Private Tales Fire and Water

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Despite the heat his touch didn't burn. It was pleasant and as they trailed in patterns across her skin it blazed a cool trail in his wake that sent goosebumps up her skin. She took another sip of her wine and ran her tongue across her upper lip to catch a droplet of the red liquid. His voice was surprisingly soft for a man of fire and oddly reminded her of the depths of the ocean rather than fields of lava. She rested her cheek in her hand as she listened, watching his expression through half lidded eyes.

She swirled her glass once he was finished.

"You are a collector of fine things, that anyone can see," her eyes briefly glanced towards the warm glow of his inner sanctum. "But I have to wonder if you also simply collect women," her eyebrow rose. She of course knew about his man wives. She also knew he never saw them. But she also knew he lavished his attention on women. Medja had warned her of such and he had barged into her closest friends room and boldly claimed his desires for her.

There was a growing storm in her eyes as she looked at him over the rim of her glass this time.

• Devil
Reactions: Gerra
A storm on the horizon, yet he rowed ahead, heedless.

"No," he rumbled, "They are not mine to collect." He snorted derisively, "Nor do I keep a tally of notches on my bedpost"

He let the patterns he traced into her calf take his whispering fingers upward, the callouses slightly rough against her, passing over the bend of her knee and onto her thigh. Hard muscle lay beneath the soft skin. He knew it would be wise to tread carefully. These were dangerous waters.

"You will note that I do not keep a menagerie of animals for my amusement either. I am a collector of things, but not living things. If I took a songbird out of its habitat it would no longer possess what made it special. Its song would not ring as clear or musical."

An eyebrow rose.

"Perhaps you think me a liar, for I have many wives. Well, know that they were all married or promised to the sultans and princes I overthrew. I gave them a choice: they could leave the palaces, or they could marry me. Not for pleasure or love, but for continuity of rule. In exchange they get to continue to lead their lavish lives, whilst the blood ties keep the nobles and the tribes happy. Some I care for, yes. But I am not keeping tally. I collect what you see in my chambers for my own pleasure. These wives I marry out of responsibility to the realm- no, don't laugh. Without the marriage ties there would be unrest. It is the way of things here."

• Devil
Reactions: Noelani
Lani briefly wondered, as his hand crept from to the taut muscle of her thigh, who would reach the dagger that nestled there first.

She wanted to disagree with him but in truth she probably understood more than most as he spoke of the need for marriage to harbour stability and strength between one people and another. The storm quietened a little and she lowered her eyes to the goblet in her hands. The ruby waves churned as she swirled it.

"For that, I would not laugh at you," her words were soft and lost in a thought but she seemed to rouse herself from it a moment later, the frown that had begun to mar her brow banished. Another question had clearly taken precedence. "Do you still desire Nymeasha?"

• Devil
He wondered what she had been thinking, though her next words seemed to reveal it. Gerra had heard the two of them were close, like sisters. And after what he had told her earlier, well, it was surprising he did not have a dagger through his wandering hand.

The emperor did not reply at first, choosing his words carefully, as he always did. They dripped from his mouth like the slow pour of molasses, rich and smooth.

"As one might desire to taste an exotic food... that one is allergic to. An experience, but one denied."

Red-orange eyes narrowed slightly.

"Does it bother you, that a man could seek so many experiences?"

• Sip
Now it was her turn to consider hers. Much like with politics matters of the bedroom needed to be handled delicately.

"No," she would be a hypocrite if it did bother her. She knew her father would have preferred for his youngest daughter to choose only the marriage bed but he was at least modern enough to recognise that was not the way of things. Even so, a Princess had to be more careful than most who they allowed into her bed.

"But I do not like to..." her eyes raised to the skies as if the twinkling stars might help guide her tongue. "Warm the bed for friends to slip into," she would always choose her friendships over a casual bed fellow and other women did tend to get emotionally attacked. Especially to men who seemed unchangeable or held power. As such she tried to avoid men that her friends were likely to seek out in the night.

• Devil
"Well," he rumbled, sparks of mischief flaring in his eyes like fiery motes from a forge. "As delightful as it is to be shared, you've little fear of that. The princess has another, who is dear to me - as I said. I would not ruin his affair, nor would she let me."

