Private Tales Going home..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Silver Romani

The Afflicted
Character Biography
Link
"I like this town.." Silver smiled from their room window over the view they had over the market square, where the stalls sat like a cluster of old hens amongst the morning bustle. Her gaze was settled upon the female dancers who had gathered themselves a small crowd on the corner already and her lips curled at the memory of days past and the crowds that had gathered for her.

She wore only a sheet tied around her chest, and her fiery hair was a tousled mess that tumbled down the olive skin of her back. She looked over her shoulder at the one she'd left in the large four-poster bed, a warm smile on her lips. "Perhaps we should stay here." she suggested to Jorg with a smirk. A joke, of course. The closer they got to his home land, the more nervous Silver grew of meeting his family.

She shrugged a shoulder as she turned her attention back to the busy street outside. She would savour the next three days in luxury, of a comfortable bed, a hearth and cooked meals, a bath. She was a born traveller, but even Silver appreciated the reprieve of some home comforts. They had gone weeks without sign of those who had hunted them, beast nor man, and so she hoped that they had given up their pursuit the further they had travelled.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Jorg
Jorg pulled himself from the four corner bed, his feet landing on the exquisite wooden floor as he made his way slowly over towards Silver.

The village they found themselves in was called Villen. It was a crossroad town, situated on the edges of the Wylds. The people here were friendly, and Jorg had traveled through with the Band on more than one occasion. The innkeeper had even recognized him when they'd stepped through the door, much to Silver's surprise.

As he came up behind her Silver would feel Jorg's hands gently settle on her hips.

His digits dug in there for just a second, a gentle press before they slowly slid over her abdomen and across her belly. He tugged her close, his chin coming down to rest upon her shoulders. "Not a bad place to get caught up in."

He mused.

"Plus there's the harvest festival coming up." Lips softly pressed against her neck as he whispered. "I hear it's quite exciting."

Jorg played along with the brief fantasy she'd floated, a slight tinge of nerves running through him as well at the thought of finally being home. It had been nearly two years now, and in less than a week they would stand at the gates of Mallian.

Silver let out a deep sigh as she settled back against him, her hands settling on his atop her swollen belly. As anxious as she felt, she was desperate to just, stop moving. To have a home where their child would be safe. She supposed it was some maternal nesting instinct she hadn't been aware that she had.

"Hm." she laughed under her breath.. "It sounds like it.." she sighed, her eyes closing at the feel of his kiss on her neck. "At least we know that if we need to escape, this place isn't too far away.." she grinned and turned around in his embrace so that she could stand up on her tiptoes and kiss him softly. The moment she did, the door knocked and Silver beckoned the kitchen boy behind it to come in. The boy set down a tray on the table, bid them good morning, and left.

The smell of blood caught her senses and Silver growled quietly with hunger. "At least they know better than to question a woman's cravings.." she smirked as she looked over the plate of raw and bloody meat, next to Jorg's cooked breakfast.

• Smug
Jorg held her for a moment more, knowing just as well as the Kitchen did not do keep his love from the plate of bloody food. He half turned, shifting so that he stood to her side. His hand came down across her skin in a possessive touch. "I'd hate to see the consequence if they didn't."

He mused for a second, planting another soft kiss on her cheek.

"Eat." At times what they were at become almost ordinary. Over the months they had wrestled more and more with the beasts inside. The bargain was still there, always looming, but with it now came an understanding.

No longer was it the Wolf and Jorg. The line between them had blurred. All there was now was a sense of protectiveness. Of needing to keep Silver and their child safe. It was an urge that came as naturally as the need to breathe. "You'll need your strength."

He said with a smirk, urging her towards the table.

Silver's lips tugged into a smirk at the thought. Her hunger had been almost insatiable over the past few months and there was nothing that would have stood in her way when it took hold. She nodded at him and laughed under her breath. Yes, with Jorg, she always needed her strength.

She had been about to reach for a cut of meat before she stopped herself with a groan and sat herself down , reaching instead for the fork and knife. Jorg's family were Royalty, and over the months she had tried her best to learn all she could about the etiquette of living in a palace. Jorg had taught her much on the road, even reading was starting to come a little easier to her.

Silver ate as politely as she could despite what she was eating, and her brow quirked a she studied a dripping piece of raw venison.. "I doubt your parents are going to be without questions.." she pursed her lips with a snort.

• Popcorn
"I'm sure they'll have many." Too many.

Half for him, half for Silver, and then more on top of that for the both of them. He had originally set out from home two years ago, and after that had not returned because of his...affliction. Jorg hadn't always intended to go back, but now that he was with Silver?

It seemed right in a way. Especially with a child on the way. He smiled at her briefly, stepping over towards the table and kissing the top of her head.

