Private Tales Creatures Of The Night

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"It's about time to get underway. Are you ready? Decide what you're keeping on or taking off, and I'll tie you." The only reason she'd need to remove anything would be as an additional distraction. Eye candy was a valuable weapon, as they'd discussed earlier.

Standing up she put her arms behind her and waited for him to tie her up. “Just please do me a favor and bring my bag. It’s best if those books don’t get into anyone else’s possession. They aren’t exactly meant for natural born humans, elves or dwarves. The only species I can picture being able to read and withstand what’s in those books are tieflings.”

She allowed herself to be bound, and lead out of the cave. Where they’d encounter the mob of people.

Varys was, to be quite honest... rather unused to binding up women. Even if it was something he did regularly, it would be quite awkward with Iris's impressive wingspan. Gritting his teeth, he leans in and tightens the bindings around her at her ankles and wrists. It wasn't super professional, but it would do to make it look like there'd been a struggle.

No, this wasn't enough. They needed to make it look even more convincing. Before leading Iris out, he spins around and kneels in front of her, leaning in close and whispering.

"Quick, bite me somewhere. Not deep, just enough to look like we fought. If a scrawny elf comes out spotless against a "Monster" it'll just look fishy. Rough me up a bit."

He reaches around, loosening the binds on her arms so she could use them if biting was out of the question.

"Once their guard is down, I'll send a signal to my friends, and we'll all get the hell out of here."

Iris

• Devil
Reactions: Iris
She grinned, "and here I was thinking that I was the masochist."

She decided on his shoulder, a place close enough to his neck to appear as though she'd actually tried to kill him, but not so close as to be dangerous, and it was also in plain sight, so the villagers would see it. She bit down, hard enough to make him bleed, but not so much as to cause permanent harm.

"Is that going to be enough? Or do you want me to bite you somewhere else? And also, since you're bitten, it would make sense to hinder my biting capabilities. Have we enough materials for a gag?"

He cocks his head to the side, letting her clamp down on his flesh briefly. He winces, but makes no complaint to her. She was right though, one bite was still suspicious. He unbinds her hands for a moment. "Give me a scratch or two as well. And... keep your mouth under control. There's plenty of time for you to go exploring with it later." He joked.

A gag might have been effective, but he had the strangest feeling that his partner in crime had ulterior motives for that. Even so, he didn't think he could pull that off without getting creative. He pokes her on the nose. "You're enjoying this far too much, you know?" He tears a strip of cloth off of his shirt and ties it around her mouth. Crude, but effective.

Iris

He unbinds her hands for a moment. "Give me a scratch or two as well. And... keep your mouth under control. There's plenty of time for you to go exploring with it later." He joked.

She grinned. "Promise?"

She dutifully did as instructed and used he nails to make roughly eight different scratches on his exposed arms. Cloth would withstand that so the most she could do, even with him letting her, was do damage to exposed skin.

He pokes her on the nose. "You're enjoying this far too much, you know?" He tears a strip of cloth off of his shirt and ties it around her mouth. Crude, but effective.

"Am Immmmmph." She asked right before he gagged her. She did look a little too pleased about this. He could have done better but it worked, besides the wouldn't be to keep her quiet but to stop her teeth, so that cloth worked just fine.

The elf rolled his eyes with a smirk. He wouldn't make that promise until they were safe and sound. He rebinds her hands and runs his hands along the scratches she'd made. They weren't deep, in fact they were barely anything at all, but she'd made sure to make them look much worse than they wore. The sting was nothing he wasn't able to handle.

"Well. Here goes nothing." He could hear voices outside the cave, frantic murmurs from the people who'd come to hunt Iris. He lifts Iris up, hoisting her over his shoulder. Checking one more time to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything, he exits the cave.

"Wait, somebody is coming out! Ready your weapons, people! Get the cage ready!"

Varys raises his free hand to show himself unarmed as he came into view of the large group of around a dozen or so men from Osteriam. Most were unarmored, save for a few in front. Varys recognized them as the blacksmiths he'd seen in town earlier. They wore metallic places on their arms and legs. Every man had either a bow or a blade pointed in their direction, and behind them was a large cage, likely what they'd heard being crafted the night before.

