LFG Crime Syndicate of Arethil

Can you people please calm down. The internet at my house is gone, and still waiting on it to be fixed, but even so I've been gone only two days, I check back and I see 110 NOTIFICATIONS!

So yeah can you turn it down a notch? I'm having a heart attack at the thought of all the posts I have to keep up with XD

Well, I definitely wouldn't call his sharp reprimand a "scream". But still, appearances are deceiving, especially around Gilgamesh.

Does he actually have a beef with everyone? Who could really say? Is he letting his true colors show or is he simply showing them what he wants them to believe?

I agree the he didn't really "scream" at Charity. I saw it as more of like the sharp commanding tone a parent would use with a child who was really misbehaving.

I would say that it wasn't fear that made Charity change her attitude. In my mind she genuinely felt sorry/guilty for taking her anger at Gwen out on Gilgamesh.

But I do see what Isak was trying to say, and I can understand that the father's response to them challenging his authority could come across as an intimidation tactic.

Tactics are tactics. What's making it seem like he's just posturing is that he doesn't really WANT to enforce his will and make them obedient... Even in proving to them that he's not all talk is sinking lower than he would like to go, the disrespect needs to be stopped, but feeling the need to prove anything to them is a weakness in itself that can be misread as insecurity.

... What to do, what to do...

Charity knows all to well that the Father isnt all talk and already deeply respects him (when she isnt acting dumb by being mad at him). It looks like Eile respects him too and has been his side since he joined the reunion. So nothing needs to be proven to the girls. Poor Urchin just seems kind of scared of him.

Like you said, I'm not sure what could be done to prove to Isak and Gwen that the father WILL enforce his will and be given respect without him appearing insecure/weak by proving it to them. They're both pretty strong willed people so something probably needs to be done to get them back in line....

Isak has a poor tact for father-daughter relationships, so while Gilgamesh didn't really scream at Charity, he did felt as if he was being too rude with her and he already sees her as his annoying little sister. I guess call it a protective brotherly instinct XD

He wouldn't really go against Gilgamesh since they're both allies, he's just a bit suspect of the man. He's very powerful and Isak knows nothing about him, so it's kind of a natural reaction for him to be wary like that. Isak will come to trust him in time, maybe they'll bond over a few business deals with Gilgamesh's powerful influence in Alliria ahahahah

I hope Eile can keep up! Charity is going to try to speedrun the mission!

Since Eile to paired with Charity that means she's Charity's accomplice in her side venture to obtain more treasure! I'll try not to make it too dangerous for the poor priestess XD