Open Chronicles From the Inside, Looking Out

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"It will be done, my lord."

And with that, the most critical matters of their gathering had been adjourned. The city was to be taken - unspoiled.

Though of course there were other matters that could be discussed now was a time for a recess. He'd already noticed Jerik depart to go sit on the steps outside, and so Ashuanar motioned to one of his men who stood vigilantly at attention nearby. He came near, and Ashuanar handed him a letter.

It was addressed to Vizier of the Imperial Navy. Little would one know it was of a more personal discourse.

"Show him great respect, brother."

The tall Abtati nodded his head, and departed to approach the Vizier when the time seemed appropriate...

Maho 'Jerik' Sparhawk

At this point, Jerik had already left the room.

He knew that whatever was needed of him, would be - like always - asked of him. He found it simpler to be told his task, and to execute it, than to get involved in the discussions surrounding it. Whatever they needed to be done, would be done. Or he'd die trying.

He'd fallen asleep on the steps. Must've been there for thirty minutes whilst they deliberated and spoke about terms of office. His dream was interesting to be sure, but when he awoke, he was approached by a robed man, handing him a letter.

"My lord," he said humbly, "I have been instructed to deliver you this. Forgive my intrusion on your time."

The Letter.

"I shall leave your Service, My Lo-"

"No, no. Stay there one moment."

As he opened it, and began to trace its contents, he began to grin. He'd been waiting for a task he could complete on his own, without having to be part of a group or legion; a task he could do under his own discretion, with his own methods. Reminded him of the days when he used to drift from town to town, completing whatever quest was needed to pay for his next meal.

He slipped the letter into his robe.

"Tell the Vizier of the Imperial Army, that I leave tonight."