Completed In the depths of a mine...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
"Tell me we can win." Nosdyn asked of her. He would fight until the very end, if he had even one iota of hope and possibility of victory. The enemy was already entering the chamber, they looked different from the slave drivers from before. "These are mercenaries...they aren't the same group we fought yesterday."

"Depends on what you mean by win. If by survive and kill them all off, not likely. But if you mean kill them all and die in the process, possibly." She donned her helmet. "Lets find out. I haven't had any fun today, its about time I did something to cheer up."

Of course, a fully armored knight wasn't going to be easy to kill on account of the solid steel plates that covered the majority of her body. And her estoc gave her quite a bit of range, so she wasn't going to be easy to kill. Which meant she was swift to attack with glee, attacking viciously and mercilessly against the slightly skilled sellswords. Blood flowed from stab wounds, and mercenaries fell to the groud, dead or dying. She intended to draw the attention of the mercenaries by making herself a priority target, giving Nosdyn a chance to fight his way out and get the soldiers reorganized. And she was having a blast.

As they spoke, Nosdyn was feeling the battle tension settle in.

He nodded towards Anya, and he meant to keep his word towards Ellsa. That comraderie is what would have seen them through the day's fighting. More would come...waves of them. It was wishful thinking on Nosdyn's behalf that the fighting was over. But they had at least earned a break from it the night before. Nosdyn looked at Anya they were ready. "These have marks from outside...it's an outside group." Nosdyn was explaining to Anya and the gathered. "I don't know what relationship they have to the ones we fought." Nosdyn didn't recognize the marks on the uniforms of the mercenaries...only that they were hired blades.

Nosdyn readied his fists, cracking his knuckles. He fought with his pure martial tactics. Eveyrone else who could fight was armed. The blood burned through his body, he felt a rage pumping from his heart and soul. He was ready...they were ready. His chest rose up and down with excitement of the battle to come, a warrior was meant for the battle field. It would be no different for Nosdyn. Surrounded by his allies, he prepared to fight until he could no longer fight. In that precise moment it began.

The two groups started to clash.

Nosdyn was snapping the necks of the mercenaries knowing full well they all had to die. The time for negotiation was long since past. His eyes narrowed as he made sure they regretted their decisions to come fight in the mines...their mines. Nosdyn had snapped five necksby the end of the first hour, he was counting how many he killed himself. His eye was narrowed, but always he kept his position relatively close to Anya and Ellsa. On that all depended....he did not want a repeat of the previous day's fighting.

His eye was scanning the battlefield for the man who would be their leader and he found the stranger several yards ahead casting foul magics into the crowd. Nosdyn looked at Anya at that point and pointed towards the leader of the enemy mercenaries, he knew she would get the meaning. He cleared a path for Ellsa and several other miners to make their ways to the spell caster...

Anya was happy to be killing more enemies, she absolutely loved it. When she was directed towards the leader, she was even more ecstatic for blood. So she, being the laughing maniac that she was, went blood drunk and killed everyone in her way. Her armor deflected all attacks, so she was effectively invincible, which made her very dangerous. And her killing spree was uninterrupted. Soon, the leader was dead, and she was the focus of most of the mercenaries.

“Get going lovebirds I got this!”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Nosdyn watched her blood thirst and nodded.

He wondered if she was half orc herself. He watched her quickly maul the spell caster. Nosdyn recalled from the older miners, that there was a price for casting magic so freely. Perhaps her making short work of that spell caster was the price. Nosdyn killed a couple of the stragglers himself, always keeping Ellsa covered. He nodded once more towards Anya, her skill level was not to be questioned.

It was a pity that Nosdyn could not train with her people's instructors...perhaps in another life.

Ellsa and the other miners made short work of the mercenaries, their victory had to be absolute.

At that point something else happened. Once the spell caster fell, a glowing swirl of energy manifested ahead in the chamber as a mysterious benefactor of the mercenaries arrived. The swirling magical energy was read, some sort of a blood magic Nosdyn assumed to himself. Once again hinting at his own intellectual capacity. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes.

"This ends now." The mysterious interloper said angrily. His magics was burning people alive, and he was attacking friend and foe alike. "This uprising will stop right here Nosdyn." Their leader stared at Nosdyn with hatred in his eyes. "I knew allowing you into the fold of slaves would be a mistake, I warned them."

Nosdyn looked at the man, he was not familiar. But was likely someone really high up in the chain of command. "If you want to end this, come and end it yourself." Nosdyn yelled back to the man. He noticed that Anya had all but butchered the interloper's blades. Nosdyn moved towards the mans position, his fists clenching and unclenching the entire time. His eye narrowed seriously, he knew he had to make an example of this man. They must be killed to the man. Nosdyn thought to himself. He recalled what Anya said about their chances of winning.

He lunged towards the final piece of the possible. Something didn't sit well with Nosdyn, but he knew it had to be done...he attacked. Time seemed to stand still as the man stared right at Nosdyn with red glowing eyes. Red glowing eyes...I've seen that someplace before.

Once she was done with their mercenaries, she came up behind Nosdyn, drenched in blood and tired, trying to catch her breath as Nosdyn finished up with the last man, whose eye glowed red, making her own eyes grow wide with surprise then narrow with hate. A Vampire, no question. If Nosdyn weren’t in the way she’d have run the man through with more ferocity than she had yet shown. But he was in the way and she wasn’t going to hurt him, so she had to wait.

“Be careful. I don’t think he’s entirely on the mortal side.” She said cautiously.

• Yay
Nosdyn carefully eyed his enemy.

The man had glowing red eyes, and wielded an interesting skill set he'd not seen yet. He wasn't sure what to do but he did not want to let anybody down. He'd been thrust into a leadership role and he needed to make sure they lived through the rest of the fighting and whatever would happen after.

"Nosdyn...I know your name...my master...knows your name." The sinister man said.

Nosdyn merely stared at the individual, he hesitated he felt as though there was something he was supposed to do, something he was supposed to learn. "And to whom do I owe the not so great meeting?"

"We've met before. You and I. Only you were too young to likely remember any of it." The Vampire said calmly, Anya's instincts were spot on. "I was the one who purchased you and your bastard kind into the fold myself." The Vampire said calmly. There was no malice in the voice, only a simple way of telling the truth.

Nosdyn looked up to the Vampire and responded very carefully. "Do you want a prize for what you did to my life? Listen, me and the rest of the miners here ain't never had a choice." He was feeling his blood rage filling his heart once more. But The Blue Orc hesitated. There was something that he knew he was meant to see, something he knew he had to hear.

"I feel sorry for you, Vampire. You think because of your curse that you have already won and you think you will torture us further." At that point, Nosdyn suddenly reached forward and grabbed the Vampire with both arms physically. He forced the Vampire to face Anya at that point. "You will fall, Nosferatu. For what you are, you chose the wrong night to face us." He held the Vampire in place for Anya to kill off. He recalled learning they were supposed to burn into ash or something when killed.

"I feel sorry for you, Vampire. You think because of your curse that you have already won and you think you will torture us further." At that point, Nosdyn suddenly reached forward and grabbed the Vampire with both arms physically. He forced the Vampire to face Anya at that point. "You will fall, Nosferatu. For what you are, you chose the wrong night to face us." He held the Vampire in place for Anya to kill off. He recalled learning they were supposed to burn into ash or something when killed.

How a Vampire died varied depending on the strain. Some did burst into flames, others desintegrated, most left corpses like most mortal beings. All left skeletons. Anya was more than happy to go in for the kill, the look of overwhelming, all-encompassing hatred of all vampires made her eyes practically glow. Gone was the laughing maniac that loved battle, there was nothing more than a stone cold face of a woman ruled by hatred. She would kill this monster, and she would do it without mercy. Her estoc flashed forth, its tip begging to be buried in the creatures chest. But she wasn't unaware of Nosdyn, and she wouldn't do him any intentional harm.

Her fury, her cold fury was what drove her then. Her laughing, that had been the main source of the enemy's demoralization up until then, was gone, which was just as unsettling. She was fast, faster than before, and deliberate. "Time to die monster."

• Yay
Anya's attacks barely registered. He held that monster in his arms, making sure there would be no escape for it. He could not help himself, his past died with the vampire. Any hope he had at answers for his past, who he was died...but that did not matter. Only destroying the creature before him did. Sure enough, with a final yell of extreme agony, the vampire died. A true death that time...his body slowly faded into burning ash leaving the intense smell of sulphuric acid behind. Nosdyn held the Vampire in his arms the entire time, he didn't even close his eyes when the thing burned up into ash. The cloud of ash and fire burnt away swiftly into the aether, a fitting end for the monster.

Nosdyn looked at Anya and nodded towards her.

"We all make a hell of a team." Nosdyn felt strong arms wrapping themselves around him. It was Ellsa. He looked down and nodded to her as well. "I'm okay, shaken, but otherwise okay." Nosdyn said to the gathered.

He looked at Anya at that point. "That was a Vampire was it not?" Nosdyn had to know, he had to have it confirmed from her. From what he knew of her, her people were Vampire slayers...they could be trusted to fight by your side. He rubbed his large hand through Ellsa's hair. "It's okay..." He kept saying to her. He was surprised to see her crying for his well being. "I hope we can at least catch a break tonight." He said to Anya. "Maybe just maybe that will be the last of them, if they send more...we will be ready." Nosdyn promised her. "Now...let's all rest for the night and treat the injured." He looked at a nearby miner. "Gather whatever valuables you can off the fallen." Nosdyn said to the gathered. "I got a pounding headache and I think maybe...just maybe I can sleep tonight for the first time." He said to them.

"Do you think there will be any more coming after this?" He asked of Anya. "if we have to continue to prepare we may need a fall back strategy if more are coming."

• Yay
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
"That was a Vampire was it not?"

Anya crouched and picked up the skull of the former vampire, it's long fangs were the telltale sign that he was indeed the diseased monster. "No doubt. Not the strain that my people face, but a vampire most definitely."

"Do you think there will be any more coming after this?" He asked of Anya. "if we have to continue to prepare we may need a fall back strategy if more are coming."

"We're up against a criminal empire, we're definitely going to have another run in with them. We do need to be ready. If you and everyone else are prepared for war, then war is whats coming, if not, well war is still coming. Any valuables here should be sold and we should buy some better gear for everyone, that way we will be better prepared overall. It's time for us to get serious. We need to get ready for other unspeakable monsters being sent our way. Let's go, get some rest, and keep a watch rotating every two hours, we can't be too careful.

• Yay
One month later...

In a short time Nosdyn had grown fighting along side Anya and the rest of his miner compatriots.

There was a lot of challenges that they faced, but through some miracle they progressed as a group, as a unit. They learned the inner workings of the slave driver's cohorts and the various mercenaries that were sent their way. Nosdyn accepted the fact that the fighting would never be over. As he sat there one night, on the eve of a month later, he looked at Ellsa carefully. She'd never left his side the entire time. He awoke her at that point. "I want to thank you." He thought to say, he was a good man, and good men wanted simple things in life.

She blinked a couple of time as she awoke and looked at Nosdyn with a soft smile on her face. "Thank me for what?" She asked sleepily.

Nosdyn nodded at that point. "Without you and Anya by my side I don't know where things would have gone. We would not have made it as far as we have. Maybe the fighting will never end, who knows. But fighting by your side...I feel like I can win. Like we can win." Nosdyn said calmly.

She placed her hand on the side of his well chiseled face. "We have already won. No matter what happens going forward, they know we can hurt them."

He thought carefully about what Ellsa was saying. Nosdyn and Anya had given them all hope. A group of people who had never had a reason to fight...finally stood up for themselves. The words of the vampire still haunted Nosdyn and troubled him deeply. ...Nosdyn I know your name. My master knows your name... Those words would haunt Nosdyn for the rest of his days. He knew that would be the case.

"Don't let what it said trouble you." Ellsa guessed Nosdyn was thinking of that Vampire they fought.

But something never sat well with Nosdyn since that night. "Something did not feel right."

"Ask Anya of this when you can, she is the expert on them." Ellsa said with a smile.

"Yeah...I will. For now though we rest and relax until the next battle occurs." Nosdyn said calmly. He felt different, his capacity for brawling had grown considerably since their hidden war started.

Ellsa nodded. "I can fight as long as you're by my side." She said very plainly.

Anya watched the frankly adorable couple as they spoke, she always watched them. She had been organizing the forces of the former slaves, and setting up scouting missions, looking for a suitable place to build a fortress for them to hide in, a place that is secluded, easily defended, self-sufficient and not easy to find by accident. The scouts had been working for a solid month, and then they found a small indent in the mountains, plenty of wood and iron ore for weapons, tools and nails. they had the pickaxes hammers and chisels to see to it that the iron ore was put to good use and could be gathered to begin with. She had recently commisioned a blacksmith to make several axes, for cutting the wood. They would move out of the city soon, and build their own little castle to act as a base.

That's not all, she had also organized an elite unit of Inquisitors, people who specialized in getting information out of people, in a variety of ways, it usually involved an intimidating flaying or two, the occasional dismemberment and disemboweling, but they definitely got the job done. They had located eight different mines and lumber camps belonging to the same people who once owned them, and they were ripe for liberating. Which is to say Anya was itching to systematically slaughter everyone who didn't use the axes and saws provided and make sure that their bodies were hung by their intestines outside the camp's remains. She had yet to prepose her plan to Nosdyn, but she was still working out the kinks and the details so it would wait.

• Yay
Nosdyn knew, from the moment he faced the Vampire...there were monsters in their world.

He was torn inside from that meeting and he didn't know why. It was not so much the words that the Vampire spoke to Nosdyn...it was the fact that it existed. A travesty and amalgam on life itself. Almost a parody to the natural order of things. Anya had a good head on her, and strong sense of character and leadership. They'd discovered how to make the fortress within their new location. It was up in running in such a short time, everybody did their behalf. But always, none push themselves harder than Nosdyn did.

He had something to prove. They'd won a major battle against The Empire...

But there would be many more. They were a rag tag army. As he stood there he etched on a large sheet of parchment what he knew of the surrounding area. Though he was a miner, he still had developed intrinsic knowledge of the cavernous network and the mountain range around it. But he knew that Anya was not incorrect in her careful planning...they would have to all leave someday. They were not safe there.

"Where does a group of former slaves go?" Nosdyn wondered out loud. He had to know, he knew Anya was near, and they'd been busy drawing up plans and schematics. They would have to escape at some point, and the sooner the better.

Ellsa was near, she always was. She had developed a talent for scribing and was teaching many of the miners to read and write. Even to speak in some cases. Education would be critical for their war they would need thinking soldiers able to plan adequately. But always, Nosdyn thought of the Vampire's words. It was not what was spoken...it was that they knew his name. The enemy knew who he was.

Or...they thought they did.

Nosdyn shook his head. "He's wrong." He suddenly said out loud, slamming his fist on a nearby table.

"Who's wrong sir?" Anya asked as she came up to him. She had recieved the reports from her scouts and had set up a small outpost where the fortress would soon be. It was time to go and build it. The miners were ready for the work, and they wouldn't be forced into it either. Besides, Anya worked as hard as everyone else did, despite her typically smaller frame and structure, she was able to accomplish just as much work as each individual miner, all of which were now healthily fed and better trained soldiers considering Anya had been drilling and training them until they dropped every day of the week, which turned them from a ragtag army into a well oiled war machine, albeit a small one.

"Sir, the scouts have the outpost, up and the region secure, we're ready to begin construction, I reckon that it will be done within the month, if all things go according to plan. We'll be able to move out and into the fort before it's finished, I'd say a week or two before we can do that."

