Private Tales Going home..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Silver fought a grin as he introduced her as his 'betrothed'. It would take some getting used to, and each time she was reminded of it she was overwhelmed with pride and excitement and her heart swelled that bit more.

She maintained a warm smile as the strangers on the beach seemed to regard her, and she found she already felt quite comfortable in their presence, though whether it was more to do with the calming drum of waves rolling into the shore mingled with the jovial music, she wasn't sure. All she knew was that it soothed her.

Her brows rose as the woman spoke Jorg's name, and she laughed under her breath as she looked up at the prince.. "I suppose I should get used to that.." she mused and looked back to the woman.

"Thank you." she smiled in advance of her hospitality, and was quickly gathered up in a small crowd of fussing women who led her toward the fire and adorned her hair with flowers.

• Smug
Reactions: Jorg
Jorg frowned for a moment.

Silver said she would have to get used to it, but he himself wasn't entirely sure that he ever would be. He had never liked being treated as royalty, had never enjoyed the separated status that set him apart from those he walked among.

Lips thinned, and he was about to speak when the words died on his tongue. A dozen women adorned Silver's hair with flowers, another group gathered the two soldiers, and the Elder herself walked up towards the Prince and smiled.

"Leven is at your service, My Liege."​

The old woman said with a smile.

"We still remember the old ways."​

His heart thundered in his chest for a moment, and then his head dipped in a nod. Who was he to deny this village? Who was he to deny them their rites and customs. Lips thinned, but he put on a smile and just accepted the situation he was in.

"Then I honor Leven and it's ways." Jorg said with a bow.

The next hour was a celebration. There was a feast, a dance, a parlor of celebration that most could only have dreamed of. The setting sun decorated the time around them, casting them in an orange light as Silver and Jorg found themselves sitting in the sand and watching a dance of fire

His arm wrapped around his beloved, eyes following the dancing torchlights as they were thrown into the air and caught in an intricate pattern.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Silver Romani
Silver's smile was irrevocable as she nestled into Jorg and watched the dancers and flames, the music seeping into her soul. They'd been well fed, and Silver couldn't remember the last time she had felt this relaxed.. This truly happy about her present and future.

"Is there much music in Mallian?.." she asked softly as she looked up at him, her hand idly rubbing at her stomach. She wanted their child to know music as she had. It was quite simply in her blood to love it as much as she did.

She leaned to press a kiss against his jaw, but as she drew away her smile faltered as she flinched suddenly.

• Popcorn
"Of course." Jorg said with a smile. "Music is an integral part of who we are. Mallia's festivals see thousands, dozens of instru-"

The Prince cut himself off as Silver flinched slightly.

His gaze immediately flickered over her form, watching every little bit of her. "What is it?"

He questioned quickly, his arms wrapping softly around her to ensure that there were no bruises or injuries upon her. Jorg was like an eagle, attentive, careful, ensuring that his love had everything and would have every detail attended to.

"Are you alright?" Jorg asked quickly.

A breath tumbled from her lips and she nodded quickly to him, scenting the fear in him as he looked her over for injury.

"I'm fine.." she assured. She let out a quiet laugh and reached to take his hand, pressing it to the side of her bump and waiting for a moment before another kick jammed into her underneath his palm. It was the first time she'd felt the child move and the sensation was a strange one..

"Seems he likes the music already.." she mused.

• Popcorn
He smiled wide, practically beaming. "Has good taste."

Jorg said pride shining from his core as he sat and nestled into Silver's side. A breath filled his lungs, and then slowly he drew his gaze towards the sea ahead of them. A wash of salt air licked over them as they sat, the sound of music strumming all around them.

"Not a bad place to spend a night." He said quietly, his thumb stroking over her belly as he leaned back slightly.

Behind them the sounds of celebration grew, and eventually a woman came up behind them. She was holding a tray arrayed with a dozen different foods.

"My Prince, would you and your betrothed like anything to eat?"​

Her lips curled as she rested against him, her hand atop his as they listened to the waves and music and felt the kicks and elbows. "It's beautiful.." she answered him in a deep sigh and turned to kiss a tender path along his stubbled jaw.

