Private Tales Creatures Of The Night

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He'd learned to appreciate the small victories in life, and his little win over Iris's argument was one of those victories. He shot a cocky little grin her way when she didn't finish what she was about to say and continues. "See? I'm already getting the hang of you. Soon enough I'll be finishing your sentences." He had an inkling she'd react quite negatively to that, however.

She growled, just a little annoyed really. Getting the hang of her? What on earth did that mean? Did he see her as some kind of animal he had to get used to? It wouldn't be the first time.

No, he teased her but he wasn't the type to think that way. "Not unless I can finish yours."

He raises his eyebrows at her suggestive gesture, his eyes indeed getting their fill for a second and a half before he shook his head and walked closer to her, searching for a spot to sit. "Well, I at least know how you could win over the male hunters. They're probably starving for eye candy like that."

"You flatter me. Though they're more likely to keep me as a pet than let me go. Why would they do that for one time deal when they can have all of me all the time?" She asked, "no, that wouldn't work. You should feel pretty special, not everyone gets to get such a good view."

The Elf snorts, peering up at her with a hand gloved pressed dramatically to his chest. "Oh, I am, Iris. There's no half naked woman I'd rather be stuck in a cave with all night more." A bout of laughter quickly follows his words, and he gathers some dry sticks from around the cave floor where he sat, organizing them into a pile in front of him. With the point of a finger, the sticks erupt into a small fire, and he slides his gloves off of his hands to warm his palms against the head.

He knew Jon and Hob were going to worry about him in the morning, but he wouldn't be gone too long. Two days, maximum. Maybe less if he was able to deter the likely gathering hunting party. He speaks a bit more seriously up at Iris. "Jokes aside, I am grateful for the company. View aside, this would be rather boring without you here with me."

He'd had quite enough of living off of the land all on his own to last a lifetime. Spending days in a cave with nobody to talk to but his own thoughts sounded like pure torture.

Iris

The Elf snorts, peering up at her with a hand gloved pressed dramatically to his chest. "Oh, I am, Iris. There's no half naked woman I'd rather be stuck in a cave with all night more." A bout of laughter quickly follows his words, and he gathers some dry sticks from around the cave floor where he sat, organizing them into a pile in front of him. With the point of a finger, the sticks erupt into a small fire, and he slides his gloves off of his hands to warm his palms against the head.

She couldn't help a little chuckle from escaping her own lips at his performance. "You should have taken to the stage with such acting skill."

Then seeing the opportunity to tease him a little more she decided to say, "so which to you prefer to see? Butt or bust?"

He knew Jon and Hob were going to worry about him in the morning, but he wouldn't be gone too long. Two days, maximum. Maybe less if he was able to deter the likely gathering hunting party. He speaks a bit more seriously up at Iris. "Jokes aside, I am grateful for the company. View aside, this would be rather boring without you here with me."

She looked away. "I am too, it's been a while since I've spoken to anyone. It's a pleasant change, I'll say that much."

Well, he'd at least gotten her to open up and smile a little. As grouchy as she was when they'd met, he was worried he'd be stuck with an angry soul all night. Though he knew all too well what being hungry did to your mood. It was a gnawing feeling at the pit of your gut that ate away at you excruciatingly slowly. Nobody deserved it.

He raises an eyebrow and look over her again. "You're not bad conversation, it's a shame that being what you are makes most wary of you. You're quite pleasant once you smile a bit." He averts his gaze once more when she asks her question. "Ahem. You're lovely, Iris, but I'm not ogling you enough to pick favorites."

Iris

He raises an eyebrow and look over her again. "You're not bad conversation, it's a shame that being what you are makes most wary of you. You're quite pleasant once you smile a bit."

"I suppose it is. I'm not completely alone, there are a few other Disciples of Cinder, and tieflings are less inclined to hate me on account of what I am, so it's not unbearable." She told him, "but thank you."

He averts his gaze once more when she asks her question. "Ahem. You're lovely, Iris, but I'm not ogling you enough to pick favorites."

A mischievous glint entered her gaze. "Aw. Little elf is shy. It's cute, you wanted to look over my wings but You're shy about looking at the rest of me, how sweet."

He couldn't help but let a long laugh escape his throat, the memory of the tiefling he'd met at The University dredged up by her words. He'd wondered if all of them were so scrunched and grouchy looking. "You're certainly better company than the last tiefling I ran across."

