Completed In the depths of a mine...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
Anya didn’t understand why he felt sympathy for her, Anya certainly didn’t. But she also knew that Nosdyn was at his core a kindhearted man who hated causing unnecessary suffering. But this was not inflicting suffering on her, this was meant to make her easier to control, less of a threat. There wasn’t really any reason in her mind to feel bad about this, but she respected him enough not to say as much.

The Vampiress, who they had by that point learned was named Velera, still kneeling in the cage with her arms bound behind her, looked up at Nosdyn as he approached her with the collar. At first she worried about what it would do, but the haunt basically petting her like a cat calmed her down, she knew that he wouldn’t kill her, he had promised as much. She lifted her chin in acceptance, letting him lock it around her neck more easily.

The collar was closely fitted to her, and through the magic of the enchantment, shrunk ever so slightly to fit her neck perfectly. Velera was now fully contained, even after her bonds were removed. She was given one of the rooms, and made the assistant spymaster, she didn’t have any control over what’s came through, but’s she would relay the messages and inform Nosdyn on the current status of various, covert things.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
One night...

He found himself alone that night.

Walking towards a side chamber of the fortress they'd conquered it was a work of art.

He sat down at an empty table and sighed. Things had been quiet, but he knew that it wouldn't last very long. Nearby he felt a presence. "You can come speak to me." He told Velera. The collar looked good on her and she was a welcome addition to their fortress. He sat by himself a long moment looking at her. "I agreed to stay behind while everybody handled this or that tonight." Nosdyn said to her, he liked her company besides, it was nice to have someone to speak to.

• Love
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
Anya had gone to organize better armed patrols. And Ellsa was busy sorting through books of various kinds, and sorting them based on subject. So he was alone, allowed time to rest after his hard work keeping the rebellion intact. And he chose to go to Velera. Velera, now collared like a dog, did her best to hide away from people, which was actually pretty efficient considering her natural stealthiness.

But one whom she had never gotten the drop on aside from Anya was the blue orc himself. She found very little point in hiding from him. She emerged. “Do you have use for me?” Her voice was that of someone who has accepted a fate that they wanted to avoid, sad but acknowledging the inevitable.

• Yay
When she spoke at that point he nodded.

His single eye locked on the woman calmly there was no malice in his eye. "Sit with me." He said to her, it was his wish. The other soldiers working under Nosdyn were more than than a little uncomfortable at the woman's presence. But not Nosdyn...never Nosdyn. "I just don't like to be by myself these days and I don't really mind how you watch me. I like it." Nosdyn admitted truthfully. He was being honest with her. He knew her name was Velera. He didn't have much to keep himself occupied with.

When the fortress that they'd won from Velera had been won, there was very little need for many of his forces to be at the base. But something about the castle intrigued him. He liked the Vampire's culture and wanted to learn more about her. As he sat there he observed her the whole time, never removing his eye from her.

"Sit with me." He said to her, it was his wish. The other soldiers working under Nosdyn were more than than a little uncomfortable at the woman's presence. But not Nosdyn...never Nosdyn. "I just don't like to be by myself these days and I don't really mind how you watch me. I like it."

Velera didn’t know how to take this. He liked how she watched him? That was strange, no stranger than the odd way that the collar felt comfortable around her neck. She found it oddly comforting, but she complied with his request and sat next to him. “And what do you want me to do here? Just sit and stay? Like a damn dog?”

• Yay
"No. Against my personal counsel I kept you alive. I don't think of you as a slave...I was one. I know what slavery is like." He closed his eye for a moment thinking of the past that lead them all along the same trajectory of fate. Fate was not kind. "I think you can be saved. We had to take precaution because of what you are what you represent. But I don't think ill of you." He sighed. "This must be all very difficult. It was my intent to outright release you. But my wife...wouldn't allow that." He looked at the surface of the table for a moment as he reflected on the past for a moment.

"I am not that different from you." Nosdyn suddenly said. "I did not want the destiny that was thrown at me, but it all happened so quickly that I just adapted."

"I am not that different from you." Nosdyn suddenly said. "I did not want the destiny that was thrown at me, but it all happened so quickly that I just adapted."

“You and I are nothing alike. You are her superior are you not. She didn’t tell you not to release me advised against it. And you gave her the authority to control everything regarding me and what happens to me. You let her collar me like a dog, would a pair of manacles not suffice, or belt I can’t remove or something else. And regardless of whether you see me as a slave or not, that’s what I am now. So what did you come her for, master, to gloat, to lie or to give me orders?”

