Private Tales Don't go into the woods

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Sorceress...or Enchantress." She stated firmly, seemingly unmoved by the implication of the Orcs statement. "Do you enjoy that axe of yours? Or how about that club?" Her attention shifted back to Laga. And then quickly back to the larger Orc.
"Do you imagine that magic comes about whimsically? That it simply falls into one's lap like an acorn from an Oak tree or an over-ripe apple from the branch? No. You ask for my help in one breath and preface it with an insult for the methods that might have conjured such aid in the first place."
She took a long sip from her cup. "Magic is refined just as any other skill. And one does not learn magic without tutelage or understanding, just as a smith does not simply learn to forge weapons." She lifted her free hand just as Laga was about to respond.
"Of course I know how to fix this. Of course I know the ailments of that mark and ways to rectify it. And it's all because of poking about and taking notes in a book. But, by all accounts, Orc...it seems these sullied methods would be too low for one as righteous as yourself? Hmm? Surely you wouldn't want such help from a witch?"
"We have no issues with magic…" Laga interrupted, running her tea coated palm across a scar on her thigh. "We just prefer it without all this...long-windedness."

"Would you..." Hath started, speaking slowly through clenched teeth, "Please help."

She had a point in a roundabout way. They had come here to get whatever corruption was inside Lagakh out. Picking at the witch's methods wasn't moving anything forwards.

Please, he thought to himself, don't ask us to go and deal with the cause of the corruption as payment. They all seemed to want something and he was fed up of trying to work exactly what was going on. He would risk the elven traps and anything else in this forest if it meant extracting himself from this situation.

• Yay
Reactions: Lagakh