LFG Crime Syndicate of Arethil

Alright. It seems we have a lot of interest in getting started very quickly and I think it’s great,

but I would like to take a moment and say that we need to look at every character that will be used and flesh out our relationships with each so that things are set and the fact they all know eachother can already be established and we won’t be “shooting from the hip.” So to speak.

We did something similarly. (I of course started it because I’m basically a genius.) in the previous family thread and I think it helped the history between them flow better. Like a list the names of the characters. Read their bios and write a short description of how you know them, things you like and don’t like about them and how they coexist.

Objections?

Alright. It seems we have a lot of interest in getting started very quickly and I think it’s great,

but I would like to take a moment and say that we need to look at every character that will be used and flesh out our relationships with each so that things are set and the fact they all know eachother can already be established and we won’t be “shooting from the hip.” So to speak.

We did something similarly. (I of course started it because I’m basically a genius.) in the previous family thread and I think it helped the history between them flow better. Like a list the names of the characters. Read their bios and write a short description of how you know them, things you like and don’t like about them and how they coexist.

Objections?

None from me, but from what I gather most of our characters don't know each other. So it may prove unnecessary, at least for a lot of us, I know that none of you know my character and my character doesn't know any of you, (My character and one of Halo's being more OOC info than actual RPing). I think, though I could be wrong, that noone, or very little, of these characters know each other before this.

Oof, just got around to read and catch up on all the new ideas hahah

First off, I've really liked the idea of this "Father" being some sort of huge master brain behind it all, going as far as controlling the whole city with his power and knowledge, and also him basically putting all of our characters together for a job and them forming this new syndicate seems like a very good plan.

On the matter of relationships: Like Sirius said, I believe none of our characters know each other right now, and this preliminary thread would be perfect for that. Although Isak would probably hold some sort of "connection" with Sirius since he's basically a warlock too (not of his choice, but he's never been one to turn down advantages when he got them). I think it'd be really interesting to have them all meet up, work together and flesh out their relationships in RPs rather than having some pre established info via OOC.

But I'll roll with whatever you guys want! I'm just extra hyped about this whole crime syndicate idea :D

I feel like Isak would know my character at least a little bit, like as a patron of the club I mean. That seems like the kind of establishment she would frequent. They wouldn't know that they were both part of the same organization until the meeting though.

Whether we establish relations ships IC or OoC Im fine with either!

• Cheer
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
I feel like Isak would know my character at least a little bit, like as a patron of the club I mean. That seems like the kind of establishment she would frequent. They wouldn't know that they were both part of the same organization until the meeting though.

Whether we establish relations ships IC or OoC Im fine with either!
I can work with that! The Raven Club grew very popular after the renovations so it'd make sense for them to know each other at least a bit, from comings and goings at the club.

• Cheer
Reactions: Alysandra Mendrev
I suppose there'll be plenty of injuries and near death experiences for messing with Alliria's big bosses once we start this alliance hahahah

• Devil
Reactions: Sirius
Maybe she's working in a church that's controlled by the Father and she gets told a lie to get her to join the rest of us. They keep her in the dark during the whole operation just having her heal injuries. Then the church finds out she's been working with criminals and won't let her back in after the jobs over.

There is another issue though. Since tieflings aren't generally liked, and he in turn generally doesn't like people, how exactly would he get along with or affect the group dynamic? If there's any sort of racism involved it could easily cause trouble for the group, if not he could learn to work with them. So how would he actually fit in with a group like this?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
I'll talk on my character's behalf here so: Isak is very distrustful of people in general, he has huge trust issues and he'll more than likely put his own interests ahead of everyone, but his loyalty to his deals is the one thing that can't be questioned. He'll have no problem with whoever you are or from where you come from, as long as the jobs gets done and the coins flow in, he'll happily be a "friend".

• Bless
Reactions: Sirius

There's my character for this group! She's still a bit rough around the edges and there's no bio yet, but its enough to go on.

As for Sirius, if you aren't in the way of Charity getting what she wants, she couldn't care less that you're a tiefling. As long as there's something in it for her, it doesn't matter who she has to work with to achieve her goal.

The wait is over!