"Speak, Elf! Is that the devil who was sighted in the village? Has she wounded you?!"

Varys turned his arm towards them, displaying the red scratches on his skin, and tilted his head to the side to show the bite on his neck.

"Indeed it is! She lured me in with her looks, and then swooped me away to her lair. She battled viciously, but I have her restrained and helpless now!"

The hunters all looked at each other, more unsure mumbling bouncing from mouth to mouth. Eventually, the one wearing the most armor lowered his bow, stepping forward with caution. "Then I order you to throw her in the cage. We'll take her back to Osteriam to be beheaded. We cannot allow such beings to terrorize our village."

As the men began to open the cage, Varys reached into his pocket with his free hand, and pulled out some sort of rock. It was now or never. He squeezes a handful of Iris' flesh tight and whispers to her.

"Close your eyes."

Iris

• Bless
The elf rolled his eyes with a smirk. He wouldn't make that promise until they were safe and sound. He rebinds her hands and runs his hands along the scratches she'd made. They weren't deep, in fact they were barely anything at all, but she'd made sure to make them look much worse than they wore. The sting was nothing he wasn't able to handle.

"Well. Here goes nothing." He could hear voices outside the cave, frantic murmurs from the people who'd come to hunt Iris. He lifts Iris up, hoisting her over his shoulder. Checking one more time to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything, he exits the cave.

"Wait, somebody is coming out! Ready your weapons, people! Get the cage ready!"

Varys raises his free hand to show himself unarmed as he came into view of the large group of around a dozen or so men from Osteriam. Most were unarmored, save for a few in front. Varys recognized them as the blacksmiths he'd seen in town earlier. They wore metallic places on their arms and legs. Every man had either a bow or a blade pointed in their direction, and behind them was a large cage, likely what they'd heard being crafted the night before.

"Speak, Elf! Is that the devil who was sighted in the village? Has she wounded you?!"

Varys turned his arm towards them, displaying the red scratches on his skin, and tilted his head to the side to show the bite on his neck.

"Indeed it is! She lured me in with her looks, and then swooped me away to her lair. She battled viciously, but I have her restrained and helpless now!"

The hunters all looked at each other, more unsure mumbling bouncing from mouth to mouth. Eventually, the one wearing the most armor lowered his bow, stepping forward with caution. "Then I order you to throw her in the cage. We'll take her back to Osteriam to be beheaded. We cannot allow such beings to terrorize our village."

As the men began to open the cage, Varys reached into his pocket with his free hand, and pulled out some sort of rock. It was now or never. He squeezes a handful of Iris' flesh tight and whispers to her.

"Close your eyes."

Iris

She obeyed when she was told to close her eyes. It was quite frankly her only real choice. Much as she was a sucker for ropes, she really was in a bit of a pickle right then. Her only option was to trust him. The cage was frightening, spelling certain doom should she be placed inside.

She kept her eyes shut as instructed, and waited for what would happen.

He focuses on the rock in his hand, closing his eyes for a moment. He felt all of his focus build in the rock he held, like a spring slowly being pushed down. He only hoped that they would recognize the signal he was about to let out. The Blacksmith leading the charge looked warily at the elf. "Hey, just what are you..?"

He tossed the rock up into the air with all his might, and it burst into a cloud of blinding white sparks over their heads, drawing all of the men to look up at the display in shock and confusion.

"What the hell was that?"
"An explosion?"
"Another Devil?"
"I can't see!"
"Ready weapons!"

Varys bit his lip somewhat nervously. They wouldn't be blinded for long, and when they could see again, they'd be aiming for him.

That's why he breathed such a huge sigh of relief when he heard familiar wagon wheels tearing through the terrain behind the cage. Any of those who were beginning to regain their vision would hear a loud crash as a brightly painted wagon collided with the large metal cage behind the group, and then they would see it toppling down on top of them. The iron bars of the cage didn't kill any of the men, but they certainly weren't moving.

Varys took off, as fast as his feet would carry him. One of the men squirmed free, but was put back down with a swift kick to the face from Varys' boot as he passed. The back of the wagon opened, and Varys hurriedly placed Iris inside before jumping in with her. He bangs his fist against the side of the wagon and it roars away from the chaotic scene they'd created, all but flying out of the city they'd been trapped in.