The woman's voice behind them tugged at her attention and she looked up to smile warmly at her.. "Thank you. And please call me Silver.." she smiled. As proud as she was that she would marry Jorg, being known as the prince's betrothed wasn't sitting well with her, and she understood now why Jorg felt uncomfortable with formalities.

• Popcorn
The woman seemed to hesitate for a moment, as if she wasn't entirely sure how she was supposed to answer such a request. Her eyes turned desperately towards Jorg, as if he was going to offer Silver some sort of rebuke.

After a moment she simply turned and placed the tray on a small stump on the ground, then stammered.

"Y-yes My Lady, My Prince."​

Then before either Jorg or Silver could say anything to her she quickly turned on her heel and began to practically run away. The Prince let out a chuckle, reaching up and rubbing his hand over his face as he sighed. "I didn't miss that."

He said with a shake of his head.

"We're too close to home now." Jorg said with a sigh. "Get ready not to hear your name for a while, my love."

The Werewolf said as he leaned into her. "I'm afraid once we reach Mallian it will be mostly 'Princess', 'My Lady', and 'Highness'."

A fact he'd dealt with all his life.

Silver frowned gently as she watched the woman rush off, as though it were some mortal sin to speak her name. Silver had been spoken down to on countless occasions. She was a gypsy, a thief, a bare-footed dancer on a street corner performing for coin and she was detested by the upper classes. That people now looked at her like those upper classes and not like a bug to be squashed? She wasn't sure she'd ever get used to that..

"Yes I, suppose I knew that..." she sighed, reaching for the tray to pick at some of the breads and fruits.. "Do your family treat people well. Normal people, I mean? Are your people well looked after?.." she frowned curiously. It wasn't that she considered that his people would purposefully treat anyone poorly, more that she'd been in countless cities where those in power turned a blind eye to what went on in their cities rather than make any effort to better it.

• Popcorn
For a few seconds Jorg considered the question.

He had been to other cities, witnessed how the nobility worked in them. How Kings exploited their subjects and Queens did as they wanted. Things were not quite that way back home. A fact that struck many outsiders as strange. Particularly those of a wealthier class. He remembered his father explaining it to one particularly perplexed Anirian.

"Royalty isn't quite the same in Mallian as it is in other places." Jorg said as he scratched his beard.

"The Duke and Duchess of Mallian Rule by the grace of the people. Not some other authority." A fact which made many nobles uncomfortable. "My family has ruled for generations, but only because the people allow us to. We have authority, certain rights and privileges but...well we can't go around ordering executions or anything like that."

If they tired there would probably be a union riot. "It's best to think of us as...the final say, rather than the ultimate authority."

That wasn't to understate their importance. As Silver could see even in this village they were revered in some way, but that was also due to their connection to Mallia. Or at least what the commons believed to be a connection.

"Citizens in Mallian have many rights." He told her. "It's not... we're not perfect, but we don't have slums like Alliria.

A fact his father often bragged about to visiting dignitaries.

"They must love your family to have allowed them to rule for so long.." she commented, dragging her eyes from the rolling waves to look up at him with a soft smile. "That's enough for me." she nodded, drawing him into a long kiss. Even the way those who knew him greeted him, it wasn't with respect caused by fear, it was a respect earned and a pride to call him their prince, just as she'd have pride to call him her husband.

"I like it here." she whispered against his lips, her nose grazing his and her tone dropping to a soft purr. "Perhaps you should take your betrothed to bed, My Prince.." she grinned with amusement.

• Popcorn
Silver was right. The people of Mallian had come to love and respect their royal family. It had not always been so. His family were the third to have been installed, put into place by the will of the people after a brief rebellion had cropped up.

His father had told him stories of that event, though in truth Jorg could not have recounted a single one of them even if Silver had pressed. He'd never been a good student.

Their kiss parted, and Jorg nodded. "It's calming."

He agreed.

"Yes, My Princess." Jorg said with a smirk as his arms wrapped around her and then gently scooped her up and off the ground. With a quick tug he pulled them both up, his feet landing on the ground in one swift motion.

For a moment his head swiveled, darting about at the different buildings.