I also feel like we need to come up with a new name for ourselves. "The Crime Syndicate" is kinda boring and a little too on the nose for what we're up to. It should be something cooler. Open to any suggestions!

Last edited:
The "Father" idea is separate from my merchant character.
I imagined that there would be both aspects of blood relations and "adoptive" additions to the family, but in all cases blood is thicker than water.
Prove that you'd shed your blood for the family, and the family will shed it's blood for you.

The Father could easily be a "godfather" of sorts, or a blood relation to the characters involved with the syndicate.
I'm going to go for the guy that walks with a limp and a cane and has people do the dirty deeds for him, except when he gets bored.

All of these ideas sound really cool, and I really enjoyed the idea Gwendolyn Vollmund put forward. Having a list of what your character thinks about the others even if they don't know each other well or are simple acquaintances.

As far as name ideas go, at least for a syndicate...

Cherry Rose Inc.
Greywood & Co.

As far as a family name goes...

Greywood.
Briarthorne.
Gilgamesh.

That's all I've got.

Those are all good ideas! I was gonna suggest "The Ravens" but I feel like that sounds too much like a street gang name. I vote for Cherry Rose Inc.!

For family names, It seems like most people already have their own last name. Though Briarthorne could be the name of the people related by blood since my head canon for Charity is for her to have been a street urchin before joining the family. If she was taken off the streets and adopted into the family and that was the family's last name, it would make sense. She could have just been given the name Briarthorne because she initially didn't have one. I'm not saying the family's last name has to be Briarthorne of course!

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Haloshooter
Gwens feelings about you all so far:

Isak: She respects him, and understands much of his behavior but she can often dislike the qualities in him that she often exhibits herself. But his club offers a wonderful place to conduct her more sensitive business in a place of safety. She had seen his rise to power and had quickly approached him with enough coin to help with the end of the renovation as well as adding her own offices in the very back. While maybe not fully trusting him she does enjoy his company to others and has been known to do various favors for him over the years always having the information he looks for.
Charity: Has a soft spot for the young one though she often acts annoyed and aloof around them. She always knows if there is some text or artifact she discovers the location of and needs to be retrieved. Charity is always her go-to.

She pays her well and is always ready to help her with information on various other things she needs to find or plans or information on buildings or people she needs to kill or steal from. Often allowing her to even stay in the archive if she ever needs a quiet place to lay low.

Eilerias: While her services are appreciated and she cares for the woman she often thinks her moral compass is based in blissful ignorance and can find her a bit naive and tiring to speak with or be around. She does respect her in the field of healing but in opinions or advice she rarely holds her input in high regard.

(This will be edited as more people join and more characters are added, but that’s kind of what I was thinking. If you wouldn’t have a reason to have a past with someone then don’t include them, but with these characters at least it makes sense for Gwen to know all of these people due to the nature of her role as the person that knows everything you need to know for a price.)

Oh I'm terrible at getting creative with names but I like the ones I've seen so far! Either Cherry Rose Inc. or Dark Rose Inc. sounds perfect.

And Gwendolyn's idea of having been a contact to the characters involved is also very nice. It'd certainly make Isak more at ease of forming this alliance, seeing as he's very skeptic about other people and their own interests.

• Yay
Reactions: Haloshooter
Hmm... Let's see...

Isak: Charity is VERY cautious about what she says and does around him. He is extremely intelligent and seems to see right through any of the tricks she pulls at the club. Being around somebody who can see right through your tricks and mind games is potentially disastrous for a thief. He puts up with her constantly causing trouble at the club - as long as she can pay for any damages plus a little extra - so he's all right in her book, even if she's still extremely cautious around him.

Gwendolyn: Her favorite client! No matter how safe and mundane the job is, she's always paid well. Gwendolyn is always the person she turns to for building layouts, advice, or any other information she may need. Looks up to Gwendolyn and is secretly a bit peeved that Gwendolyn is always so annoyed with her antics and emotionally distant.

Eilerias: Charity doesn't really know her that well, but she's the person Gwendolyn tells her to go to if she gets hurt. If Gwendolyn trusts Eilerias, that's a good enough reason for Charity to trust her too. Charity finds Eilerias to be too innocent and trusting of the people around her and is constantly trying to convince her that people can't be trusted.

Last edited: