting to seek retribution"--he gestured to Cauldwin, who had been encompassed by the crowds rush--"and you are unfortunately impeding said goal. It's for good reason, but I would suggest that you disperse so justice can take its course. As for the thief"--he glared at the boy below in disappointment, annoyance and slight anger--"He shall be dealt with." Nothing involving death though. He doesn't believe that something as petty as theft warrants the heavy price of death.

The crowd around Cauldwin started rushing past him swiftly and in a panic as soon as the barrier came up behind them. If he was such an experienced protector he should know it is a very bad idea to start using magic in a panicked situation involving masses, whether a barrier to protect them from wolves or a wildfire coming to scorch their bones, sheep run from flame. It was Obvious to Cauldwin that this was some form of nature magi (slang for mages in the Arreck Slums). In any case, he had a duty to see to, and thanks to this Xzaar Vixneel he was unable to simply push aside the remainder of the crowd of people in his way without inflicting serious injury and his main path to the so called 'thief' was blocked.

As he moved aside the remainder of people, he took a detour around a few tiny houses. He was well conditioned to the constraining nature of his armor and how it affected his ballance, this in compination with his larger size and strength allowed him to move faster than the average man. As he moved he considered the words of this stranger. He could simply be an opportunist or taking a simple action of benevolence, using the mask of some form of ranger to add to its effectiveness. That or he could really be some form of elven guardian, after all Alliria had its rangers, it would make sense for the Falwood to have a primary force made up of such.

However his statement of tales spreading about Cauldwin was troubling, he didn't know what exactly was being said about his lawbringing. Were they strictly tales of his cruel brutalization of brigands and other such miscreants? Valiant tales of his hunting of horrific beasts, cleansing of the rabid undead, and aid rendered to settlements? Perhaps a mixture of both. Or perhaps they simply knew him as Alliria did, as a butcher.

*********************************************************​

Though Warrencoe would liked to have '...slipped into shadows...' it was broad daylight in a medium sized village, with mostly short buildings after he had already been spotted due to this fact, so he simply ducked in-between two houses in an attempt to hide from the incoming defenders (it should be noted that these defenders do not have bows at they are untrained famers). The first of these defenders was a large and strong man wielding a pitchfork (about six feet tall and 260lbs), who would be the only one to pass the space between the homes he hid in. The second, a small thin man decent would spot him and call the others, and a third villager would pincer him from the other end of the alley.

The small man followed behind he larger one as they closed in on him with pitchforks raised. His expert use of Karabit allowed him to deflect both the large mans pitchfork and the the villager who had flanked him. As soon as he had turned to deflect the flankers improvised weapon, the large man dropped his fork, closed the distance and grappled him from behind with a bear hug, lifting him from the ground. He would headbutt the man breaking his nose and causing him to loose his grip. (OOC: at this point I have no idea how to interpret what he did, I don't know if he "yelps and screams" that were so horrific everyone retreated are from being beat down and other some such, but his character doesn't strike me as physically imposing. I have to assume he brutalized them with his knife.)

Perhaps he lashed out with the intent to kill, perhaps it was desperation, perhaps they would simply succumb to the inflicted injuries, but the horribly mutalated and bloodied mens' screams could be heard from the town hall. Further adding to the hysteria.

********************************************************​
Cauldwin, knowing full well he was hearing the death cries of three good men being butchered at the hands of lowly thief, entered a blood a rage. If one was close enough to hear him, their would be audible snapping and cracking sounds coming from beneath his shifting armor. The fit would become tighter as his musculature increased, and his height increased from his spinal column stretching from the sheer pull of fibers. If one could see him, and doubtless that Xzaar and perhaps Syvis could from their vantage point, would witness a black miasmic fog beginning to pour down him from the crevasses in his armor.

Listen! I don't want to harm anyone! Just leave me alone! If you want your filthy town to be safe, let me be. Otherwise, it's death and horror for you all. It's your decision, and I will only ask once."

Now to understand the level of rage the undead abomination that was Cauldwin was now currently in, you would have to understand that he hated one kind of criminal above all else: thieves. He believed them to be the lowest form of scum and the most wicked. Rats that took the livelihood from even the poorest, ruined lives, and left many to a slow painful death of atrophy. Now, one had not only attempted to steal from his newest charge (something that the rotting heads on his belt could tell you how unbelievably bad an idea that was), killed three of its members, and just to add insult to injury: threated death and horror on the rest of his charges less they allow him to get away with his crimes.

"I WILL REND YOU FROM EXSISTANCE!"

