Private Tales Going home..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Seems that you are.." Silver grinned up at him. In all honesty she had learned a lot since meeting him. She could even read a little, but more than that she had learned to accept what she was and she'd learned to love it, to be proud of it. It gave her strength that she'd needed to fight for him, the bond that had brought them together and she loved him so much more than a simple human could.

She laughed softly at his words and growled a quiet approval of this system he spoke of.. "Oh?.." she kissed him, breathing him in deeply as she did so. "That sounds like a fantastic way to help me learn." she whispered against his lips.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Jorg
Jorg smiled against her lips. "I'm glad you agree."

Never once in his life had he thought he could be this happy. Not under these circumstances.

Marriage. A baby on the way. Five, even two years ago the very idea would have been enough to send him running over the hills. It had been part of the reason he'd left Mallian in the first place. Fear of his mother finding some girl to tie him to. The terror of being forced to settle.

Now?

He was practically jumping at the chance to bind himself to Silver. If he had a choice he really would have done it tonight. Not an ounce of hesitation remained in him. Not a second of doubt. He knew this was what he wanted. "Let's get home."

Jorg said as his arms suddenly slipped down her body and he scooped her up off the ground.

He tugged her into his arms like a princess, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"And we'll start your lessons." Jorg added with a mischievous grin.

• Smug
Reactions: Silver Romani
Silver's lessons lasted long into the night, until the pair had thoroughly exhausted themselves in celebration of their engagement. She slept soundly, curled in against his side and half draped across him, and as the morning sun cast their room in a rosy hue, she kissed softly at his shoulder and chest to gently wake him.

"Good morning.." she whispered, her muscles aching from a long and rapturous night. "It's time to go home." she smiled.

• Bless
Fingers softly trailed up and down Silver's body as she awoke, Jorg's eyes still closed as he took soft, deep breaths.

"Good morning." He said as he leaned forward and softly kissed her forehead. A contented sigh escaped him, and his fingers slowly drew over her hips and pulled her tight against himself. The warmth of his body sent a shiver down his spine.

"Last leg of the trip." Jorg breathed quietly. "Two weeks, and you'll see Mallian."

He smiled. "Then a little after that..."

Jorg leaned over and slowly kissed her neck. "I'm gonna marry you."

• Cthuulove
There was no hiding her excitement at the thought of marrying him. "Hm. Never imagined myself as a wife." she mused, wrapping herself around him with a soft sound of approval as he kissed at her neck. Her fingers dragged over his back.

"I hope your family like me. It would be nice to have a family again." she smiled at the thought. Even if they were different from her own, her people had always been a strong community, they looked after one another. Until, of course, one of their own became a danger to the rest.

"I'm not sure I'm ready to give up this bed for another two weeks' travel.." she groaned.

• Popcorn
"They will." Jorg said with a smile. He knew that his father would, knew that his sister's would. They had always wanted another sister, though they had one another. His mother too would come around, and because they were already betrothed he knew even she would be warm.

His hand softly coaxed over her skin.

"You have a family." Jorg told her softly. "No matter what. You have me, and you have our child."

He smiled and softly kissed her. "Plus I know my sister's will want to take you dress shopping."

They were always looking for an excuse, and what better excuse was there then a wedding and a new sister? For them it would be fun, and of course a way to get to know Silver. Family bonding and all that.

Jorg lingered for a moment, then pulled himself out of the bed just as Silver began to complain about their travel. A chuckle escaped him.

"Just two weeks. Then you'll have a bed twice this size." Probably with softer sheets.

Silver smiled warmly and let her eyes drift closed as she thought of her own little family, a hand on her stomach. She returned his soft kisses with a quiet purr against his lips and laughed quietly when he spoke of his sisters.

"I only ever had my brother." she said, her throat aching the moment she'd said it. She cleared the pain and smiled again. "It'll be nice to have some girls around." she smirked and stretched out before rolling herself on top of him, a grin on her lips as she leaned to pepper his lips, his jaw and neck with kisses and gentle nips.