It had always been difficult to keep his hands off of her, but now it was all but impossible. He wanted to be near her, close to her. The urge to never let her out of his sight more powerful than he could put into words. "My father will be ecstatic no matter what."

He knew his old man well enough to say.

"My mother will...well." Jorg shook his head. "Like I said. She always said I needed someone to lash a rope around my neck."

Another soft kiss as he stroked her hair, and then he took his seat opposite her.

Her stomach twinged nervously at that, but she nodded. She knew as much. She just didn't want them to turn them away. Her own father had opted to have her killed, to put her out of her misery and protect the rest of their people. He had never been a particularly kind man, but she understood those who would see fit to kill someone like her, or Jorg. The second her father had found out about her affliction, she'd been dead in his eyes.

She smirked at his words, and swallowed before she spoke hesitantly. "I keep dreaming that they take him away from me. That they throw me in a cage and I have to watch him grow through the bars in the window.." she chewed on the inside of her cheek, her hand idly trailing over her stomach. She didn't know how the taint in their blood would affect their child, whether it, or 'he' as she had continually dreamt, would be born human or if he too would share their affliction. If he did, it put him in danger from the very beginning, and even the idea of that had her blood boiling with rage.

"I know I'm being silly. I can't help it." she sighed.

• Stressed
Jorg frowned for a moment, pausing a moment. "I won't ever let that happen."

Nor would his parents ever do such a thing. Even if they learned what he was...what they were...he couldn't believe that they would throw him in a cage. His mother had always been fierce, overbearing, but...never cruel. Not once.

And his father? His father would move mountains to ensure that all of his children were safe. He would do the same for his grandchild. Even if the whole city turned against him.

He'd told Silver as much, they both knew it, but that didn't make insecurity simply float away. A moment passed, and then he reached over the table and gentle took her hand.

"I would burn Mallian...the whole Wylds to the ground before I let anything take you, or our child away." His voice was firm. Confident. "You belong with me."

Nowhere else.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Silver Romani
Silver looked down at his hand as he took hers and her gaze narrowed with a warm smile. "Yes.. I do. And I know that." she sighed and laced their fingers together. "Just nervous." she nodded. "Anyway, lets not waste more time on our worries.." she smiled.

"Eat..." she told him with a light smirk.. "You'll need your energy." she chuckled under her breath and returned to her plate.

• Ctuhlu senpai
He smiled. "Will I now?"

Jorg glanced outside the window for a few moments, as if searching for the sun, after a few seconds he turned back towards her.

"Well, I suppose we have some time..and I could use a bath." His thumb gently traced over her knuckles for a brief moment, and then he drew back to begin on his own meal. Unlike Silver's, his was actually cooked.

He was looking forward to the day.

Not because of anything in particular, but because it would be...ordinary. No running, no hiding, no searching for a place to bed down into for the night. Just a normal day.

With her.

• Cthuulove
Her white teeth flashed in a quick smile at his need for clarification, to which she only rose her eyes and quirked a brow to him before finishing off her breakfast.

The days had plenty to be filled with during their stay here. They had time to relax together, to sleep and bathe and enjoy one another. They would visit the market stalls and watch the street entertainers and visit the finest establishments to eat and drink, and spend time by the nearby lake. It'd been everything she'd needed to recuperate and rid the stresses from her mind.

The third day came quickly, and Silver lay soaking in a hot bath brimming with bubbles, listening to the music in the square outside. Jorg was taking her to some elegant soiree hosted by some Baron of something somewhat, and so she would strive to look her best.

• Smug
Jorg stepped into the room, door closing behind him.

Draped over his arm was a dress, one that Silver had picked out the day before. The Tailor had just finished it an hour ago, and he'd gone to get it while she bathed. He brought it over to the bed, carefully laying it out before slowly taking a few steps over towards her.

"Excited?" He asked, stepping over towards the bath and crouching down alongside it with a smile. His hand coming up to stroke through her hair, fingers drifting through crimson locks of hair.

His eyes were filled with a dozen different emotions, his scent a mixture of the same. "I think it's going to be quite the night."

He reached over, gently grasping her chin and drawing her lips to his.

• Cthuulove
She looked up as he stepped into the room. It was like some tension lifted, some unease that settled in her very bones at his absence simply vanished, instantly mollified by his return. She had described whatever bond lay between them as a thread, one that she could feel physically pull between them that distance made uncomfortable, but drawn back together all was as it should have been.

"Hm." she smiled, her eyes wandering over his face as he crouched beside her and attentively stroked at her hair. "Yes..If a little nervous.." she answered against his lips, kissing him softly and letting it linger on as she drew a long breath and let it out as she broke contact. "Should give me a little practice at playing Princess." she smirked, a wet hand reaching to drag her fingers affectionately down his face.