"I think..." He said as he began to move towards one of the closer huts. "That one is ours."

He was pretty sure at least.

Silver laughed as he lifted her, nestling snugly into his arms and allowing him to carry her to their hut. Several people watched them and she could see some smile warmly and chuckle whilst some others looked surprised that the Prince would carry his own luggage and looked about to offer to unburden him.

The inside of their hut robbed her of breath and her mouth fell open as she looked around it. A large comfortable looking bed with fresh white sheets lay in the centre of the circular room on a dais, a canopy of white sheer fabric that flowed calmingly in the gentle breeze. It had been decorated with fresh flowers and candles and a large tub of cool lavender water had been prepared with a tray of food and a jug of wine sat on the bed.

"Yes.. I could most certainly get used to this.." Silver laughed and nuzzled at his cheek.

Jorg masterfully lowered Silver onto the bed while at the same time scooping up the tray of food as to not spill it onto the pristine sheets.

One would have thought him a circus performer with how quickly he switched the two things, a smirk pulling at his lips as he carried the tray like a waiter. "Drink, my lady?"

The Prince asked with no small amount of smugness.

He leaned in and didn't wait for her to answer, pouring her but a small drink. He had often heard rumors that pregnant women shouldn't drink heavily, but a taste now and then was alright. As long as one was careful anyway.

Jorg slipped the tray onto the table besides the bed, pouring himself a drink as he leaned over and kissed Silver. The goblet slipped into her hand as he did so.

"This isn't even the best you'll have." He assured her softly.

• Cthuulove
Silver smiled against his lips, her free hand rising to his face to let her thumb brush over his stubbled cheek. She breathed him in deeply and sighed, her teeth latching onto her lower lip as he broke their connection.. "Then it's already beyond my imagination.." she answered. "But I'm quite certain I'll adapt.." she smirked and pressed another tender kiss to the corner of his mouth before taking a sip of wine.

Even the wine tasted better here. The warmth in the climate agreed with her, the sound of the sea and scent of salt in the air lulled her, and the man she was with made it ten times sweeter. "I love you." she rumbled softly.

• Cthuulove
"I love you." He mirrored her words with a smile, taking in a deep breath and drawing in her scent.

After all the turmoil of their journey, after everything they had gone through and experienced it seemed almost impossible that they were now coming to the end of it. They had left behind a continent, traveled through the Wylds, fought monsters and armies.

Being in a place like this almost seemed comically out of place.

Briefly he wondered what his mother would say about everything that had happened. If she would show disapproval of his recklessness or simply be glad that he was home. Both were a possibility, though he suspected most of her focus would be on Silver. His hand gently trailed up and down Silver's thigh, Jorg losing himself in thought.

They were at the end of one journey, but at the beginning of another.

• Cthuulove
The night was long and slow and satisfying and her smile had still not faded by morning. She lay neatly tucked in against his side, her eyes closed as she drew idle circles on his chest and stomach. A tiny foot gave her stomach a hard kick and she smirked, her heart swelling.

"Already a warrior.." she grumbled sleepily as her hand settled on her stomach. It seemed to be growing much quicker now than it had at the beginning, and she was instinctively even more desperate to get to Mallian, to be home and settle like a nesting mother.

"Time to go home." she sighed as she stretched to press a kiss to Jorg's stubbled cheek.

• Popcorn
Home.

It seemed so far. So foreign after so many years. When was the last time he had seen the walls? Years, two, maybe three. A smile touched his face.

There was a dread in him still. The idea of seeing his mother, his sisters...it made fear curl up in his spine. Beyond that though he could feel an excitement, a joy. The thought of everything somehow going...right. It couldn't help but bring a smile to his face.

"Home." He repeated as he slowly drew himself up.

Slowly he turned, his fingers stroking over her skin. "Time it is."

Jorg said as he pulled himself out of bed.

"We'll make it by days end." A smile touched his face. "Let's just hope they haven't heard we're on our way."

• Cthuloo
Home.

She'd never had one, never believed she needed one and that home was not a place but a family. That was true, but the there was more to the word now that they were to raise a child together. It was something solid and real and safe and she felt it like the steady warmth of a blanket being drawn around her shoulders, and she leaned into it.

