Letters The Problem of Paranoia

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Ashuanar

Vizier of the Red Sun
Character Biography
Link
A tall man, robed in garb of the Tribe of Mari'kuul, approached Maho sternly. As he came close, he offered a respectful bow and offered him this letter.

"My lord," he said humbly, "I have been instructed to deliver you this. Forgive my intrusion on your time."

Closed neatly, sealed with Vizier Ashuanar's crest.
May the sands rise, Vizier,

It is with no lack of respect that I would write to you, and would like to first and formally thank you. If not for your aid in Ragash, I would likely not be here to serve today.

However, there is another matter for which I have written you, and that is the matter of some of the Empires "friends." Though there are those like you and I who know and see the Emperor's ultimate authority, there are those who - at least I am without doubt - would seek to undermine him. Specifically, the nation of Men to the east.

Vel Anir.

Careful are the eyes of the Empire, and as Vizier I have commissioned many scouts and patrols to monitor our borders, but theirs as well. Times are perilous, and the Empire is still on uncertain ground.

As the army marches north to claim Salitra, I would expect their eyes to primarily fall there, as it is no small conquest. This is where I would ask of you, a favor. There is no other I would imagine capable of such a task, but I also ask it of you humbly - and without expectation.

Go to Vel Anir. The Noble Houses are known to be treacherous, and it is only a matter of time before their greed will lead to war. I would seek to know their true aim, and/or anything else that could turn to our advantage.

But, I implore you: My request, if you choose to accept, is a truly dangerous one. I would be stricken to hear of your demise - please, take great care.

Sincerest Regards,

Ashuanar