All he can do in response to her provocation is clear her throat and turn his head to look at her, somewhat begrudgingly. "It's... less a matter of shyness and more one of decency. Just because you've told me I can look doesn't mean I should stare. I've seen creatures wearing far less, believe me. I pride myself on thinking with the head that's on my shoulders, if you get what I'm saying."

Iris

He couldn't help but let a long laugh escape his throat, the memory of the tiefling he'd met at The University dredged up by her words. He'd wondered if all of them were so scrunched and grouchy looking. "You're certainly better company than the last tiefling I ran across."

"Oh? Well you shouldn't blame them, tieflings and half-demons aren't that different and are both treated with suspicion to outright hatred. I've seen tieflings executed just because they were tieflings. So I wouldn't take it personally."

All he can do in response to her provocation is clear her throat and turn his head to look at her, somewhat begrudgingly. "It's... less a matter of shyness and more one of decency. Just because you've told me I can look doesn't mean I should stare. I've seen creatures wearing far less, believe me. I pride myself on thinking with the head that's on my shoulders, if you get what I'm saying."

She nodded. "Alright Varys, you win. If you want me to cover up I'll cover up. But I'm always open to giving you a peek."

She picked up her cloak and wrapped herself in it, though she kept the hood down. "Tell me, where do you come from?

He smiles a bit at her, sympathetic to her plight. Certainly, he could understand how being a less popular race put a chip on your shoulder. If you knew everybody was going to assume the worst of you from the beginning, certainly it would make you wary to trust anybody at all. When she wraps her self back in the cloak, he snickers. "Now, I didn't say I minded the view. Good to know you're willing to start undressing whenever I ask though, really shows me where we stand." He offers a small wink.

Re-Igniting the fire with the point of a finger again, he smiles. "I grew up homeless on the streets of Fal'Addas. I lived stealing and conning other elves out of their money, just enough to sleep an an inn each night and get enough food to survive. My Master, Jon found me by chance, and made me his apprentice. I'm learning to Transmute, and how to handle his trademark fireworks displays."

Iris

When she wraps her self back in the cloak, he snickers. "Now, I didn't say I minded the view. Good to know you're willing to start undressing whenever I ask though, really shows me where we stand." He offers a small wink.

"So you're saying you want me naked now do you? I'd be happy to oblige." She retorted, hoping to finally get him on the ropes instead of her. He had found a way to keep her on the defensive with their verbal fencing match, she wanted to turn the tables and thought that that might do it.

Re-Igniting the fire with the point of a finger again, he smiles. "I grew up homeless on the streets of Fal'Addas. I lived stealing and conning other elves out of their money, just enough to sleep an an inn each night and get enough food to survive. My Master, Jon found me by chance, and made me his apprentice. I'm learning to Transmute, and how to handle his trademark fireworks displays."

"I'm sorry you had to grow up that way." She said sincerely. She was no stranger to struggle.

"Tch. Are you this forward with all the random elves you scoop up into a cave, or am I special?" He rolls his eyes. She knew how to throw teases around, that much was for sure. He was certainly glad she had a sense of humor. "Do as you please, Iris. We're stuck here until morning at the earliest. If that makes you comfortable, I'll be fine either way."

He knew that it was possibly a cop out, pretending he wouldn't be affected by her choice, but it was either that, or fire back with an equally bold remark. He wasn't very good at that. Never the less, he does slide his jacket off himself. Unbuttoning his shirt and tossing it aside before using the coat as a blanket. The floor of the cave was a bit rough, so he sat up against the wall.

He mutters under his breath.

"I'll be lucky to last that long with my decency intact."

• Devil
Reactions: Iris
"Tch. Are you this forward with all the random elves you scoop up into a cave, or am I special?" He rolls his eyes.

She hummed, "I don't know, what do you think?"

She knew how to throw teases around, that much was for sure. He was certainly glad she had a sense of humor. "Do as you please, Iris. We're stuck here until morning at the earliest. If that makes you comfortable, I'll be fine either way."

She grinned, "so, you do want to see me naked."

It was a bit of a desperate throw, which meant he'd either go on the defensive, or she miscalculated and her fencing partner would score a touch, which meant he'd commit to it and she'd have to either strip for him or back down. She had to say, much as she hated loosing, he was a worthy verbal opponent, and she liked challenges too.

He mutters under his breath.