• Smug
His fingers slowly floated through her hair, dragging through red locks. "I suppose it will."

He mused.

Jorg knew that his mother had always wanted him to marry into royalty, but that had hardly ever mattered to him. As far as he was concerned Silver was the perfect fit in every way. A smile drew across his face as she touched his lips.

His other hand drew softly over her cheek and across her jaw, gently slipping down her neck. Thumb tracing softly over her throat before his hand dipped beneath the water.

"I think I know how I can ease some of those nerves though." He said with a slow smirk, drawing his lips over hers.

She let out a shuddered breath at the gentle caress of his thumb over her neck, her throat, that spot where he'd marked her as his. A subtle reminder that sent a shudder of pride and desire coursing through her straight to her very core. A breath caught in her throat as his hand dipped into the water and she let out a soft moan of approval against his lips as her legs parted with invitation.

Ease her tension he did. By the time he was through she was numb with pleasure and her face was flushed. She would repay the favour later.

Silver's dress was both befitting of royalty, and of her gypsy heritage. A long, emerald gown that glittered with gold embroidery, tailored to follow the curves of her body and cut low with beads that draped down her shoulders and her bare back. Her lips had been painted a deep red and she wore charcoal around her eyes, her crimson hair pulled around her shoulder in a loose braid, a few stray curls framing her face.

"There's no hiding it now." she murmured, a hand smoothing over the bump she carried with a small smile as she looked at herself in the mirror.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Jorg slipped on his coat behind her. "No, I suppose there's not."

It was, probably the largest question that they would have to answer. Also the thing that would endear his mother immediately. That and a wedding ring. For a moment he stalled at the thought, and then shook himself as he adjusted the braid of his hair.

He stepped up behind her and kissed her cheek. "Ready?"

There was nothing to be "late" for. The party would be going in for several hours at the least, and since they were the guests of honor things wouldn't really start until they arrived anyway. Though he supposed the Baron would likely appreciate punctuality.

"You look beautiful." Jorg said softly, kissing her cheek again and taking a small breath.

• Cthuulove
Silver’s eyes closed with a warm smile as he kissed her cheek. “Thank you.” she smirked and turned to him, fixing his collar with a soft growl.

“You scrub up not too badly yourself, Your Grace.” she quirked a brow and stood up onto her tiptoes to cup his cheek as she returned a kiss to the other.

She pulled in a deep breath and nodded, assuring herself. She had been to several soirées like these, but as a thief posing as nobility. She was a fair actress, but now she was to be herself just, a little more polished. Now she had to try and fit in with these people and try her very best not to let the gypsy or the wolf shine through.

She gave him a little (practised) curtsy and snaked her hand through his arm, her chin lifting a little. “Ready.” she nodded firmly.

• Popcorn
He smiled slightly. "I'm not sure I look forward to hearing that all day again."

Jorg had never quite liked being the Royal in his group of friends. It had taken him ages to convince them just to call him by his name, and even then they had immediately flipped back to his titles when they were anywhere near the palace.

He couldn't blame them of course, if anyone heard them not doing it they would have been punished. It had been annoying.

"I prefer the other title." Jorg said with a mischievous grin as he quickly stepped forward and began to lead Silver out the door. The inn was surprisingly quiet, likely because most people were out for the festival.

The Innkeeper was running around in the kitchen, offering only a curt wave as Jorg and Silver made their way outside.

It was practically electric within the town. The air was filled with the scent of cooking food and sweet rolls. Music played and surrounded them. Men and women danced, talked, and drank. As Jorg and Silver made their way people parted, offering bows, smiles, and waves.

Ahead lay the Baron's estate. It was the largest building in the town, surrounded by a low stone wall designed more for it's beauty than defensive value. At the gate was a greeter holding a simple parchment, no guards barring the way.

• Smug
Silver's cheeks warmed and she bit down on her lip to refrain from grinning as she walked with him. She offered polite smiles to those who paid any heed, her fingers lacing together over his forearm. She looked up at him as they approached the Baron's estate, looking for some form of reassurance.

"Good evening. Welcome to Baron Harvey's estate." the man politely chirped with a deep bow. Silver paused to dip her chin with a curtsy in response, a warm smile on her lips. "Might I please have your names?" he asked as he lifted the parchment in front of him.

• Popcorn
His fingers gently squeezed Silver's, a quiet reassurance as they stepped up to the man. "Prince Jorg Telin."

The man looked down at his board, then up at Jorg with a doubletake as he realized that he was not in fact, joking. He coughed, and then cleared his throat.

"Yes of course My Lord, apologies."

"No need." Jorg said with a smile and a slight wave. The Parchment shifted and rolled up, and the man quickly motioned for Silver and Jorg to move inside. Back in Mallian he would be required to be announced, but this wasn't home.