"Best make the most of this one before we leave then." she growled quietly, and spent the next hour worshipping him.

They ate and bathed and packed their things along with fresh supplies for the road, and with Raksha saddled, they set off toward Mallian.

• Sip
The road was a quiet one, at least for the most part.

Traveling through the Wilds was generally never a good idea. Even with the blessings of Mallia herself, the Wilds were still incredibly dangerous. Hydra's, Gargent Spiders, Gargoyle Milipedes, any one of a dozen different creatures would gladly make a meal of you.

Thus they took the coast road.

It was a beautiful, if not ancient thing. Most of it consisted of little more than cobbles and dirt laid down centuries ago. Yet the view was almost indescribable. To the left was the Ixchel Wilds, a jungle as thick as any in the world. To the left were stark cliffs, the ocean hanging just to the side of them. "There's a few villages on the way."

Jorg explained as he walked besides Raksha.

"But most of them have less than a hundred people or so." Any more and they became feeding grounds for the monsters.

"Hopefully we won't have to spend too many nights sleeping in the dirt then..." Silver smirked down at him. "You've ruined the gypsy in me by introducing me to your luxuries." her eyes rolled and she let out a quiet laugh.

She drank in the vast scenery that seemed to make her very soul breathe, the jungle lush and vibrant and full of strange chirps and clicks of birds and insects she had never heard before. "It's so different to Falwood and the reach.. We never travelled this far. To think there's a kingdom like Mallian.." her head shook. That sort of civilisation simply didn't look like it would've belonged out here. "It must be so beautiful." she smiled, a hand on her belly as she thought of the life their child would have.

• Popcorn
"Well." Jorg mused. "You can always sleep in the gardens when we get there."

He teased. "Get used to the outdoors again."

The thought wasn't too terrible. He'd often taken naps in the garden, though that had been in a hammock and not in the middle of a flower bed.

"It has it's own sort of wonder." Certainly different than Alliria or any of the cities in the west. He had not visited many of them of course, but those he had always seemed less...alive. He smiled for a moment as they continued to walk.

"The Wilds are a dangerous place." He told her softly. "But there's a balance that can be reached. Most of the creatures inside won't go near you if you don't wander into their territory and..."

Jorg trailed off for a second as he spotted something on the road ahead.

Silver could only laugh at the thought of what his family would think of her sleeping out in their gardens, but she wouldn't rule it out. She loved sleeping under the stars, but these days she also loved comfort, especially with the new aches she was experiencing.

She was watching him as he spoke, though as he trailed off her brow furrowed and she looked back to the road ahead. The man approaching was almost as tall as Jorg, wearing thick black armour and enough weapons to assume he was a mercenary. She glanced down at Jorg with a wordless frown, her fingers tightening on Raksha's reins. They had no reason to suspect he'd cause them trouble, he might even have been from Mallian himself for all she knew, but it was difficult not to feel a little paranoid.

• Stressed
"Tai'Shar, Almerin." Jorg offered a greeting within the words of Mallian.

It was one that many of his people would know, and perhaps even those who had just traveled through the city. The mercenary raised a brow for a few seconds, looking at Jorg, and then towards Silver. A moment of...something flickered over his face, then he touched his brow and offered the greeting in return.

"Ter'Luan, Malrin."​

The Mercenary said, and Jorg smiled. He visibly seemed to relax for a moment, looking at Silver with a smile to let her know he felt a bit more at ease.

"You did not catch us in the best of ways, brother. We were beset upon by a group of...travelers just a day ago. They were searching for a woman with red hair."​

He glanced at Silver, though there was no ire in his gaze. "I see."

Jorg said with a scowl.

"What way did they go?" He asked, fingers already tightening ever so slightly.

"We don't know. They came at night at our camp, moved like foxes and were gone before we could even react. Three of our men died."​

The wolf gave Silver a weary look.