The demonic, bloodcurdling roar that could likely be heard deep in Falwood was followed by the sounds of wood and rubble splintering as Cauldwin charged through the wooden walls and cobble foundations of the four buildings in way, leaving ruined buildings in his wake. Suffice to say, if the young aspiring thief and mercenary that was Warrencoe wished to not be torn limb from limb and have his remains beaten into a fine red mist by the undead nordenfiir-turned-undead-Nordwiir: he should dodge.

Syvis

warrencoe

Xzaar Vixneel

Yasuhiro

• Yay
after Yasuhiro was not hearing anything, he went to go to a pub after all booze is apart of his life, in till he heard a yell sounding like I WILL REND YOU FROM EXSISTANCE! of course it all most made his ears bleed, but not caring he ran to were he heard the yell and seeing a man in plated armor, Yasuhiro said "what the hell is going on over hear".

Syvis was in the process of climbing down a building as she heard a bellow of furor and indignation, her eyes found the large soldier in the crowd as he became a puff of black fog? smoke? she couldn't describe it. All she knew was it was deeply perplexing and unsettling. Her skin felt sticky with dread, her stomach pitted as her eyes drunk in the scene unfolding beneath her. Suddenly she clued in; the little thief. That is who the smog made man wanted.

She scurried down fast, with far more purpose as the yelling continued. How was she to fight a man who did not seem to be man at all? Was she to fight? The little thief did annoy her.

As Syvis feet touched the ground her legs were already taking off to send her running to the situation between the giant man and the little thief, her muscles rippled as they prepared for a fight, she picked up a sad excuse of a sword off the ground but she'd make it work.

"STOP!!!" she bellered at nothing and everything at the same time. "HE COULD BE USEFUL!!!" she declared at the soldier. Thieves did have to look out for one and other, if anyone was to kill another thief it should be one of their own not some angry demonic man.

All the magik in the air was making her head fuzzy, she hated it. It wasn't hard to stop it, men who used magik rather then their own skill were cowards in her opinion. She put a shield on over her mind, no brain control for Syvis. She was her own person not to be influenced by some Elf who thinks he has the right. Gods above her people were annoying sometimes. It was funny when they took their arrogance out on humans, the little mealworms beneath them, not their own people, their own family. Elves were the superior race as they didn't implode on one and other, they were a calm and majestic people not the people that ran around like headless chickens.

She wondered if you could even consider the rural elves, elves, they were nothing but living off the credit of their race without the sophistication. They were so tanned they looked more like drow then a high elf. Gods above she couldn't imagine life not as Elven sophistication.

• Smug
Yasuhiro looked on and seeing a elf going in to fight, it made his blood boil, because elves, thought they where superior then all other races, but he believes everyone was equal in the sense of race, but people where not equal of power and technology he wished they were, but they weren't only in his dreams, but not to be out done said "hey there's no point in stopping the man, beside a thief should be punished, you dam elf"

so he ran into the smoke to stop the elf from saving the thief.

Warren easily stepped aside and jumped on Cauldwin, while turning into his giant Panda form. By now, a kitsune was busy sugar talking the elven girl. Who do these people think they are these days? First, a wanna-be leader, then a sugar baby kitsune, damn. Warren pounded Cauldwin's back as hard as he could and then jumped at the kitsune, biting into it's tail and throwing it off the roof, into the crowd of onlookers. "I told you, if you don't want this town burnt to ashes, you'd better surrender. I don't want to hurt anyone, but if you give me no choice, I will have all my friends destroy the village!"

Last edited:
  • Yay
Yasuhiro not to be out done by a thief, he turned into his true form being a giant fox with 9 tails, his body being the size of a tower, with teeth the size of boulder's and claws so sharp like a sword made out of steel, he said "what did you say you little shit" with anger boiling like a pot leaking out everywhere till there's none left at all

(OKAY!!!

I have taken the liberty of writing out a posting order based on who joined the thread when. From one to five your users will be listed. You post AFTER the person BEFORE you; not all willy nilly like. This keeps us organized and allow for other people in the thread to post before the plot is changed on them. We all have a life; meaning some of us need the thread to wait for them and that opportunity isn't being given the way the thread is organized right now. If our posting order is ruined without proper cause or reasoning, I will be very upset, that being said, here it is:

1. Cauldwin

2. Syvis

3. Warrencoe

4. Xzaar

5. Yasuhiro

If you have any issues with this posting order please let me know via a private message and we will look at fixing it. I am also posting it here so we can look at it for reference so there'll be no confusion. Thank you.)

Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr
warrencoe
Xzaar Vixneel
Yasuhiro

• Bless