LFG Elves of the Board

Daven

Gloom Throne
Character Biography
Link
So I made this character to rule over the Falwood but since we have nothing established I wanted to pose a few questions. So for the elves on the board, I wanted everyones input on what kind of political and social environment the falwood should be.

Is the Falwood in shambles? Is it recovering from a coup or some sort of cull? Has it been peaceful? Just looking for feedback.

Don't write an Elf but did write the backstory/lore for the Falwood so wanted to throw that in here.

Things in the Falwood were meant to be relatively good and peaceful rn. No wars with the Anirians or anything, but there are rumblings(as always) and a few who want the old ways.

Other than that nothing was ever fleshed out so feel free to continue crowdsourcing!

• Yay
Reactions: Ashuanar and Daven
I imagine the Falwood is the main thing that comes to mind when people think of elves. Even the ones with little connection to it probably still revere it some shape or form since it's what's left of the primeval forests that once covered Arethil. Whatever scattered garrisons, ports, outposts they might have around the world, this is the real centre of their power.

Decline is the thing I imagine most. Faded glories, remnants, watching the younger races spread across the world while they just have glimmers of what they once were. I'd say it's not helped that for every warrior or mage they have, there's a courtier, artist, or musician!

• Yay
Reactions: Notarius
This here are skirmishers located in the falwood, they are, most importantly not affiliated with Fal'Addas and frankly, they are likely wanted by the elves too since they go against the loosely veiled peace between em and vel anir.
They skirmish with orcs and humans that live on the edge. Just to give some perspective of what some other elfy things are happening nearby.

Decline is the thing I imagine most. Faded glories, remnants, watching the younger races spread across the world while they just have glimmers of what they once were. I'd say it's not helped that for every warrior or mage they have, there's a courtier, artist, or musician!

This is something I'd also imagine when it comes to a place like Falwood- shrines and statues throughout the wood that have fallen into ruin, a faint reminder of the past.

By glancing at the map you can see that Falwood covers an immense amount of land with climates that probably vary from north to south- I'd imagine that cultures and traditions could vary as well.

A real life comparison that comes to mind would probably be the Post-Roman Empire in Western Europe. Rome had left its footprints from North Africa to the British Isles, from Spain to Assyria. However, over time the glue that held this empire together lost its strength. Some of these regions broke away while others claimed to be the heirs of Rome and sought to restore its prominence ( ex. Charlemagne).

What if Fal'Addas is currently struggling to assert its legitimacy against these "bastard states" in other parts of Falwood? Perhaps within Fal'Addas there are competing elven clans/ political factions jostling for power? Maybe skirmishes along vital routes throughout Falwood make it difficult to address revolts? Perhaps there is a rise of fanatic ideas within Fal'Addas' immediate territory that are becoming too prevalent to ignore?

I digress, but there is definitely a lot you can work with!

If you're interested in brainstorming feel free to reach out. I'd be more than glad to help :)

I suppose I should add I've been working on some lore around an ill-fated elven society on the eastern side of the Falwood. Incomplete works in the sandbox, just needing a little RP to flesh out before posted to the wiki so. Long story short, they are a benevolent sort who were always allied with Fal'Addas.