His hand lightly stroked upward, nearer her hip, with a soft rustle of her dress.

"Such contemplation. You truly give thought to who sees your... patterns."

The angle of his own neck revealed the web of black tattoos that arced upward from his chest in solid blocks of ancient runic lettering, unreadable to any but those well versed in dead tongues.

"As do I."

• Thoughtful
Lani's lips pressed into a thin line at the mere thought of the man her friend had chosen as her bed companion. Yes, most definitely wise to stay away from him a little while longer while her anger subsided. Not that she would imagine Nym's reaction to where exactly she found herself would be any better, the man had threatened her and left a hand print in her arm. Her eyes flicked to his hand as it came to rest upon her hip and she swirled her wine in a more played up version of the contemplation he accused her of, resisting the urge to smile and break the illusion.

"I learnt a while ago that rulers in particular have to be careful with who they choose," her eyes lifted not to the marks upon his skin. Genuine fascination crossed her face as he inadvertently touched upon one of her more hidden hobbies. Languages intrigued her and in her spare moments were what she chose to occupy herself with. This was not one she recognised. There was no hesitation, no fear in her as she moved closer to give them her full attention. If she hadn't thought she could defend herself against a fire giant she most certainly would not have gone wondering into his lair like a lamb to slaughter.

Her fingers were feather light and as cool as a mountain spring as they grazed across his skin to trace the patterns. Her eyes followed where her fingers roved, captivated by the bold lines and the secrets hidden within.

"What does it say?"

• Devil
The black thawb he wore was loose and made of thin silk, soft and yielding to the touch - unlike the hard ridges of his neck and chest. Her mere touch sent a shiver through him.

He set his wine down.

“Can’t you read it?” he said, words low as of a faint breeze.

The hand on her hip whispered lower.

“Come a little closer then.”

• Cthulhoo rage
Lani stiffened ever so slightly as his hands trailed lower and the sapphires about her throat and wrists glowed faintly and a serpent of water wound it's way around his wrist and tightened slightly, barring any further decent down her skin. Her eyebrows rose as she met his eyes.

"Using my interests against me," despite the simmering storm there was a thread of amusement, a hint of playfulness. She did however scooch closer so that she could have lent her shoulder against his chest easily, shifting on to her knees so that she could inspect the tattoo more closely. She thought she could understand a little but...

"It's not one I'm familiar with unfortunately, so what does it say?" The water serpent released his hand and curled back around Lanis upper arm like a bracelet.

• Devil
That water that snaked around his arm felt cold as ice and he froze in response, barely managing to prevent a tremble from the chill as goosebumps rippled up his arm. The rope of water disappeared as quickly as it had come, but he could still feel the icy touch lingering on his skin.

And yet she leaned in, investigating the tattoos around his neck.

“They are wards of power in a tongue as old as the Abtati pharaohs. Protection from assaults on my mind or emotions. Written in ink blessed by a priest.”

He let his hand continue to rest on her hip, thumb stroking idly.

• Devil
"Perhaps we need to add one for water," she mused, fingers still tracing the lines. She wished she had a piece of parchment so she could write it down and decipher it herself later but if she accepted the vizier position it would be a fundamental error. If she could decipher it someone else could and it would leave him more vulnerable.

"I suppose," she lifted the hair from her neck and turned so her back was to him. "As you showed me yours," she tugged her top up at the back so reveal the bulk of her tattoo. The tiny delicate swirls that looked like waves actually came together to reveal a full image of a Kelpie. The near mythical creature was often sighted around her isles. It wound down her spine and disappeared below the waistline of her skirt.

• Devil
Calloused fingers traced the swirling lines on her back, admiring the detail that went in to every inch.

“A horse of the sea,” he murmured.

He placed both hands on her skin, thumbs moving along the groove of her spine all the way down from the blades of her shoulders to the small of her back.

“Exquisite.”

Both hands now rested again on her hips and he pulled her slightly toward him, leaning forward so that his breath tickled the side of her neck.

“Where does it lead?”

• Devil
His touch was surprisingly gentle and she brought her knees up to her chest, looping her arms around them and resting her chin on top. She was pleasantly relaxed and the almost massage he was giving her sent pleasant tingles up and down her spine. His comment, however, made her laugh.

