LFG It's Basically Hogwarts

Noel

Iron Maiden
Character Biography
Link
...but with a lot more crying.

For centuries all children born with magic within Vel Anir were forced into the service of the Dreadlords. An organization that honed the magical talents of children until they were living weapons of war. Upon graduation from this academy they would pledge an oath to a noble house of their choosing and then serve the nobility until their dying days.

Until around one year ago when the revolution occurred.

Led by Dreadlords and the military of Vel Anir, the revolutionaries wrested control of the nation from the oligarchic houses that had held onto power for hundreds of years. Now, the dawning of a new republic begins… an era of change in which the Dreadlords have been incorporated into the military.

Your story begins here, at the Dreadlord Academy with your fellow students. In your early childhood (around 2-6 years of age) you displayed talents of magic. Either your parents were proud Anirians who gave you up willingly to the Dreadlords or they attempted to hide your magic and/or flee before you were caught by state authorities. You have spent your adolescence in the service of Vel Anir, training to become a killing machine by the instruction of ruthless Proctors. Now you have reached the age just before graduation (around 17/18) and the entire world has flipped upside down.

No longer do the houses that courted you in your early teens come calling. No longer do you have to make a decision as to where you’ll end up after graduation, you’re going to have to renounce your Dreadlord heritage or become a servant of the military. Some of the most abusive proctors are gone, some of the new proctors may be just as bad but perhaps they hide it better. There’s new courses related to humanity, empathy for non-magical humans, or any number of ludicrous nonsense you never would’ve heard until now.

How will your character deal with the changing of times? How will they deal with their fellow students? What sort of future do they carve out? The decision is yours to make.

FAQ
What is this?
A chance to roleplay in the new Vel Anir, a pro-human militaristic state that has recently seen a huge governmental upheaval. Transitioning from a corrupt oligarchy to a morally gray republic.

What are the requirements for making a character?
You can do almost whatever you want but at a minimum your character will need to be human, will need to have some sort of magical talent, will have trained since early childhood in murder, and they’ll most likely be seventeen or eighteen years of age. Feel free to ask questions in the Discord or this thread if you have an idea in mind!

What kinds of magic can my character have?
Anything. So long as they adhere to the five laws of magic.

OK, cool, what is Vel Anir? What’s a Dreedzlurd?
First off, it’s Dreadlord, they aren’t that edgy. Second, I’d recommend reading the Vel Anir Wiki and/or the Dreadlord Wiki.

But let’s assume you don’t want to. I’ll give you the best tl;dr that I can manage.

Basically, Vel Anir is a pro-human military power that borders the Falwood. They culturally fear magic and view non-humans as scum. Historically they have conscripted any child that showed magical talents into the Dreadlords and turned them into living weapons. Very recently (within the past year) a revolution occurred that overthrew the order of things and lessened some of the overt atrocities committed by the Dreadlords.

I’m still confused on what a Dreadlord profile looks like…
Feel free to look at this profile for an example of the new dreadkid I will be RPing as.

Alright, I’m sold, when do we start!?
As of this writing no one has really developed what the new Vel Anir and/or the Dreadlords really looks like. This will be an opportunity to do so. If you’re interested feel free to make a character, come up with an interesting magical ability, and then join us the week of November 29th for a whole lot of fun!

Last edited:
Interesting. Must the character be a dreadlord, or can they be an outsider too? (human)
And is there a specific age limit?
Noel

Interesting. Must the character be a dreadlord, or can they be an outsider too? (human)
And is there a specific age limit?
Noel

You’d definitely have to be human and very likely affiliated with Vel Anir. As most of the early threads will center around the academy if you were a non-dreadlord you could potentially be a Proctor (one of the teachers of the academy). These will mostly be former Dreadlords or members of the Anirian Guard (the military force).

As with anything on chronicles it’s definitely possible your characters unaffiliated with the academy could take part in some thread(s) and stories with dreadlords but many of these would probably be one-offs since most of the early stories will center around the academy. If you have ideas feel free to throw them out!

A thread for those who wish to hop in!