Completed Here in Our Quiet Retreat

What night could settle into memory more fondly than this? Certainly the future clutched coyly to its promise of potential, but what great collection of nights so enjoyed in Kristen's eighteen summers presently paid fealty to this one, the sovereign of them all.

Time got away from her as she became more and more relaxed under Alistair's massaging hands. She could easily have fallen asleep! Maybe she did fall asleep, if only for a brief minute. She honestly didn't know, and didn't truly mind—she would have loved to have fallen asleep in such a state (or, better yet, cuddled with Alistair)—but it was only the fact that everyone would be expected back in their dorm rooms at the appropriate hour. Especially since the Proctors wanted the Dance, and its immediate aftermath, to go as smoothly as possible.

"Alistair..." she said, her voice made by her bliss to be as smooth as velvet, "...why is it that you give to me a slice of heaven, yet time and the world, in their cruelty, conspire to take it?"

Slowly, begrudgingly, Kristen began to rise from lying down and to a seated position. She draped her arms around his neck and touched her forehead to his chest.

"If I could...I would hold you...just like this...until Aionus himself commanded that we must part." She pulled back reluctantly and looked up at him and smiled. "Alas, a more earthly force has done this commanding. I must return to my dorm before the hour grows too late."

Alistair Krixus

Just as Kristen lost herself in the massage, so too did Alistair in giving it. Every new inch of Kristen's body that Alistair explored was somehow both exhilarating and calming.

Eventually, Kristen's question alerted him to an inevitability that he was dreading. This had to come to an end. A soft smile spread onto his face as he helped her get up smoothly, and before he knew it, she wrapped her arms around him and they were pressed together.

He wanted so badly to offer her some soothing answer that would put her at peace at least until they could see each other again, but they were Dreadlords and he knew that not to be true.

"As would I, but the world waits for no one not even one as beautiful as you...although maybe it should." He offered with a smile and then leaned in to give her a quick kiss.

Kristen was right about her needing to get back. They had been here for some time, and he did not want to be the reason that she got in trouble during her last year as an initiate.

Kristen Pirian

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Kristen Pirian
"Propriety can be such a shackle," Kristen commented with a mock ruefulness after their quick kiss. She started to pull up her dress and put her arms through her sleeves and in so doing she was struck by the feeling of just how much she didn't want to do that, to cover up. Unprecedented, it was a complete inversion of her normally quite modest and quite reserved nature. She longed mightily to stay in a state of undress, to allow Alistair's eyes and his alone to glimpse her, to behold her. She wanted to continue sharing with him that which she kept guarded all the days of her life until this very night.

But, though she had made light of propriety, a timely return to her dorm was not the only thing she had to keep in mind. What she earlier spoke of marriage and sacred vows remained true. And to test the edge of the precipice known as desire by staying undressed, by undressing further, by embroiling herself and him in a passion whose momentum could not be stopped once began was a dangerous threat to her chastity. Best they depart on good, and virtuous, terms.

Decent again, Kristen stood from the couch. "I do not know when Aionus will grace us with blessed timing, but...surely soon we will meet again? We've still a lovely excursion through the Savannah Stone and a delightful picnic before us. Oh, but it is my dear hope that we may enjoy it before my Graduation! Waiting for that long would be a torment without compare."

Alistair Krixus

For all of Alistair's formal mannerisms, he would be lying if he said he was not stowing away this image of Kristen for safekeeping. He would not be forgetting this night anytime soon.

A sad smile graced his face as he also began dressing himself. It was just awkward being the only undressed individual between the two of them. While he busied himself with trying to close up all the buttons on his shirt, he turned his head to get one last look at Kristen's bare shoulders before they were both properly dressed.

"Hopefully my work will see me in the city for some time. I have one simple expedition coming up, so we can have the trip to the Savannah when I come back. It's supposed to just be a little bit of research, so I will need your help when I return so that I do not die from boredom."

Kristen Pirian

• Yay
Reactions: Kristen Pirian
"Then I shall take it upon myself to slay that boredom long before it can properly bedevil you," Kristen said, blushing with the mere anticipation and its attendant excitement. But patience was a virtue, and good things do indeed come to those who wait; her own story of the snickerdoodle cookie incident was but a small, though significant, testament to that.

"Now for the best moment of parting."

Her hands, clasped together before her, tensed with an eager willingness.

"The farewell kiss."

And her smile gave a demure rise to her cheeks. Gone was the distinction of Dreadlord Initiate, gone were the sword and spell, gone that steel which hardened one into a warrior. Here now she was a young woman who fancied the touch of a young man, that and nothing more. And this was all she needed to be. Everything else could await her beyond the door of this secret room.

Alistair Krixus