Varys reaches over and frees Iris, before finally laying back and breathing a sigh of relief as they put some distance between them and their pursuers.

"I can't believe we pulled that off..."

Iris

• Devil
Varys took off, as fast as his feet would carry him. One of the men squirmed free, but was put back down with a swift kick to the face from Varys' boot as he passed. The back of the wagon opened, and Varys hurriedly placed Iris inside before jumping in with her. He bangs his fist against the side of the wagon and it roars away from the chaotic scene they'd created, all but flying out of the city they'd been trapped in.

Varys reaches over and frees Iris, before finally laying back and breathing a sigh of relief as they put some distance between them and their pursuers.

"I can't believe we pulled that off..."

She met the floor of the wagon with her shoulder to avoid being injured and grunted with the impact. She squirmed a bit to get further in and make room for Varys as he tried to hop in with her. The wagon took off, making her slide back just a little bit. But they were home free, and soon after Varys freed her arms, and she removed the gag.

"Thanks, I owe you even more after this." She said to him.

Varys laughed a bit, his heart still racing. "Didn't know if that trick would work. I haven't had too much practice, if I'm being honest." He felt like he'd just run a marathon, but they'd both gotten out unharmed. He rises, and climbs to the front of the wagon. He can be heard speaking to something, but nothing seemed to speak back to him. He nods his head and slides back to sit beside her. The wagon was spacious enough for at least two people to live out of, bedrolls were tucked against the wall along with jars of all shapes and sizes.

"My master went on ahead to the next town, so we'll meet up with him there. Until then, just enjoy the ride, and not being chased for a change." He smiled. "As for owing me, I'm sure we can think of something. I would have helped you out for nothing, but I know your rules."

Iris

• Bless
"My master went on ahead to the next town, so we'll meet up with him there. Until then, just enjoy the ride, and not being chased for a change." He smiled. "As for owing me, I'm sure we can think of something. I would have helped you out for nothing, but I know your rules."

She smiled back. "I'm amazed at you. Someone with so selfless a personality in so rough a world aught to have been chewed up and spat out from the jaws of society by now. How you manage to stay so positive and remain unharmed is beyond me. I was much the same way once and it got me taken into slavery."

She stood up as best she could and found a seat on which to sit.

There was plenty of sitting room in the wagon, along with some furs to soften the hard surface beneath them. Varys seemed fairly content to lay where he was, though Iris' words made him frown just a bit. It was praise he didn't deserve. Not entirely.

Turning his head to look over at her, he rises his shoulders in a small shrug. His silver hair falls over his face as he takes a deep breath. He wanted to say something, but at the same time he wanted to be careful as to how it was said.

"Honestly? I'm a cynical, sarcastic smartass. I don't believe in myself, or very often in others. I spent most of my life as a thief who lived in alleyways.'

He bit the inside of his cheek slightly. How did he put it...?

"My father, the one who brought me life... He was a bastard. He only ever cared about himself, and he was willing to disregard the value of life itself to further his own goals. He caused so much hurt in this world. I made a choice that I wasn't going to be him, and that starts with making my own mark. Leaving you behind is something my father would have done. I am not Varys San' Seya. I'm just Varys. Just what's left of him. It's my responsibility, I feel."

Varys hoped he made a bit of sense. It wasn't that he wasn't interested in learning more about Iris, or that there wasn't anything he'd like from her. Expecting something in return for what was essentially a good deed was the kind of cynical bullshit that San' Seya would pull. He wanted to be different.

Iris

"Honestly? I'm a cynical, sarcastic smartass. I don't believe in myself, or very often in others. I spent most of my life as a thief who lived in alleyways.'

He bit the inside of his cheek slightly. How did he put it...?

"My father, the one who brought me life... He was a bastard. He only ever cared about himself, and he was willing to disregard the value of life itself to further his own goals. He caused so much hurt in this world. I made a choice that I wasn't going to be him, and that starts with making my own mark. Leaving you behind is something my father would have done. I am not Varys San' Seya. I'm just Varys. Just what's left of him. It's my responsibility, I feel."

