Open Chronicles Dragon Egg of the Forest

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Ashieron laid in a sand dun, wearing loght desert clothing with face and eye coverings to keep the sand and dust out of his eyes and mouth. The blaring sun beamed down on him but because of his magic it did not bug him much. Dragons. It was always dragons deciding to lay their eggs in such difficult places.

First the snowy and icey islands of the North and now the desert why couldnt it just be a forest? The elf thinks and blinks only to find a castle and a forest on fire and after a few seconds..
—————

He wakes up with a startle.

“Graaah!” The elf sits up suddenly and looks around at the nighttime forest of Falwood. Fireflies glowed like stars between the trees and the sound of crickets and owl in the distance.

He was safe in Falwood... thank the gods.

The nightsweat elf collapses back into his little leaf and furs bed he made running his hands down his face taking deep breaths. He was safe.No one could kill him even if they did, he would simply come back over and over again. A curse and a blessing in reality.

The Dragon Keeper groans and stands up, he had to go and get going... another dragons nest was waiting for him somewhere within this forest.

proxy.php

Is there a place more enchanting? More intriguing? More peaceful? Stop! before you answer that question, just know that any answer OTHER than Falwood is wrong! Of course, that's pretty bias, but hear me out.

Taking a long, nighttime stroll through the forest before bedtime, is an Elf named Zier. He enjoys taking these to clear his mind. Not that he has anything in particular to clear from it, but everyone needs time to escape from their travels and this is his way to do it. Plus, he needs to think about stupid people can be.

Come on, honestly. Do I really need to even explain it? People LOVEEE to tell me that I'm isolated from the rest of the world because I live in the forest.

On the contrary, Zier feels that it isn't isolation at all. Instead it's... freedom. He's not within the confines of walls or complex structures. He doesn't have to smell the strange, sometimes repulsive, stench the cities may produce. Here, it's just wide open fresh air, butterflies and vibrant green trees.

I've actually noticed a pattern with it. EVERYONE that's ever told me that the forest induces isolation is ALWAYS an outsider. What does that mean? Say it with me now... IGNORANCE.

Perhaps ignorant is a better word than outsider, because many elves are welcoming to new people as long as they respect their home.

Many places have their own special scenery, but it's clear that the forest has a special place in his heart, and to him, the tranquility is simply outmatched to anywhere else. To people who don't reside here, it might be frightening at first when it's nighttime, but it could easily become quite soothing.

It's actually quite insulting, Y'know? Think about it. What if I came into Vel Anir and, may the gods have mercy on my soul after it, said they're place of residence makes them isolated from the rest of the world? Makes them dumbasses? Kinda rude. I've Grown here. Lived here. Learned here. Know it like the back of my hand. How dare t-. Zier stopped his strolling, hearing... a scream? Quite odd during this time of night when most people are sleeping.

"Hi stranger." He said, smiling to the person he heard awaken with a scream. Zier is handing upside from a tree with his legs secured around the branch. If you're wondering why he chose to approach someone like this, it's because... well... Look, scaring people can be fun. Despite him knowing that this forest is fairly calm, he wanted to give give his Draconian-like armor some wear. "Heard a scream so..." Decided he'd be nosy.

• Popcorn
Reactions: lionman
i could smell it as clear as day. my two royal guard smelled the same thing on the night air, there is an elf about this forrest its sweat smell is unmistakable to all lionmen

our camp had no fire we had been sleeping in the bushes on a mission of most importants, the rumor mills have been churning and there very well could be a nest somewhere belonging to the gods sky beasts whom were ridden by only the fearsist of warriors in the days of old.

"my lord shall we go see if there is an elf worth hunting?"

i smell the air taking in the aroma that keeps on the wind like a fresh made meat pie.

"it is not an animal for us to hunt only the gods can share the dineing of elf you know that."

"the gods are speaking to me now and they feel we haven't eaten in 4 days and could use some soft elf to satisfie our hunger" one of my guards growls in frustration.

"do not mistake your own desires for that of the gods, perhaps it is hunting. in that case if we were to stalk it until it makes a kill we could steal the food easy."

my guards smile and say in unison

"good thinking my lord"

i smile back and we begin stalking towards the familiar scent until we came to thick bushes in witch to hide. just a few yards away stood the elf. on the ground lay a camp of sorts and another creature. i motioned for my men to hide in similar bushes just in the shadows around the two creatures in front of us. my only fear was that we were too close and would be found out, my men and i are in no shape to battle and have been widely unsuccessful in the retrieval of what we seek

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Zier Xya Zythos