• Stressed
Silver remained silent and watched the exchange carefully, noting the way the man seemed to look at her, her brow furrowing softly. Jorg's smile assured her enough that the colour returned to her paled knuckles as her grip loosened on Raksha's reins, knowing that they weren't in any immediate danger. But the way he'd looked at her..

Travellers..

If she had not paled enough at the word, she was positively milk-white when he'd mentioned the red hair. Of course her father hadn't given up. She had killed his only son, her own brother, and now she knew that the man would quite literally chase her down to the ends of the earth. That sense of security she'd allowed herself to feel these past few weeks vanished in an instant, and she inwardly cursed herself for being so content and letting her guards down.

Her gaze drifted from Jorg, to the road behind the man. Not only was she being hunted, she was now travelling toward the hunters instead of running away from them. It was the only way to Mallian, and whether on the road or off-road wouldn't make a damned bit of difference. She knew her people and the man had described them perfectly as foxes.

Silver's hand settled subconsciously on her belly. She felt sick and her head felt suddenly too light as fear and panic rose within her.

• Stressed
Jorg didn't need the senses of a wolf to feel Silver's panic.

The moment it spiked his arm gently wrapped around her. He pulled her form softly against his, head leaning over to whisper in her ear. "It's alright."

It would be alright.

Nothing in this world mattered more to him than Silver, nothing mattered more than their child. He would not let any force of man or different harm the woman that he loved. His fingers tightened gently on her side, holding her softly and letting out a soft breath.

"We'll be alright." He told her. "I promise."

The man ahead of them tilted his head slightly, clearly confused at what was going on.

Jorg swallowed, then turned to him. There was a brief moment of consideration on his face, and then he took a breath.

"I am Prince Jorg Telin, son of the Duke Telin and heir to the throne of Mallian." The man in front of them visibly tensed, his face colored with shock as he opened his mouth to speak and one knee bent as he went to kneel.

"My Prince, I had no Ide-"​

Jorg visibly cringed as the man knelt before him. "It's alright. It's..."

Lips thinned.

"This is my Betrothed, she is carrying my child, and I need you to help us get to Mallian." Once again the man looked up at Jorg. His reputation two years ago had been...well had been that of a man who would not be tied down. Those rumors likely swirled among the taverns and everywhere.

He had always been popular with the people, especially the mercenaries. It was why he had been able to join the Band so easily. They had practically welcomed him with open arms.

"Of course, my Prince. There are only four of us left, and the merchants of course but they will understand."​

There was a clear discomfort in Jorg every time the man said 'My Prince', but he bore it with the dignity it was due. "Alright. No one needs to go with, this will be dangerous, and the road ahead is safer to travel than the way back to Mallian."

"My men will follow, your Majesty."​

The man nodded his head, then stood, lingering for a moment before offering an odd salute and rushing back towards the Caravan.

Silver leaned into that warmth and comforting reassurance. She felt safe with him, knew that he'd protect her at all costs, but her father wouldn't be ill prepared, he'd be tracking her and he'd know which weapons to use and which traps to set.

She hardly registered the conversation between Jorg and the mercenary, though she felt Jorg's discomfort as the man knelt before him, and she offered her own reassurance by sliding an arm around his lower back. She offered the man a weak smile when he caught her eye, and the moment he had left she curled into Jorg's side and buried her face against his chest.

"I'm sorry. I should never have brought this trouble to your people. Already three of them have died for my sake." her chest ached at the thought, but anger burned in it's wake and she looked up at him with pure rage in her eyes, the wolf's eyes.

"We need to turn the tables. We need to hunt them and find them before they find us. It's the only way we'll be safe."

• Popcorn
Jorg seemed to hesitate a moment.

He had never much liked taking command. The thought of others throwing their lives away for him made him...uneasy. There was something about it that simply did not sit well. Power over others felt...wrong, but in that moment he understood.