Varys hoped he made a bit of sense. It wasn't that he wasn't interested in learning more about Iris, or that there wasn't anything he'd like from her. Expecting something in return for what was essentially a good deed was the kind of cynical bullshit that San' Seya would pull. He wanted to be different.

"I'm sorry to hear that you think so lowly of yourself. I understand wanting to be better than someone else, but doesn't that in and of itself make you a good guy?" She questioned. She was never a philosophical woman, and to be frank she was nothing short of evil in most cases, but she wasn't above realizing that or appreciating a good deed. "So basically you're the exact opposite of me. I was under the yoke of someone who wasn't very kind overall, and I decided to skin her alive. Hey, at least you're a better person than I."

"Yeah, well..." He hoisted himself up, to sit beside her, gathering his hair back together and tying it behind his head. She didn't seem super confident about herself as a person either, at least morally. "Bad as you claim to be, you've been a downright saint in the few days we've known each other. You've done bad things, but there's a reason for everything you do. You needed something better than what you had, and you took it just like I did. The only difference is method, really."

He nudged her with his arm, smirking. It was comforting to be back in the wagon, the sounds of the dirt road under the wheels was one he'd grown quite used to, and the covering on the wagon stopped too much excess light or weather from sneaking in. He teases her, "You talk all scary, but you ain't so bad, Iris."

Iris

• Devil
He teases her, "You talk all scary, but you ain't so bad, Iris."

She shushed him, returning the tease with a whisper "We don't want my master knowing that!"

She was speaking of Cinder, her patron. She probably wouldn't tell Varys much about him but ultimately it wasn't too relevant. She giggled just a little at her own joke. "I appreciate your optimism. But really, making a pact to become a demon isn't exactly good."

"Maybe I'm not as bad as I can be. But I'm still far from the saint you claim I've been."

• Devil
Reactions: Varys
He grins mischievously and darts his eyes around. "Well, I suppose I can avoid tattling on you. You made for an amazing blanket after all." It really wasn't his business who or what her master was. Even if he did have reason to ask, he had a suspicion that was a business he didn't want to get involved in. He had enough on his plate as it was.

"Psh, what's the worst you've done in the last couple days besides show a little skin and get tied and gagged in a totally non-sexual way? Once I offered to cuddle up and let you sleep beside me you were more or less happy to comply. Not that I'm complaining mind you."

He was merely trying to get a rise out of her, and the playful smirk on his face made it apparent. One thing he did enjoy about Iris was her ability to trade his flirtations right back at him.

Iris

"Psh, what's the worst you've done in the last couple days besides show a little skin and get tied and gagged in a totally non-sexual way? Once I offered to cuddle up and let you sleep beside me you were more or less happy to comply. Not that I'm complaining mind you."

He was merely trying to get a rise out of her, and the playful smirk on his face made it apparent. One thing he did enjoy about Iris was her ability to trade his flirtations right back at him.

She looked insulted. "Non-sexual? you disappoint me Varys."

She got down from her sitting spot and sat on his pelvis, "Not near good enough in that case. I demand that you correct that mistake."

She couldn't keep her own smile from splitting her face though. It was just a tease and they both likely knew it. "Unless you don't think you're capable~"

The elf raises an eyebrow, rather amused by her feigned expression of insult. She was adorable, even if she didn't mean to be. "Well, we had a dozen or so armed men knocking on our door, or else maybe my attention would have been focused on something else." He quips. He wasn't going to lie and say his imagination hadn't wandered briefly during that little activity.

What he wasn't expecting, was for her to rise up and settle down into his lap. He could have objected, but by all means this was an improvement: Better view, a nice bit of warmth, and a snarky pretty thing was tossing his own teases back at him.

He snickers under his breath at her 'challenge'. In reply, he reaches around her hips and clasps his hands on the flesh of her rear end. "Puh-lease. It'll take more than that to make me back down."

Iris

The elf raises an eyebrow, rather amused by her feigned expression of insult. She was adorable, even if she didn't mean to be. "Well, we had a dozen or so armed men knocking on our door, or else maybe my attention would have been focused on something else." He quips. He wasn't going to lie and say his imagination hadn't wandered briefly during that little activity.

