Private Tales En Route

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Anything you recommend?" Esme asked keeping in step with Valdr as they walked around. "Do you mind if we stop to get something to drink," she toucher her throat, "Im quite parched."

"I don't mind at all, Esme." He would guide her to a mead hall that was created from an upturned longboat. "This was one of the first boats our family arrived in." He would say, the ship was much larger than any she had seen.

"Athelstan, Brandr, we're going inside. Enjoy yourselves, we are safe here." Both men would nod and pass on those instructions. "Shall we?" He asked Emse, opening the door for her.

• Yay
Reactions: Esmeralda
Esme took in the appearance of the ship, it was huge, she could only imagine the adventures it had seen.
"Who all traveled with you? I can imagine a large group of people must have accompanied you family to use a ship this large."

To have so many uproot their lives and follow a family, the Tal'deneshaar's must of had quite the impact on their lives.

"I was too young to remember.. but my mother claimed that close to two hundred set sail with them. Half that made it to settle here, and less than half are still alive. The adventures they had.. I can only dream of." He would muse.

• Popcorn
"Well one day, we shall have adventures our chil-" Esme stopped herself.
Children? Good gods women calm yourself - she thought
Esmerelda cleared her throat, "how about that mead hmm?" She found herself being lead towards a table and took a seat, her face flustered due to her verbal slip.

He couldn't help but smile at her slip, his hand resting at the small of her back as he guided her in. "Mead is good here." They would take a booth in one of the corners and he would slide in next to her.

"Someday our children with think the same, I'm sure." He teased. "But I'm sure that is years off."

• Cthuulove
Esme slipped into the booth, "yes...many, many years." She said in an attempt to snuff the topic.
Only a few minutes had passed before a bar maid came to their table and the pair each ordered a drink.

"I know it sounds silly, but every moment we were on the sea I was haunted with the feeling of seeing Killians flag. After everything that happened... well I can not risk seeing my cousin right now and dealing with his dramatic flair."

He laughed a bit at her expense and paid the waitress when she brought their drinks. "If he's seen near Ragnarra soil, he'll be reduced to ash. They aren't fond of pirates or raiders.. unless its them."

• Dwarf
Esme was cheerful as she spoke, "Well I do not need him dead, not yet anyways."

Esme thanked the waitress and took a small sip of her mead. "I must say, it is not all that bad."
The hall started to fill with people and indistinct chatter filled the air.
"How long will it be before we reach your keep?"

"Well.. when you do, we can make that happen." He assured her.

He would take a sip from his own mead and hum happily as he drank. "The best in Liadain. Four to six days depending on how quickly we move. If we can bypass the ogre encampment and their fighting with the Northern Army, four."

• Yay
Esmerelda nearly chocked on her mead, "I am certain the rest of our party want mind an extra two days on the road so we can avoid a fight that is not ours"

Esme and her people were not scared of bloodshed, but they were not at all the type to involve themselfs in a war that was not their own.

"But we are not married are we? Meerly allies."

Esme took a last sip of her mead and pushed the cup aside, she could feel it was not mixing all that well with the last bit of the chefs food mulling about in her stomach.

"I suggest we start moving as soon as you are finished, or how?"

"True, but even allies help out in time of war. You and Vraexamore have troops that fight Molthal, no? And you're not even allies."

He responded with an amused smile as he finished his tankard. "Are you feeling well?" He would ask with a glance. "I know a lot of people got sick from the chef. I escaped it, but did you?"

• Stressed
Esme gave a slight shrug, "We are at war with Molthal for our own interests, Route and Vraexamore just happen to be on the same side, fighting against the same people."

Esme placed a hand on her stomach and before she could elaborate she was up ran for nearest powder room.

It was safe to say she had lost her appetite.

"Yeah, that's what I was s-" she suddenly got up and darted for the counter. There was an exchange of words and she shuffled even quicker away, before disappearing from view.

"Damn.. guess she's cut off." He laughed to himself and signaled for himself to get another tankard. "Definitely won't be leaving until tomorrow now."

• Dab
Eventually everything stopped coming up and Esme washed her face and did her best not to look like hell.

Once she looked decent enough made her way back to where she and Valdr had been sitting.
"I apologize about that, looks like I to was a victim if Chef U'stafson's cooking."

Last edited:
Esme nodded her head I agreement, "I shall find Brandr and have him notify the rest of our party. Is there any inn in specific you would like to stay at? I wish to bathe, wash any memory of that soup off of myself."

"I will take you to the inn and then I will have Brandr told. You need to get into a room and rest." He drained his tankard before sliding from the booth.

Once on his feet, he circled around to where she sat and helped her up. "C'mon. I will draw you a bath, my l-queen. Since you have no lady in waiting." He said with a light tease.

• Popcorn
Esme slid out of the booth and followed Valdr to the Inn , "I appreciate it but there is no need for your assistance," she offered him a sweet smile, "I may be a queen, but I can definitely draw my own bath, besides - I enjoy every moment of independancy I am allowed "

"As you wish." He mused, his tone still teasing. "Though if you use salts, half before you draw the water, half once the tub i nearly full." He chided. One hand rested at her lower back. "Come then, I'll get yours and the others rooms then alert Brandr and the and them to the new arrangements."

• Cthuulove
She kept in step with Valdr, her hands once again placed infront of her, the only contact she made with Valdr being his hand on her back.

Once they had gotten to the Inn Esme stopped at the door to thank Valdr, "Thank you for seeing me to my room Lord, where am I to meet you once I feel I am rested enough?"

They reached the inn and Esme paused to thank him. "You are not yet at your room. Nor will you be paying for any of your own lodging. Wait here." He would step past her to the counter and he spoke lowly to the Orcish keeper, who began to laugh over some joke. Valdr would set down a pouch of gold as he was handed a stack of room keys, before turning to head back towards her.

"This way." Valdr would say as he passed her once more and began to walk up the stairs. "Our party has a section of rooms."

He would climb the stairs all the way to the top, the third floor before pausing before two doors. "Your servants have these two rooms." He would continue to the next set of doors. "These two rooms are for your Queensguard." And he came to a stop at the next door. "This is your room, Esme." He offered her the key for the room. "All the rooms adjoin with double doors, so make sure your door is locked. As for finding me..." he walked to the next room over. "My room. My door will be unlocked on either side, so join me whenever. We can enjoy the patio, a meal, a drink, whatever. Other side of me is where my Wardens will stay, single room. I will have Brandr and them found, notified and our things brought up."

• Aww
After recieving a small tour from Valdr, Esme eventually settled in.
By the time she had finished drawing her bath, her luggage had been brought up.

Once making sure the doors had all been locked Esme she stipped down and climbed into the bath tub, she had followed Valdrs recommendation regarding the bath salts and she had absolutely no complaints.

Esmerelda mulled in the water for about an hour before it started getting cold, after a change change of clothes she knocked on the door Rangvaldr said he would be staying in to see if he was there.

Giving to sharp knocks she called his name, "Lord Rangvaldr?"