The impulse to protect his love, his family, was more than anything he had ever experience before.

He would throw away his own life and a dozen more to make sure that Silver survived. To make sure that their family kept going. A breath filled his lungs, and slowly he glanced over towards the men that had gathered. A few of them looked at him.

The awe was obvious in their faces. "You're right."

He told her softly.

"And I know how to do it." Jorg had been a soldier once, a mercenary working within the Wilds. He knew things that her family didn't, that those not native to the Wilds would never understand. "We have to go through the Wilds."

It would be the only way.

• Nervous
Silver watched the way the men looked at Jorg, and wilted slightly as their eyes then shifted to her and lowered to her belly, understanding that she was the one the travellers had been hunting for, she was the one who they'd slaughtered three of their men to find. Though they didn't look angry, Silver could only stare back at them in mute apology in the hope that they knew how sorry she was.

She looked up at Jorg as he spoke and gave a light nod, but Silver had never experienced the Wilds, and by the way the men shifted uncomfortably and exchanged worried glances, she realised the weight behind his words. "Whatever will be the least cost, my love." she said quietly, the look in her eyes one that sought to ensure that he was not being reckless. She knew Jorg would do whatever it took to protect her and their unborn child, she only hoped it wouldn't cost any more men their lives.

• Stressed
Jorg offered Silver a gentle squeeze, then guided the both of them towards where the men were standing.

Three of them were dressed in rich finery, the other three wore similar armor to the Guard which had first greeted them. As Jorg approached two of the Guards offered the same salute the first had, the third simply took a short bow. None of the finely dressed men offered anything of the sort.

"My Lord."

Jorg cringed.

"The four of us will be accompanying you. This is Thron and Alrin, brothers from Mallian. This is Ken, he's from the Blight originally, but a good lad."

He smiled for a moment. Three from Mallian, one from the Blight. At least they would be able to handle themselves. "Thank you. But I want to make clear that this will be dangerous. My beloved and I are being hunted, and I intend to become the hunter."

The four men all looked at each other, a smile touching their faces.

Jorg was about to add on, telling them there would be no Ill will if they chose not to follow, but before he could the man spoke again.

"We will see you and your Betrothed back to Mallian, My Prince. Or let Mallia take us as her wolven guardians."

The words sent a chill down Jorg's spine.

It was a declaration of loyalty, of dedication to the task at hand. The phrase was not common in Mallian, not anymore, for the oath was said to be stronger than others.

With his and Silvers...condition, Jorg almost wanted to laugh.

• Haha
Silver offered a short, polite nod to each of the men in turn as they were introduced, noting how they smiled as their gazes drifted toward the swell of her stomach that her hand rested protectively upon. She looked up at Jorg as he spoke, a smile radiating her pride at his words. It surprised her to see the other men smile too, and her worries eased to know that they would not only help, but that they seemed to take pleasure in the hunt.

Her head tilted slightly at the response, her lips twitching as she avoided the urge to grin at the vow. Her throat cleared and she dipped her chin. "Thank you..All of you. We won't forget this." she smiled warmly.

• Sip
It wasn't long before the small party set out.

Jorg issued some apologies to the Merchants, telling them to contact the Baron in the next town and he would see to their care. Not long after that they were headed down the road, Jorg searching the reaches of the Wilds on the left for a good place to enter the thick jungle.

As they went Jorg chatted with the lead soldier.

They spoke about Mallian, how the city was, how his parents were faring, and how much things had changed since his absence. He was glad to find happy answers for most every question, though his eyebrows did raise when he learned that one of his sisters had apparently been embroiled in a scandal. Supposedly she had slapped a woman for denigrating the family.

Eventually they found what Jorg was looking for.

He called for a stop on the road, frowning as he glanced down a small path which led into the Wilds. It was barely noticeable, but Jorg could see the sign. It was a hunters path. "Last chance."

Jorg offered the soldiers.