She laughed nervously at his words and slipped from bed and into the cool spring to bathe, flower petals clinging to her skin and the pleasant aromas settling her nerves a little.

Breakfast was brought to them, as were some fresh clothes; a dress of green and silver that she was grateful for. She hadn't much looked forward to being introduced to Jorg's family in the grimy travelling clothes she'd been wearing.

She liked these people and their ways. They gave her well wishes, put beads around her wrist and wove flowers into her hair and whispered words in some language she'd never heard as they placed their hands over her stomach. Silver hugged each of them tightly and assured she'd visit and stay longer next time.

Climbing into Raksha's saddle was getting more and more difficult, and she'd never been so grateful to know that the next place they stopped was where they'd stay until their child arrived.

"I feel like a pumpkin." she murmured as she gently kicked her horse into a walk.

• Cthuulove
Jorg looked up at Silver as she spoke, his hand landing gently on her thigh. "Most beautiful pumpkin I've ever seen."

There was a wry smile on his face, his eye flickering quickly in a wink.

Around them the two soldiers that had survived the fight with the travelers took up guard positions. Jorg had tried to convince them to make their own way, had even tried to pay them, but they had refused both. It seemed the men now considered themselves a guard of honor.

An identity that Jorg could not deny them, not after what they had done for him and Silver.

His finger stroked slowly over Silver's thigh, and then the last leg of their journey began.

The walk was not a short one, in fact it was two days before they traveled down the coast road which would eventually lead them to Mallian. As they drew closer and closer a pit formed within Jorg's stomach, his demeanor growing with more trepidation.

Silver coaxed him to speak, but each time it was the same story. He was a Prince, a Prince coming home. He had never wanted the title, had never wanted anything to do with it. Yet now he could not, would not deny it. For the good of himself, for his soon to be wife, for his child.

That didn't make it any easier.

It was on the third day, just an hour or two after they had set out that Mallian came into view. The high city walls coaxed themselves from the Wilds around them. Green Moss clung to them, as though nature and the city formed as one.

High above the walls, within the center of the city stood a massive statue. The huge marbled face of the Goddess Mallia peered over the expanse of the city. It seemed to stare down at them, as they approached, the gaze of the Raven Queen catching Jorg as they moved along the road. "Well."

He said softly, standing alongside Silver.

"There it is." Jorg voice was quiet, soft. "Home."

In the distance, along the road, one could see the gate. Two huge doors open and waiting for their Prince and new Princess.

The moment she saw Mallian, she felt a surge of panic amidst the awe as she gaped at the sight. She had imagined all sorts of cities that she'd visited in the past, but she was quite certain she had never seen one so impressive even from this distance.

His family were there, waiting. His people were there. Soon she'd have so many eyes on her, scrutinising, judging. Her hand settled on her stomach as her pulse raced and she looked down at Jorg, hoping he'd read her expression without her having to admit how terrified she was.

"I... expected it to be, smaller. It's... It's not small..."

• Devil
Jorg refrained from making the joke that played through his head.

"Yes." He said with a nod, looking up at Silver with a slight smile on his face. "Its not small, but it's home."

His finger stroked over her thigh. "And it will feel like it in no time."

"My Lord, should I go and announce yo-"​

"No." The Prince cut in almost as quickly as he possibly could, the soldier looking at him with a look of slight shock. His head shook, trying to cut any idea of announcing him completely out. The last thing that he wanted was for some kind of parade to carry them through the street.

Jorg intended to get to the palace quietly, and after that? Well he would see how his family greeted him.

"Let's not cause a stir, aye?" He said. "Through the gates, and to the palace. That'll be enough."

Of course Jorg forgot one thing; what he looked like.

In his youth the young Prince had spent most of his live gallivanting around the streets. He had made a name for himself, not just as the Prince, but as a kind soul, a rambunctious bastard, and one hell of a fighter.

As they walked through the gates, the Guards waving them through without hesitation, a whisper could already be heard.

"Hey is that?"

"Nah there's no way, heard he joined up with the Bands."