• Yay
He sighed...it was going nowhere. Maybe she was just messing with his head somehow. He looked away for a long moment. "You want to know something interesting? My wife, Anya, would have rather just gutted you. I spared you. For what this is worth I'm sorry if you want to seethe in self pity and anguish about the situation, be my guest." Nosdyn felt upset, but he felt they were making some progress...some progress was better than none.

"And for the record my wife wanted to kill you and still does. Think on this for a while I am the reason you yet live." He stood up at that point and sighed he was frustrated it was late, and he knew sleep would never come. He was preparing to take his leave they were all tired and under a lot of stress.

• Yay
"And for the record my wife wanted to kill you and still does. Think on this for a while I am the reason you yet live." He stood up at that point and sighed he was frustrated it was late, and he knew sleep would never come. He was preparing to take his leave they were all tired and under a lot of stress.

“I’m grateful you know, for you sparing my life. But I still wonder if I’d have rather been killed. Which would you prefer, slavery or death, if given the choice? I don’t, I can’t end it myself. You may own me now but all vampires have a master, a master they are incapable of disobeying, and my previous master ordered us to stay alive in order to serve him, and since you haven’t killed him, you may control me but I’m still thrall to his orders. So which would you choose?”

• Love
He turned to look at her.

"I had no choice in my own slavery." Nosdyn said calmly. "I spared you because I believe you can be saved." He learned an important piece of the puzzle there was a Vampire Lord somewhere she was connected to. Some other time maybe she would reveal the information they needed when she was ready. He hit the point home. "I was given no choice in regards to my slavery until I freed myself and my companions. To which I am offering you a choice. You say you cannot disobey your Vampire Lord, but I am telling you your life depends on this point. Earn your keep." He looked at her carefully. That tension was there, he liked it a lot he didn't know why at the time. He really didn't mind arguing with her, and his pretending to leave was a timed action on his behalf, he wanted her to react. To keep stating her case. To keep turning him on, he liked her being in that compromised position. Regardless if she would admit it to herself or not..they were far more alike than she realized.

“You’re dodging the question. I’m not asking about what happened, I’m asking which you would want over the other.” She said to him with a little bit of frustration. “So what is the answer?”

• Yay
"You didn't understand my answer. I wasn't given a choice." He tapped the table for a moment his large hand tapping the surface there. "You have the luxury of thinking you had a choice." Nosdyn shook his head a moment or two. "I was taken into slavery before I could really learn to defend myself. That is my answer take it or leave it. I never had a choice." He looked at her with a soft smile on his face, he was enjoying arguing with her. He enjoyed she got so worked up around him. He knew the why of it...but she yet did not.

She growled, he was doing this on purpose. “It explains much about you. I don’t know why I bother, since I’m not going to get an answer. What do you want from me, or are you done gloating?”

• Love
"How easily you get worked up and admit defeat." He smiled it was a soft expression. "I enjoy your reactions, it is not gloating. I just enjoy talking with you how worked up you get." He sighed a moment. "Without you realizing it you've given me what I want." He smiled again. There was never any malice or anger towards her, he wanted her to feel included. Though Velera might not completely understand the why, Nosdyn was a good man at heart. Though he had a mischievous side at points.

"I like your reactions, think on this for a good while. I am going to return to my room, you may watch me there if you want. Unless you want to squirm a little more arguing with me. I like it." Nosdyn licked his lip at that point.

Unless you want to squirm a little more arguing with me. I like it." Nosdyn licked his lip at that point.

She shuddered, he was a weird man. He liked watching her squirm? She didn’t know whether that was creepy, enticing or both. She, deep down, couldn’t deny that she, probably due to the nature of her vampire strain, believed in an alpha male, and Nosdyn was fitting this role perfectly with how easily he seemed to manipulate her. Strange. She huffed, “creep.”

• Love
Her reaction was an accomplishment.

They'd progressed a lot in a short period of time. He looked at her and nodded towards her. "You know I don't sleep I've already told you such. But I am going to be in my bedroom. No harm ever comes from trying you know." Nosdyn said to her and returned to his bedroom. He would wait until she impulsively arrived to watch him...he wondered how much of it was her Vampire nature or not. But he did not mind it, he simply enjoyed being watched in that way...he liked it.