She had watched how Ellsa had taught the miners reading and writing, good, then they could read letters and messegas sent with orders, which meant a more effective army, which meant more freed slaves, which in turn lead to bigger armies. So at the moment they were struggling, but they were definitely doing well.

Nosdyn's one eye blinked for a moment when she asked the question.

He sighed, but knew he could not keep things from her, especially not her or Ellsa.

"How can I deal with what the Vampire said to me? Things it said bothered me, they haunt me to this day." Nosdyn explained to her. "It knew my name...which leads me to believe someday more may come. They might also know my name." Which meant Nosdyn could potentially become a liability. "Once our fort is constructed me, and Ellsa and whoever else needs to leave this location and go...elsewhere will probably have to leave. I think that with the knowledge the Vampire spoke, it stands to reason more will come someday." Nosdyn was trying to voice his concerns. "If more come, they might also know who I am...which means that I've become a hindrance." Nosdyn hated it, he didn't want to leave when they all needed him the most...but it was the safest approach especially if a group of Vampire KNEW HIS NAME.

"He said things that he knew about me, or thought he knew. How do I deal with this...what do you suggest I do Anya? I have always respected your word, in this operation. What you suggest here I will abide by but I do not think I am helping matters anymore. Unless we all become skilled Vampire slayers like you are." Nosdyn said he said that and allowed himself a small smile.

The entire time, Ellsa watched...she knew what troubled her lover. In many ways, Nosdyn was right...but it would also be a very difficult decision they would all have to make.

"He said things that he knew about me, or thought he knew. How do I deal with this...what do you suggest I do Anya? I have always respected your word, in this operation. What you suggest here I will abide by but I do not think I am helping matters anymore. Unless we all become skilled Vampire slayers like you are." Nosdyn said he said that and allowed himself a small smile.

Anya sighed, "that's what worries you, that they know your name? That is not in any way a true threat, nor something that would cause you to be a hindrance, besides, even if it were a threat, and he did in fact know, he's dead now, I still carry his head with me. And if they know, I don't see why it should bother you, it isn't a threat."

"You say that you and the others will move over to the fort. A good idea, so will the rest, I will see to it that everyone gets there. I hope that you can get everything organized without me." The last statement was a joke.

(Hey, I'll be gone for at least four days, maybe more, a scout camp.)

• Yay
Her words, were honest and spoken true.

He listened carefully to what she had to say...there was more to it than the enemy knowing his name. They knew things about him and he didn't want to become a hindrance. But Anya spoke with a certain wisdom, he nodded after what she said. "I have just been stressed. I think we all have been. It's good that we are planning ahead to create an escape route or at least an exodus route." Nosdyn said calmly.

"I feel better now that we have spoken about this." Nosdyn said calmly. "I didn't mean to worry, I just been a on edge more so than normal." Nosdyn wiped some sweat off his brow, he was growing more used to being social of a Blue Orc. Anya and Ellsa had become very positive influences on him.

"After today what is our next step once the fort is completed?" Nosdyn asked of her.

• Yay
"After today what is our next step once the fort is completed?" Nosdyn asked of her.

“Once complete the fort shall be our home. It is more easily defended and we will be able to detect hostiles more easily. It’s also a more effective training facility, so we can have better trained defenders.” She explains. “So we will be in a far better position to hit back.”

She was fine with Nosdyn freaking out, a lot of people who have been in tough situations worried about things that they perceived to be threats or unsettling. She had a few unfounded fears herself.

“It shouldn’t be too long before we move out. And I found your stressed, find a way to relax.” She said this while glancing slyly in Ellsa’s direction, with the slightest hint of envy.

• Yay
Home...

The idea dawned on Nosdyn for the first time since they started to build their fort. This is going to be home now...not some dingy mine. Cold or hot, cowering from the Master's whips and lashes and other utensils of torture...Home... It had a nice ring to it. For the first time since their ordeal began, Nosdyn allowed himself another small sense of comfort. There was a plan in place and guidance, they'd defeated a dangerous foe by working together. He nodded towards Anya. "Yeah we are going to take a little time to rest." He looked at Ellsa, bowing gently towards her...there was something there. In the middle of the constant fighting and the war that had developed around the freed slaves...

There were genuine feelings for each other someplace there.

He walked towards Ellsa. "My lady, if I may have your hand?" Nosdyn asked Ellsa.

She blinked looking up at him with a slight blush of the cheeks. She nodded back and took the larger Orc's hand. They walked off together towards a room to retire for the night.

He laid with her in the same bed, skyclad as he often laid in bed.

It was difficult because sleep never came for him...he was forever denied sleep, such a simple comfort. He wrapped a strong arm around his companion, Ellsa and pulled her warm body close. There was something there, something pure and genuine and true. He held her in his strong embrace.

"Still can't sleep?" She asked him.

"Nay." He responded. "But it's all right I am used to it...it's not as huge a burden as people think it is."

"This is home." Ellsa said quietly and looked up at him. "You have given us a home."

"No...we did this all together." He kissed the top of her head. "Defending what is now ours shouldn't be too much of a problem at this point unless they empty their military chambers for us all...which I doubt would happen. But I suspect Lady Anya knows more of this than we do." Nosdyn explained.

"Perhaps...I am just glad we have found each other." Ellsa asked of him.

"It's all right, I am also glad." Nosdyn confirmed and together they lay in the large bed earning their well deserved rest.

For Anya’s part, she was glad that her envy was unnoticed, she couldn’t let this get in the way of her objectives. She continued to organize the small warband and get it ready for war, and get it into the fort as the garrison. Over the course of the next month, the fort was garrisoned and turned into a industrial powerhouse and a small but extremely tough fortress.

She was of course, always keeping scouts in the hills and forests, and even attacked a few slave convoys, making their numbers grow. But she was noticeably grumpier and grumpier as things went on. This wasn’t obvious at first, but it became steadily clearer.

• Yay
A month passed...

Hard work, physical labor, that's what Nosdyn was used to.

He preferred it that way, to be kept busy. They had their fort up and running at a steady click. Ashe stood there for a long moment, he considered the thought that had occurred to him that night...home...this is home now... he thought to himself with a soft smile on his face.

They'd lost a lot, and had been thrust into an unwanted war.

That part of it, Nosdyn was not blind to. He understood what the ongoing situation was. They could be attacked at any moment...they always had to be on guard. Freedom is not free...

He looked at Anya that moment. "You've given us a reason to earn our freedom. A reason to fight back." Nosdyn said calmly to her.

"I want to let you know I am glad that you we have met and you were able to help guide us when we needed a light in the shadows."

Nosdyn looked at Ellsa who always stood nearby.

He looked back to Anya. "The fort is fully up and running, what will you do now?" Nosdyn asked of her.

The fort is fully up and running, what will you do now?"

“What will I do now?” She says. “Why, I’ll stay and fight with you. I was kicked out of one war, I’m seeing this one through, or I’ll die in it, whichever comes first.”

Anya stood on the battlements of the fort, looking out on the forests with a grim expression. She was bothered by something, but was trying, and failing to hide it. She was however good at looking like she was pondering something as opposed to being upset. She glanced in his direction. “What about you? Do you plan to just grow a settlement and defend it as necessary? Or maybe bring the fight to them? End their work.

• Yay
Nosdyn listened to her words...the respect and admiration he held for her could not be over stated.

Her question would not have been an easy one for most men to answer. Nosdyn was not most men. "This is home." Nosdyn said, confirming the situation. "I will defend our home against all who would threaten us."

Nosdyn would have preferred a much simpler life than the one thrust on him and his companions...

Fate, life was not kind at points.

Nosdyn and his people, and Anya, had already suffered so much....and Nosdyn suspected there would be more battles to come.

He was an unlikely Hero thrown into that crazy situation.

He didn't mind helping out Anya reclaim her destiny as well...she was as much a part of this.

He placed his hand on her shoulder to comfort her for a moment. "It is okay to speak whenever you wish to you know." Nosdyn didn't want to make her feel any kind of discomfort. Only a feeling of equal footing, and co leadership. "We are all partners and companions here." Nosdyn felt there was more that he should say, but he still had a discomfort when he needed to speak.

"But I value your thoughts anyway." Nosdyn nodded at that point. "We've all come a long way here."

"But I value your thoughts anyway." Nosdyn nodded at that point. "We've all come a long way here."

“I appreciate it Nosdyn. I really appreciate it. I should be returning to duty, if you’ll excuse me.” She says before semi politely and hastily leaving to go and see to the organization of the garrison task cycle, and the standardized emergency drills.

(Sorry, not much else I can think to add at the moment.”

• Yay
(it's okay buddy just glad you're okay you know?)

The fort was active and running at full capacity.

Overhead, a single crow that was trained by one of the miners made it's unique cawing sound to single to the forward scouts that he was returning from his scouting rounds. The crow flew down to the forearm of one of the more skilled scouts in their group. A former miner, each member of their army had developed their own unique skill set.

"What does he say?" Nosdyn asked of his friend, Gremeth.

Gremeth nodded towards Nosdyn. "Things have been quite from The Empire's ranks for a time now. But we can never rest on our laurels." Gremeth said calmly. "My friend here is smart, he always has a good eye for danger that looms ahead. He's a good member of his pack." Gremeth petted the crow's head. "How have you and Lady Ellsa nad Anya been faring?"

Nosdyn nodded. "It has been a long battle to get here. We have all lost much, but we have also gained much my brother." The Blue Orc said calmly. Nosdyn saluted.

Gremeth looked at Nosdyn carefully, it was always difficult to read The Blue Orc's intentions and emotion but he always spoke the truth when he spoke. "Do you miss true sight?" Gremeth asked his friend.

"My eye you mean?" Nosdyn asked without hesitation. "No." Nosdyn frowned for a moment and looked at Gremeth with a serious expression on his face. "I was ready to give my life up for all of us, to stop the beatings and torture. They saw fit to deny my request...my life was not good enough for you all." Nosdyn shook his head.

"You've been a great leader for us Nosdyn." Gremeth said calmly. "The lady, Ellsa has taught many of us to read and write, and Anya has organized us and taught us many different things about the field and the enemy we face."

Nosdyn's expression was unchanging at that point. "We have a lot of work ahead as always, but ours is a life of turmoil and entropy." He looked off to the mountain range for a long moment. They were far from it, safe from it's dangers. But always, a part of him longed for a simpler life.

"You miss it don't you?" Gremeth asked. "The old life, I mean."

"Sometimes." Nosdyn said calmly. "But never forget what we have here...home." Nosdyn expalined.

Nosdyn walked over towards Lady Anya's personal chamber. "The scouts report so far things are calm in the front lines." Nosdyn said grimly. "I make sure to check in with them as often as possible. But I have a feeling a storm is coming." Nosdyn said carefully to Anya. They had an interesting friendship, one that was forged on the battlefield. Nosdyn would always respect her word, and her actions. Her leadership style he'd learned a lot from and mimicked her style often.

He stood there for a long moment. "What are your thoughts today? The fort is running at capacity."

• Yay
He stood there for a long moment. "What are your thoughts today? The fort is running at capacity."

“My thoughts are that your right. This isn’t just the calm before the storm. I’m doubling the scout unit size Andy the range at which they go, we’ll see more, sooner. I’ll go out and set up an outpost some ways out of the fort, so that they can report back more quickly. I have a feeling that they will be sending proper soldiers our way this time, so we’ll have a challenging day ahead. Make sure the archers are armed and ready to defend us. Make sure that everyone else is on their toes and ready to plug any breaches in the walls. If I don’t make it back and your attacked, it means I’m dead.” She says picking up her spear and walking towards the map room. “I’ll make sure that you’re warned before they get here. Or die trying.”

• Yay