"I'll be lucky to last that long with my decency intact."

"Elves aren't the only ones with good hearing you know. And you're in a cave, everything you say echoes." She told him, responding to his mutter.

A puff of air escapes his lips. Damnit, this woman liked to talk. He wasn't going to get any sleep until she was satisfied that one of them had been the winner. Is this what they meant when they attributed Demons, Devils and their constituents to seduction and temptation? There wasn't anything magical about it, she was just wearing him down with her taunts until she got what she wanted. Fine.

Two could play at that came. He locks eyes with her, a smirk on the corner of his lips as he echoes her own words.

"I don't know, what do you think?"

He settles back against the cave wall, it wasn't comfortable, but it was enough to attempt a few hours of sleep. It would do until dawn. Even as he relaxes, he continues.

"Seeing as you're the one so hung up on it, I'd be willing to bet that you want me to see you disrobe, and this is your way of trying to convince yourself that it isn't your idea." He side eyes her. "You're too embarrassed to admit what you want. Am I on the money?"

Iris

• Dab
Two could play at that came. He locks eyes with her, a smirk on the corner of his lips as he echoes her own words.

"I don't know, what do you think?"

He settles back against the cave wall, it wasn't comfortable, but it was enough to attempt a few hours of sleep. It would do until dawn. Even as he relaxes, he continues.

"Seeing as you're the one so hung up on it, I'd be willing to bet that you want me to see you disrobe, and this is your way of trying to convince yourself that it isn't your idea." He side eyes her. "You're too embarrassed to admit what you want. Am I on the money?"

She frowned, "you're too good at this."

She put her arms up, "alright. I yield to your superior rhetoric. I was trying to get myself off the defensive but my riposte is a tad rusty it seems. Well done Varys, you beat a demoness at her own game. Well done indeed."

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Varys
He brings his fist to his mouth and blows on it before rubbing it against his chest. What he may have lacked in brawn, he liked to think me made up for in brains. Not that he was particularly scrawny, but he was lean. He looks over at her, looking rather cocky now.

"I guess maybe I should be a temptress in my next life." He teases. "So, is there a rule that I get rewarded for winning or something?"

• Devil
"I guess maybe I should be a temptress in my next life." He teases. "So, is there a rule that I get rewarded for winning or something?"

She laughed, "you'd make an excellent incubus, that's for sure. Easy on the eyes and you could charm the fur off a horse. As for a reward, well, there usually is. What did you have in mind? You bested me at my own game, so, I'm yours to command Master Varys."

He waves his hand in front of his face, fanning himself exaggeratedly. "Oh, well now you're simply flattering me. I don't think that would be a smart career move though. Too much responsibility, you know?" He wasn't going to mention that he didn't rightly know the specifics of what an Incubus was, but he could make a few assumptions. He'd been joking about the reward, but it seemed like once again she was expecting an order.

"Keep calling me that and I'm going to get an ego." He snickers. Still, if she wanted to be told to do something, he'd comply. Raising a hand from beneath his coat and beckons her to him. "Very well. Come keep me company. It's going to be cold tonight."

Iris

• Devil
He waves his hand in front of his face, fanning himself exaggeratedly. "Oh, well now you're simply flattering me. I don't think that would be a smart career move though. Too much responsibility, you know?" He wasn't going to mention that he didn't rightly know the specifics of what an Incubus was, but he could make a few assumptions.

"Oh stop. An incubus is a male sex demon. They don't have responsibilities, and usually have a number of women as their willing slaves. It's all perks." She said with an eyeroll.

He'd been joking about the reward, but it seemed like once again she was expecting an order.

"Keep calling me that and I'm going to get an ego." He snickers. Still, if she wanted to be told to do something, he'd comply. Raising a hand from beneath his coat and beckons her to him. "Very well. Come keep me company. It's going to be cold tonight."

This brought a grin to her face. And she complied, slipping into his side and putting her head on his chest while her wings wrapped them up under the coat. "Is this satisfactory?"

Yes, well that was about what he'd expected it to be. Definitely not his forte, nor did he have any plan for a career change in the near future. He was happy to learn under Jonathan for the time being. He was making quite a lot of progress lately, and he was getting so close to his goal.

As Iris quite blatantly gave away how eager she was to get closer to him, he rolls his eyes with a little laugh. He certainly wasn't complaining though. The leathery wings offered much more heat that the coat he had over his chest, and he looks down at Iris, resting her head beneath his chin.