The only answer he received was all three of them stepping onto the path and heading into the thick jungle ahead. Jorg smiled, then leaned over to Silver.

"Don't touch anything with bright colors. Don't eat anything unless I give it to you, and…" He frowned. "Watch out for vines. They can sometimes be snakes."

The Wilds was a dangerous place to travel through, but this was the only way to catch her family by surprise.

• Nervous
She looked up at Jorg, frowning as she took in his warnings and nodding in understanding. The mention of the snakes however had her looking down at her feet, and she opted to mount Raksha rather than walk.

Silver was in awe with her surroundings as they ventured deeper into the jungle. She had never seen plants and trees like these, never heard the sounds of the birds and insects that dwelled here, never smelled so many alien things, the perfumes of various flora and fruits on the air interrupted every so often by a scurrying animal.

They went on for hours until the sun had fallen lower, casting the golden hour light through the wilds, when Silver tugged back on Raksha's reins and paused. She pulled in a breath, catching the scent of something, though more noticeable was that the birds and insects seemed to have gone silent in the area..

Jorg had walked quietly alongside Raksha for the entirety of the journey.

The other three soldiers had been silent for most of their journey, all of them knowing that sound in the Wilds was as important as any other sense. The party had moved onward until twilight began to spill through the trees.

A pale orange light drifted through the canopy, and things had become noticeably more quiet. "Wait."

Jorg hissed quietly at the three soldiers. All of them instantly came to a stop, glancing back towards their two charges. Confusion flickered over their features, but none of them questioned the command. Jorg looked up at Silver.

"Do you smell that?" He asked Silver softly, sniffing the air.

The scent wasn't natural, not to the Wilds.

Silver nodded, not taking her eyes off of the road ahead as she drew in the scents. There were horses, which she assumed did not belong in the wilds. There was woodsmoke, and blood, and humans...

"A camp.. It's not far off.." he murmured quietly, paying no heed to the men as they looked at her and exchanged confused glances between themselves. She looked down at Jorg, a brow lifting as she waited on his instruction.

• Nervous
Jorg took in a quiet, slow breath. His eyes closed and he motioned for the others to come closer. "It's time."

He told them quietly.

A part of him was still weary. He had never liked taking lives from others. Killing those who went against him was one thing, a fight was one thing, but ordering men to die for him? That would never settle right within his stomach.

"There's a camp up ahead." The men looked amongst one another. "Travelers. The ones that attacked you likely."

He looked towards Silver. "We're going to take them."

The men seemed weary, but none of them offered any objection. Jorg took in a another short breath, then slowly began to give out a small detailed plan. They would separate, each of the soldiers to surround the camp while Silver and He approached from the back.

From there...from there they would have to see.

Within a few moments Silver and Jorg were once again alone, the soldiers having fanned out through the thick jungle grove. "Are you ready?"

He asked softly, his hand drifting over her thigh.

In front of the men, Silver remained expressionless and unperturbed. But alone with Jorg and faced with his question she looked to him, not bothering to hide the fear in her eyes, knowing fine well he'd scent it and feel it regardless. She knew these people, her father was one of them, her uncles, her friends, a family she'd grown up with. They were but a small hunting party, there would be no women nor children amongst them but if things went according to plan, there would be fathers, husbands and brothers not returning home to their families.

It was this, or risk not only her own life, but Jorg's life and the life of their child. If her father had come this far to find her, he wouldn't stop. He was leaving her no choice, and she'd already tried to talk to him, to her brother.. He'd already put an arrow in her that had been intended on ending her life, because she wasn't his daughter any more, not in his eyes. She was a monster to be killed for the safety of the rest of their people, and she was about to prove them right.

She slipped down from her saddle and looked up at Jorg, drawing a long breath and nodding slowly. She would have to be ready, there was no choice in the matter. "Please be careful." she frowned gently. "They know what hurts us." she warned, and tied Raksha's reins to the trunk of a tall palm.

"Lets go.."

• Sip