Hello and Good Morning

Bezza Kullgar

Stalwart Wanderer
Character Biography
Link
Hello. Scuthe here! I am not new to RP but I've been looking around to see what's out there. I must say I'm preferring Xenforo hosted boards over Proboards and Jcink lately, especially since I have an iCloud email. Jcink doesn't like iCloud for some reason...

Anyway, I've seen what you guys have to offer and I'm definitely interested to learn more. I haven't been on a wiki-supported RP site for a while, so it'll take some adjusting. I'm also keenly aware there is a Discord, but I have taken a recent detox from the chat room. It elevates anxieties for me that cause spiraling behavior. If I could avoid it altogether and still be a member of the community, that would be great.

Please drop by and say hi. I'll likely be doing a lot of reading here soon. Hope to stick around.

Hey Scuthe!

Yeah, discord isn't essential! We do some plotting there but it's easy enough to do so on the board via LFG and direct messages too. Happy reading / writing!

:D

• Yay
Reactions: Bezza Kullgar
Hey guys! Thanks for the quick replies! Much appreciated. Good to know about the Discord thing too, thanks!

I'm still at work so when I get a chance later today I'll definitely be doing some reading. I'll be checking out the Wiki too.

• Yay
Reactions: Dingo
Wow, thank you Raig, what an intro. Ahem. Let me tell you about the virtues of having multilayered location sub forums, down to the point of hexagonal tile mark.

In one word... Immersion.

But all jokes aside
I'm just sayin, sometimes a little inefficiency on the back end helps add to the immersion. I LIKE VISUAL AIDS.

Many welcomes, Scuthe! Totally feel you on the chatroom anxiety, as its something I've found myself dealing with as well from time to time, but, like Silver Romani (Yvaine) shared, you can absolutely plug into some action using the LFG sub forums and keeping an eye out on open threards!

It Takes a little more leg work, but, that's how I started out too! Wasn't too keen on the discord for the same reason, and eventually trusted myself enough to hop on and see what all the hubbub was about.

Open threads and Fate threads are a great way to hop into some play, and don't be shy about shooting an old school DM people's way, especially if you find something that catches your eye! Happy posting, and lurking! Hope to see you word-smithing soon. :)

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Bezza Kullgar