"You don't have to answer this, okay?"

He reaches up and rests an arm around her.

"You're rather lonely out here aren't you?"

• Love
"You don't have to answer this, okay?"

He reaches up and rests an arm around her.

"You're rather lonely out here aren't you?"

She hesitated to answer, but there was no hiding the fact. Perhaps she had been overeager, so much so as to give that particular piece of information away. She didn't meet his eye.

"Yes, I suppose I am." She said simply. "I was too obvious about it. I'm... sorry, if I've caused you any discomfort or inconvenience."

She shouldn't have been so desperate. She'd been alone for a long time, even among people, so why was it bothering her? She should have been used to it.

He laughed and shook his head. He knew how loneliness felt, and it wasn't a fun feeling to have. He'd been resisting her, teasing and coaxing her and her ways, but he was beginning to realize it was all more or less her way of asking for affection.

She just wanted his attention, and he supposed there wasn't any harm in giving it to her in the moment.

He smiles and wraps his arms around her comfortingly, pulling her closer against his body. "It's alright. I understand more than you know. If it makes you feel better, I'm not going anywhere tonight. All yours."

Iris

• Bless
He smiles and wraps his arms around her comfortingly, pulling her closer against his body. "It's alright. I understand more than you know. If it makes you feel better, I'm not going anywhere tonight. All yours."

She smiled, and said, "I'm going to owe you quite a lot aren't I?"

But he was kind enough to satisfy her loneliness, for tonight anyway. And she was happy about that. She was pulled closer and she herself wrapped him just a bit tighter with her wings and her arms.

"Thank you."

He laughs, doing his best to be pure of heart as she all but melts into him. She was awfully warm, and he himself was unused to having somebody in such close proximity.

"I'm sure you'll just tease me with eye candy as my payment. I seem to be getting that in spades tonight." He winks to her. "Not a complaint. I'm flattered you're so eager to show off."

He yawns, running a hand through her hair and letting his muscles relax. If he was able to make her feel better than he had when he was alone, it was worth it.

Iris

• Love
"I'm sure you'll just tease me with eye candy as my payment. I seem to be getting that in spades tonight." He winks to her. "Not a complaint. I'm flattered you're so eager to show off."

She giggled, "I'm flattered you enjoyed it so much. If that's what you want, then it's yours."

He yawns, running a hand through her hair and letting his muscles relax. If he was able to make her feel better than he did when he was alone, it was worth it.

The hand through her hair was new, but comforting. Lucky for them her horns curved back and in, so he was in no danger of being stabbed. He yawned, she didn't bother. She just closed her eyes, and sleep overcame her.

Iris would awaken carefully wrapped in Varys' coat, with his shirt bunched up as a pillow, and laid beside a fire. Varys himself had risen, and was standing at the mouth of the cave, looking out at Osteriam.

They were definitely in a commotion, and it seemed as though they were holding a town meeting to decide what they were to do about the apparent monster in their midst. He saw Jon's wagon still parked there, and sighed in relief. They weren't leaving him behind.

He turns to Iris and smiles, walking over to her and sitting.

"Hey sleeping beauty. Looks like you're stuck with me a while longer. Think you can behave?"

Iris

• Devil
She yawned herself awake, her wings now empty she blinked her eyes to look around at what had happened. She saw him standing there at the cave's mouth.

He turns to Iris and smiles, walking over to her and sitting.

"Hey sleeping beauty. Looks like you're stuck with me a while longer. Think you can behave?"

She smiled sleepily. "Depends. Will you spank me if I don't?"

She stood up and stretched, not like one normally did, she pushed her shoulders forward, hunching her back like a cat when it stretched, and reaching for the ceiling with her wings, then finished with a sigh.

She stood up and gave him his coat back. "Thank you, for last night. It was a lot to ask, and you let me anyway. So, thanks."

She looked out at the town with him, "are you sure you don't want to go in? It would be a lot simpler. I can escape from them without too much difficulty, so if you actually turn me over that's fine. Or you can claim that I'm your catch and you want to bring me to higher authorities, or something like that. I can't just disappear into the clouds, since I'm only half demon I'm not actually built for flying."

The blacksmith was noisy though, everyone in the town seemed to be near the town square, save for the blacksmiths and their apprentices. The hammering of metal rang loud and clear. What could they be making?"