"Excuses? Pathetic." She commented, she did know the reason and she knew also that in that situation she wasn't thinking in that particular way either, beforehand yes but not during, and she knew the importance of having priorities straight.

He snickers under his breath at her 'challenge'. In reply, he reaches around her hips and clasps his hands on the flesh of her rear end. "Puh-lease. It'll take more than that to make me back down."

She bit her lip, "Prove it."

Varys wasn't shy about kneading her flesh beneath his palms, and he smiled up at her coyly. "Hey now, if you were that down to mess around, you should have said something. The show probably would have stopped those men dead in their tracks." He joked. The tension between the two of them was obvious, now they were just playing to see who dared break it.

"Oh, so now I'm the sinful one who has something to prove? I'm already copping a generous feel, or is it you have other places in mind? I can never quite tell what you have cooking in that head." He snickers, playfully tugging at the material she wore. "Are you used to people breaking down and drooling over you at the snap of a finger?" It was a rather genuine question.

Iris

Varys wasn't shy about kneading her flesh beneath his palms, and he smiled up at her coyly. "Hey now, if you were that down to mess around, you should have said something. The show probably would have stopped those men dead in their tracks." He joked. The tension between the two of them was obvious, now they were just playing to see who dared break it.

"Maybe. Too bad we didn't test that theory." She said wiggling her buttocks. "Besides, I don't generally care to do it for an audience."

"Oh, so now I'm the sinful one who has something to prove? I'm already copping a generous feel, or is it you have other places in mind? I can never quite tell what you have cooking in that head." He snickers, playfully tugging at the material she wore. "Are you used to people breaking down and drooling over you at the snap of a finger?" It was a rather genuine question.

"I'm just waiting for you to put on your big boy pants and take what you want when you want it." She said folding her arms with an equally playful smile. "And besides, I prefer it when people break down and take charge. Not just start drooling. Honestly."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Varys
He bites down on his lip when she wiggles about on him. He offers a playful smack in retaliation. She almost made him lose his cool. Almost. "Really? you were a natural out there with a gag in your mouth. Stellar performance really."

Her words weren't as much a tease now, they were more akin to a blatant invitation. Clearing his throat, he reached over and lowered the covering over the back of the wagon the rest of the way to conceal them. His hands travelled over her, and he spoke with a smirk. "Fine then, enough of the games. Get this thing off of you so I can see what you've got."

Needless to say, the wagon certainly did seem to rock a deal more than usual the rest of the way into town. Nevertheless, they made it safe and sound in a few hours time.

Iris

• Devil
He bites down on his lip when she wiggles about on him. He offers a playful smack in retaliation. She almost made him lose his cool. Almost. "Really? you were a natural out there with a gag in your mouth. Stellar performance really."

"Why thank you. Could have made a better gag though." She commented. The spank was more than welcome, and she gave him a knowing grin. "Oh come on, you can do better than that."

Her words weren't as much a tease now, they were more akin to a blatant invitation. Clearing his throat, he reached over and lowered the covering over the back of the wagon the rest of the way to conceal them. His hands travelled over her, and he spoke with a smirk. "Fine then, enough of the games. Get this thing off of you so I can see what you've got."

Needless to say, the wagon certainly did seem to rock a deal more than usual the rest of the way into town. Nevertheless, they made it safe and sound in a few hours time.

She grinned, and hastened to obey. "Will we be using the ropes for this? Or are you confident enough that your hands will restrain me?"

She had no idea who was driving the wagon, but needless to say he/she heard things that they'd never forget. Upon arrival to the town, she'd groan, satisfied. "Wow, Who knew you could do so much?"

Oh, he knew damned well he'd be getting an earful from what drove the wagon later. for now though he tried to ignore the sounds of the town they'd entered in as the wagon slowed to travel through the gates. He squeezed the bare skinned woman resting on his chest closer, growling into her ear. "Should see me when I have a bed to work with." He joked with a nip to her ear.

Eventually though, he felt the wagon coming to a stop, and he let out a small groan of his own. "We should probably get dressed, you know. I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do as it is. Where'd you toss my stuff?"

Iris

• Devil