LFG Crime Syndicate of Arethil

Alysandra Mendrev

Mendrev Socialite
Character Biography
Link
Calling all rogues, scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells to form a mafia style family! Whether you want to take to the mean streets or run things from behind the scenes, we welcome you with open arms!

It's Eilerias, your "in house" doctor. "She’s a good person and is super kind, but doesn’t ask why members of the family come to her at all times of the night with arrows and stab wounds. Or why the coin they pay her with always has blood on it. And in return they treat her very kindly and are super protective." (Credits to Luna for the wonderful description :D )

Last edited:
Ohh, this sounds perfect! Isak is actually starting a small enterprise of his own in the crime underworld of Alliria, masqueraded by his ownership of a club in the Outer City that portrays him as a fair businessman to the ordinary city folk, but he's very open to any alliances that could bring him profit.

Sirius is always looking for work, and as a pyromaniac warlock he'd be useful for ah.... teaching lessons. And he'd do it with glee too. So long as the pay is acceptable and they don't mind his tiefling nature.

• Smug
Reactions: Alysandra Mendrev
I would like to propose this organization be based in Alliria. As a central location for trade and commerce, it would make a great central location for a mafia type organization. This could allow them to control certain trades, companies, have their hand in government, ect. There would also be a large amount of small businesses to demand payment for "protection" from.

I would like to propose this organization be based in Alliria. As a central location for trade and commerce, it would make a great central location for a mafia type organization. This could allow them to control certain trades, companies, have their hand in government, ect. There would also be a large amount of small businesses to demand payment for "protection" from.

Sounds like a plan to me. And I imagine the the "Protection Tax" collecting would be left to me. Along with maybe some assassinations and arsons.

• Cheer
Reactions: Alysandra Mendrev
"Tax collecting" can be entirely left up to you.

My character is going to be a thief/rogue sort with their main focus being the "procurement" of various high value objects, goods, ect. With a little spying on the side. Probably have them based out of Isak's club.

Gwens a good fence as well you thieves out there don’t forget. Also I would like her to keep an office at the club as well. Her archives are precious to her so only real friends can really meet her there. Most of the time she handles her dealings in the office at the club. She pays well for the space and even better for the protection.

I'm absolutely loving all these ideas! And Isak's club being a base of operations for them makes sense, seeing as they'll need a safeplace to work, away from the prying eyes of competition all around Alliria. We know that its underground world of crime is already big enough so I imagine we'll have plenty of opponents to deal with as we build our syndicate from the ground up.

Guess I'll even go ahead and create a sandbox page for the club once we get started. The Raven Club was acquired by Isak as a way to get a foothold in Alliria, and after the renovations that he made, it'd make a very good place to work, with the bar and gambling tables at the main lobby while our dealings would stay hidden in our offices/rooms in the second floor.

Seems like we have enough people to start a preliminary thread so we can introduce our characters. I'm thinking that they meet as a group to discuss the next job or something like that.

Once I get my character fleshed out Ill start it. (Unless somebody has another idea and wants to start. That's ok too!)

Seems like we have enough people to start a preliminary thread so we can introduce our characters. I'm thinking that they meet as a group to discuss the next job or something like that.

Once I get my character fleshed out Ill start it. (Unless somebody has another idea and wants to start. That's ok too!)
I'm up for it! I think that's a very good place to start.

Agreed. Meeting to discuss a job sounds great.

Since this preliminary thread would involve them meeting up as a group, perhaps we could have them all meet up by chance since they'd be chasing the same job in Alliria (or something similar) and then discussing the possibility of creating this syndicate as a way to rival the current lords that rule over the criminal underground there?

Isak himself is very displeased with the way the nobles and these crime lords "cooperate" to rule over every circle of Alliria, from nobility to commoners, so this alliance would be something that he'd love to support.

What do you guys think? :D

I would love to contribute a character!
I could make a new one, maybe the "Father" of the "Family".
Or I've got a merchant that practically owns Alliria through his trade empire, he'd have his hands in plenty of shady dealings and would have a finger on the pulse of your information and rumor mills.

But I'm partial to making "Father" if anyone's down for that?

Since this preliminary thread would involve them meeting up as a group, perhaps we could have them all meet up by chance since they'd be chasing the same job in Alliria (or something similar) and then discussing the possibility of creating this syndicate as a way to rival the current lords that rule over the criminal underground there?

Isak himself is very displeased with the way the nobles and these crime lords "cooperate" to rule over every circle of Alliria, from nobility to commoners, so this alliance would be something that he'd love to support.

What do you guys think? :D

That could work, but what exactly would the job be? I'd say all of them hired for their individual skills for a bigger job, like in Ocean's Eleven, by someone else and they decide to go rogue and form the "Coalition" as a way of making sure they're at least somewhat safe from the crime lords, is a little more believable at least from an origins standpoint.

Halo! YES! DEW IT!

I like the Oceans Eleven idea! Maybe the "Father" was asked to handle the job and so he pulled these people together from his various circles of influence.

That could work. And Haloshooter also controls my Warlock's patron, so my necromancy might also be more easily brought to bear with him knowing the extent of the spells he gives me. C=<