Open Chronicles Hunting Trip

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Vigil

O' Watcher Mine
Character Biography
Link
ALLIRIA OUTSKIRTS - THE SHALLOWS

Not quite the place I wanted to be.

However, it was more welcoming than most of the so called, "Tower Folk" that I had dealt with when I came into harbor. Sideways glances, and having a majority of the path ahead of me clear. Even if didn't really need it to be clear in the first place. The silver eyes blending in with the eyes themselves, made us look as though we were blind, or without a soul due to the lack of irises. However, many knew better. Many knew us for the Magical curse given to us at birth.

While many were stunted with being half breeds, I knew for a fact I was pure. How? Dark black hair, and barely any sort of iris within my eye. Though I will say, its nice to have one entire side of the street to myself as I walked out towards the Shallows. At first some would glance my way. The leather armor I wore looked fine and well taken care of, but as soon as some saw my eyes, they relaxed a little. Very little.

I was an outsider, and many were accepted with open arms. While I didn't receive quite the same invitation, it was more so a tolerance of my kind. Rarer as the days go by. Kavosh, are in a little bit of a need for caring. Many gave up on the pursuit of my kind. Let them die by the curse of their blood. What got me to the shallows, was a whisper of one of my kindred here.

I had little to follow on. Scarce the details of what happened. All I knew was that a number of people had gone missing, and a majority of them, was a Kavosh female, and a human male along with their child. I knew from the start the likely cause could be the child was old enough now to become a living bomb. Much like I had. However, I doubted that this child would ever match what I had done. He was a Half-breed. I was Pureblood. Just that alone would mean I would reach more powerful skills than he. Secondary to that, my talents... were not so famous for their... cleanliness.

The Tavern off to my right had a man exiting the place. Some tobacco product in his mouth as he almost ran into me.

" Oi, I am- Oh. Sorry mate. Didn't mean to mess ya up! Ha-Ha!"

He grabbed the hood that had fallen down from my head and as soon as he saw my eyes, he cleaned up his attitude. Sure it was nice that he had some form of fear or respect of my kin, but he didn't need to. I had dealt with worse.

"Mind telling me about another one of my blood that went missing around here?"
"I uh... I know no-ting bout no one of your blood."
"I pay well."

With a leer to each side, he signaled for me to follow him. Looking around myself, I put my hood back up as I followed him down the steps and around the corner. He put a finger over his lips and started talking.

"Keep ur voice down. Ya see, some 'round here don't like ur kind. So best keep it hush hush yeah?"
"Fine. Just talk and I will leave you be."
"Ya, Da guy yous yapping about lived hur for a hot second. He shacked up with a whore of a woman. Had a kid or some-ting. Lived over yonder about a ten minute walk."
"Thank you, keep the change."
"Yous headed der now?"
"As you said, I am not liked."

Turning around, I walked away from the man, He still attempted to speak to me saying that people might follow me out there. I didn't mind, nor did I care. They could try if they wanted. If they knew I had magic, which they should, then they wouldn't want to tempt me to use it. Walking over the creaking planks and off into the swamp, I undid the buckle of my long knives, and my shortsword.

I didn't want to use them, but if it came down to it, I would.

• Yay
Reactions: Saul Talith
The shallows was not a place Saul often visited.

He had come here when he'd first arrived in the city, when his mother and him had fled Vel Anir. He barely remembered that time now, the weeks spent on the streets, sleeping in the mud and fighting for his life. It had been hard, harder than any training he'd endured in the Templar.

It was something he did not talk about often, something he'd really only ever mentioned to Ana. Time here had been difficult, and the memories still haunted his dreams at times.

A part of him had never wanted to return, but a greater whole knew that had never been possible.

The Shallows were an important part of Alliria, even if the Merchant Council would never admit it. This place was the life blood of much of the city. Most of the poor lived here, as well as the criminals, and of course more...discreet merchants. It was in the shallows that the unseen parts of Alliria's business ran.

That was why he was here tonight.

That was why he stalked down the street, hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

Walking out of the poor excuse for an alley, It took me only a few moments to see that there were a number of people staring and sending glares in my direction. Something was going on, and I was not for it. Pulling my hood down further in front of my face, However, what grabbed my attention was not the eyes, nor the man still wanting to speak to me. Walking up and even grabbing my arm. I shrugged it off as I could clearly see the armor-clad individual walking through the Shallows.

Not reflecting the light like nobility, but the armor was clearly made for the purpose of war. So too was the sword hanging on the man's hip. Even before I had seen him, I knew well the sound of sabatons smashing into the ground. When you run from the Law, and hide from people on a constant basis, you tend to pick up on sounds that others would overlook as something more mundane. No. This individual was here for something. While I know not of his intentions, I would prefer to not be on his hit-list.

Any form of direct confrontation with him would lead me into shackles, or no longer breathing. Shrugging off the man's arm, he too, turned his attention to the armored man. I could only assume it was a man since the taller and more structured frame showed quite the bit of strength. Secondary to the sword that was carried. I had no doubt he was well attuned to his fighting style at the very least.

"Is there a Templar regiment stationed here?"
"The Templars shadderd son."
"I suggest getting somewhere else. A templar in the shallows will never bring good fortune."
"No warning me twice."

The man took his leave of me quickly as I walked up along the side of the street. Keeping my pace just behind the man. Was he too, hunting the Kavosh I sought after, or was he here for something else? There was a part of me that wanted to ask. Knowing I had lighter armor, I could likely outrun him in distance, and maybe speed. However, I had a feeling this templar had more up hidden in his gauntlet than letting on.

I kept my distance for now.

Saul Talith

• Yay
Reactions: Lia
The Templar were no longer what they once were. Once they had been powerful enough to challenge entire Nations, tear down Kings and place their own rulers upon whatever thrones they wished.

Now they could barely afford to keep their horses fed.

The Broken Sword of Alliria were a Templar Chapter that had existed almost since the first schism. For centuries they had operated out of the great Merchant City, working with the Rangers, City Guard, and local nobles in order to keep the Reach free of Monsters and mad-men.

It had gone well enough, until recently anyway. The Chapter had gotten smaller, the Templar had begun to fade, and Saul saw the writing on the wall. The other Commanders did not, they were blinded by their own arrogance, but Saul was not going to allow himself to get caught in that.

Not when there was so much at stake.

He knew that the Templar needed more, needed to survive.

In order for that to happen he would need to do things that others would now. The Shallows were a world of business that most did not turn to, but he would. Glancing around, the Templar Commander watched for anyone looking after him for a moment, and then suddenly he ducked into a nearby alleyway.