Private Tales Hoist the Colors

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“Is that all?..” the blonde murmured sarcastically and glared moodily in response to the handsome smile. She could see why it might have been distracting to the sort of idiot girls who swooned over such things, but Katja was as cold as the land she was born to and so her expression remained ever bored in the face of his amusement.

She followed his direction toward the gangplank and hesitated for a moment before stepping onto it, ensuring he was following. She wasn’t used to so many people, nor did she intend on getting lost in this place.

“What the fuck has he sold me into..” she growled quietly to herself as she made it onto the docks and already at risk of being swept up in the riptide of sailors, pirates and merchants and so she reached to grab hold of Silas’ arm with a firm grip.

• Sip
Reactions: Silas
Silas cast a quick glance down at Katja, almost surprised that she would touch him.

He could see the expression of displeasure on her face, and then realized it was simply because she did not want to be rushed away in the tide of unwashed bodies. Fair enough.

The Pirate thought to himself as he began to lead her into Teth proper. As they made their way off the docks and into the city, the scenery around them did not change much, nor did the feeling they were walking on little more than floating planks.

All around them ships rose up, crushed between one another and somehow built on top at the same time. It was a strange, and discomforting sight. All mixed in with a population of such diversity an Anirian would have struggled to even understand its existence. With every step Silas' glee seemed to grow, and as they walked he regaled Katja with a dozen stories.

"That's the Old Mire. Great ship it was in it's day, Captained by a man named Horace. He was a big bastard, got eaten by a Leviathan." Silas said pointing to a huge galley that had now been strapped to a barge of some sort. "That there is the Mermaids Tail."

He pointed to a ship which seemed to be missing it's entire back end. "Jenre Ythren Captained her, all female crew. She was a firebrand and a half. Exclusively raided the Blightlands and freed female slaves. one of Menalus' sons got her."

Silas said, shaking his head mournfully. "And that, that is where we're going."

He finished as they entered a massive market square, across it standing a huge war galley which dwarfed almost everything around it.

Katie may have tried her best to look disinterested, but there was a spark of curiosity in her gaze as she looked here and there at what he pointed out. She enjoyed learning things, and she enjoyed stories, and she enjoyed the thought of an all-female crew who freed female slaves enough to allow a light smirk to cross her lips.

"Pity.." she answered with sincerity as she learned of her fate, but she was glad to know that the woman had existed in the first place.

"Wonderful." she answered, with less sincerity as her gaze followed his attention toward the huge ship. "You still haven't told me what exactly it is you need me to do.." she frowned up at him.

• Popcorn
"No, no I haven't." Silas said as he slowly began to walk across the market, never checking back to ensure Katja was even there.

It was something he was used to doing. He was the Captain of his ship, even if he didn't presently have a ship. There was a simple expectation in his mind that he would be followed, listened to. Perhaps those assumptions was what had brought him down in the first place.

Arrogance was a killer all it's own. "I used to be a Pirate Lord, Katja."

He began to explain as they headed for the massive galley.

"One of seven." A frown touched his lips. "I was betrayed, my allies were killed, my crew was slaughtered."

The words twisted his lips into a scowl. "I know what you can do, Evander told me."

He stopped just short of the front door. "So, you're going to help me get back whats mind, and then at the end of it all...I'm going to set you free."

Katja's brow furrowed as he told her what he had been and what had befallen him. The word 'sorry' had been on the tip of her tongue before he mentioned Evander's name and she swallowed it bitterly and narrowed her eyes on him.

Set her free? Her gaze widened for a fleeting moment of stupidity as she allowed herself to believe that, and they quickly narrowed into a scowl once more.

"How very noble of you.. But I don't want freedom, I want my family back and Evander is the only one with that power. Something which he likes to remind me of every day.." her jaw tightened and she drew her gaze from him with a huff.

"Let's just get this over with." she muttered.

• Thoughtful
Silas' eyebrows raised, his lips thinning ever so briefly as Katja mentioned her family.

It was the first time she had offered any details about herself. The first time she had ever said what kept her bound towards the madman keeping her in chains. Fingers curled on the doorway to the tavern, holding onto the reed thin hand;e. "Then we'll see about your family."

He told her plainly.

"After we gather whats left of mine." Silas was a pirate, and he would not pretend to be anything else.

By his own estimations his goals mattered most, after that?

He didn't mind the thought of fucking over Evander. The smug prick had always been too full of himself.

Another small smile was flickered over towards the slave sorcereress, though he knew it wouldn't matter much. Then he pushed open the door into the tavern.

Almost immediately the scent of stale ale and fresh cigars greeted them. A pleasant putrid scent filling the air which seemed to overpower every other scent. The raucous sound of musicians and off-key singing struck the air. The noise beyond a wall as they stepped into a room of utter cheer and chaos.

Silas lead the way, breaking through the social tidal wave and raising a hand. "JENRE!"

He called over the crowd, the attentions of a massive orc woman drawn to his shouting voice.

"I'm gonna need two over here!" As he yelled, the Innkeepers face drew into a smile. Her chubby cheeks drawing into a wide grin, her steps suddenly drawing into a run as she charged towards where Silas was standing.