"I wonder what happens to a fire giant when you drown him," a small warning about what she thought of the idea of him investigating that route of thought further, but at the same time a genuine question.

• Devil
"He dies."

She knew the answer as well as he, but there was more than one meaning that could be read into the words. Gerra was not in the habit of explaining his own weaknesses and, in truth, he found himself lost in the feel of her skin.

His hands did not travel further down, but they did rove along her back, exploring the shape of her.

He leaned closer still, nose brushing along the side of her neck, then he kissed her there, wondering if she would taste as she smelled. Like... salt water and coconuts.

Last edited:
  • Devil
Lani let the conversation on the matter die there. Fire was not the kindest element to water users either; realistically this should spell disaster for the pair of them. But still, she was enjoying the massage he had started on her back. She had spent the last few weeks travelling and discussing politics and trade deals, apart from that wonderful night in with the girls. This was a pleasant change of tempo. By the time his nose and lips gently grazed their way across her skin she was feeling far more relaxed than she had been in days. It was a simple thing to take comfort in another's touch.

Her skin tingled at the heat he left behind and the way the cool air soothed each imprint of his lips.

"Is this how you recruit all your viziers?" her voice was heavy with the relaxed state she found herself in and there was nothing accusatory about it. A light jest between two new friends.

• Devil
Another smile peaked at the corners of his mouth, though she could not see it.

"Only sea witches from distant shores," he murmured in her ear.

The massage wandered, testing the limits of her desire for the half-giant's touch.

"So," he rumbled, "Are you going to drown me, or must I be left to imagination?"

• Devil
A soft hum escaped her lips as his hands slid over her body. Despite her strength coming from her magic she possessed the muscles of a warrior - physical strength was transferred into the art of water manipulation. After he asked his question she glanced briefly over her shoulder and gave him a smile that was pure sin. Either way worked for Lani. But she was not a prize so easily won with a view and a few soft words spoken under starlight.

"You know, Kailyn dared me to kiss you at our sleepover. Medja nearly choked on her wine and Nym looked like she might peel the flesh from my bone if I even thought of it," she turned her face back away from him and up to the sky to watch the inky spread of night trail its way across the sky. She was clearly chasing some line of thought before she turned her body more towards him so she might see his face as she asked her next question.

"Women seem to either hate you or love you. My question is what you are you looking for in one?" a tumble in the sheets or something more?

• Devil
An eyebrow rose, both at her words and at the feel of her well-knit muscles beneath his hands. She clearly trained, though Gerra was not such a student of anatomy as to understand whether the rippling flesh along her arms came from practice with a sword, or if the taut lines of her stomach spoke of aerial feats and acrobatics. He only knew that the curves of her figure were pleasing to the touch.

"It depends on what you seek. I would not have another ornamental wife. And sometimes, the best things in life are fleeting moments. The breaching of a great whale."

He kissed the top of her head.

"The song of a nightingale."

His kisses trailed down her neck.

"The setting of the sun."

• Dab
  • Devil
Reactions: Nym and Noelani
Her eyes half closed at the tender kisses down her neck. She was not seeking anything lasting nor public. The princess had no intentions of being what he admitted to not wanting; some ornamental wife. But he would not have been the first ruler to proposition her like so and then force the issue of marriage. It was why she liked to take her time in deciding. Politics was a constantly moving game of chess even when one didn't think they were playing on the board any longer.

A soft sigh escaped her as his lip grazed her collarbone and she gripped his chin in between firm fingers that turned his gaze to hers. The roar of the sea despite being so distant was now a loud symphony around them.

"Do you not fear you will drown?" her question was a husky tease, lips curving for the briefest of moments before she held him in place and claimed his lips with hers.

• Devil
The only answer came in the form of his hands scooping her up and pulling her into his lap. His movements knocked over the goblet and wine splashed everywhere, but Gerra did not seem to notice at all, his only focus on the feel of her lips against him.

He could taste the sea on her, salt mixing with a sweetness, like mangoes, just as she might taste the fire within him, the slight burning sensation as of hot pepper.

Desire built within his chest, like pressure in a caldera. A consuming desire for more of her churned beneath the surface and his veins became like tunnels filled with fire as he came alive.