It was a sleepy country village.

Though the thought did remind him, he would have to ask Silver before they reached the City. If only so they had an answer ready.

It only took them a short while to reach the steps of the manor, the front doors already open and a cast of brilliant light reaching out from the doors. Soft slow music played, the foyer opening up into a massive ball room. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling illuminated with mage light, food was laid out on a table in one corner of the room, a bar standing at it's side.

Dozens of people danced and milled about, some talking others just watching. As they stepped inside Jorg looked over them all, his stance fit for a King.

• Cthuulove
Silver remained quiet as Jorg spoke, her gaze wandering over the impressive manor and it's grounds, her senses running wild with the mingled scents and murmur of voices from inside. It was odd to hear him address himself with his titles. It wasn't how she'd gotten to know him, as a Prince, and she would need to get used to addressing him properly in the company of others when they made it to Mallian. He had her respect, in every way possible, but he had never expected such formalities from her.

There was a brief hush as they stepped inside, many eyes settling on them, some obviously recognising Jorg and giving a not so subtle whisper to whomever was stood next to them as their gaze fell on her and then, on her stomach. Silver lifted her chin slightly as she felt her nerves start to crack, one hand subconsciously settling on her swollen belly protectively as she felt their lingering gazes.

As they moved inside, Silver tried not to look as out of place as she felt amongst the finery of the manor, her gaze drifting around the elegant, grand ballroom in awe.

"Prince Jorg of Mallian!" a male voice rose above the din of the crowd as he approached them. By the way he had to shake off a small crowd of bootlickers, she had to assume it was the Baron, and a dashing one at that.

• Popcorn
His fingers tightened on her once again, a soft squeeze as he gently tugged her tighter against his side. He could still catch her scent, even intermingled with the dozens of others in the room. It was pleasant, calming, and the only reason he wasn't screaming about how he hated these fucking things.

"Baron." Jorg said in greeting, smiling as looking at Silver for a moment.

"Haha no need for that my man, We know each other better than that."​

He knew the man by name, having met him once or twice in the past. Jorg had met him more than once, the last time being when he'd still been with the Band. "Elric, let me introduce my beloved. Silver Romani."

Soon to be more.

The man smiled, reaching for Silver's hand to kiss her knuckles.

"You are most most welcome, anyone who is a friend of Jorg's is a friend of mine, and anyone he loves I shall defend to the death."
Elric had always been a bit dramatic.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
She couldn't help but flinch slightly at the mention of her last name. It was so very obviously a gypsy name, one of the oldest in fact. It was certainly not the name of a high born girl, at least not outside the circles of her people. Within it however, it was respected. Here, she wasn't so sure.

Silver flashed a radiant smile as the Baron took her hand in his, displaying her practised curtsy as his lips grazed her knuckles. She laughed under her breath at his promise to defend her and glanced up at Jorg with the amusement. "It's a pleasure to meet you My Lord." she answered softly.

"Thank you for your invitation, I'm glad that we were passing through." she nodded.

• Sip
"As am I, my dear! As am I! It has been far too long since I've seen my friend."​

Jorg smiled, glancing at Silver for a few seconds before turning back to look at Elric who was practically beaming with joy. The man had always been excitable, though behind him he could see the buzzards circling and waiting to speak with him.

"Have you had any news of Mallian?" He asked. "I haven't been home in some time."

Elric looked at his friend for a moment, then straightened a bit as he leaned into Jorg. His voice was lower now, but loud enough for Silver and Jorg to hear.

"It's good that you're returning. Some of the Merchant Houses have been...whispering since you disappeared. Saying your father is losing his grip."​

Jorg frowned for a moment, his fingers tightening. "Ah."

Perhaps it was a good time to come home, if only for a few weeks.

He looked at his friend, then to Silver for a moment. He suppressed the politics playing in his mind and instead slipped an arm around the small of his lovers back.

"Well, no need to speak of that now." Jorg said with a smile. "You'll have to excuse me Elric. I have a beautiful woman to ply with alcohol, food, and dances."

The Baron grinned widely.

"Please, my friend, please. Enjoy this night. I would have nothing less."​

• Cthuulove
Silver looked between the men as they spoke, her gaze falling at the sensitive nature of their conversation. She gave a subtle squeeze at Jorg's arm, and offered another polite smile to the Baron before she was led away.

"I don't think I'm in any fit state for alcohol.." she smirked and looked up at him, her gaze softening slightly. "I am sure it's nothing.." she commented on what Elric had said about his father.

"Now. Are you certain you want to dance with a gypsy?" she asked, her voice low. "Settlers never fair well.." she mused.

• Popcorn