"Yeah but the Tatoo..."​

Jorg's ears seemed to twitch as they walked, his head pointedly staring ahead. Through the crowds Silver would see Mallian, see it for what it was. A city of nature and man molded together in one great bastion.

Massive marble buildings rose from the earth, huge vines and trees stood among them, dozens of canals were crossed with bridges and footpaths. Mallian seemed to be a maze of life and stone, clinging to it's roots far more than any other city in the world.

Silver slipped from Raksha's saddle. She'd walk into the city, the last thing she wanted was to make herself even more visible to the crowds of people already staring at them. At least the horse would shield her from one side and Jorg, as much as he could, from the other. She listened to the whispers about Jorg's return, and to how quickly the gossip started over who she might be, and if it were Jorg's child she was carrying.

She tried her best not to look afraid, but she didn't have to try hard not to look like some uppity high born. On the contrary, she looked shy and nervous, clutching onto Raksha's reins for dear life, though those she did catch the eyes of she offered a soft smile. Their stories and gossip would be confirmed soon enough, and then what? Would she be classed as an outsider? There would no doubt be jealousy, most likely those who disagreed with their prince marrying a gypsy rather than one of the high born woman no doubt lining up for such an honour.

It had never mattered to her so much in her life what people thought of her, but for her child's sake and Jorg's, she needed these people to accept her.

More guards joined them when they realised, and that only garnered more attention. Children squeezed through the crowds to walk beside them to get a closer look and pet the inky friesian, and Silver watched them with a small smirk. It was then when she considered the children growing up here that she really took notice of the city, of the sights and sounds and smells and the pleasant vibe of unity. Faces seemed friendly, people seemed healthy and the children laughed and played in the streets, climbed the trees and swam in the canals.

Silver had never managed more than a few days in a city before, but this didn't feel like stepping out of nature at all. Slowly, her fears started to ease and she let out a calming breath as she looked to Jorg with a warm smile.

"It's beautiful."

• Sip
"It is." Jorg said with a smile, looking up at his home with a fondness to his features.

By the time Silver spoke they were practically surrounded by guards, men and women both dressed in the colors of his family. A few had tried to approach him, say something, but each time they had been stopped by the two soldiers who had guided them to Mallian.

They knew he didn't want to speak, not yet, knew that he wanted to see his family first.

Yet it drew attention still. The whispers continued ahead of them, and by the time they reached the entrance of the palace forest there were hundreds of gathered citizens. They watched as the Royal couple passed on by, some cheering, others simply staring.

It was an event.

The return of a Prince, and with him a Princess.

Jorg placed a hand gently on the small of Silver's back as they reached the gates of the inner forest, a breath filling his lungs. He offered a wave to the crowd, and with it came raucous cheers. "So much for a quiet return home."

He said with a wry smile, letting the soldiers parse through the crowd until finally they reached the forest gates of the palace complex.

They stepped through, lead by the soldiers who parted almost immediately. The view inside was a reflection of the wilds on the outside of the city. A massive garden of flowers, vines, and huge trees. Small ponds and rivers ran everywhere, and in the center of it all sat the Duke's Palace, where his family resided and the City was run from.

Jorg opened his mouth to say something, but before he could speak a voice cut him off.

"JOOOOORG!"​

The voice came from the left, and through a throng of soldiers appeared a young girl. She ran at a sprint, her dark raven hair flowing behind her as she leaped into the air and tackled her older brother.

• Cthuloo
The hand on her back was settling, and the wolf under her skin was settled by the touch too. She looked up at Jorg as he waved to the crowd and let out a quiet laugh at the sound he received in response. "Seems we have some competition for your affections." Silver mused with a hand on her stomach. His people clearly loved him, and it only made her own pride and adoration swell in her chest.

The forest was even more unexpected and beautiful than the city outside it was. She felt strangely at home, and in her mind she conjured the image of their child exploring the grounds. It was perfect in every sense of the word.

She was so busy admiring her surroundings that the sudden loud voice caused her to jump a little in fright. Raksha nickered and threw her head, and Silver reached to settle her with a gentle stroke and a quiet hush before quietly admiring the reunion.

• Sip