The fabric of her clothes arrested his hands, preventing him from feeling all of her. A grumble of frustration and need came from him and in a frenzy he pulled at them until they tore off her.

• Cthulhoo rage
A shame about that rug.

She spared the spilt wine no further thought however. Lani wasn't particularly used to people man handling her so when the Emperor scooped her up as if she were nothing she took a sharp intake of breath and her body stiffened. There was a pregnant pause for the full beat of a heart as the man who contained the powers of an inferno and the woman who contained the strength of the sea merely studied one another. Waiting for the other to turn this from a moment of deadly passion into something other.

But the tension eased from her bones and he claimed her lips with his once more. They were hot and demanding on her own as his hands tugged at her skin and clothes in desperation. A soft groan echoed into their kiss as she tasted him like a person might a fine wine. A wine that intoxicated and burned all at once.

She could feel the heat from within him rising and as if in answer the cold depths of the sea rose in her in a clash of elemental personalities. The sound of ripping gave her a split second of a warning before he tore the fabric up her sides of her skirt and top allowing his larger hands the freedom to roam across her bare skin fully now. They clung to her still by the thinnest of threads but were pointless really now.

"I really liked this outfit you know," she murmured as they broke for air.

• Devil
“I’ll buy you a new one,” he chuckled, eyes half-lidded and leonine. “Of Tyrian purple.”

A finger traced along her collarbone.

“And a necklace of white seashells.”

His heart thudded in his chest like the hoofbeats of a galloping horse. The scraps of fabric clinging to her naked figure as she squirmed in his lap made him mad as a shark who caught the whiff of blood.

Of course, he was still fully clothed.

“Unless, you wish to return the favor?”

He looked down, smirking.

• Devil
Even sat with her legs astride his lap she had to tilt her head to look up at him. Instead of that however she bent backwards and rested her weight upon her elbows which were propped up on his knees. It looked like an effortless and lazy gesture that suited the reflection in her eyes of a woman who planned to take all the time in the world.

"I do like purple," her eyes roved down his form from her reclined position, her finger tips lightly brushing across the inside of his left thigh. In truth she didn't been to be brought things; she was the Chief's daughter and that afforded her certain luxuries. His shirt however would be fitting payment. She didn't move so much as a muscle as water which had earlier cooled his skin appeared as thin blades that sliced along every seam of his shirt with tactful precision, careful also not to touch so much as an inch of his skin but it was close enough for him to still feel the sensation of a knife running so close to his skin.

Lani watched the show was growing intensity and once the blades were done the fabric held for a moment more before gliding over the smooth curves of muscle. Her eyes lingered on the tattoo and she pushed herself off his knees with the slow grace of a predator to trace the lines with the tip of her tongue and the graze of her teeth.

• Devil
Knives of crystalline water slit his tunic away. He felt a lasting chill wherever they passed that sent goose bumps rippling across his skin. The rent clothing fell away, then she learned forward and with tongue and teeth caressed his chest. He felt insane with hunger. He needed her like a starving lion needed a fresh kill.

The half-giant let out a groan of pleasure.

Large hands reached up, sliding along her body, peeling away the scraps of clothing that still clung to her until nothing remained.

She sat on his lap, a growing warmth beneath her, and Gerra simply closed his eyes and enjoyed the feel of her teasing exploration of his body.

• Devil
Noelani was never a woman to rush a good thing.

Her tasting of his skin was both slow and devoted as she traced the ancient language down from his neck to the expanse of his chest. Her hands slid down his skin, her thumbs dipping into each groove and dent of muscle and gently rubbed in small shallow circles. He was like a fine wine; there to be sipped at rather than downed in one go. Her fingers reached the hem of his trousers and for a moment dipped below the waistband and curled as if she might remove the final item of clothing between them before they ran back up his chest. With the heel of her palm she firmly pushed him back down into the pillows to remove the obstacle of their height differences.

She had barely registered her clothes were no longer on her warming skin.

With a gentle nip just below his jawline in the hollow behind his ear she whispered in sinful tones her detailed plans for that evening. Only once she was done, when she knew she had his full undivided attention, did she carry them out under the watchful eyes of a million stars.

• Devil