• Yay
Again, he was a creep. She had been in there each night because that was where Anya kept an eye on her. Of course, now that Anya wasn’t there, she was under no obligation to do so. But she obliged him anyway and sat down in the chair at his desk and crossed her arms. “Happy?”

• Love
His mind registered somehow that she had arrived.

When she arrived, she'd see him in the deep meditation of his people. Since he could not sleep, he found other ways to reinvigorate his strength and appetite. The question lingered in the air between them for a moment but he sat in silence in deep meditation. His eye was closed as many thoughts passed though his mind, peace tranquility, love. Nosdyn felt complete in his life for the first time now that he had a purpose.

He meditated without clothing, his broad chest rising up and down with each controlled breath.

He desired simple things in his life being a kind man. His aura, flared around his body for a moment an electro magnetic field that would manifest from time to time in times of deep concentration. He never consciously knew this was occurring. He had a blue hued aura, his life energy cascading around his bare flesh.

His powerful and well toned muscles were tight and strained at that point from the deep concentration. A few moments later, after she'd asked her question he opened his eye. "Completely my dear."

• Yay
She huffed annoyed. “Of course you are. The only way you could ask for more if you asked me to join you.”

She regretted the words the minute they left her mouth. She knew that he’d ask her to do just that. She let on to this by sighing in annoyance.

• Love
He eyed her for a long moment...he knew how she did things, how she operated.

There was a thrill of the hunt between them. He kept his smile on his face. "I could just make you work for it you know." He said with a small chuckle. He liked her, he really had that whole time. He knew the situation was far from ideal but he knew he would need loyal soldiers not slaves.

He knew from personal experience that slaves bit their master's hands.

He looked at her the whole time, the tension was there. "I want you to choose." He said to her calmly. "If you desire me as well as I believe you do, you must choose this for yourself." He waited for her response at that point, licking his lips with desire and hunger. He knew she liked her alpha males, and he was definitely one. But he wanted her to admit her desire for him was equal as his was.

"I could just make you work for it you know." He said with a small chuckle.

Not what she expected. But that was the way he operated, always catching her off guard. She groaned in frustration.

"I want you to choose." He said to her calmly. "If you desire me as well as I believe you do, you must choose this for yourself."

“What was it you said before? You didn’t have a choice? I don’t either, this is your decision. You know that thanks to this I can’t defy you or disobey, so make the decision yourself, I can’t fight.”

• Love
That soft expression was on his face...

He was learning more and more about her. "But you say you can't disobey if your Vampire Lord should come and force you to do something?" He smiled at that point. "I am trying to prove to you that you have free will to some degree in this. I don't take. I ask. That's the difference between me and your Vampire Lord. Like it or not I will give you some control in our relationship. You may dance around it all you like, but I like making you argue."

"It makes me excited when you argue. Think on that a moment." He said to her smiling still. "Your people have a desire to hunt, you've told me so. I am giving you your chance to enact your desire. I am completely here for you. Hunt me." He said so suddenly and completely to her.

That wasn’t quite as enticingly as it could have been. “It seems like you’re the one hunting me. You say that you want me to choose it, fine, if you want me I’m yours. Still, you need to make that decision, not me.”

She clearly wasn’t interested in going after him, despite how enticing he was, she wanted him to hunt her, not the other way around. So she sat there, waiting for him to get up and drag her to wherever he wanted her to be, like a proper alpha.

At that point he did something not predictable.

He grabbed a proper sized whip that him and Anya often used...for purposes.

He wrapped the whip around her wrist skillfully, precise use over time. He pulled her towards him. "I am hunting you you are correct on that." He said licking his lips once more. He pulled her close with the whip and pulled her to the bed with a deep kiss that would last until the next morning.

He wrapped the whip around her wrist skillfully, precise use over time. He pulled her towards him. "I am hunting you you are correct on that." He said licking his lips once more. He pulled her close with the whip and pulled her to the bed with a deep kiss that would last until the next morning.

A whip, in a bedroom. Well, She was in for quite the night wasn’t she. The whip caught her arm, and pulled her in, and quickly had her arms tied behind her. Quite the night indeed.

The following morning she woke up, wrapped in blue arms, her own still immobilized. She looked behind her, at her sleepless companion. “Do you really not sleep, ever?”